April 18, 2024, 08:07:22 AM

Author Topic: Birchall could be middle man  (Read 6953 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Birchall could be middle man
« on: June 02, 2006, 07:49:47 AM »
Birchall could be middle man
The Sentinel

May 30, 2006

Port Vale manager Martin Foyle says Chris Birchall's World Cup performances could signal a change of position for the youngster next season. Birchall plays right wing for the Valiants, but has played in central midfield for his country since he was called up by their former Real Madrid coach Leo Beenhakker last May.

He looks certain to be in Trinidad's starting line-up when they open their Group B campaign against Sweden in Dortmund on June 10.

Foyle plans to use Birchall on the right next season, but says he will be watching with interest to see if the 21-year-old could give him another midfield option in case of injuries.

Foyle said: "It's something I need to look at. If Leo Beenhakker thinks that way then I have to listen to a Real Madrid and Ajax coach.

"But it is a different set-up for them, and I think for Trinidad Chris is in there doing a lot of Dwight Yorke's running.

"Chris has brought tapes of his games back and the pace is a lot slower, but it won't be in the World Cup.

But all the players here have to be versatile. For example across the back four our defenders can play in different positions. Our front men are prepared to play in any position, and that is what we want."

Birchall, from Stafford, says he enjoys playing in central midfield for his country. However, he agrees with Foyle that his best position is out wide in League One, where the pace of the game is faster.

The youngster will continue his preparations for the World Cup tomorrow when Trinidad are away to Slovenia. They then take on the Czech Republic on Saturday in their last friendly before the finals.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline jaws

• DC/MD Warrior
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Arima massive!!
    • View Profile
Re: Birchall could be middle man
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 07:53:54 AM »
it's all about THE NEXT MAN UP!!!
i hope that everyone else feed off of Birchy's intensity, drive and mentality....
Onward Soca Warriors to Round 2
BELIEVE!!! :beermug: :beermug:
"Greatness is not one big thing being done: it's all the small things being done well"

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 07:56:35 AM »
They need to give Brichie more opportunities to score, stern would be wrapped up like a market crab by our opponents and we must seek goals from outside, which means Latas, Whitley Yorke and Birchie have to let fly at every opportunity

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 07:59:29 AM »
This man real late.  Since last year I wondering why Birchall still playing on the right side for Port Vale when he is doing so well for the Warriors in the defensive center midfield. 

Have a look gaffer. 

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 08:00:08 AM »
Interesting Martin Foyle said  the pace of the game is in league one  faster.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Pez

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 08:14:20 AM »

It is but not much faster.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 11:22:36 AM »

what's your point?
Hart for president

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2006, 05:13:59 PM »
birchy doh have de speed to play wing
he have a decent cross
but he first touch not gud enough and he is to much of a dog fighter to not have in middle

Offline triniairman

• Hero Warrior
  • ah doh puh water in meh mouth to talk
    • View Profile
Vale confident of star staying
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2006, 08:47:53 PM »
By David Levene | Monday 05th JunePrint this pageEmail page

Team links:
Trinidad and Tobago
Port Vale
Player links:
Chris Birchall
Despite Chris Birchall having just 12 months remaining on his current deal and representing Trinidad & Tobago in the World Cup, Port Vale chairman Bill Bratt believes that fans will see Birchall at Vale Park next season.

Bratt told The Stoke Sentinel that the club do not want to see him leave, although he is fully aware some stellar showings in Germany could put him in the shop window.

"Chris says he doesn't want to leave Port Vale and that is great," said Bratt. "As far as we are concerned, he is a Port Vale player and we haven't thought about a value for him."

However, the Port Vale chief does realise that things could change.

"He doesnt really want to leave, but these things have a habit of changing," he continued. "I could see that if a big club came in for him then he would want to go."

Birchall impressed by scoring in the first leg of the World Cup play-off, but was forced to sit out most of the second leg, with a leg injury preventing him from playing

Included by Leo Beenhakker  in the 23-man squad, Birchall was the first white player to represent the islands when he made his debut last year.

Despite growing up in Staffordshire, his mother was born there and Jack Warner, vice-president to Fifa, and special adviser to Trinidad & Tobago helped him to obtain a passport.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
Re: Vale confident of star staying
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2006, 04:35:12 AM »
By David Levene | Monday 05th JunePrint this pageEmail page

Team links:
Trinidad and Tobago
Port Vale
Player links:
Chris Birchall
Despite Chris Birchall having just 12 months remaining on his current deal and representing Trinidad & Tobago in the World Cup, Port Vale chairman Bill Bratt believes that fans will see Birchall at Vale Park next season.

Bratt told The Stoke Sentinel that the club do not want to see him leave, although he is fully aware some stellar showings in Germany could put him in the shop window.

"Chris says he doesn't want to leave Port Vale and that is great," said Bratt. "As far as we are concerned, he is a Port Vale player and we haven't thought about a value for him."

However, the Port Vale chief does realise that things could change.

"He doesnt really want to leave, but these things have a habit of changing," he continued. "I could see that if a big club came in for him then he would want to go."

Birchall impressed by scoring in the first leg of the World Cup play-off, but was forced to sit out most of the second leg, with a leg injury preventing him from playing

Included by Leo Beenhakker  in the 23-man squad, Birchall was the first white player to represent the islands when he made his debut last year.

Despite growing up in Staffordshire, his mother was born there and Jack Warner, vice-president to Fifa, and special adviser to Trinidad & Tobago helped him to obtain a passport.

I believe this was already posted...
BTW...staffordshire is not where pitbull come from?  :o
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2006, 11:16:44 AM »
Staffordshire is a county thats where birchall was born.   He was born in Stafford.
THERES ONLY ONE CHRIS BIRCHALL

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2006, 11:25:11 AM »
nice great details and some great pics  keep it up   u got msn ??

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2006, 11:27:12 AM »
Birchall does nothing than give you 100% when he plays and you are slating him    hes chosen your country over his own  so be grateful  without him you would not be in the World cup     Leave him aLone   hes one of your best players

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2006, 11:27:28 AM »
pm me

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006, 11:35:37 AM »
Birchall does nothing than give you 100% when he plays and you are slating him    hes chosen your country over his own  so be grateful  without him you would not be in the World cup     Leave him aLone   hes one of your best players

He was just saying that Birchall's more suited for the centre position as opposed to the right.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2006, 11:40:10 AM »
calm down. no body hatin on "me mum". we all love him here and greatly appreciate his contribution to d team.
d original WARRIOR PRINCESS. win or lose i am a FIGHTER.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2006, 12:43:28 PM »
as the yanks say

"money talks, bullshit walks"

we'll see in july/august.

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2006, 01:13:28 PM »

Like Birchie is yuh man ah what....well let meh call him "me mum" cause Birchie might be yuh own special name fuh him ent ;)

Doh worry we raising he value....transfer money go provide good living fuh allyuh :devil:

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2006, 01:17:00 PM »
When i look at Birchall, he reminds me of Gattuso for Italy and Milan but less intense. He also has a better shot than Gattuso but Gattuso outweighs him in everything else.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2006, 01:46:55 PM »
With a little special attention Birchall could be his idol Steven Gerard.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2006, 01:53:43 PM »

This poster's name is probably a literal description of who she is.......no worries girl.....Birchall is already a legend in Trinidad....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2006, 01:56:04 PM »

Girl...you real defensive when it comes to dis man oui? I just hope you ent stalking him... :o
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2006, 03:15:06 PM »
i find like she all up on "me mum" 4 real. dat could be a problem with a lot of trini girls ;)

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2006, 03:55:38 PM »
im not birchalls gf  people im his nymber one fan lol his real gf is very nice and hope she behind him 100%  like we are ,,  ive met birchall many a times and have pictures taken with him and his autograph and i also have a shirt he wore and signed for me that i won ,,  Good Luck in germany   and Well see Chris back at Vale Park in August x

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2006, 03:56:36 PM »
im not birchalls gf  people im his nymber one fan lol his real gf is very nice and hope she behind him 100%  like we are ,,  ive met birchall many a times and have pictures taken with him and his autograph and i also have a shirt he wore and signed for me that i won ,,  Good Luck in germany   and Well see Chris back at Vale Park in August x

When yuh say "real" girlfriend, yuh talking bout de English one, or de Trini one?  :devil:
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 03:59:03 PM »
his english one Claire   shes real nice i doubt he would cheat on her

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2006, 04:02:24 PM »
his english one Claire   shes real nice i doubt he would cheat on her

lol Scene.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2006, 04:31:47 PM »

When yuh say "real" girlfriend, yuh talking bout de English one, or de Trini one?  :devil:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: watch how allyuh tryin 2 buss d boy files :rotfl: :rotfl: lol

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2006, 04:33:28 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: watch how allyuh tryin 2 buss d boy files :rotfl: :rotfl: lol

Horse, dem files buss looong time. Yuh tink it easy! lol
www.westindiantube.com

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2006, 04:39:14 PM »
4 real. i saw d pic ;). "me mum" trini 2 d bone yes :rotfl:

1]; } ?>