June 15, 2024, 10:59:46 PM

Author Topic: Why is no one applauding Yorke?  (Read 8684 times)

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why is no one applauding Yorke?
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 04:33:14 PM »
yorke played real hard football but men like shaka(of course), carlos and sancho impressed also
d original WARRIOR PRINCESS. win or lose i am a FIGHTER.

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2006, 06:36:41 PM »
Yorkie deserves alot of big up! His experience and decision making on the field was superb. That display shows that Yorkie can play in champions league still!

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2006, 11:53:50 PM »
Yorke's contributions were critical.

If anything it was Shaka who did his job. Yorke was a real calming influence on the team. Evrytime we got choked up in the middle and started to look troubled, Yorke glided in and calmed things down and played us out of trouble.

It was clear that off all the players we had on the pitch he was the one with the experience to direct our play. And his work off the ball in positioning himself to get involed in so many plays on defense was magnificant.

That being said, everybod was a giant yesterday. Special mantion to Cyd Gray, Carlos, Sancho, Birchall, Lawrence, Whitley (when he was runnig - I believe he is carrying an injury). Theobald was a little out of his depth. Samule and Stern were not bad. Samuel needs to make a run after he passes the ball and not stand up. Stern's trap and screen game was impressive but you wish he would chase lost causes a little more because it is easy for him to look lazy.

Well said.  Birchall was O.K, but I guess that after his fantastic performances in the Mex, Bahrain, and Iceland  games (to name a few), I was expecting more out of him.  Maybe after A.John was sent off Beenie gave him instructions to play more of a defensive mid role.

Offline Yaw

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2006, 07:07:30 AM »
SIr Alex still looking for a man to replace Roy Keane.  If he did only know that he had the right man in Yorke, he woulda never let him go.  Big up Dwight Yorke - midfiled general.  Bravo

Offline meloTTWARRIOR

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2006, 10:37:43 AM »
I think that is a good question they should give him more praise for what he did in  that game on Saturday I hope he doesn't get any injuries so he come be a part of history making for T&T Football.

Offline Yellowman

• Jr. Warrior
  • Warrior 4 Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2006, 10:42:47 AM »
All the players showed that true fighting warrior spirit....

Of course some players stood out more for me Shaka,Yorke, Edwards and Sancho....

If they keep playing this way and who knows where we'll reach?
Trinidad & Tobago in the 2006 World Cup Finals?...Impossible Is Nothing...

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2006, 12:55:34 PM »
YORKE YORKE YORKE!!!!!! [/b]
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2006, 01:07:53 PM »
the whole team....i was honestly suprised....and overflowing with pride....anybody at that stage could pass a ball...and control a ball....but wat we showed here is a defiance of the trini/caribbean mentality...and we showed HEART!!!

HEART is the key word dey dread...we showed HEART, BIG CARIBBEAN HEART!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>