September 20, 2024, 07:02:46 PM

Author Topic: If You were the coach what would be your strategy against Sweden?  (Read 7166 times)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I think I would tell my players to come out blazing,don't get overexcited or nervous,just relax and be as confident on the ball as though it was yours,I obviously want my guys to score first.......but easier said than done............

Offline jaws

• DC/MD Warrior
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Arima massive!!
    • View Profile
Re: If You were the coach what would be your strategy against Sweden?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 02:02:15 PM »
Saga, i agree, but i hope Beenie could keep the younger ones not so nervous and in control!
Cuz even the veterans will have butterflies... Damn, i have dem an i eh no player.....

Big Ups....
"Greatness is not one big thing being done: it's all the small things being done well"

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 02:06:02 PM »
Best strategy is prayer :angel:  but at this time having any bit of faith is so important. They have trained, played and now is time to pray  :angel:

I want Leo to tell them to go out their and be the best they can be, don't budge but work for it because they deserve it

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 02:22:04 PM »
ONE WORD
COUNTERATTACK
or  TWO WORDS
COUNTER ATTACK :rotl

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 02:26:55 PM »
Defensive midfielders- Whitley & Birchall, probably man mark Ibrahimovic and Larsson, Samuel front mark Ljunberg, Edwards keep and eye AllBack as he would probably supporting Strikers, Defense cover and prepare to pickup the wall-pass...Counter though the middle, not wide and cross...through Yorke, Samuel then cuts to middle with Stern run wide but square of him...If space is created for Carlos, Yorke plays to flag, Carlos squares or cuts with ball...if they follow Stern, Samuel or Carlos takes to goal....Whitley  or Birchall and Yorke supporting.....Sell Iskarsson (Gkp) ah body, and let dem take it out the back demselves
 ;)

Very important...No wild tackle, near the area

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 02:30:59 PM »
pray then tell my players....."if deh wine on you,....wine back on dem" ;D :rotfl:

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 02:44:21 PM »
play all 23 men at the same time ah sure dey cyar beat we den ......
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 03:12:42 PM »
Against Sweden I think the best form of defense is to play our natural attacking futbol... Sweden likes to dictate the tempo, so if we dictate the game tempo they would not be nearly as effective... Their stikers good enough to have flashes of brilliance against the run of play, so u just goto mark them strong strong and take care of business on your end...

Against England a counterattacking approach may be best, as if u try to attack and get catch, england go kill u especially with rooney and owen in space.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 03:14:28 PM »
Saga, i agree, but i hope Beenie could keep the younger ones not so nervous and in control!
Cuz even the veterans will have butterflies... Damn, i have dem an i eh no player.....

Big Ups....

Horse we eh really have any young players on the team nah, except for Birchall.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

d_#1Trinba

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 03:23:20 PM »
the strategy is football u give the ball to soca, soca for football and that's a gooooaaaaaaaaal!!

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006, 03:38:57 PM »
For the 1st 20 minutes get EVERYONE behind the ball.

Weather the storm that will be coming at us at start of the game. This will inturn frustrate the opposition and they would be more prone to mistakes in an attempt to get that all important first goal.

After the first 20 minutes spaces will open up but don't be afraid to shoot from distance.

Most important is to go into half time without giving up a goal.

Repeat the process for the 1st 20 minutes of the 2nd half focusing only on counter attacking.

The last 20 minutes bring on Latas and move Yorke up front with Stern and go for the win.

Offline Benjie

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006, 05:21:57 PM »

Big Ups....

Horse we eh really have any young players on the team nah, except for Birchall.

e
so Jones, Samuel, Glen, Wolfe and Theobald are old fogies ok

TrinInfinite

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006, 06:35:10 PM »
attack and try to keep possession in the mid, de backline will have tuh juss simply defend, we need tuh run wit a defensive mid in de back 2 bring up the ball and hol possession

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006, 06:46:46 PM »
attack and try to keep possession in the mid, de backline will have tuh juss simply defend, we need tuh run wit a defensive mid in de back 2 bring up the ball and hol possession

TI ah like yuh strategy!    But me heart start beating aready!  Come Friday when that first game start ah go be shaking like a leaf.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2006, 06:50:29 PM »
win

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006, 07:17:20 PM »
I think I would tell my players to come out blazing,don't get overexcited or nervous,just relax and be as confident on the ball as though it was yours,I obviously want my guys to score first.......but easier said than done............
      I thought the topic was on strategy,is this a strategy for a team in the WC finals? i don't know i'm just asking,but i like this.

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2006, 07:33:49 PM »
i would put on a tape of arsenal   1 hour before de game.
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2006, 08:09:13 PM »
every time the ball come in our half fire it into the next half... i aint care who there just dont let it stay

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2006, 09:42:48 PM »
Teamwork. Mark yuh man effectively...maintain concentration, and work as a unit. When we have possesion, maintain support so we relieving pressure on the man with the ball. When we dont have the ball, all of us are defending. Whitley and Birchall go hadda handle ljumberg and larrson....and probably cyd or sancho hadda handle zlatan. Zlatan have buttons that could be pressed....so proceed with caution. Also he most dangerous with the ball.....hence dont let him get it. They eh gods......dey are men......and if all goes well......they will be beaten. The midfield is a integral factor of both teams....so neutralise their own....literally stopping their heart. Play with your heart, go out there and give yuh best.....and remember....if they dont score.....then we cant loose.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2006, 10:50:01 PM »
this  is a tough 1, i don't envy leo at all.  Tell them men loosen up nothing to lose, concentrate, do your best and maintain possession when we win it. if we just keep handing it back to them then it will be an extremely long 90 mins

i would go 442 and them 2 strikers have to work they tail off especially defensively. 
Drop off a bit invite them to build out the back 2 men force it wide allowing no switches, other 8 men get tight and be ready to step in hard and win the ball.
If the 2 strikers allow tha ball to switch-well then yeah we dead!
1st game 1st WC, i going into it looking to seal a draw, if somebody work a lil piece of magic and we score then icing on the cake
if we make a mistake sweden score then no panic we regroup and go again

On 2nd thought just do we best and hope the  big boss man upstairs on we side

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 01:54:20 AM »
I would not spend to much time on strategy talk with the players.
Only the keeper of sweden not too good try distance shots and make sure Stern is not alone.
someone needs to move in when all attention is to him & Dwight.
What else can you say ?
Watch out for Larsson he just made the difference on the Euro cup final ?
I would have them relaxed but sharp.
Give some good words before the game.
The nation the entire world is watching we need to do our best game ever.
Nothin else matters, we do what we have to do and we do it good.
We have to play HARD like the aussies, just HARD but also SMART.
We can't win it on football, need to win it on thoughness, teamwork & TnT spirit.

Further talk a lot of Trinislang, get Zlatan confused, make him think you talked about his wife,
Then just tell the referee you were talking about german food.. No ? not nice to do ? ...ok we won already, my hope for second rounds is on 2010 and 2014 the cup,go TNT .
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 02:11:11 AM by dutchman »
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 02:09:03 AM »
every time the ball come in our half fire it into the next half... i aint care who there just dont let it stay

I thought about that also, problem is that could become quite embarrasing and make concacaf look bad.
Good idea though if we're in the 85th minute at 0:0 ;)
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 04:43:26 AM »
i would tell them that this is a once in a life time opportunity and that the world is watching them so go out there and make themselves and their country proud,simple and sweet

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 12:52:50 PM »
Dont get caught ball watching keep focus and play your game

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 01:00:44 PM »
I see a man say play our usual attacking football :rotfl: :rotfl: since when we play that kind of football. We need to come out strong, try to attack them from the outset, score 2 and go in up at halftime then 10 men behind the ball for the 2nd half. Everytime i think about Sweden these days, i remember when they hit Bulgaria 5 and in that game, they just jumped out the gates and swamped the Bulgarians. I just hope Beenhakker shows the players that tape so they will expect them.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 01:02:10 PM »
i would scour the land far and wide for the best winer girls.  come game time i would have them parade up and down the touch line in carnival costumes (read: skimpy garments) and tell them to make come hither faces at the sweden players every time the ball go out of play.   true, our players might get distracted too but say what, the game bound to boost the ratings ;D

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 01:32:46 PM »
I think a good formation to go with would be 3-5-2, 5-4-1 or 4-5-1. The Sweds have good central defenders. However, they are big and very slow. Because of the speed, power and skills of Zlatan and Henrik Larsson put together, I would prefer to see them being man-marked (maybe sancho in there). Now the wingbacks have to come in play and here I think Silvio would have been effective because I was thinking of putting cyd gray as one of my man-markers.

If I went with the 5-4-1 formation, that is how we would be when we don't have the ball. When we do have the ball one of the man-markers would leave and enter as a defensive midfield position thus coming to a 5-3-2 formation. It have to be timely and the lads have to be very discipline. I don't know.....this is just my opinion.

Kingman
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 12:54:06 PM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 06:28:24 PM »
If we sit down and defend for the first 20 minutes we will be down 3-0 by the 19th...

Last time I saw Sweden play (against France) I remember how fast they played. We can't let them dictate the pace. I think the slow deliberate build up is the best thing to put them out of sorts, but we can't afford to give away the ball before the end of the attack...

This is more of a confidence thing than anything else. The guys have to realise that they belong on the same field. If we win the toss, we have to keep that ball for a good half a minute...10 + touches.

I like that manmarking thing. Birchall would have to take on Larsson because Ljunberg way too fast for him. Aurthis would have to handle Ljunberg but if Bleeder is his spot I'm not sure how effective that strategy will be.
Ibrahimovich tall no ass. To be honest you would expect Tallest to handle him more, but in the box I more prefer Dog to not give away a penalty then Tallest. That said, Tallest more at ease with the ball at his feet and not playing off an injury.

4 5 1 to start the game - could drift into a 4 4 2 on attack, Samuel would have to come off the wing and support Stern. I don't think the wide left cross in the box will work anyway with those harden defenders. Dwight will have to play more attacking than he usually does working in tandem with Carlos because  Birch will be more withdrawn than usual.

If I was a dutty fella I woulda appoint sumbody to work some mind games on ibrahimovich; if he take a red it won't hurt us, but we shouldn't count on the opponent to make the game easier fo us.

Stern have to put heself back in tracking back mode for this game - bother the Swedish buildup when they reach the half line in the middle of the field.

Avery could continue to come up the field, but rather than cross he need to work out a short pass thing with Samuel so he could SHOOT. I doubt he going to score, but Stern will be there to clean up any bobbles from the inexperienced keeper.

If Birchall decide to go up, the opportunity can't be wasted, Stern, Dwight Edwards and Samuels have to organise to tee him up for a bullet - if ever he have a chance to score, this will be it (unless calamity James replace Robinson for the England game). Whitley shouldn't be afraid to buss one if he come up as well. Stern would rarely get the space, but on a counter he could try one just outside the bow like against Panama.

For more conventional tactics, we need a triangle game going on between Samuels, Stern and Dwight after the (ground) feed from Carlos or Avery. The man best placed to shoot once in the box does so...and keep it low...

CYD have to cool he self...the worst thing could happen is we get a man send off before we settle...He need to pick up the trailing striker on attacks, avery usually does it well enough..

Jack needs to stay alert, both kallstrom and allback could buss it from far, other than the big names..

Oh yes - and enjoy theyself while they at it. Keep the chins up, and the shoulders straight, no cussing you teammates (only Jack allowed to do that), acknowledge good passes, apologise for wasted ones, run into space and be stern but sportsmanlike while you at it.

1.3 million people with allyou....

plus all the rest who back home  :devil:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 06:37:22 PM »
i would make the entire team look at the movie on Nelson mandela .... if one man can defy the odds in such a world changing manner then 11 can do it too ! Then order a good night sleep and let that soak in

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2006, 04:48:31 AM »
play Trnin to de bone ... den maximus figher ... tell dem tuh go out and attcak Sweden ... let dem know off de bat that dis team eh no push over ...
Snake in de balliser

1]; } ?>