April 27, 2024, 11:16:23 PM

Author Topic: Trinidad and Tobago have to shoot  (Read 5390 times)

Offline statistics

• New Warrior
  • leave it on the floor
    • View Profile
Trinidad and Tobago have to shoot
« on: June 09, 2006, 12:07:31 PM »
I dont wanna be like a soar looser and say that costa rica lost becuase of the ball, but i believe torsten frings could not do that again or even 3 months ago with another ball. I am expecting goals such as his own to come in the dozens in this worl cup. All the talk from Lehman, Carlos and others seems to be tru and as many have seen today the ball takes a wicked spin and swerve.

Though it had some negatives for the ricans it was most positive for the germans, and this could be the case for many teams, lets hope Trinidad and Tobago would be on the positive side. shots from outside could be a decisive element of any game, and it looked as thouh the germans new this after seeing their average shots on goal, lets hope we can learn from this

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidad and Tobago have to shoot
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 12:15:46 PM »
I played wid that ball last Sunday in a match, it feels different it bounce of ya foot more and hangs in the air abit. if u know how to shoot wid it then boi, Ronaldinho go make mass  :whip: and hopefully Birchall too.

Offline Yellowman

• Jr. Warrior
  • Warrior 4 Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 12:18:19 PM »
Let dem fellas take nuff shots ..especially 'me mum'...
new ball + inexperienced swedish keeper= goals 4 T&T....do us proud my warrior breddren!!
Trinidad & Tobago in the 2006 World Cup Finals?...Impossible Is Nothing...

Offline statistics

• New Warrior
  • leave it on the floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2006, 12:25:45 PM »
ok i get ya point but dont BOTH teams play wid de same ball in de game :devil:
it is months now that ALL teams been practising wid game balls.

yeh i kno all teams d teams practice with it buh u kno when u get a accustomed to one thing and u like it it does b hard to change and dese fellas is professional ballers so a keeper who accustomed to judging he ball spin and swerve of a ball might find it difficult to judge this ball seeing how everybody sayin it dis an it dat nuh

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2006, 12:26:26 PM »
Two words...'Me Mum'

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2006, 12:29:38 PM »
Man, every WC dey talking about ball spin and how it dancing in de air bla bla bla.  I think once you reach the big stage dem players will adjust.  It is when the ball get a touch or deflection that will make it do all kinda crap.  So I think if de warriors that the shots when dey have to it boils down to skills and a bit of luck ;D
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2006, 12:32:25 PM »
sweden does not have thier #1 keeper...great advantage for us...WHEN we secure this game...2nd round here we come...

btw...ah call d obeah man...he say even though meh dream was 2 - 0...but with d keeperr gone....he say we looking good fuh ah 3rd....
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline statistics

• New Warrior
  • leave it on the floor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2006, 12:35:04 PM »
Man, every WC dey talking about ball spin and how it dancing in de air bla bla bla.  I think once you reach the big stage dem players will adjust.  It is when the ball get a touch or deflection that will make it do all kinda crap.  So I think if de warriors that the shots when dey have to it boils down to skills and a bit of luck ;D

daz tru, but torsten shot had no deflection or touch, u think he could score that again, or even score it at all without that ball

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2006, 12:38:19 PM »
other than me mum... i want to see latas and yorke strike that ball at goal... that go be sweet

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2006, 01:09:46 PM »
I use to think that all footballs were round, but that ball due to technology is supposed to be the most round ball ever.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2006, 01:31:46 PM »
other than me mum... i want to see latas and yorke strike that ball at goal... that go be sweet

That is the tactic!  Shoot "Me Mum" Shoot Latas Shoot Yorkie.  As soona s they get into the box, shoot low andoften.  Don't sky nothing over the bar.  Stern does that too often.  Ah think Kenwyne might do well with his shot as well Go Warriors go!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2006, 02:20:12 PM »
yea dis new ball is trouble it is even said & proven dat if u spit n shine one side of de ball like a fast bowler u wud  get in-swing & out-swing depends on which side u shine  ;D ah hope de fellas dem take note ah hear latas n some others dos be on de site  :rotfl:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2006, 02:28:03 PM »
yea dis new ball is trouble it is even said & proven dat if u spit n shine one side of de ball like a fast bowler u wud  get in-swing & out-swing depends on which side u shine  ;D ah hope de fellas dem take note ah hear latas n some others dos be on de site  :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: wayzzzzz i aint understand why dey does have new ball for WC without testing them for atleast a year in advance... anyhow it should make for some wicked goals dis tornament... quick Beenie, call Bennett King and ask him to explain genuine swing and reverse swing for you and den tell yuh boyz...

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2006, 02:28:18 PM »
Man, every WC dey talking about ball spin and how it dancing in de air bla bla bla.  I think once you reach the big stage dem players will adjust.  It is when the ball get a touch or deflection that will make it do all kinda crap.  So I think if de warriors that the shots when dey have to it boils down to skills and a bit of luck ;D

daz tru, but torsten shot had no deflection or touch, u think he could score that again, or even score it at all without that ball

True dat but as I said, torsten practiced with de ball and he adjusted to give a great strike.  I think he can't do it again, it is in the moment and the sweet spot on the ball and a lot of other factors (place in time and all that fun philosophy crap).  What is the real difference from de balls used in past WC's is when it gets deflected or takes an uneven bounce or something.  In de past when the ball got deflected you can see where it probably going to end up, whereas diz WC, de ball doing all kinda dancing.  The key for TNT is to take shots (I know de team is aware of the ball movements and all that)when the chance comes and in the off chance the ball takes a nic from someone or something it might move to our advantage (But the coin has 2 sides).
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2006, 05:14:37 PM »

we need to take all the chances that we have an capatialze on them, like how wanchope did today..

1]; } ?>