April 24, 2024, 06:09:26 PM

Author Topic: Ode to Latas  (Read 4763 times)

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
Ode to Latas
« on: March 05, 2005, 05:37:39 PM »
Oh great Lata
What is the matter
Yuh doh have ta
If yuh no watta
Play balla
yuh no gotta
go on with yuh matter
ah go catch yuh lata
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 12:12:03 PM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline rocwell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ode to Latas
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 06:04:53 PM »
Why downcry Latapy?  He's 36 years old,  and he's been very committed to us throughout his career.  Are we going to be begging him to play when he's 40? 45?   He's expressed interest in coaching, and I think he could be of greatest help on the training ground and in the dressing room.  We should concern ourselves with figuring a way for the future Latapy's to thrive.

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2005, 08:28:00 AM »
Latapy is T&T greates player of his generation and admired by many footballers & fans around the world. Ok he may have made mistakes but who are we to judge. One never know what was joining on his life around that time period, we tend to forget that even footballers have day to day trials and life problems. After all he is human!  Latapy has been loyal to T&T and always did his best in the shirt. Lets just wish him well and hopefully one day he may bring his experience once again to aid the country.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

truetrini

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2005, 04:43:18 PM »
latas is ah god!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2005, 04:54:14 PM »
Sorry fellas but I cannot criticize latapy too much.

At age 36 the man has a rght to decide not to get involved in a WC campaign when he is trying to coach and just recuperate from games. A 10-hour flight is no easy thing. The man is probably being honest enough to know that he will not be able to give his all.

Also I will always give latas a pass because he was committed to this side right through the 90's. When Yorke, Shaka and Leonson wasn't coming home for whatever reasons, Latapy was there.

He had one major transgression with teh Barbados trip thing and he definitely seemed to be making bad decisions in his final days at Hibs but I can't hold a grudge against the man.

I certainly can't write no dotish poem crying the man down.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

1]; } ?>