April 24, 2024, 01:01:27 PM

Author Topic: Come Saturday  (Read 6617 times)

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Come Saturday
« on: June 07, 2006, 03:49:21 PM »
Fellas. No shame here but come Saturday morning before the game start I might have a few tears in my eye.

It will be tears of accomplishment and knowing how far we have come. With no disrespect to Ato, Hasley or Brian never have so few carried the T&T flame before the World and represented the dreams and aspirations of our nation than ever before than those eleven men on Saturday.

This team us.

Latapy grew up in Mrovant/Lavantile. Anyone headed over the Lady Young from Morvant Junction to St. Anns can see that in this area it is soooo easy to go down the wrong path.Yet a superstar was born and bred in that area.

Yorke catch crabs in Tobago in a place people dive past without even noticing.

This team is filled with people who grew up in Malick, Morvant and Lavantile. Fete in Arima and lime in Tunapuna.  They played as boys for CIC, QRC, St. Augustine,Sando Tech, Arima Senior Compre, San Juan Sec. Presentation College and Signal Hil. Who in T&T during the 1980's and listening to intercol didn't hear the names of Latapy at Sando tech and Yorke playing for Signal Hill with Shaka playing for the hated CIC.

Men on this team played and still play for Jabloteh, W Connection and Defense Force. Never in my life time would I every imagine someone playing for San Juan Jabloteh would ever mark someone playing for Juventus.

I think about all those who gave there blood, sweat and lives for T&T football. I think about my first generation of heroes in Clayton Morris, Brian Williams, Marvin Faustin, Leonson Lewis and the other many talented men that heard our national anthem play in far away countries in front of hostile crowds. I think of the men far from home and the only ones in whatever league they played in from Trinidad who are always fighting for that call up to the national side and doing there country proud.

And finally I think Richard Theodore and  Marvin Lee one of T&T's up and comers whose tragic accident while playing for our country lead to his death.

Win, loose or draw I don't care. This is my team. They are you and me and I could not be happier.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline Trini in FL

• New Warrior
  • Small Country BIG Passion!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Come Saturday
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 05:02:58 PM »
Well said Marc....gawd ah cant wait for saturay!!!!!! ;D

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 05:22:44 PM »
Ah second that Marc.....win, lose or draw......socawarrior forever

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 05:47:10 PM »
yuh make meh tear up dey Marc...

"Never in my life time would I every imagine someone playing for San Juan Jabloteh would ever mark someone playing for Juventus."

All I can say is:  We Reach !!!!
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 05:48:58 PM by trinbago »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline lp

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 07:18:43 PM »
You waiting for Saturday to tear up........ tears done welling up in my eyes just by reading that. Lord have mercy.

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 08:05:13 PM »
You waiting for Saturday to tear up........ tears done welling up in my eyes just by reading that. Lord have mercy.
me too ``` 0```
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2006, 08:14:56 PM »
only 61hrs and 50 mins to go!!!

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2006, 09:09:53 PM »
M P, I have been a fan of this site since the days when you ran things on the old site. Dah was some flecking potent poetry dat yuh jus' ress dong there dread!  Ah felt dah one. Serious! Meh pores raise.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2006, 09:14:22 PM »
marc  :thumbsup:
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Warrior Prince

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2006, 09:34:14 PM »
well said marc but i gettin problems to sleep since monday oh god saturday taking long to come wey
T-&-T!  #1 one Team in The WORLDDDDDDD

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 07:45:30 AM »
yes is rel vibes.....

Offline whistler91

• Full Warrior
  • Love, Respect, Honor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 07:48:27 AM »
here here!!  :beermug: :beermug:
“There is no force like success, and that is why the individual makes all effort to surround himself throughout life with the evidence of it; as of the individual, so should it be of the nation.”

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 08:08:02 AM »
ah dunno bout allyuh, but i cryin already....
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 08:13:52 AM »
ah dunno bout allyuh, but i cryin already....

You bounce yuh knee on yuh desk aagain?
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline believer

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 08:18:37 AM »
tears in my eye as i read. i remember all that came before and i look forward to all that is yet to be. add to the list micky trotman. i still remeber him launching a rocket into a defender from eldo and knocking him out in the velodrome.
ah cyah wait

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 08:19:08 AM »
Nah he hit he little toe :rotfl: :beermug: :'(
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 08:22:25 AM »
i eh lying this is de longest week ah meh life like Saturday taking a month to come ....ah cyar wait ah cyar waaaaaaaaaaaaaaait .....BRING ON SWEDEN...
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 08:24:00 AM »
Is mickey he talk bout,remember d time he bust d spanner and  d man fall down and he score  :rotfl:,and
ppl start jumping and d seats fall down.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 08:28:08 AM by Compre »

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 08:30:02 AM »
tears in my eye as i read. i remember all that came before and i look forward to all that is yet to be. add to the list micky trotman. i still remeber him launching a rocket into a defender from eldo and knocking him out in the velodrome.
ah cyah wait

My bad.I forgot about Micky Trotman and how his ghost was on the field when T&T played Honduras in 2001 in a game that knock them :angel: out of WC qualifying.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 08:35:15 AM »
saturday comin. i cyah wait... allyuh it now really soakin in. TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO in the WORLD CUP. dreams really do come true ;D
d original WARRIOR PRINCESS. win or lose i am a FIGHTER.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 08:42:51 AM »
Fellas. No shame here but come Saturday morning before the game start I might have a few tears in my eye.

It will be tears of accomplishment and knowing how far we have come. With no disrespect to Ato, Hasley or Brian never have so few carried the T&T flame before the World and represented the dreams and aspirations of our nation than ever before than those eleven men on Saturday.

This team us.

Latapy grew up in Mrovant/Lavantile. Anyone headed over the Lady Young from Morvant Junction to St. Anns can see that in this area it is soooo easy to go down the wrong path.Yet a superstar was born and bred in that area.

Yorke catch crabs in Tobago in a place people dive past without even noticing.

This team is filled with people who grew up in Malick, Morvant and Lavantile. Fete in Arima and lime in Tunapuna.  They played as boys for CIC, QRC, St. Augustine,Sando Tech, Arima Senior Compre, San Juan Sec. Presentation College and Signal Hil. Who in T&T during the 1980's and listening to intercol didn't hear the names of Latapy at Sando tech and Yorke playing for Signal Hill with Shaka playing for the hated CIC.

Men on this team played and still play for Jabloteh, W Connection and Defense Force. Never in my life time would I every imagine someone playing for San Juan Jabloteh would ever mark someone playing for Juventus.

I think about all those who gave there blood, sweat and lives for T&T football. I think about my first generation of heroes in Clayton Morris, Brian Williams, Marvin Faustin, Leonson Lewis and the other many talented men that heard our national anthem play in far away countries in front of hostile crowds. I think of the men far from home and the only ones in whatever league they played in from Trinidad who are always fighting for that call up to the national side and doing there country proud.

And finally I think Richard Theodore and  Marvin Lee one of T&T's up and comers whose tragic accident while playing for our country lead to his death.

Win, loose or draw I don't care. This is my team. They are you and me and I could not be happier.

I feel yuh on this one breds, as part of the 80's era I must say there were great players, watching the under 20 squad with Latas, Rocke, Faustin, Shaka those were the days, Strike squad and list goes on. Football is so deeply part of who I am, seeing us in Germany brings a feeling of, "JOB WELL DONE". Seeing Dwight Line up and shaking hands with PAVEL NEDVED was unheard of a year ago and here we are about to take on the best players on the planet. HATS OFF TO YOU MY SOCA WARRIORS!

From the 23rd psalm that seems to apply;
 "YEA DO I WALK THROUGH THE VALLEY AND THE SHADOW OF DEATH, I WILL FEAR NO EVIL"

GO WARRIORS GO

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 08:44:40 AM »
Nah he hit he little toe :rotfl: :beermug: :'(

who u calling he....schups...
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 08:48:25 AM »
Yes brethren, win lose or draw...dat doh matter.  What we all should be proud of is that the SocaWarriors...our very own roots people made it to the football world of fame...as I always say to my students...fame, fortune and favor comes to those who have a focus.  Saturday will come and it will go...what we must remember is the resolve of a tiny nation to annouce itself to the world...we eh fraid nobody! T&T has proved itself on the world stage in almost every category of sport and other disciplines.  We must know too that anything could happen on Saturday...my colleague and friend (a Dutchman) said that the ball is always round. :) :) :) :)

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 08:58:09 AM »
Warriors , you have inspired us all to reach new heights, and for that we salute you

:salute:
Warrior For Life !!

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 09:09:33 AM »
Marc  ah love de comments and would just like to add that LATAPY went
Tranquil at some point in time which is where he started the magic.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 09:31:32 AM »
Your country is like your family. No matter what happens at the end of the day your family is still family. My country is MY Country and I will wear the red,white and black proudly.

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
The excitement
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 09:34:49 AM »
Folks i have never been excited for such a tournament since St. Benedicts had such a bum squad for the 99-00 intercol.
I reached on work, left home normal as ever(late). I signed the 8th and immediately a burst of joy hit me, i started yappng to my fellow workers, "Do you know what today is?" The immediately recoginzed the reason for my excitment and responded tirelessly, "yes we know."

Less than 24 hours to kick off, just 2 days till Trinidad and Tobago joins our fellow Caribbean Nation, Jamaica on that prestigous list.

The excitment is almost beyond control, every minute ah eating something, ah want tuh 'pee' constantly and drinking ah set ah water, ah cyar settle down tuh do de government work yet. Ah constantly shifting between floors

Alyuh ah need help, oh gorm help meh !!!

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: The excitement
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 09:40:45 AM »
Folks i have never been excited for such a tournament since St. Benedicts had such a bum squad for the 99-00 intercol.
I reached on work, left home normal as ever(late). I signed the 8th and immediately a burst of joy hit me, i started yappng to my fellow workers, "Do you know what today is?" The immediately recoginzed the reason for my excitment and responded tirelessly, "yes we know."

Less than 24 hours to kick off, just 2 days till Trinidad and Tobago joins our fellow Caribbean Nation, Jamaica on that prestigous list.

The excitment is almost beyond control, every minute ah eating something, ah want tuh 'pee' constantly and drinking ah set ah water, ah cyar settle down tuh do de government work yet. Ah constantly shifting between floors

Alyuh ah need help, oh gorm help meh !!!

:beermug: :beermug: :beermug: here
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Pasdah Beatz

• Spiritual Seal
  • Hero Warrior
  • I was born to die as a SoCa WaRrIoR
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 09:41:03 AM »
Marc we all echo your plight

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
Re: The excitement
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 09:41:34 AM »
For the past week I have done nothing but read this forum and talk crap with everyone.  I done gone through, everyone in the office complaining that dey pc broken and it not working but they can't fine me.  Ah done tell them that for de next month try to go to the helpdesk for help.  I am unavailable :rotfl: :rotfl:

Long live Warrior football
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

1]; } ?>