April 25, 2024, 10:04:39 PM

Author Topic: I have a huge problem with how the team was dressed on arrival  (Read 22047 times)

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFF and the managers of the team must take the blame for having our team show up in Germany in track suit.  We must have standards if we are to be taken seriously or take ourself seriously.  No way are the English or the Swedes or dare say the Paraguayans landing in Germany with track suit with cap on etc.  WE MUST HAVE STANDARDS.  GO WARRIORS!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
Re: I have a huge problem with how the team was dressed on arrival
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 09:29:39 AM »
oh gorsh people find the littlest things to complain about...........................

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 09:30:34 AM »
I wonder they knew the reception would have been so huge ?. you think ?
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 09:32:35 AM »
I feel real sorry fuh your chirren boy!!
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 09:35:00 AM »
I thought it was fine

when I saw the Iranian team come out in suit and tie tings look so serious...like dey goin some hardcore business meeting

even Beenie was wearing the adidas track suit

we looked fine...it reflected the personality...calm, easy-going yet focussed..everyone was smilin wide, the hosts and the players....if anything it break any initial ice

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2006, 09:35:52 AM »
TTFF and the managers of the team must take the blame for having our team show up in Germany in track suit.  We must have standards if we are to be taken seriously or take ourself seriously.  No way are the English or the Swedes or dare say the Paraguayans landing in Germany with track suit with cap on etc.  WE MUST HAVE STANDARDS.  GO WARRIORS!

At least they show up in team uniform and not short pants, vest and piper clarks on dey foot...steuppsss I don't know why you complaining about nah.

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2006, 09:36:17 AM »
It is not the littlest thing.  We must be professional and when you are a national team you are representing the country.  The Windies for instance have the team in coat and tie when they are travelling.  It is an atrocious breach of protocol to have man get off plane in track suit.  Take a look at how the other teams arriving.  We must take ourselves seriously and live up to the highest standards if we are to command the respect of others.

Offline FLi !

• Luck is recognising the opportunities when they arise
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2006, 09:39:32 AM »

At least they show up in team uniform and not short pants, vest and piper clarks on dey foot...steuppsss I don't know why you complaining about nah.

I understand PEG's point to a degree, but at least they were all wearing the official sponsor kit and ALL the guys were wearing the same thing. You'll don't remember the reception from bahrain how some men in short pants, some wearing the the white top, some wearing red, it was terrible and that was to meet the Prime Minister of the country. Brazil came out in their training kit also, so it's not really any scene.
Director of Waggonist Prosecutions (DWP)

Special Advisor to WN(UK)

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 09:39:42 AM »
We looked like a FOOTBALL team..............we aint Engkland or Italy who have fashion designers designing longe gear.....

I find it was cool, men does really fine the most iinsignificant thisngs to complain bout

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2006, 09:40:42 AM »
It is not the littlest thing.  We must be professional and when you are a national team you are representing the country.  The Windies for instance have the team in coat and tie when they are travelling.  It is an atrocious breach of protocol to have man get off plane in track suit.  Take a look at how the other teams arriving.  We must take ourselves seriously and live up to the highest standards if we are to command the respect of others.

take a drink and cool it nah man
here:  :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2006, 09:45:37 AM »
I actually agree with PEG. We needed to have suits and ties on. That is the kind of mentality we need to instill at all levels of the game. When I was in High school here in  the US, whenever we had a game we all had to wear jacket and ties and look business like. We have to instill that at all levels.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline tempo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2006, 09:49:44 AM »
Brazil, Sweden, and a few other teams have arrived in track suits. The guys looked like a football team. I would be interested, however, in seeing if they have suits for any evening functions they have to attend. That would require a suit. But in the scheme of things there are more important items to worry about.

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 09:51:36 AM »
And to think that people say that the English and others speak disparagingly about us.  It is for reasons like this.  Now I dont care one wit about the English what saddens me more is that apparently nobody sees anything wrong with showing up to greet mayor of city etc. and with worldwide press coverage with man in track suit.  You ever see anybody in the EPL do they interview post match in a track suit.  All Premiership teams have strict rules about a coat and tie and they representing a club.  Our team is representing a country and a region.  I would expect no less.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 09:53:57 AM »
It's this their job ?

PEG I agree with you.  The word professionalism comes to play.
Oh well.....minor

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2006, 09:56:17 AM »
And to think that people say that the English and others speak disparagingly about us.  It is for reasons like this.  Now I dont care one wit about the English what saddens me more is that apparently nobody sees anything wrong with showing up to greet mayor of city etc. and with worldwide press coverage with man in track suit.  You ever see anybody in the EPL do they interview post match in a track suit.  All Premiership teams have strict rules about a coat and tie and they representing a club.  Our team is representing a country and a region.  I would expect no less.

EVERY SINGLE WEEK

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 09:57:15 AM »
4 days before The Warriors Stride into history.. and people complaining about how they dressing....

... yuh think it easy
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 09:59:43 AM »

Peg man cool it padnah . Small ting man small ting. We go get de respect when we hit de field. ;)
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2006, 10:02:41 AM »

I understand your concern. You have somewhat of a point. Most teams arrived in shirt and tie or slacks and polo. Nevertheless, I believe that it would not affect the our overall performance. That is what matters most!

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline daryn

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2006, 10:03:58 AM »
some pics from 2005

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2006, 10:04:07 AM »

Relax PEG.  Worse things in the world have happened.  Do you have a valid point?  maybe.  Is it worth getting riled up about?  No.  Brazil also travelled in their official track suits, as did other nations.  What say you to that?

I think the issue is more one of uniformity than of formal (or casual) attire.  Once the team looks uniform, I do not believe there is reason for alarm.  It was a flight into Germany, not a dinner engagement.  

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 10:07:27 AM »
ent the fellas had some reception in the english high commissioner residence the other day??    from the pics superoli posted they wore dressy attire.  why they should dress up to go to a german town behind god back???

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 10:08:55 AM »
yeah some suits woulda looked official, but the track suits were fine as well. I don't think there's anything to worry about.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006, 10:09:58 AM »
It's called professionalism, it's called showing respect for your hosts and its called representing your country in a classy manner.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 10:11:36 AM »
We looked like a FOOTBALL team..............we aint Engkland or Italy who have fashion designers designing longe gear.....

I find it was cool, men does really fine the most iinsignificant thisngs to complain bout

exactly we looked like a football team.....we in germany to play football,  not to run a fashion show
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 10:15:15 AM »
It would have been nice if they had shown up in suits. However it is not a necessity.
We need to be on the far extreme when it come to professionalism cause people expecct the worst.
A recent college grad cannot go an interview in the same attire a man who in industry 30 years can.
Brazil can do the track suit thing cause they have shown that the laid back attitude does not affect their success.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 10:17:46 AM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 10:15:35 AM »
It's called professionalism, it's called showing respect for your hosts and its called representing your country in a classy manner.

The Brazillians arrived in there track suits same as the warriors...........anybody here think the Brazillians not gonna play professionally ??????

allyuh men not serious ......... WC in a few days and allyuh bored already..... talking bout this trivial matter
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2006, 10:20:06 AM »
Oh gorm allyuh doh beat up de man so nah...he just want we team to look de best

I agree is not a HUGE problem....but is kinda like when yuh was small and yuh mudder want you to look your very best regardless of the occasion and she eh really care what de odder chirren wearin despite yuh protest

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2006, 10:21:12 AM »
I understand where PEG coming from. My sis and bro has represneted T&T for swimming on a few occasions.Whenever they travelled, the uniform was a red blazer with the coat of arms, and they had to wear black pants with white shirts...  It is not only about looking professional, but you are representing the nation and should dress appropriately... Dat said, I had  no problem the way they were dressed.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2006, 10:22:22 AM »

Define classy- wearing a suit ? steupssss...some of the World's worst & most destructive people wear suits everyday. Class goes beyond a garment my friend. like I posted before, suits woulda been nice...but i don't think iz anything to worry about.

Besides, I think things are a little more flexible nowadays.....maybe back in the 60's all teams wore suits on arrival, but the Brazil pics are proof that that is no longer so. (unless you think that Brazil is disrespectful and unprofessional too)........

Liberate your mind a little bit......and you will realize it's probably not that big of an issue. If it were, trust me, the socawarriors would be wearing suits.... Traditional standards of "professionalism", especially when it comes to dress need not be set in stone....... and unless you were the old colonial who set the standard of professional gear back in the 1800's, your mindset shouldn't be so inflexible to such change.....unless you just like to complain and self-inflict high blood pressure......

If everyone thought so rigidly about the petty things, we'd still be living in the dark ages.....like Grande man said take a drink and cool it  :beermug: :beermug: just enjoy the ride.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2006, 10:27:19 AM by kicker »
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline paddy

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2006, 10:57:30 AM »
those guys aint gping to a business meeting - they are representing T&T. And they are showing they mean business !!!

Did you see Jimmy Cliff for the Jamaica - Eng match ? -- he was wearing the trini colurs !!

1]; } ?>