March 28, 2024, 08:14:22 PM

Author Topic: Warren Archibald tips T&T to win W/Cup.  (Read 14400 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Warren Archibald tips T&T to win W/Cup.
« on: June 08, 2006, 06:13:17 AM »
Warren Archibald tips T&T to win W/Cup.
By: Joel Bailey (TT Newsday).

Former Trinidad and Tobago midfielder Warren Archibald has tipped Trinidad and Tobago to win the FIFA World Cup in Germany.
"I am telling you, we are going to win the World Cup," Archibald emphasised yesterday at the Piarco International Airport, as members of the 1973 and 1989 national teams prepared to fly out on a chartered flight to Frankfurt, Germany.
"I hope they're not going there to play," Archibald noted, "we're going to win the World Cup."
He continued, "they have a ticket and they have a chance.
Referring to the 1973 team's controversial qualifying campaign in Haiti, for the 1974 World Cup in West Germany, Archibald commented, "it's just like us in '73 against Mexico (with TT winning 4-0).
"Nobody knew about us," he added. "So they could pull some surprises. I hope they do."
Archibald made his boast despite Trinidad and Tobago's trio of international defeats - 2-1 against Wales, 3-1 against Slovenia and 3-0 against Czech Republic.
"In soccer, you have to gel, you have to come together," he stated. "Speaking from a personal point of view, they came together at the right time.
"Regardless if they lost some or if they win some (warm-up matches), they came together at the right time," continued Archibald. "That's the main purpose, qualifying for the World Cup."
Members of the 1973 and 1989 teams were flown to Germany courtesy of a travel agency called Mykon Limited, who decided to honour the national squads who came within touching distances of the respective 1974 and 1990 World Cups.
"It's a great honour because we were not forgotten," Archibald said. "As a kid, I always looked forward to representing my country and my aim, in playing soccer, other than (playing) professionally, (was) going to the World Cup with Trinidad and Tobago.
"So, I think the accomplishment of the guys is the accomplishment in my heart, and I accomplished something too," he added. "More power to the guys and I wish them all the best." Archibald's teammate and another high-profile player, Everard "Gally" Cummings, was more modest in his opinion of the team.
"My expectations are (that) they would go and do Trinidad and Tobago proud," said the ex-TT striker. "It's no way that team could improve at this stage and if there's anyway they can improve is in the camaraderie and we want to say that we've finally qualified.
Cummings continued, "I just want to wish them all the best but I know that it's going to be very difficult because we're going up against world competition. And I don't think that we are at that level as yet."
Pertaining the gesture extended by Mykon, Cummings said, "to be quite honest, I don't feel I'm going as a spectator.
"I always felt a part of the team and whatever national team it had since I started as a national player, I feel connected to that team," he added. "I always looked at it as a connection. I feel I'm going there as a part of the team. So, I'll like to rule out being a spectator."
Cummings, who was also the coach of the 1989 Strike Squad, declared that it would be an emotional moment for him to witness TT's participation in Germany.
"I'm always reaching close and I want to feel that, (for) the 1973 team who really did qualify and were robbed, and the 1989 team who came close, I want to say on behalf of all those players, it's a job well done and I know that the fellas, the Soca Warriors, who is an extension of us, they're going to do their best and whatever their best is, we have to accept.
"And I want to just say thanks for Mykon and the business community for making it possible for us to go, because I know this was something the Football Association was supposed to do," he ended.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2006, 07:46:24 PM by Tallman »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Warren Archibald tips T&T to win W/Cup.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2006, 06:19:00 AM »
wELL boy Archie I wid you  :beermug:

Every pool it have I playing in twice...One is is the FAN pics and one is the other view...I looking to mek money!! So Archie I wid u homeboy...........if u say so it go be so ;D

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2006, 06:24:28 AM »

Archie say so then ah guess is so.
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2006, 06:27:22 AM »
allyuh could imagine d madness that would take place if t&t win d world cup? who say carnival in july :beermug:
d original WARRIOR PRINCESS. win or lose i am a FIGHTER.

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2006, 06:56:28 AM »
Archi wake up!!!! T&T have a good team but not enough horses to win the World Cup.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2006, 06:59:03 AM »
allyuh could imagine d madness that would take place if t&t win d world cup? who say carnival in july :beermug:
OH Lawdddd  Ah going home !!!!

Offline trinfax

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2006, 07:06:43 AM »
Man.. to hell with everything.. I is ah Trini so I wid Archie on this 1  :)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2006, 07:23:03 AM »
I believe I believe Praise god I believe Anything is possible in this life,yuh just to keep the head up high even in the jaws of defeat a comeback is possible,teams have prove it over the years we as warriors no different,so Sweden watchout we coming...............   

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2006, 07:52:56 AM »
Big up Archi ! gud tuh see dat man en fraid tuh talk out their dreams, daiz de spirit fadda. bless  :beermug:
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2006, 08:02:42 AM »
If we get on a run and end up in de quarter finals like Cameroon, dat go be like winning de world cup.

"TnT is one of de best 8 teams in de world!!"

;D

But too win de whole ting??!! Bwoy, allyuh sure Trinidad ready for dat kinda party?? 
 :rotfl:

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 08:12:56 AM »
I admire he optimism....and as one of TT most talented strikers he would know more dan me

Still  :-\

I cant help but wonder if the interview venue was  in ah place like Smokey & Bunty and dem fellahs was battin ah few rounds before de questions start
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Warrior Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 08:32:19 AM »
d man jus keepin a positive view anything is possible any any any thing is posibble through GOD and you know God is a Trini and them boys real prayin
T-&-T!  #1 one Team in The WORLDDDDDDD

Offline broko

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 08:41:21 AM »
I eh know wha Archie smokin, but say wha, i wit him too. By the way it would be nice if they all get together for a  picture of the '73 team, Strike Squad and present team. Dat would be a wicked wallpaper.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 12:15:05 PM »
spoken like ah true warrior archie,

i met people from Togo, Italy, Australia, Ghana ,Iran and all ah dem saying the same thing that their country winning d world cup, so who is we to dis sweet TNT before the kick off of the greatest footballing moment in the history of our lovely twin island. We beating everybody we come up against. Who vex lorse.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 12:34:48 PM »
If Laga say we winning it den it's ah dun deal!!! Daiz meh real horse, we winning dis ting

VIBES IT UP!!!! TRINI MASSIVE!!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 12:55:12 PM »
I'm an optimist but i also have to be a realist. That statement would be a dream come true but right now, it's only a dream because with the likes of Holland, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, Italy and the other 400 horse power engines there are out there, the trini corolla just nah make it. :rotfl: :rotfl:
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 01:13:33 PM »
On another note, if we win the cup, we sure to get a week home, the government might send everybody to Tobago for a two days in batches for a holiday. :beermug: :beermug: :rotfl: :rotfl:
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 02:04:53 PM »
Archie trying to live vicariously through Maradonna and Pele when it comes to shit talk or wha

Més que un club.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 02:18:34 PM »
Warren Archibald to kicker: T&T will win the World Cup

Kicker to Warren Archibald: Take me to your dealer.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 03:01:26 PM »
hmmm if we win it go have rel serious fete. non stop party in t&t. man eh go sleep.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 03:14:52 PM »
It take ah older head and ah ex-national to show true patriotism,something lacking amongst the younger heads.......................   

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 03:21:39 PM »
It take ah older head and ah ex-national to show true patriotism,something lacking amongst the younger heads.......................   
believe me. i'm a youngster and all my friends are really patriotic. we are really behind d team 200%.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 03:25:55 PM »
Luv de vibes ....Archie gih meh a pull in da ting we !!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 05:32:25 PM »
Archie brok them up with that one

One of my favorite strikers from when I get conscious about football

Yes Archie when we win the cup .Carnival will start from right there in Germany..Trini style

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 07:05:48 PM »
Archi wake up!!!! T&T have a good team but not enough horses to win the World Cup.

It may sound like ah joke tuh most people, but with Beenie yuh never know whats up, let's wait and see.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 07:32:27 PM »
Why MEN SO FRAID TO SUPPORT?  WHO CARES WHAT LONDON TIMES, BBC OR BRAZIL PAPAER OFR FANS THINK!  WE FREE TO SAY WHAT WE LIKE AND BE OPTIMISTIC TO THE POINT OF IDIOCY.  THAT IS A TRUE FAN!  BECAUSE EVEN WHAT SEEMS LIKE IDIOTIC STATEMENTS CAN COME THROUGH.  ARCHIE SAY WE GO WIN THE WC; BRIAN ROBSON THINK ENGLAND GO WIN, PELE THINK BRAZIL GO WIN; AND ONLY ONE AH WE GO WIN. WE THERE AND WE HAVE A CHANCE LIKE EVRY BODY ELSE.  SHOUT IT OUT! GO WARRIORS!  WHATEVER HAPPEN, HAPPEN!  AT LEAST WE ARE ONE OF ONLY 32 THAT CAN WIN! VENEZUELA CAN'T SAY THAT; COLUMBIA CAN'T SAY THAT; CANADA CAN'T SAY THAT; SCOTLAND CAN'T SAY THAT; TURKEY CAN'T SAY THAT!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 08:34:58 PM »
Why MEN SO FRAID TO SUPPORT?  WHO CARES WHAT LONDON TIMES, BBC OR BRAZIL PAPAER OFR FANS THINK!  WE FREE TO SAY WHAT WE LIKE AND BE OPTIMISTIC TO THE POINT OF IDIOCY.  THAT IS A TRUE FAN!  BECAUSE EVEN WHAT SEEMS LIKE IDIOTIC STATEMENTS CAN COME THROUGH.  ARCHIE SAY WE GO WIN THE WC; BRIAN ROBSON THINK ENGLAND GO WIN, PELE THINK BRAZIL GO WIN; AND ONLY ONE AH WE GO WIN. WE THERE AND WE HAVE A CHANCE LIKE EVRY BODY ELSE.  SHOUT IT OUT! GO WARRIORS!  WHATEVER HAPPEN, HAPPEN!  AT LEAST WE ARE ONE OF ONLY 32 THAT CAN WIN! VENEZUELA CAN'T SAY THAT; COLUMBIA CAN'T SAY THAT; CANADA CAN'T SAY THAT; SCOTLAND CAN'T SAY THAT; TURKEY CAN'T SAY THAT!

well said !!!!
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2006, 05:58:59 AM »

i totally agree with you. we are entitled to have faith man.
it's hope that keeps us movin on.

Offline leon

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2006, 04:22:47 PM »
This fella who tip TNT to win the WC...
He have a bright future.....In Comedy :rotfl: :rotfl:

1]; } ?>