May 23, 2024, 03:02:14 AM

Author Topic: I have a huge problem with how the team was dressed on arrival  (Read 22383 times)

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
Re: I have a huge problem with how the team was dressed on arrival
« Reply #120 on: June 08, 2006, 12:06:12 PM »
Hate to say it but PEG is actually right.  There are things which culturally are ok in our part of the world, so it's a judgment call.  If it were me managing, not necessarily ties but YES your first step to WORK you are going to look the part.  

High schools all over the globe do it in some cases.  WAKE up, 3rd world people. Please.  Yes, little stuff like this that we steups and say "oh gawd giwwe a chance nuh" is HUGE.  Take it from me.  Think of how much better TnT would be with more professionalism.

I still wouldn't say it's a HUGE problem for me, but yes, and no its not about the suit, its also about "in 100 years the pictures will look better", too.

Some people are not going to "get" this, and that is ok, but I am telling you all something more formal would have been way more appropriate.  The pics of the other teams in suits are not the only reason.  Sigh... :'(

And stop with this stupidness as though making a valid point means u not supporting the team. I really want to know who in here have any damn grounds to tell anyone who to support and who don't. "U is a waggonist because...." "U ent no real supporter because....". Warriors doh belong to all yuh. They belong to anyone who wants to support.  Trini passport or not.

Ketch yuh damn self.  >:(
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 12:23:26 PM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 08, 2006, 12:17:04 PM »
I wonder if we could get a picture of the 1st time Brazil stepped out of the plane for their 1st WC.  ::) They've been there before and are the world champions; they could afford to look relaxed. I still think it's a adidas contractual  term. When is the last time anyone see Beenie in anything other than the addies tracksuit to give an interview. But waeva, I fly out in the morning  :wavetowel:
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 12:18:38 PM by FLi ! »
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 08, 2006, 12:19:03 PM »
sorry boss cyar agree with yuh on dat.This is a football competition a sports competition and while the Italians and English man may have looked better accorging to some people's opinion I found absoutely nothing wrong with the teams' dress code.W

I agree. The team wore something that reflected their laid-back attitude a la Brazil...because Brazil wore shorts and jerseys. I think arriving in suits was a bit much by the other teams...coming out of an aeroplane and getting on to a bus isn't really a formal ocassion. It's football the passionate, beautiful game, not cricket the "gentleman's" sport where there are a lot more restictions and a lot less leeway not only on the field but off the field as well.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 08, 2006, 12:21:30 PM »
Brazil has nakedness in their Carnival - we doing that too? Steups.

Let us look at what looks better, nuh.....think of how nice it would have looked to see all them men dressed up sharp to land in GERMANY....it would not have killed them is not like they doing it for 10 days.

Come, doh get me vex now.....u ever see an old black and white picture of a TNT team for Olympics or Netball or Pan Ams or any big games of any kind or something so and everybody in sweats???????????....doh make me start to pull all the precedent out for why this flicking team should have been in better clothes.  I trying to keep both schools of thought in the game.

I say no big deal to me but yes it should have been better, now men making it seem like that is nitpicking.....IT IS NOT! - every national team I ever travelled with to anywhere had to wear a jacket and tie.  Someone mentioned the WI team as well - very good example and 90% of the countries on earth couldn't care less about cricket so why do they travel like that?

I know better than most.  You are an ambassador when u are representing your country internationally.  Period.  THAT is why people are made to wear their dress uniform when landing in an official capacity.  Anyone who has ever been to AMSTERDAM knows why Beenie doh care about stuff like that, but that doh make it right, per se.

At the end of the day, is this really something to get yourself so worked up about? Doesn't this seem a bit trivial and inconsequential when compared to more pressing matters? For instance, the team's performance come Saturday?
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 08, 2006, 12:25:08 PM »

With ato on his side, Peg may come back from his self imposed exile from the site, lol!  :devil:
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 08, 2006, 12:26:47 PM »
AH GO BUSS DIS THREAD HEAD

:banginghead:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 08, 2006, 12:29:03 PM »
TTFF and the managers of the team must take the blame for having our team show up in Germany in track suit.  We must have standards if we are to be taken seriously or take ourself seriously.  No way are the English or the Swedes or dare say the Paraguayans landing in Germany with track suit with cap on etc.  WE MUST HAVE STANDARDS.  GO WARRIORS!

At least they show up in team uniform and not short pants, vest and piper clarks on dey foot...steuppsss I don't know why you complaining about nah.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #127 on: June 08, 2006, 01:12:38 PM »

Let us look at what looks better, nuh.....think of how nice it would have looked to see all them men dressed up sharp to land in GERMANY....it would not have killed them is not like they doing it for 10 days.

Come, doh get me vex now.....u ever see an old black and white picture of a TNT team for Olympics or Netball or Pan Ams or any big games of any kind or something so and everybody in sweats???????????....doh make me start to pull all the precedent out for why this flicking team should have been in better clothes.  I trying to keep both schools of thought in the game.

I say no big deal to me but yes it should have been better, now men making it seem like that is nitpicking.....IT IS NOT! - every national team I ever travelled with to anywhere had to wear a jacket and tie.  Someone mentioned the WI team as well - very good example and 90% of the countries on earth couldn't care less about cricket so why do they travel like that?

I know better than most.  You are an ambassador when u are representing your country internationally.  Period.  THAT is why people are made to wear their dress uniform when landing in an official capacity.  Anyone who has ever been to AMSTERDAM knows why Beenie doh care about stuff like that, but that doh make it right, per se.

At the end of the day, is this really something to get yourself so worked up about? Doesn't this seem a bit trivial and inconsequential when compared to more pressing matters? For instance, the team's performance come Saturday?

well said Toppa !!!
Ato maybe is you need waking up and not we '3rd World people" as you put it .
It's a shame that someone that has represented TnT at the highest level would come on here 1day before the WC and not only agree but add to the criticizing of the TnT team dress code.and yes it is 'nit picking' because something like this cudda wait till after the WC. According to your post you agree with 'PEG' so then you were also 'dissappointed badly' by the TnT team the same team you're with and  covering right now ,I wonder did you share your dissappointment with the players,managers and coaches or is it only here you have voiced your dissappointment.
After reading your post I've realised that your criticizm of the teams' wear was based on 1: how would the picture look in 100 years, 2: de WI team  wears jackets and ties and the humorous one of all is 3: ' I KNOW BETTER THAN MOST ".....you maybe able to run faster than most , buh you eh know much when it comes to trully supporting your national football team,and by some of yuh comments yuh come accross as arrogant and ignorant.Now is not the time to 'nit picking' and finding fault now is the time to either truly show your support or go and back the teams that dress good ....
p.s look at Brazil the best team in the world they recognize this is a football competition and they dressed to suit the occasion ....shorts and sneakers ....I guess they need waking up too after all the're a '3rd world' country also .....maybe is you need waking up Ato !!!!!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 01:26:31 PM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 08, 2006, 01:16:29 PM »

despite the varying opinions, a couple things are for sure...

1.perception is a mutha*****.

The formal suit was probably, designed/invented way way back centuries ago in Europe and impressed upon people of other continents and has come to be the standard of professionalism.......so anyone not wearing one is seen as not as professional as someone who is. So that probably means that indigenous wear of other cultures just doesn't cut it......

2.Tradition is concrete

As Ato said, if you look back in the 60's you probably wouldn't see anyone wearing sweats to arrive at the airport for an int'l competition. My response is so what ? But as humans we always place value on things that have been done for a long time...the longer the tradition the stronger the value, even if they defy rationale. Think outside the box....break the mould....nothing but cliche I guess...

3. Influence is king

People say- when I was in college or on this team or that team yadda yadda, we always wore ties to travel. Ask yourself, did you choose to wear that ? probably not. You were probably just following the rules. If your team rules were that you must wear a t-shirt and jeans, you probably wouldn't show up wearing a suit...in the end you were just a sucker to influence and instruction.....so where is your value system coming from ?

point is, you could rant and rave all you want, there are no genuine opinions on this thread, When it comes to dress we're all just following rules based other people's perception, tradition and influence.........we're all sheep, and in this case the sheep were dressed up in track suits........ so everyone shut up.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 01:34:44 PM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 08, 2006, 01:55:21 PM »
YES!! ah raisin de jep nest again!!  :devil:

Anyway, wuh allyuh tink about dis...it casual,, yet formal..and have ah peter minshall kanaval vibes

right..we eh done yet..so pink gators for detroit playas right?
so we players wearin national colour gators

Too formal

Okay, some ostrich sneakers...

matter fix...formal yet informal...everybody happy

somebody send jack de memo for 2010
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 08, 2006, 02:28:23 PM »
YES!! ah raisin de jep nest again!!  :devil:

Anyway, wuh allyuh tink about dis...it casual,, yet formal..and have ah peter minshall kanaval vibes

right..we eh done yet..so pink gators for detroit playas right?
so we players wearin national colour gators

Too formal

Okay, some ostrich sneakers...

matter fix...formal yet informal...everybody happy

somebody send jack de memo for 2010

Dutty u is pure jokes man LOL

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 08, 2006, 02:36:18 PM »
oright

1. all yuh could stop responding to dis thread cause it seem like it go go on forever

2. man and woman getting buff like crazy even Ato (well lawd ah love it)

3. whoever in charge of de T&T dress code and all yuh know who it is and disagree den leewee ride fuh him and give him ah bullpistol in he ass

4. talk negativity done.....

5. next topic
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 05:37:49 PM by chinee_boi »

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #132 on: June 08, 2006, 03:08:27 PM »
oright

1. all yuh could stop responding to dis thread cause it seem like it go go on forever

2. man and woman getting buff like crazy even Ato (well lawd ah love it)

3. whoever in charge of de T&T dress code and all yuh know who it is and disagree den leewee ride fuh him and give him ah bullpistol in he ass

4. talk done.....

5. next topic

shud be negativity done.... not talk.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline A.B.

• Hero Warrior
  • Everything I'm NOT made me everything I AM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 08, 2006, 10:00:40 PM »
Big up yuhself. Clueless.

I said I know better than most because I DO know better than most how visible athletes on a big stage representing a country are.  I used to be one.  It has nothing to do with running fast, you imps.  Because you read it wrong doh make it out to be me being ignorant or arrogant.  Secondly, who said "YOU ALL" 3rd world people?  Did I take myself out of that equation? They represent ME so what my opinion of I want them to wear is valid, you haul your ass if you disagree. Are you identified as Trini more than me? Steups.

Stop tryin to start ishh. Disagree without getting on like an arse. Doh big up yuhself by being an internet gangsta.

It would not have killed them to dress a little and I said there are tons of reasons other than what you qut.  You know what, never mind - you right.  They should dress anyhow, they are only a national team in the WORLD CUP for the first time, and it doh put goals in the back of the net so who cares, right?  Brazil didn't - as you said, while using my reasons given as though they are illogical - like what Brazil wore should matter.

Yuh right boy, what does it matter on the surface - but that is a microcosm of why things are the way they are today.

Finally, stop being a complete fool by pretending that if you would like to see your team dress better on their first time in the WC that means you are nitpicking and "not being supportive" on this eve of the WC.  Doh tell me bout support and doh tell me bout patriotism, it is only giving me a good laugh.  I can cuss Stern for not scoring enough damn goals and loafing and still go to Germany and support him wholeheartedly.  Which I am doing.

I dunno who u think u is, telling me what I stand for.

We can continue this anywhere you want.  PM is available.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 10:07:48 PM by atoboldon »
BORN TO DO IT

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 08, 2006, 10:35:15 PM »
clothes do not make the man,de way you're dressed has nothin to do with your ability or effectiveness.if de warriors wanted track suits,say wuh.that is what they looked comfortable in.so be it.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline chinee boi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 08, 2006, 10:43:00 PM »
mods all yuh delete this thread plz cause big man/woman acting like little children....

we come on this forum tuh talk we football and now we have big men like Ato (no disrespect, jus saying yuh name cause supposingly everyone know yuh) talking ah real setta shit IMO

everbody have they own opinion (that is why we have freedom of speech), yes some ppl believe dat de should dress up nice cause yuh representing we, oh gawd get over it. WHAT DONE IS DONE!!!!!  

ATO u represent we country...question fuh yuh.....u always dress up in suit and ting when u was in de eye of de camera??? yuh know what doh answer it cause really and truly i doh care cause however u want tuh dress is ur choice.

so lewee jus look at we boys in a positive way and done de flicking negativity...........

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 09, 2006, 03:58:03 AM »
SO WHAT if they wear track suits,it's football they there for, not a beauty pargeant,for all of you who disagree with what they wearing, it have better things to worry about like the up coming games or if Andrews ok to play,come people this post ain't worth arguing over.

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 09, 2006, 06:39:38 AM »
there was  piece on BBC last nite about teams arriving in Germany, and how they were all dressed in incredible disigner suits as part of thier kits...

especially the French team....

they even pointed out how Cisse's replacement arrived with the team but in jeans and a tshirt (no kit was available to him yet)...
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #138 on: June 09, 2006, 07:02:23 AM »
After reading everyone's post....I must say EVERYBODY has a valid point. Some say professionalizm is the key others say "so what" others say maybe that is what they were required to wear by their sponsor.  Everybody's point is vaild.

My problem is... "Why now" ??

Folks I'm not sure if you all realize this but TODAY is the beginning of World Cup.
Today is the day we put only name in history.
Tomorrow we will be playing our hearts out
Tomorrow our Country will be in the eyes of the world.

All you all can talk about is what the team wore when they arrive in Germany ?

Why not say "thank you god for bringing us this far"

You all need to inhale and let us all get together and enjoy football.

Come on folks......UNITY....let's enjoy the fu*king game man  :beermug:

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 09, 2006, 07:06:32 AM »
After reading everyone's post....I must say EVERYBODY has a valid point. Some say professionalizm is the key others say "so what" others say maybe that is what they were required to wear by their sponsor.  Everybody's point is vaild.

My problem is... "Why now" ??

Folks I'm not sure if you all realize this but TODAY is the beginning of World Cup.
Today is the day we put only name in history.
Tomorrow we will be playing our hearts out
Tomorrow our Country will be in the eyes of the world.

All you all can talk about is what the team wore when they arrive in Germany ?

Why not say "thank you god for bringing us this far"

You all need to inhale and let us all get together and enjoy football.

Come on folks......UNITY....let's enjoy the fu*king game man  :beermug:

:applause: :applause:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 09, 2006, 09:33:56 AM »
Big up yuhself. Clueless.

I said I know better than most because I DO know better than most how visible athletes on a big stage representing a country are.  I used to be one.  It has nothing to do with running fast, you imps.  Because you read it wrong doh make it out to be me being ignorant or arrogant.  Secondly, who said "YOU ALL" 3rd world people?  Did I take myself out of that equation? They represent ME so what my opinion of I want them to wear is valid, you haul your ass if you disagree. Are you identified as Trini more than me? Steups.

Stop tryin to start ishh. Disagree without getting on like an arse. Doh big up yuhself by being an internet gangsta.

It would not have killed them to dress a little and I said there are tons of reasons other than what you qut.  You know what, never mind - you right.  They should dress anyhow, they are only a national team in the WORLD CUP for the first time, and it doh put goals in the back of the net so who cares, right?  Brazil didn't - as you said, while using my reasons given as though they are illogical - like what Brazil wore should matter.

Yuh right boy, what does it matter on the surface - but that is a microcosm of why things are the way they are today.

Finally, stop being a complete fool by pretending that if you would like to see your team dress better on their first time in the WC that means you are nitpicking and "not being supportive" on this eve of the WC.  Doh tell me bout support and doh tell me bout patriotism, it is only giving me a good laugh.  I can cuss Stern for not scoring enough damn goals and loafing and still go to Germany and support him wholeheartedly.  Which I am doing.

I dunno who u think u is, telling me what I stand for.

We can continue this anywhere you want.  PM is available.

ato boldon you is ah joker ah kyat and hyprocrite and now with yuh post yuh skowing meh yuh is complete jack ass.You is a idiot boy ,you still come on here bumping yuh gum bout 'I know better than most'..you eh know sh!t,you cud come on dis site and voice yuh ignorant opinion bout my team dress code buh yuh eh say nuttin to anyone in the Trini camp yuh rubbin shoulders with dem all the time buh yuh cyar tell dem to dey face insted yuh come on here like ah little b!tch agreeing that 'the let you down badly'.You is a idiot boy and is not just me saying that is many and ah repeat many ah de players on the TnT team refer to you as a total jack ass,yuh wudden know dat because yuh hah yuh head stuck so far up yuh arrogant ass yuh cyar see nuttin becuz you 'think you know more than most'
Bighead ato,nobody eh interpret wah yuh write wrong, yes we alll know yuh USED to represent TnT on a big stage but that does not mean yuh know more than most  and that shows how ignorant and arrogant you are becauz you do not even know whom you are addressing when yuh post on dis site or are you just deciding that is a bunch of nobodies i'm writing this to and I must and do know better than dem.Boy ato you is a complete DUNCE living in the past and yuh feel yuh is some big shit check yuh self yuh doe fool me yuh might try and fool those that don't know more than you but that is a small minority ...you might represented TnT in running,a failure imo, but as far as an ambassador you have failed miserably becuz yuh don't represent the TnT people you represent yuhself is always and will always be bout yuh self after all 'you know more than most'............you are a hyprocrite and and joke !!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 11:11:07 AM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 09, 2006, 09:44:19 AM »

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 09, 2006, 09:54:23 AM »
damn !!

Ato vs Berris might be one for the history books.......

I vote we re-focus our attention on football
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 09, 2006, 03:40:35 PM »
MAN DEY LOOK CLASSY TUH ME  ;D
all dat is necessary is necessary

1]; } ?>