April 27, 2024, 09:38:54 PM

Author Topic: To the T&T team & fans (Good Luck Thread) !!!!  (Read 11751 times)

Offline trinirose

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: To the T&T team & fans (Good Luck Thread) !!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 09, 2006, 04:38:01 PM »
From a Trini in the US...'GOOD LUCK'...Ah have meh flag an ah waving it high for the Soca Warriors, the fighting spirit of the Caribbean.

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
To The Soca Warriors
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2006, 04:50:38 PM »
Dear Soca Warriors,

On the eve of your history making journey at the World Cup, believe that the entire nation is behind you, go without fear, support each other and we will succeed. 
"With boundless faith in our destiny ... side by side we stand"

Kappy
Snake in de balliser

Offline dotless007

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: To The Soca Warriors
« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2006, 04:57:41 PM »
well said kappy

we playin in de f**kin world cup tomoro  ohhhh shhiittt :applause: :applause:

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
WE REACH THE STAGE WE WARMING UP!!!!!
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2006, 06:46:21 PM »

Soca warriors fo forth

we reach the stage, we warming up
throw your hands up in the air
We going forth together now
to take world cup this year!!!!!!

win lose or draw the world cup is ours

VIBES IT UP T&T

TNT 3 sweden 1

we must believe and have faith reach for the stars and land on the  moons its all i ask!!!!

Offline croc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2006, 07:15:31 PM »
Surprise the world T&T.....be strong and you will rewarded. ALL THE WAY WARRIORS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
ah puttin ambulance on speed dial!!!
« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2006, 09:58:10 PM »
allyuh dis ting gettin serious.i gettin some serious heart palpitations dread. i eh get more dan 5 hours sleep for d las week an a half. i cant concentrate an ive aged about 20 years.
well i watchin d game wit all d women in d family so it go b real bachannal. we women hold it dong wid dese warriors long time now.
ah hope ah get to actually see d game yes.ah still eh recover from dem one day internationals, an now dis.

tnt 2
swe 1

bless!!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline saheedabdool

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2006, 10:51:00 PM »
Very commendable for the Jamaican fans to be wishing us luck! Thats is great, this is what the positive attitude of the caribbean is all about. GIVE THEM HELL SOCA WARRIORS! YOU'RE ALL WINNERS IN THE EYES OF YOUR FANS!

Offline saheedabdool

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
We've come a long way....THANK YOU (Please Read)
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2006, 11:04:38 PM »
I've been a member of this forum a few weeks before the second round of qualification for Germany. But I have been a Soca Warrior fan since the Korea campaign (I'm only 18). I wasn't a member of the forum before then, because I simply didn't know it existed. I would just like to say, from the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU. I have never seen a forum so dedicated and supporting. I would also like to thank everyone who keeps this forum going, the admins (you know who you are!)

We have come a long way, from beating Mexico 2-1 in the last game of scheduled qualification, to Dennis Lawrence's golden header that carried us above and beyond Bahrain to the World Cup. We have come a long way, as the smallest nation (population wise) to ever qualify to the World Cup, in our first year with a talented team and excellent coach, it is our turn.

WE HAVE COME A LONG WAY, so as team Trinidad and Tobago grace the pitch in Germany on June the 10th on a world stage, I want the world to not only witness what the Soca Warriors are made of, but I want the world to hear every single person in our 1.2 million populated country, chant, yell and get on bad!

Doesn't matter if we win, tie or lose, I will be a Soca Warrior supporter FOREVER! Who else is with me!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 11:06:19 PM by saheedabdool »

Offline madmonn

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2006, 11:50:36 PM »
Go WARRIORS.....wtih God all things are possible....represent

Offline in dey pwefen!

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2006, 12:04:07 AM »
T&T Warriors 2 - Sweden 1 That's my guess. I think that they will surprise a lot of people.

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
Re: We've come a long way....THANK YOU (Please Read)
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2006, 01:54:35 AM »
 :beermug:
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline PortValeChris

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2006, 03:00:55 AM »
"Never before in the field of human conflict, has so much been owed by so many to so few" Or whatever it was that Churchill said about the RAF.  The same thing could be said of the Trini Warriors, not just T&T, but Scotland and no doubt many other nations and nationalities.  C'mon you fearless Soca Warriors, show the world what you can do.  We want ah goal.
PortValeChris  AKA The Former TVV from onevalefan. 

Port Vale  We want ah goal!!

To market, to market, with my uncle Jim
Somebody threw a tomato at him
Now, Tomatoes don't hurt with their soft juicy skin
But this one it knackered, 'cause it come in a tin

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
caribbean community in venezuela coming together for the game
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2006, 05:10:29 AM »
Big event today ..... Ambassadors from all caribbean countries based in VENEZUELA will join with T&T in Caracas in support of the Soca warriors..
The historic encounter against sweden will be aired live on two local stations and will have live updates from this gathering of fans.
Venezuela are not involved in the tournament but you could hardly believe it. flags everywhere ...Brazil, argentina, italy, germany, Spain and of course T&T.

Somos Soca Warriors !!!!!!

Offline Perth Warriors

• New Warrior
  • Jason is a hero
    • View Profile
Good luck from Perth St.johnstone and the rest of Scotland
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2006, 05:14:58 AM »
 Here we go everybody ! Just a quick line to wish you all the best for Germay 06 and a big shout to our boy at Saints- JASON SCOTLAND.
We're sure you all know already but most Scots , being the nice people thet we are , have pledged to support the Soca Warriors through thick and thin in Germany. One match in particular should see the T&T flying high all over the country.
As you'd expect the sport stores Scotland are stacked high with every teams shirt for the tournament. English shirts are selling the slowest , T&T shirts are selling out faster than they can get them on the racks ! The Jason Scotland song is on track to be the biggest selling download in the counrty this week ( We are not joking ), and the whole nation has been treated to huge Bill-Boards off the face of Jason next to our favorite Soft drink.
So come on boy - make some noise -  do us proud !!!!

ALL THE BEST OF LUCK FROM EVERYONE IN SCOTLAND !

Offline FNEX

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T in Germany
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2006, 05:48:15 AM »
My best wishes for all SOCAWARRIORS on planet earth!  :)

Cool Breeze, a ska and calypso band from Berlin (with members from Ghana, England and Germany) produced a nice pice of music to cheer on the Socawarriors Team and their supporters during World Cup 2006.

If you want to listen (free donload) to their calypso song TnT in Germany

read this thread

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=16798.0

or go directly to their webpage

http://www.cool-breeze.org

Lets make it real for the Trinidad & Tobago! :D

Greetings from Berlin
FNEX  8)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 05:51:03 AM by FNEX »

Offline davyjenny

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2006, 06:23:14 AM »
we have been knocking on doors since 1973 now, today is the time to
open that door.

SOCAWARRIORS WILL DO TRINIDAD & TOBAGO PROUD !!

GOOD LUCK FELLAS !!!!!
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2006, 06:27:37 AM »
Play your best and make us proud today my brothers

United we Stand

WHEREVER WE GO....EVERYBODY KNOW WE NAME...

GO T&T

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Redbelt

• SHIFT_Redline
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
    • PiracyUnlimited.com, Anime & Manga
GO TRINNIES! BAHRAIN SUPPORTING YOU.
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2006, 06:48:42 AM »
MAKE US PROUD.

Offline Trini in FL

• New Warrior
  • Small Country BIG Passion!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: GO TRINNIES! BAHRAIN SUPPORTING YOU.
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2006, 06:54:17 AM »
Thanks man.......much appreciated. ;D

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2006, 07:06:18 AM »
Well look at that eh  ;D  big respect Redbelt.

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Tiny islands, big kicks - Los Angeles Posseeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2006, 07:34:27 AM »
Nice article from Friday's Los Angeles Times....

For the Los Angeles possee, read the last paragraph, dais where de jam is!

---------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>
http://www.latimes.com/news/opinion/commentary/la-oe-maharanj09jun09,1,433798.story?ctrack=1&cset=true

Tiny islands, big kicks
Trinidad and Tobago brings soca style to the World Cup.
By Davan Maharaj, DAVAN MAHARAJ is a Times deputy business editor.
June 9, 2006

EVEN BEFORE THE World Cup kicks off today in Germany, Trinidad and Tobago has already scored its first goal: becoming the smallest nation ever to reach sports' premier event.

Forget about sports. This is the islands' greatest moment — the country may be small, but it's two rocks, not one, floating in the Caribbean Sea. Better than that time at the Montreal Olympics in 1976 when native son Hasely Crawford won the 100-meter dash to become the world's fastest human. That was sweet, but it lasted a mere 10 seconds. Better than the announcement in 2001 that the nation's most famous son, V.S. Naipaul, had won the Nobel Prize in literature. Many Trinbagonians, or Trinis as we affectionately call ourselves, burst with pride at the news, but others couldn't care less because Naipaul had so often directed his world-famous sneer at his own birthplace.

ADVERTISEMENTFor me, this World Cup heals a 23-year-old emotional wound. I was 11 years old when Trinidad only needed a tie against Haiti in 1973 to qualify for the last World Cup held in Germany. My friends and I excitedly partook of the giddy feeling of an entire nation united in a soccer craze. I can recall how, in the tropical rain, we would kick the carcass of a soccer ball between burned cane fields, pretending to be members of the Trinidad national team (although we really wanted to be Pele).

When the decisive game in Port-au-Prince came, the good news was that Trinidad scored five goals, Haiti two. The bad news was that Haiti won after the referee recalled four Trini goals.

Trinis were convinced that "Papa Doc" Duvalier had bribed the referees. FIFA, the world soccer body, probably felt so too, banning the officiating team for life. But that was little solace. Haiti went to West Germany, and Trinis were left with broken hearts that couldn't be mended by all the rum shops in Port-of-Spain.

There was a chance for redemption in 1989. All "TnT" needed in a home game was a tie against the U.S. to advance to Italy. Things were going well — until former UCLA star Paul Caligiuri kicked an entire nation in the stomach with a goal in the 31st minute.

But now we have made it, and the party is on. There is some introspection too. Superpowers can afford to be nonchalant about their team being in the event, but on the islands, there is a search for greater meaning. Maybe this team can bring the various races together. Maybe it will unite people to beat the crime spree. Maybe, just maybe….

Many Trinis at home and in Germany are taking bets on another sideshow: the chances that Trini fans will outfox the vaunted German police and get their steel drums and percussion instruments inside the stadium to cheer on their team. German authorities have set up a special cultural village for the panmen and percussion players, hoping that they would sap their energy outside the stadium. But with banners proclaiming "Small Country, Big Passion," the Trinis say they want to spice up the German cities with Carnival-like parades, including soca, steel drums and their famous hip gyrations — what we call "wining."

Oktoberfest in Deutschland might never be the same.

Trinidad is the southernmost outpost of the Caribbean, resting seven miles off the Venezuelan coast, but being in the World Cup reinforces the national sense that Trinidad may as well be where the Ganges meets the Nile, to quote a popular calypsonian. Trinidad is the birthplace of calypso, steel drums and the Mother of All Carnivals.

THE ISLANDS' predominant races, Indians and Africans, fused their rhythms to create soca, a new form of calypso. Hence the name of the TnT soccer team: Soca Warriors.

Calypsonians are pumping out Soca Warriors tunes that would fill several CDs.

"Tell dem we reach/Everybody reach/Go and tell yuh family/We going World Cup in Germany," goes one ditty by the TnT Soca Boys.

Another by dance hall soca star Maximus Dan boasts: "I'm a Soca Warrior, win or lose I'm a fighter. I'm a Soca Warrior, come to shine my nationality brighter."

Bookstores in Port-of-Spain have sold out of English-German dictionaries. The German embassy in Port-of- Spain reported it has issued several thousand visas to Trinis and are processing many more last-minute applications. Some Trinis have mortgaged their future to pay more than $6,000 to see the games in Germany.

Trinidad is the prohibitive underdog in a first-round group featuring Sweden, Paraguay and former colonial ruler England.

But one can hope, and hope boisterously, as I expect the local Trini posse to do when it gathers for matches at the Caribbean Treehouse restaurant in Inglewood. I will be there.

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
Re: Tiny islands, big kicks - Los Angeles Posseeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2006, 07:38:50 AM »
Nice article from Friday's Los Angeles Times....
"Tell dem we reach/Everybody reach/Go and tell yuh family/We going World Cup in Germany," goes one ditty by the TnT Soca Boys.

But how the man could confuse Iwer with the Tnt Soca Boys?
I've already emailed him to complain  :devil:
-be the change you wish to see-

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2006, 08:19:18 AM »
boy
move with yuh blight self nuh

Més que un club.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2006, 08:21:52 AM »
thank you Bahrain massive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :beermug: :beermug: :devil: :devil:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
West Indian Unity
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2006, 12:14:23 PM »
I would just like to say, to all the doubters who were saying that the rest of the C'bean were not supporting us, that you all were 100% wrong. Going on to different C'bean message boards, especially at www.islandmix.com the support for the team as they played today was astounding. There were Bajans, Vincies, Jamaicans almost dying of a heart-attack everytime Hislop pulled off a spectacular save and they were all rallying around the Warriors. They were even saying that they were Soca Warriors too. So today, the TnT team have not only made Trinbagonian proud, but they made West Indians proud.\

Vibes it up!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline bratachdubh

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: West Indian Unity
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2006, 12:26:25 PM »
Not just the West Indies, guys - the whole of Scotland was willing you on today.  Best wishes from the Tartan Army.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2006, 12:30:58 PM »
Not just the West Indies, guys - the whole of Scotland was willing you on today.  Best wishes from the Tartan Army.

And we thank you very much.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2006, 12:31:41 PM »

THANK YOU, THANK YOU , THANK YOU

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY, EXCEPT FOR THE BIRTH OF MY CHILDREN...THIS IS THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2006, 12:37:04 PM »
THIS IS BY FAR THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE....

THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART SOCAWARRIORS

i LOVE YOU SWEET TRINIDAD ABD TOBAGO
Warrior For Life !!

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2006, 12:37:55 PM »
Soca Warriors, you really fought your heart out today, you have already done us proud.

There is west indian Unity and then there is this
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 02:21:49 PM by trinindian »

1]; } ?>