April 25, 2024, 02:41:34 PM

Author Topic: Biased Ref?  (Read 4531 times)

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Biased Ref?
« on: June 11, 2006, 01:57:42 AM »
If we were a big name team, would that ref have given out that red card and yellow card so easily?  Avery deserved the first yellow even though the Swediah player real overreact, but he did not deserve the 2nd yellow.  Yorke's yellow was not warranted.  We got none of the calls.  I thought he was too biased against us.  Are we protesting this so that maybe the next two matches, FIFA might tell dem refs to be more fair, especially with 1st timers like us?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Biased Ref?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 01:59:24 AM »
I thought de Ref was for de most part fair. Argentina vs Coast de Ivory had a biased ref.
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline ttcom

• Hero Warrior
  • us/trini/jamaican
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 02:19:43 AM »
For the most part the ref calls were fair. And YES Avery second was high. Yorke wanted to fight with a swed player. He even touch the player in the face. I was a lucking the ref assistant didn't intervene. He got hte yellow card later. Destra put on a performance last night. I cant even talk. Big Kendell, Yellow,Bago,ttcom, and ff you made it. Later warriors
Stupidity is an elemental force for which no earthquake is a match."
-Karl Kraus

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 05:05:18 AM »
nah at all avery second tackle was a good blade. but if u talking bout biased the argentina game was biased,like that ref eh like africans or something

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 05:20:00 AM »
i watched d game again and i think avery honestly went 4 d ball.
d original WARRIOR PRINCESS. win or lose i am a FIGHTER.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 08:03:15 AM »

he did go for the ball and he got it. but is second leg hit the man hard, and remeber they dont tackle like how we do. break foot style even if u get the ball. fifa tryin to cut down on that so avery get punished. but whole first half he tackling hard hard.. so i had seen it commin even though i didnt want it to happen nah

Offline jub02

• Hero Warrior
  • Mighty Arsenal & Newcastle .
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 08:06:09 AM »
in the first half of england v paraguay the ref seemed ok. but the second half every thing was given to paraguay . crouch did nothing but was given a yellow card . the ref seems biased too me watch out for him

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 08:09:03 AM »
I usually don't cry about the ref, and I could totally understand the red card, but I agree that he sucked the whistle on some fouls against us.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Blue

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 09:06:40 AM »
For the most part the ref calls were fair. And YES Avery second was high. Yorke wanted to fight with a swed player. He even touch the player in the face. I was a lucking the ref assistant didn't intervene. He got hte yellow card later. Destra put on a performance last night. I cant even talk. Big Kendell, Yellow,Bago,ttcom, and ff you made it. Later warriors

Dat fete was almost as good as d game  :beermug:

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 10:11:13 AM »
The ref was fair. We played very aggressively and hit the ground a lot. Many times refs will call that even when you get the ball.

Each team will thinnk they were hard done by. i know that the Swedes were completely pissed with him.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 10:22:21 AM »

The yellow card on Yorke was unfair.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 10:30:44 AM »
The refs (all) in the games so far have given the "underdog" teams a hard time. They were very unfair against ecaudor, and so to against paragauy, and it spilled over to our game. In our game the defender on Stern kept climbing on his back and not once did we get a call. That tackle from Avery was good. Bunch of pretty boys on the field, crying for everything.

FIFA needs to do better with the refs. There has been to many unnecessary cards and stoppages by the referees. FIFA is trying to protect the skilfull players by putting the defenders at a disadvantage. These forwards goes down with little contact and then rolls al over the field. This is not good FIFA needs to look at this and come up with a better method of keeping a high paced game. Now that forwards know any challenge they have the benfit it will cause a lot of acting. 
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 04:35:50 PM »
The refs (all) in the games so far have given the "underdog" teams a hard time. They were very unfair against ecaudor, and so to against paragauy, and it spilled over to our game. In our game the defender on Stern kept climbing on his back and not once did we get a call. That tackle from Avery was good. Bunch of pretty boys on the field, crying for everything.

You said it well!  I agree with you entirely. Sure we tried to make strong and maybe bad tackles, but FiFA promised to crack down on the acting and Sweden did a lot of that without a single warning. They wer also holdinga lot with few calls made.  Stern was grbbed and wrapped up and men complaining that Stern didn't play well.  I doh know what game they was watching!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 08:31:17 PM »
So allyuh eh know dat dem people in Singapore doh like we Trinis?  Is dem Prime Minister Mr. Kuan Yew who destructively criticised our "Carnival Mentality."  We Trinis may have such a mentality buh we put it to good use against the Swedes.  I say dat tuh hell was the referee...make sure he eh geh no wuk in T&T. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 09:29:33 PM »
People, I just finish watching them nasty Argentinians against Ivory Coast, dat Ref fall hook line and sinker for EVERY Argentinian dive in the book!  It was ridiculous, and I never like dem nasty Argentinians, now I am a fan of 31 teams, anybody but Argentina!

If Ivory Coast had Beenieman, dey wouldah win de World Cup!

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 07:10:25 AM »
People, I just finish watching them nasty Argentinians against Ivory Coast, dat Ref fall hook line and sinker for EVERY Argentinian dive in the book!  It was ridiculous, and I never like dem nasty Argentinians, now I am a fan of 31 teams, anybody but Argentina!

If Ivory Coast had Beenieman, dey wouldah win de World Cup!

Sorin really disappointed me. dived and rolled all over the place. I thought defenders were supposed to be hard players.

To answer the question, I don;t think the ref's have been particulalry biased against the "Smaller" teams, I think the "Bigger" teams are just better at cheating the ref.

With regards to the ref in the England/Paraguay match, I don;t think he was biased one eay or the other, just very poor.

Sorry, but I don;t think there can be too many arguements about the red card. Both tackles were worthy of a booking and they were also just the worst of a series of tackles.

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 07:28:56 AM »

yes

a referee gives a yellow/red card easier to a less knows player/team.

Offline Soca Taliban

• New Warrior
  • Trini 2 D Bone!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 08:12:09 AM »
Okay allyuh say wha allyuh want but dem ref was teefin fuh Sweden. HOw much time ah tired see dem swedish defenders grabbin Stern around d neck, next how bout when Ibrahimivisch (sp) elbow Edwards in he face? Wham tuh d call den? Dat shoulda been ah red card!! I will admit that Avery deserve d 1st yellow, but d 2nd one??? Nah man, all ball. Dem Sweds deserve an oscar fuh dey acting!! Anyhow, ah still proud meh warriors!

Offline vpersad

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 08:19:06 AM »
Yeah I think that ref was definately biased. That was a good tackle. But we prove to de world that we could cause destruction. 10 men and we still was unstoppable. dem nah ready fi we yet!!

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 10:52:26 AM »
Fire BUN dat phu*uing Asian Ref!

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 12:38:43 PM »
i feel that man apply for english citizenship and that is de only way he coulda get thru

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 12:43:24 PM »

the commentary on the tv was soo biased. it was horrible

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2006, 10:54:37 AM »
Racism in this WC, dem refs an dem eh givin no black team de benefit of de doubt, callin everything against we!

Offline Rani5

• Soca Warriors!: Going for Gold
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2006, 12:16:59 PM »
LOL.. according to a man in MT.. "dem japanese an dem eye too choonky" i.e they cyah see nutting!.. The referee was indeed VERY HARSH on our players, and not on the english players. Terry , Gerrard and Crouch fouled our players.. and no yellow cards! The referee added unneeded pressure to the players! It really wasnt fair.. bu thats life  >:(  C'est la vie!
*Necessity is the Mother of Invention*

Offline sweets

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2006, 01:10:12 PM »
please, not us not start becuz we could never finish, that ref for our game t&t v. Eng that was the bias game i have seen, i hope fifa knows what they are doing after this rounds with  that thiefing ref. :bs: :thumbsdown:

Offline Trini Babe

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2006, 03:28:04 PM »
Definately Biased ref! The Smaller teams real seeing stress with those refs pulling out yellow card. That yellow card against Shaka.........What was he really thinking.........time wasting come on. Did'nt he see how long Bekham take with the ball or what.
The Impossible becomes the possible.
If you can dream it you can live it!

Offline takenoprisoners

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2006, 04:04:37 PM »
Too many whining sissies spoiling the game. They are aided by the refs who do not know the difference
between a good fair HARD tackle and a foul. Anytime a man fall down and roll around when you breathe on him , you get an automatic tweeet! They are killing the game SLOWLY!

1]; } ?>