April 26, 2024, 05:33:00 AM

Author Topic: Raul quit hint alerts Liverpool  (Read 1461 times)

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
Raul quit hint alerts Liverpool
« on: June 05, 2005, 11:40:42 PM »

LONDON: Liverpool's Spanish contingent could swell with the purchase of Real Madrid golden-boy Raul (pic), according to the BBC.

Raul has hinted that his 11-year career with the Spanish giants could be about to come to an end, sparking rumours that Liverpool might make a move for the 27-year-old forward.

“If I listen to polls in papers it looks as though I should leave. I want what is best for Real,” said Raul. “If at some time I have to sacrifice myself for Real to progress I will.

“If the club calls you up and says you have to go, then as a player you have to be prepared to look for a way out that benefits everyone.”

He has not given up hope of remaining among the Galacticos of Madrid, though, and feels that the Bernabeu's fans have yet to see the best of him.

“I still feel useful to the club and believe I have not reached my peak, but I don't want to be in the way. All I want is for the club to be clear with me,” he added.

Raul's place in the Madrid starting line-up has come under threat from England striker Michael Owen, with many believing that Real coach Wanderley Luxemburgo may favour an Owen-Ronaldo strike partnership next season – at the expense of Raul.

If he does leave, Raul may favour joining Liverpool's Spanish contingent under Rafael Benitez, which includes former Real team-mate Fernando Morientes as well as international team-mates Xabi Alonso and Luis Garcia. – AFP

Offline Babalawo

• Football Scholar
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Raul quit hint alerts Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 12:51:15 AM »
I dont think Raul will be a good fit in liverpool, he's a ball hug.  English / liverpool style of play stress on teamwork and passing. 

1]; } ?>