April 16, 2024, 11:09:59 AM

Author Topic: Yorke: Fergie puts team first  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke: Fergie puts team first
« on: February 27, 2006, 04:31:13 PM »
Yorke: Fergie puts team first
Ireland Online

Dwight Yorke believes Ruud van Nistelrooy must accept that Alex Ferguson acted in the best interests of the team when leaving him out of the Carling Cup final victory over Wigan.

Van Nistelrooy was an unused substitute in the 4-0 win at the Millennium Stadium and looked glum as his team-mates celebrated around him.

Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Yorke – a striker earlier in his career with the Red Devils – was left out of the 1999 FA Cup final by Ferguson and while he recalled it being a tough decision to swallow he realises the canny Scot did the right thing.

Yorke told BBC News 24: “I remember in the treble-winning year we went to Wembley where we were playing Newcastle (in the FA Cup final).

“(Ferguson) came into my room that morning and said ‘I’m leaving you out’. It wasn’t very nice because as a player you want to play in every game, and I can understand and sympathise with the gaffer, and every time he makes these decisions he’s right.

“That proves the team is more important, and he has got results. I can understand Ruud being upset being the top scorer, I was in a similar position and (Ferguson) assured me that I was going to play in the final.

“I was disappointed because you want to play in all the crucial games, and being top scorer Ruud might feel a bit hard done by. But it’s not often the gaffer gets it wrong and he got a result.

“I’m sure Ruud has a future at United. As the top scorer at the club you expect to be out on the pitch from the start and that is what this is all about, so he would be disappointed about it.

“But the gaffer knows the team is more important and got the right result. There aren’t many times he has got it wrong.”

T&T welcomes back...the King

truetrini

Re: Yorke: Fergie puts team first
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2006, 04:32:46 PM »
yah ah was dere fuh dat interview,,dwight do about 6 oui.

de man real representing he nation fellas.

Offline Cantona007

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2006, 09:55:52 PM »
It is so interesting; before, I always thought that there was irreconcilable bad blood between Fergie and Dwight. As I recall, Fergie also called Dwight during the Bahrain adventure and also Dwight trains at Old Trafford. Yorke has really established himslef now as a classy professional and a leader.
#include <std/disclaimer.h>
/* Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved it correct, not tried it. -- Donald Knuth */

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Yorke's Ruud awakening
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 05:56:11 AM »
Yorke's Ruud awakening
Sky Sports

Dwight Yorke has warned Ruud van Nistelrooy that there could be no way back for him at Manchester United.

Trinidad & Tobago's World Cup-bound striker experienced the cold shoulder of United manager Sir Alex Ferguson and has warned van Nistelrooy that his days at Old Trafford could be numbered.

Van Nistelrooy's omission from United's first team in the second half of last season has left the Dutchman disgruntled and seemingly heading towards the exit door.

Ex-United star Yorke also received short shrift from Ferguson after a difference of opinion and promptly left Old Trafford in 2002.

And Yorke believes the same fate will now await van Nistelrooy.

"I don't think there is any way back if you fall out with the manager," said Yorke.

"He is a very strong manager who always does what he thinks is best for Manchester United and that is the most important thing to him.

"Ruud is still a world class striker and will score a lot of goals.

"But no one is bigger than Manchester United."

Meanwhile, Yorke has upped the ante ahead of T&T's clash with England in World Cup Group B on June 15.

The 34-year-old, who will captain his side against The Three Lions, believes the onus is on Sven Goran Eriksson's team to deliver after a succession of failures at major tournaments.

"England always have a good chance and everyone knows the players and the capabilities that they have in their team," said Yorke.

"But over the years, since 1966 in fact, they haven't gone on to win the tournament.

"So perhaps there is added pressure on them to see whether they can stand up and be counted.

"But if all the players play to their potential, England shouldn't be far away because we all know what they are capable of doing."
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yorke's Ruud awakening
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 07:16:37 AM »

ruud told dutch press manchester is over
think it will be ac milan next season

check dis:

LEIPZIG - Wie zondag in Leipzig voorafgaand aan Nederlands eerste duel op het wereldkampioenschap voetbal het oranjefeest in het stadscentrum wil meemaken, zal vroeg uit de veren moeten. Om 7 uur 's morgens al 'geht's los' in Leipzig.

yes,its dutch

it means that the dutch play on sunday 15.00
before the game there is a massive party in Leipzig(germany)
that strarts AT 7 IN THE MORNING!
everybody is invited
the oranjeparty is starting sunday!!!

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 07:52:23 AM »
i think yorke right. i could also see VN as sheva replacement in milan.

now ferguson playing brave. next season he will have 3 fragile strikers.

- saha (often injured)
- rooney (break foot is take time to heal. the world cup eh go help that)
- solkjaer (sp?) (injured for the better part of 3 years)

he will have to buy.

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 08:07:55 AM »
check dis:
it means that the dutch play on sunday 15.00
before the game there is a massive party in Leipzig(germany)
that strarts AT 7 IN THE MORNING!
everybody is invited
the oranjeparty is starting sunday!!!
Is that a real good party ? Any links ?
the connection from dortmund is very  good saves a bloody far placed boring hotel and I didn't book that hotel in Dortmund yet.
Dortmund Hbf
Leipzig Hbf    Su, 11.06.06 Su, 11.06.06 dep arr 02:58
9:49    6:51
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 09:40:20 AM »

he dutchman

t staat in de telegraaf
gaat uit van t oranjecommitee
zijn altijd wel vette feesten!

come on t&t party with us!

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 09:54:14 AM »
I wonder if Ruud could replace Shev. Those are extremely large shoes tuh fill

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 10:28:17 AM »
I think Manchester should keep him he is great with their current system, but from his standpoint he should move on because it seems as if Saha has slipped past him in the pecking order.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 10:41:40 AM »
Whenever Ferguson want to get rid of a player for his own personal reasons, he invokes the name of Manchester United to make it seem like he is right.

Oh "Nobody is bigger than Manchester United."
He means "Nobody is bigger than Sir Alex."

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 01:08:52 PM »
Whenever Ferguson want to get rid of a player for his own personal reasons, he invokes the name of Manchester United to make it seem like he is right.

full marks there man .....Have you also realised that as soon as a player gets bigger than Sir Alex he gets  cut down in his prime ?
Yorke was hero one year then zero the next....from top scorer in the premiership and champions league to bench warmer in a matter of months.....for off the field reasons we are told ..... you ever hear more gobar than dat !

Sir Alex....peuk .... even played Yorke for 15 mins so he would be cup tied when Midlesborogh expressed an interest in buying him from Manchester. Of course interest cooled when he could not play in the FA cup for mddlesborough . Alex didn't want him and noone else would ..... that was the message ! You playin wid meh !

He then was put off the bench with : Sir Alex " bringing up players from the second team to fill the gap when injuries set in ! I have a good memeory for all Sir Alex fans

Then there was beckham....too much limelight after the treble ...the pride of manchester unted was sold ..and he didn't want to go ..but he had to ..take yuh shoes and go !

Then there was Stamm ...dont mess with me boys...... and that's what you will remain !

Van Nistilroy is just one in a series of vindictative moves by the ageing Fergusson ...
there will be more rooney's time will come soon.

the reason for Man United's success must always be fergusson ..... if you are a threat to that you must go !

Dwght is just playing the game at the moment and they are both playing games. They both knowt he rules and there is nothing to be gained from a war of words

Offline Benchwarmer

• Sr. Warrior
  • Trini to the bone...Dutch till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 01:33:25 PM »

full marks there man .....Have you also realised that as soon as a player gets bigger than Sir Alex he gets cut down in his prime ?
Yorke was hero one year then zero the next....from top scorer in the premiership and champions league to bench warmer in a matter of months.....for off the field reasons we are told ..... you ever hear more gobar than dat !

Sir Alex....peuk .... even played Yorke for 15 mins so he would be cup tied when Midlesborogh expressed an interest in buying him from Manchester. Of course interest cooled when he could not play in the FA cup for mddlesborough . Alex didn't want him and noone else would ..... that was the message ! You playin wid meh !

He then was put off the bench with : Sir Alex " bringing up players from the second team to fill the gap when injuries set in ! I have a good memeory for all Sir Alex fans

Then there was beckham....too much limelight after the treble ...the pride of manchester unted was sold ..and he didn't want to go ..but he had to ..take yuh shoes and go !

Then there was Stamm ...dont mess with me boys...... and that's what you will remain !

Van Nistilroy is just one in a series of vindictative moves by the ageing Fergusson ...
there will be more rooney's time will come soon.

the reason for Man United's success must always be fergusson ..... if you are a threat to that you must go !

Dwght is just playing the game at the moment and they are both playing games. They both knowt he rules and there is nothing to be gained from a war of words

Totally agree.. the Stam one hurt.. the man really sell Stam for no reason atall.... if yuh fall otu with him....that is it.. the only difference with Keane is that Keane had a strong personality to.....so he let him leave peacefully......Once yuh open yuh mouth yuh gone.... the man is get away with it cause for some reason players is come to fill the gap... and is make the man look like a master manager

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 02:14:12 PM »
Rvn to barca boy!

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 01:25:58 AM »

ruud leaves man u.
better for him ,cause that fergie guy thinks he´s god
there was an interview on dutch tv
and you could clearly see he does not want to play for the team anymore

but maybe after the worldcup everything is clearing again,you never know
ruud does not want to be a reserve,he wants to play,if its not for man u its is for an other club,he said

1]; } ?>