June 16, 2024, 01:58:29 AM

Author Topic: BAgs packed, ah flying out in de morning!  (Read 19397 times)

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: God Bless our Nation....My Farewell Post
« Reply #60 on: June 06, 2006, 06:07:09 PM »
Side by side we stand.....sounds familiar???....well it should....side by side we stand.....

The magicians are off to germany......This has been a lifelong dream for me and I watched my son over the last 8 yrs become equally obsessed with this "holy grail"....

So now we are there...in de cup....finally......we pray we have a safe and good time...for all of us and the tnt fans.the team ,the staff...everbody....we look forward to this wonderful spectacle of the beautiful game..." joga bonita"

Now this is my only wish for the forum members, T&T fans worldwide and anyone who loves the red white and black........

I beg you...I BEG you...please lets not play the "BLAME GAME"......please....lets not play the "BLAME GAME"......by this I mean....lets face it......unless we win the cup...that means we will be knocked out at some time...right ???...99% of goals scored against your team ..came from some mistake or combination of mistakes.....and some T&T player or players are going to make them...thats a fact....be it a missed goal or a poor defence.....coach tatics....the works,,,,.......so while we analise and critizise...please spare a thought for the boys in red white and black......they have prepared long and hard for this ...some for a very long time.......believe me...no player is going out there to purposely make a mistake to cost the country....they are all going to try the best for us.....but remember...somebody will make a mistake....some costly....some not costly.......and dont pretend you dont see it at barca,man utd, real ,brazil...and all the rest....some coaches even remark..." well we were near perfect today "....its never perfect.....we ask the boys to give the best.....and i tell you thats what they going to do....the results will take care of its self.....please let it not be a escobar situation( even that would never happen in tnt)...think , baggio, pearce, ect ect....thats the game.....we can talk about it for years...but to hold it against players ...well....remember as fans this is our first world cup...and by judging from some reactions to the preparation matches....well a lot of you will get cut from the " fan squad"....you must be ready for this...just like the players

This is a great acheivement....history....more history to come on sat....remember the grind to get there...remember the love......well guess what....the qualification matches are all world cup...this is the final stage...so we still in it....we just had a break to play some warm up games........no points lost....remember the gold cup....how much panic that caused......well here we go again.....now its time....time to stand up....stand up tnt....stand tuh f#ck up.....your time has come....let the warriors go into battle...let them know we are there always......not waiting for the mistakes...just to show how much you know bout the game....come on....lets stick together on this....f#ck realism....lets dream.....its free....wake me up when there are no more points to play for...or we out the knockout stage....i will dream forever for T&T.....thats my BLOOD....and thats the blood of the boys we will not BLAME forever......stand up T&T....side by side we stand......God bless T&T..

Thanks to all forum members for making this last few years special....i could have never believed there were so many madmen like me out there....thinking T&T could get to the world cup.....well...there we go.....

SMALL AXE...CUTTING DOWN BIG TREE...LITTLE GIANTS

Nice post pops

Yeh fellaz we out 2moro.... going to experience my first World Cup(Hope there's many more to come)

I am very proud to be going to the cup to watch my team play

and i would like to thank the forum also for helping the situation of fan life in T&T..... I have no idea what i would have done without allyuh

So... at 10:35 german time on the 8th june 2006 I Small Magician would have reached the Promise land

I will give often reports from germany

I out fellaz.....Enjoy this World Cup....  To all the long time posters and true fans  rejoice as we have been through all kind of situations....   not just a 1-1 against Bahrain(that 1 for d waggon men) ;D

God Bless T&T

SM

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
My travel log
« Reply #61 on: June 06, 2006, 06:16:00 PM »
Hello to all my fellow forumite from which ever lonely computer screen you may be.

I'm starting a travel log and I thought I might as well share, for those who are interested in the read. Hopefully this can help me unwind and collect my many meandering thoughts as I trudge my way on the slightly rough, unfamiliar road to World Cup glory in the name of the Trinity hills.

I hope you are all faring well, I on the other hand am having quite a hard one here in the old English isle. It has certainly been a steady intrigue.

Well, having slept 5 hours the night before, I set off for my 6 30 flight from Piarco, Trinidad to Heathrow, England. Leaving home at 3 we got there at 4 o clock sharp ("we" being my father and I)---(yes I have dragged him into this madness) We were a few minutes late and arrived at St.Lucia to pick up the main crowd. Soon every seat was taken by the troops of the old Bar-my army, most covered in English colours. A Michael Owen shirt being brandished occasionally with a cheeky smile to be next brandished almost mockingly as I sat there with my own #19 T&T shirt.

I was put next to a pleasant English woman who obviously meant well however was painfully boring and insufferably talkative (she actually reminded me of one of those large, deadly Komodo Dragons you would occasionally see Steve Erwin tangoing with on the National Geographic channel)---(she certainly had the breath to go along with it)

Behind me, was seated alittle girl about 5 I would presume... she cried and screamed and wailed for about 3 of the 10 hours. The lady next to me talked for at least 5 of those 10 hours before passing out from what I thought must have been a heart act from shortness of breath after lambassing me with what must have been enough breath to keep an old man on a ventalator for at least a day or two. ( I of course at that point was thrilled at the hours of silence to come)

However then the baby started wailing and I had no hope of sleeping and I was livid despite the fact I already knew I probably wouldn't have gotten to sleep anyway. Oh well.

On arrival to Heathrow, light was creeping through my window and I couldn't help but feel a wave of optimism bowl me over. Joy seething threw me, relief warming my weary heart, enthusiasm brewing within me.

As you can imagine we hurried off the flight. My father collected a fast lane pass from a flight attendant as we exited. (My mother was a BWIA flight attendant for 25 years so she organized this momentous ease up) As we rushed through to the immigration line guess who we pulled up just behind in the fast lane.

T&T's former Priminister, Basdeo Panday. As you could imagine my father and I had a right laugh. How funny. From behind bars to behind the stars.

Well. We got through to the lugage carousels and sure enough there again he was right beside us this time... we had gone down a little further to give him a little bad talk as we were also eager to get our bags quickly and leave (I had been up for 40 hours at this point having not slept two nights in a row and my father couldn't have been too different)

Well. We noticed "The Old Baz" (what we now almost affectionately refereed to him as) was having a good bit of trouble with his 6 very large bags.

Seeing as we knew he had health problems and no matter what he was PM of the country we so loved. We flew into action.

We took 5 of his 6 bags off the Turnstile. He smiled at us heartily and thanked us graciously and we exchanged goodlucks and that was it. Really funny how things turn out. One minute your cursing him behind his back, the other your helping him take his bags off a turnstile) (laughing to myself here)

I lugged my two heavy bags and my particularly heavy pan case out to the car where my kind but throughly confused aunt came out to greet us. (We were both extremely tired)

The drive home was pleasant and I noticed that despite the fact that quite a few cars had england flags on it... In Trinidad I would say you would see a car with flags every 5-10 cars that would pass you) So that little feeling of Unity gave me Little bit more strength to push on and not to fall asleep grimly while on the way to the house while we still had to take all the million and one things out and unpack. (sigh)

It was quite hard really... In the end I had been up for 50 hours having not slept in two days strait.... but after 17 hours of sleep I was ready to go again. We went out for an exercises and the weather was perfect... In full tracksuits with nothing but an under vest on underneath we headed off on a 1 mile run down to the nearest Town where we purchased england slippers and an imitation teamgeist WC football.

What was most interesting was...

The clerk who is an avid england supporter said that he desperately tried to get Trinidad and Tobago official Adidas supporter shirts however he was told they were all gone. sold out.He said if he would have got as few as a hundred of them he would have made an immense profit.  :o  We ran back home had a shower and were off once again.

Traveling south east we arrived at my uncles where we would meet the "Trinimobile" Caravan we were using to drive to Germany. I was smiling jubilantly as I looked it over... quite shabby inside but it was draped in Trini flags... after I gave it a through washing that lasted a good hour it looked simply brandnew. I was quite proud of my work.

My uncle then laughed and exclaimed "now you can cut the back lawn!"

We'll I am now off to bed.. Its dover in the morning then France then Amsterdam to hook up with the infamous TI.

Again, I hope you are all well. I'm ready for a good rest. Goodnight to you all.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2006, 06:27:38 PM by Jefferz »
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline UnWiseSage (aka Jahyute)

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: My travel log
« Reply #62 on: June 06, 2006, 06:32:13 PM »
Your old man met Bas!? How interesting that would have been. Wow. I wish I could have been there to see his expression. Thanks for the update my belly aching. Great post. With your father theres always good humour to be shared. Your damn lucky Jef. Enjoy every second. Oh I hope your ankle has healed since last I saw it.

:beermug:

Offline Trini_fan

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: BAgs packed, ah flying out in de morning!
« Reply #63 on: June 06, 2006, 06:43:22 PM »
BM yuh make meh pores raise with da one.

Have a safe flight...you too SM

Offline Stolly

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 06, 2006, 07:39:22 PM »
heheheh man that was excellent.  sounds like the shit!! take rel pictures eh.
lookin forward 2 d next post

stolly

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 06, 2006, 07:47:34 PM »
Nice post Jefferz..yuh better get some sleep before yuh reach Germany!!!! alyuh remember to take plenty pics......

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 06, 2006, 07:51:47 PM »
Nice write up yoot

Life is indeed unpredictable...lambastin de man and dem helpin him

Now

Why you eh aks him how he get back he passport??

Moreover,, why Bas ha SIX big bag...for ah month trip??
Lawd   :o...allyuh Bas fleeing like ah figitive oui  :devil:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 06, 2006, 07:54:30 PM »
take alot of pics but most importantly support the warriors hard

while in amsterdam there is omething u should try losing :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 06, 2006, 08:00:34 PM »
Big up Jefferz..nice write-up. We might meet up in Germany...bless

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2006, 08:02:19 PM »

while in amsterdam there is omething u should try losing :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Small Magician aka Wazza

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2006, 08:10:30 PM »
Hello to all my fellow forumite from which ever lonely computer screen you may be.

I'm starting a travel log and I thought I might as well share, for those who are interested in the read. Hopefully this can help me unwind and collect my many meandering thoughts as I trudge my way on the slightly rough, unfamiliar road to World Cup glory in the name of the Trinity hills.

I hope you are all faring well, I on the other hand am having quite a hard one here in the old English isle. It has certainly been a steady intrigue.

Well, having slept 5 hours the night before, I set off for my 6 30 flight from Piarco, Trinidad to Heathrow, England. Leaving home at 3 we got there at 4 o clock sharp ("we" being my father and I)---(yes I have dragged him into this madness) We were a few minutes late and arrived at St.Lucia to pick up the main crowd. Soon every seat was taken by the troops of the old Bar-my army, most covered in English colours. A Michael Owen shirt being brandished occasionally with a cheeky smile to be next brandished almost mockingly as I sat there with my own #19 T&T shirt.

I was put next to a pleasant English woman who obviously meant well however was painfully boring and insufferably talkative (she actually reminded me of one of those large, deadly Komodo Dragons you would occasionally see Steve Erwin tangoing with on the National Geographic channel)---(she certainly had the breath to go along with it)

Behind me, was seated alittle girl about 5 I would presume... she cried and screamed and wailed for about 3 of the 10 hours. The lady next to me talked for at least 5 of those 10 hours before passing out from what I thought must have been a heart act from shortness of breath after lambassing me with what must have been enough breath to keep an old man on a ventalator for at least a day or two. ( I of course at that point was thrilled at the hours of silence to come)

However then the baby started wailing and I had no hope of sleeping and I was livid despite the fact I already knew I probably wouldn't have gotten to sleep anyway. Oh well.

On arrival to Heathrow, light was creeping through my window and I couldn't help but feel a wave of optimism bowl me over. Joy seething threw me, relief warming my weary heart, enthusiasm brewing within me.

As you can imagine we hurried off the flight. My father collected a fast lane pass from a flight attendant as we exited. (My mother was a BWIA flight attendant for 25 years so she organized this momentous ease up) As we rushed through to the immigration line guess who we pulled up just behind in the fast lane.

T&T's former Priminister, Basdeo Panday. As you could imagine my father and I had a right laugh. How funny. From behind bars to behind the stars.

Well. We got through to the lugage carousels and sure enough there again he was right beside us this time... we had gone down a little further to give him a little bad talk as we were also eager to get our bags quickly and leave (I had been up for 40 hours at this point having not slept two nights in a row and my father couldn't have been too different)

Well. We noticed "The Old Baz" (what we now almost affectionately refereed to him as) was having a good bit of trouble with his 6 very large bags.

Seeing as we knew he had health problems and no matter what he was PM of the country we so loved. We flew into action.

We took 5 of his 6 bags off the Turnstile. He smiled at us heartily and thanked us graciously and we exchanged goodlucks and that was it. Really funny how things turn out. One minute your cursing him behind his back, the other your helping him take his bags off a turnstile) (laughing to myself here)

I lugged my two heavy bags and my particularly heavy pan case out to the car where my kind but throughly confused aunt came out to greet us. (We were both extremely tired)

The drive home was pleasant and I noticed that despite the fact that quite a few cars had england flags on it... In Trinidad I would say you would see a car with flags every 5-10 cars that would pass you) So that little feeling of Unity gave me Little bit more strength to push on and not to fall asleep grimly while on the way to the house while we still had to take all the million and one things out and unpack. (sigh)

It was quite hard really... In the end I had been up for 50 hours having not slept in two days strait.... but after 17 hours of sleep I was ready to go again. We went out for an exercises and the weather was perfect... In full tracksuits with nothing but an under vest on underneath we headed off on a 1 mile run down to the nearest Town where we purchased england slippers and an imitation teamgeist WC football.

What was most interesting was...

The clerk who is an avid england supporter said that he desperately tried to get Trinidad and Tobago official Adidas supporter shirts however he was told they were all gone. sold out.He said if he would have got as few as a hundred of them he would have made an immense profit.  :o  We ran back home had a shower and were off once again.

Traveling south east we arrived at my uncles where we would meet the "Trinimobile" Caravan we were using to drive to Germany. I was smiling jubilantly as I looked it over... quite shabby inside but it was draped in Trini flags... after I gave it a through washing that lasted a good hour it looked simply brandnew. I was quite proud of my work.

My uncle then laughed and exclaimed "now you can cut the back lawn!"

We'll I am now off to bed.. Its dover in the morning then France then Amsterdam to hook up with the infamous TI.

Again, I hope you are all well. I'm ready for a good rest. Goodnight to you all.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Nice Man

Enjoy it.... see u in germany    I arrive 10 30 German time thursday

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2006, 08:16:09 PM »
nice one yuteman

All of us should make a blog (for those who are going)
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2006, 08:38:25 PM »
big up pops... ah will see you at yuh gingerbread house in Gemany... lord dat place looking sweet oui!

enjoy it while I eh dey tuh plague yuh!!  :beermug:

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2006, 08:43:14 PM »
damn a rel want to go germany dread...... :'(

safe flights to all going germany  :beermug:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Keens

• New Warrior
  • Chuck Norris can talk about fight club
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2006, 08:50:28 PM »
HAHAHA allyuh shudda sprinkle sum baby powder all over his bag and slip a few plastic knifves and gunin the backpack to give "ole baz" a lil check-up, cavity search up his ASS! dey let his ass outta prison to go germany yess. aye jeff remember you have to show dem germans sum skills in the dirty streetz of Dortmund, buss ur special cap like busta, ur style ur winning flavor. lol
   Do ya ting eh, i go spot ur crazy ass fuh sure. Wear RED!

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #75 on: June 06, 2006, 08:54:39 PM »
HAHAHA allyuh shudda sprinkle sum baby powder all over his bag and slip a few plastic knifves and gunin the backpack to give "ole baz" a lil check-up, cavity search up his ASS! dey let his ass outta prison to go germany yess. aye jeff remember you have to show dem germans sum skills in the dirty streetz of Dortmund, buss ur special cap like busta, ur style ur winning flavor. lol

ahhh Jo ah missin you and de resta de crew man... enjoy de crazy times that are going to be upon us without me my old freind.  :beermug:

Offline Keens

• New Warrior
  • Chuck Norris can talk about fight club
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 06, 2006, 08:57:40 PM »

ahhh Jo ah missin you and de resta de crew man... enjoy de crazy times that are going to be upon us without me my old freind.  :beermug:

Fuh real jed, dsi, i go take pictures of de madness goin around here and we cud photoshop ur head into the corner of each pic, just like waldo.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #77 on: June 06, 2006, 08:58:21 PM »

Fuh real jed, dsi, i go take pictures of de madness goin around here and we cud photoshop ur head into the corner of each pic, just like waldo.

:rotfl: stewps hyuh ass yuh go mek meh cry.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 06, 2006, 09:01:17 PM »

tell him follow de red light.(not de traffic light eh)
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2006, 11:13:30 PM »
Jeffez why ya didn't open up Uncle Bas bag and maco little bit ?

Excellent piece of work meh boy...take ah little picture nah...
remember to help Small Magician with Big Magician for dey anthem eh :beermug:

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 06, 2006, 11:33:45 PM »
Thanks for the blog, I enjoyed it fully.  My heart goes out to all over in Germany, I am thorn btw 2 worlds
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 06, 2006, 11:35:31 PM »

while in amsterdam there is omething u should try losing

I hear it have 2, 3 place out dey that does turn boys into men

Més que un club.

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #82 on: June 06, 2006, 11:50:43 PM »

while in amsterdam there is omething u should try losing

I hear it have 2, 3 place out dey that does turn boys into men

ha...more....

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2006, 12:07:51 AM »
nice post keep de board updated

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2006, 12:21:16 AM »
Very thoughtful and encouraging post to read.

Boi doh go and try to lose anything that will come back tuh haunt yuh later.

Offline dtool

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2006, 04:14:58 AM »
How often you going to update the travel log .....
Man waiting to read about your moves... (and your Dad)
Keep in touch .... Great write

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
Them fellas riding away in Germany
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2006, 09:12:31 AM »
Nice relaxation activity....

Supporters performing "fighter" on Trinidad's arrival....

Kingman
« Last Edit: June 07, 2006, 09:14:48 AM by kingman »

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Them fellas riding away in Germany
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2006, 09:21:07 AM »
that look like some serious bush they riding through oui  :rotfl:

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2006, 09:23:53 AM »
that look like some serious bush they riding through oui  :rotfl:

All part of the fun; I guess it makes it "home-like." You know Trinidad have real bush too  :devil:

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 07, 2006, 09:30:34 AM »
But dais madness...suppose dey ride over ah german jep nest

or ah manicou rush dem or someting.......german manicou and lappe does be aggressive yuh know

Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>