April 29, 2024, 08:26:16 AM

Author Topic: Ince RESIGNS?  (Read 12427 times)

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Ince RESIGNS?
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2005, 12:40:04 PM »
Ah guess we ain't going to get ah official word from Shaun Fuentes until Jack telll Ince like it is.From my familiarity with similar situations in the past,Jack will give him a reality check .....then if he still insist he retire,Jack will let him go and he'll be on Jacks blacklist.The only men to stand up to this was Yorke and Latapy mainly because their careers won't as a direct result of Jacks imput.But main who it affected were Jerron Nixon when he was in Scotland and threaten to boycott a Shell Cup final and Rougier who was playing for Reading in England.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2005, 01:02:48 PM »
I thought this situation is between Beenie and Impsie?

I am shocked you think Jack Warner will get himself involved   ;)

Offline concerned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2005, 01:27:04 PM »
Ince has burned his bridges.......I got it from the inside.....and this coach is not going to take him back.....

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2005, 01:34:32 PM »
Arrow I'm foreign base now,use to be involved in local football and unless something has drastically change which it doesnt appear so, believe me when i tell you Jack is involve in EVERY important decision concerning T&T football.If he is not in the country they call him on the phone to inform him before a decision is made.Our Administrators have allow this to happen for two decades now.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2005, 01:36:15 PM »
Would be interesting to get the full story - if we ever do. Still this is 4cup and kinda small boyish on Ince part! Thank god he eh have the ball and take it because he eh get sweat.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2005, 01:38:26 PM »
No speculation people lets just wait for the whole story
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2005, 02:14:28 PM »
 The Alba House New Testament (1970, tr. Condon)
Our Father in Heaven,
let your holy name be known,
let your kingdom come,
and your will be done,
on earth as in heaven.
Give us today the bread that we need,
and forgive us our wrongs,
as we forgive those
who have done wrong to us.
Do not lead us into trial,
but save us from evil.

From the Koran

The Elevated Places
[7.161] And when it was said to them: Reside in this town and eat from it wherever you wish, and say, Put down from us our heavy burdens: and enter the gate making obeisance, We will forgive you your wrongs: We will give more to those who do good (to others).

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2005, 02:26:22 PM »
No speculation people lets just wait for the whole story

Thankyou triniman.

Men slighting our own player without knowing what the story is.

Ince has been the most committed goal keeper we have had in the past few years.  Even when it may have cost him a starting position at his club he has come back....no talk about bread and butter BS.

If yuh on the inside and yuh know something then cool...good for you. But for the rest, just wait for a reliable report before yuh start back stabbing we own player.  This is totally out of character for him and he is a man with T&T in his heart from day one.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2005, 02:44:01 PM »
Slight correction Slates. Shaka is English born but TRINI bred!  8)
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2005, 02:44:39 PM »
allyuh shutup until we hear the whole story.until i hear a credible story then im going to keep assuming that ince is just hurt.
Hart for president

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2005, 02:45:25 PM »
Well said DCS, we too blastid quick to fight down de man,  when de word at dis point (to most of us) is just rumors...oh gawsh man..we jus win a big game ..and already is a setta tey ley ley..

Ince has 'seemed' committed to de cause to this point. He has made himself available when called, so in my OPINION he has earned to benefit of the doubt..before we trhow him down in de bamboo.. warriors fans yuh cyar be so fickle...if dis is true den we / meaning Beenie has a real void to fill.. especially if Shaka is still fixing his bizness..
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline royalian

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2005, 02:50:28 PM »
actually it's not just rumour, jack warner made a statement on radio today saying that dwight and another player tried their best to dissuade Ince to no avail.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2005, 02:53:59 PM »
sad indeed !

Offline Rodney

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2005, 02:54:09 PM »
OK, leave Shaka outta dat BS. Remember, Shaka is English born, English bred, but yet, he represent T&T, giving as much as anyone past or present. De man have ah family to feed. So if he out dey looking for ah paycheck, he did so upon realizing dat de team supposedly have good, competent alternatives. He has pledged his services if needed, so don't lump my fellow "SAINTS" man in dat "Impse" BS.

While I get yuh point, Shaka is by no means 'English Bred'. Yes, the man was born in England but went tuh T&T when he was small. The man was bred in T&T. You make it sound like he has made some great sacrifice for T&T to play for us. Personnally I do not view Shaka differently to any T&T born player, and as such I do not think he has 'bent over backwards' for the nation, remember he only chose to represent us when he failed on his sole oppertunity to represent England. I will say than when Hislop has played for T&T - which (for various reasons) hasn't been often - he has been dedicated to the cause and not done anything half- heartedly. Just don't cannonise the man.....that should be left fuh people like Rougier, Dog and Carlos Edwards who risked starting places (on more than one occasion) in their pro teams to come and represent fuh T&T.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 02:56:10 PM by Rodney »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2005, 03:23:44 PM »
To be fair to Ince....based on Touches post....where he did say dat Ince was #1 throught de 1991 campaign only fuh McComie to replace he fuh de finals.  den Shaka come and supplant he as #1.  Den he did have to prove heself at Crewe and get drop fuh big name Man U goalie after he was done name player of de year.  Den had was to prove heself again after dat and was runner up in player of de year honours.  Now dis.

Yuh could empathise wit de man to a degree.  De man mus be feel like bein forever taken fuh granted no matter which team.  Always havin to prove heself and he mus be jes reach a point where he say enough is enough.

Maybe de manner in which Beenie Man communicate de decision to he was not to Ince liking. 

Maybe Ince feel dat if he say he good to play, dat Beenie should take he at he word and dat he pay enough dues to earn dat right.

Maybe is a $$ ting.

Whatever it is, the decision is disappointing but the show have to go on.  From what ah hear, Beenie doh stand fuh dem kinda ting so it go be unlikely Ince go be back on de team as long as beenie is coach.

Good luck to Ince in de future.  He did serve T&T well.

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2005, 03:26:44 PM »
Marvin Phillips or Jan Williams should be groomed for the Gold Cup.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2005, 03:37:04 PM »
Maybe de manner in which Beenie Man communicate de decision to he was not to Ince liking. 

Maybe Ince can't understand Dutch language?

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 06, 2005, 04:01:48 PM »
Marvin Phillips or Jan Williams should be groomed for the Gold Cup.

As long as it eh Hayden Thomas I cool.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2005, 04:17:46 PM »
actually it's not just rumour, jack warner made a statement on radio today saying that dwight and another player tried their best to dissuade Ince to no avail.

If this is true, we just have to move on.. If Yorke and dem try to dissuade Ince and he still say he overs we, life goes on.  Based on the comments by you forumites it appears that Ince was vex because Leo say he not fit enough to play.  If this is the case, I agree with Leo and fire bun.  But we don't have Ince side of the story, there are always 2 sides to a story.  So at this time we cannot be 100% sure and say Leo move dread or Ince is a traitor.  Only time will tell.  From appaerances it look like Ince walkout on the team and that really looks terrible but hopefully the team stay strong and focus on the Mexico games.

As fans we need to continue to support the team and not worry about Ince.  Ince and Shaka are definitely better keepers than jack and daurance but say what.  We have to usue what we have.  You never know, Jack might turn out to be the best thing since slice bread.  There was a World Cup when argentina keeper Nery Pumpido got injured and he was replaced by an unknown at that time (Goycochea).  Goycochea went on to save like a man possessesd as Argentina won several penalty shootouts on the way to the World Cup final.

So we need to forget about Ince and back the SOCA WARRIORS 1000%.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 06, 2005, 04:45:08 PM »
In reply to real madness

Good post.  Agreed 100%

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2005, 04:54:58 PM »
As long as it eh Hayden Thomas I cool.

;D ;D ;D Ain't that the truth!!!
« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 05:18:44 PM by Tallman »

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 06, 2005, 05:46:21 PM »
If this is true...it seems that the more things change the more they stay the same.

On one hand, flick him leh we move on. On the other hand, he is experienced and is definitely needed.

I don't think Shaka is an option...I'll tell you why. Unless Shaka is representing himself, he would not need to stay in the UK to secure a new club. Ballers have agents for that. I feel that Shaka's request to be excused is his way of saying thanks to T & T football and thanks for the benching against Costa Rica.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 06, 2005, 07:06:45 PM »
This is the only official word we have

The team will depart with only one change being goalkeeper Duarance Williams coming in for Clayton Ince after the Crewe Alexandra custodian informed management that he would be opting to sit out the Mexico match

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 06, 2005, 07:58:55 PM »
This is the only official word we have

The team will depart with only one change being goalkeeper Duarance Williams coming in for Clayton Ince after the Crewe Alexandra custodian informed management that he would be opting to sit out the Mexico match

It might be case Leo thinks Ince not fit enough to play against mexico as well so Ince probably decided to stay home instead of warming de bench. We can only speculate at this time.  I supporting Jack and Daurance 100%, we have to support whomever playing. 

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 06, 2005, 08:09:39 PM »
Any how yuh slice it and for what ever reason that Ince is no longer a part of the Squad, this is a BIG Loss. :(  Some men said the same thing when Latapy refuse the call, and others said it for not including Cornel Glen.  The fact of the matter is that all these men if a part of the Team would make us a formidable group of players but we should be more concerned with the Team. Thankfully we have a Coach who focusing on the best for the Team and aint really have no axe to grind with any player. If the players cah see that then why we fussing over them.  They could never be true Team players. No man in Trinidad football is or should be greater than the Team.  None.  

I will reserve comment on the reason for Ince not being a part of the team when it is confirmed.  In the mean time, I wish him a speedy recovery from injury and hope to see him back in the National Team.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Solo

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 06, 2005, 09:47:53 PM »
I hope its not about money though thats what I heard and keep hearing. All I know is that the night before the Panama game during that warm up Jack was looking sharp and Ince was letting in a some easy shots from Yorke, Jones and Andrews.

I just looked back at the pictures I took that night and I realised I have about three pics of him getting beat or picking the ball out of the back of the net while I have none of Jack getting beat so maybe Beenie saw something. Anyway I keep hearing that its because of the money but I dont wanna speculate and be unfair to the guy so lets see what the true story is come tomorrow.

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2005, 10:05:16 PM »

Solo,
Its my understanding that as long as the player makes the 18man game sheet, they all get the same amount weather they play or not. 
Can anyone verify this?

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #57 on: June 06, 2005, 11:39:44 PM »

Solo,
Its my understanding that as long as the player makes the 18man game sheet, they all get the same amount weather they play or not. 
Can anyone verify this?

There is some formula by which they get paid....has to do with the number of caps they have.
It was in an old post on this board somewhere.
I cah remember if it have any difference in starting or benching but in all seriousness the match fee is peanuts(a few hundred US I think) for the UK players unless people talking bout some other money.

1]; } ?>