May 28, 2024, 11:23:16 PM

Author Topic: I didn't want to say this b4  (Read 2065 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
I didn't want to say this b4
« on: June 10, 2006, 02:06:48 PM »
but after hearing about Dog's injury I was heartbroken and very despondent about our chances.

Losing Spann was bad enough but Spann AND Dog.. i had an upset stomach for 24 hrs before the game. I couldn't even concentrate on work.

I was shocked to see no Otis starting.

But Sancho, Avery and Gray perform like boss!!!

Shaka was marvellous.

When Avery get send off at the beginning of the sec. hlf...I coulda cry.

I counted down the minutes.

Turks who had not interest in the game, started watching the screen becz of the noise we were making.

Some Brits sast with us and were urging us on. They explained that they hate Sweden becz they have not been able to beat Swweden in years.

They were very impressed with how we were able to hang on.

Lastly I'm just wondering. Can't Stern make SOME effort?

I understand that he was double teamed all day but the man NEVER ran after a ball...when his touch let him down...he just watch the ball go away...never tried to regain it. Look at his effort in comparison to Glenn's or Carlos.

I am deeply grateful to Shaka for his effort today. But is it just me or do he and Jack have a problem holding on to balls..

Well on to England...with a bit of luck...we could be the David of this tournament.

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline 7 blessings

• Lion II Zion
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
now dey go kno that we aint come germany to get run over!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 03:16:39 PM »
Watch nah them boys dem really show character and heart today....Didnt really like the Referee decision on AVery John but that situation gave us the chance to show the world what we really made of. Especially impressed with Young Collin Samuels and Brent Sancho..well doh talk bout Shaka...he is ah boss!!...the entire team played a great game...but thode are a few of the stand outs.
and i will always say this....Cornell glenis ah really bright prospect for we and ah hope that he get a lot more playin time or even a start before the campaign over....we fightin ti the end we eh fraid nobody..come england leh we put it on allyuh.
Jesus Christ died for us....now it's time for us to Live for Him

Offline ramps1

• New Warrior
  • Dr Ramps fo' sure!
    • View Profile
Re: I didn't want to say this b4
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 03:21:15 PM »
all i could say is nuff respect to the boys...they play their hearts out and 0-0 is damn good against sweden for a team that is 2001-1 to win the cup
bless ;D

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 03:46:14 PM »
I think that Whitley has not fully recovered from his injury that is why bleeder playing.

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 06:28:40 PM »
stern en play dat bad dey jes had him underlock was two men round him most of de times. hope he get ah breader in de england game . well done fellas
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 07:07:25 PM »
jus rember fellla de bullet glen buss was from ah stern pass eh..nuff respect to de whole team!!!
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 07:30:18 PM »
Shaka only drop one ball he shoulda ketch at de start.  All de rest was parry and block.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 07:39:41 PM »
me eh know wham to allyuh but if u watch football regularly u will relaize that stern REAL PLAY today
he was up by himself and repeatedly controlled the ball, shielded it and waited for help to come
excellent game by him
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 07:55:41 PM »
These guys played beyond themselves today.  All the criticism is unwarranted with the possible exception of Birchall's poor play.  What you all want?  A 0-0 game against Sweden with 10 men for 40 minutes is a master stroke.  Go Warriors.  And that referee should be ashamed ofhimself  The Swedes were acting everytime they get tackled and lost and they were tugging and clippping the TT players all day without a call.  Did you see when Carlos get slapped in his mouth without the referee blowing the whistle?  Idiot referee.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 12:54:37 PM »
I'm well aware how dffclt it was for Stern by himself up front and being double teamed.

But what get me was how when he lose the ball, the lack of effort to try to regain it.

You think Jones or Yorke woulda get  on so.

Stern had a lot of zest in the Bahrain second game, wragnling defender and all kinda thing.

And yes it was a nice header to Cornell.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

1]; } ?>