June 16, 2024, 07:41:04 AM

Author Topic: Beenhakker says:  (Read 1600 times)

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Beenhakker says:
« on: June 08, 2006, 12:44:45 AM »
Trini players understand Leo's humor

After the match against st.Pauli

''The good news is we still haven't lost on German sole!, let's keep doing so'' ;D
Of course he first called all the players together and put on a very serious face..
source ( dutch)
http://www.ad.nl/wkvoetbal/groep_b/article386952.ece
futher a nice & good article by a dutchie living a long time in POS.
http://www.ad.nl/wk_lezerscorrespondenten/wk_correspondent_trinidad/article379921.ece

Beenhakker has always been the man with great oneliners. The cup with the big ears being to most famous one

« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 05:03:36 AM by Flex »
Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beenhakker says:
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 05:09:26 AM »
lovely pic

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 12:26:30 PM »
lovely pic

How dat comment sound suspect so, lovely....hmmm ???sounds like yuh wanna  :-*them

Offline redtrinigirl

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • A Trini In London
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 04:28:53 AM »
Ok, there are some grammatical errors, but you can still get the general gist of what the dutch guy living in POS said in his article:

Translation:

Women here are beautiful till very beautiful

by MARCEL VAN REEKEN

[readers contribution] Trinidad &Tobago, small island just above Venezuela, although it speaks almost not a  word of Spanish.  Yet one and a half million inhabitants, brimming oil and gas and at that related industry. 

Cricket is currently by far the number one-sport here, but is driven away from the spotlights by the reaching of the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS in Germany.  It is not just a small performance; it is phenomenal, and the fever here is comparable to the Netherlands in 1988 when we (oh yes, I am still Dutchman!)  became European champions. 

When Leo Beenhakker came here last year, with Wim twig mountain and Theo the Young, I was (and with my many ‘connoisseurs') convinced that it was a lynx mission.  T&T had played already a number of competitions and stood on the last place. 

Beenhakker & Partner.  A tremendous performance reached the limits with a sore number of players, with sore limited qualities.  It appeared yet again that football is a team sport.  All at once there stood an organization on the field, there was defending, not everybody walked to score at the same time to the other goal a target point. 

There stood an apology cut, strong with a reasonable technique.  They went on to win competitions and all at once it was almost as if they individually better could play football. 

‘Soca Warriors', as the footballers of the national team become named here, naturally referring to the local music style that comes from here.  All events here are closely interwoven with music and celebrations. 

There’s a lot of eating and much drunkeness, although it rarely degenerates into violence.  The whole crowd does not just stand to dance, but dance in marriage.  There you cannot help, as an often sober and somewhat wooden European, but only look on with amazement and, sometimes covetous, notwithstanding that. 

The women are here sometimes beautiful till very beautiful, combine that with a few sensual dance movements, and you can imagine the effect. 

Why do I say this all?  What does it have to do with football?  Does Trinidad have a chance at the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS?  One is almost convinced that T&T will get a cremation.  The ultimate pleasure will be a victory on England, one thinks that  is possible. 

Over the other two adversaries in the group, Sweden and Paraguay, little is spoken.  Yet you get worried as you work out that the T&T-keeper has to take on boys like Ljungberg, Larsson and Ibromovich, at the same time! 

No, I do not want it to happen, without being really pessimistic.  I think that the most optimistic thing for T&T is that the country can distinguish itself on the WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS through the accompanying music, calypso, soca piled up and pair that with the ongoing Carnival scenes. 

Also T&T must see this as a lesson.  The way that they have splashed is very hopeful for the future, they must after this WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS invest in a good coach, good facilities and then qualify themselves four years from now again.  In the Concacaf region T&T must come out on top.  Qualification is possible each time again. 

The largest profit for T&T is that they can promote Trinidad as the country of carnival, football-on-the-rise, sun and sea, tropical rain forest, music and sociability!  For that is it!  T&T has so much to offer, it is not enough to give a verbal description, you must experience it. 

I have been here almost twelve years and as a born Hagenees (Dutch) I can only say that I ever want to be buried or cremated here, I already hope that the good thing lasts!  Hopefully till the following briskly.  Greetings from Port or Spain

Attraction of the Mind gives Respect.
Attraction of the Heart gives Friendship.
Attraction of the Body gives Desire.

Attraction of all Three of them at once …
gives Love.

[

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 04:39:05 AM »
There’s a lot of eating and much drunkeness.. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:..i love dat i sure he does be in it to strong strong.
thanks for the translation redgirl..  women are here sometimes beautiful till very beautifu. like he meet u already  ;) ;) ;)
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

1]; } ?>