April 18, 2024, 08:47:36 AM

Author Topic: Rogers Sportsnet in Canada with negative comments towards TNT!  (Read 6081 times)

Offline saheedabdool

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Act now! during a BASEBALL! that's right, a BASEBALL game, the commentor of the Blue Jays vs. Tigers game on June 9th 2006, made some sarcastic comments towards the outcome of the Trinidad and Tobago vs. Sweden game. I know the odds on paper are against us, but a commentator needs to be more professional than that, especially when broadcasting throughout Canada. We are not a laughing stock! Let rogers know how you feel as a Trinidadian! Send them as much hate mail as you can! make them publicly apologize. This isn't fair.

Here is the e-mail address, I've already sent mine. feedback@sportsnet.rogers.com
« Last Edit: June 09, 2006, 11:44:26 PM by saheedabdool »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
Re: Rogers Sportsnet in Canada with negative comments towards TNT!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 12:14:29 AM »
What did he say ?

Ah cyah tell him "he mudda ass and he fadda is ah puss" without reason....

gimme  >:(

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 05:02:50 AM »
yuh feel that bad...Bobby McMahon from Fox Sports...our team suffered a huge blow with the loss of Marvin Andrews to injury and say Ibrahimovic had a frustrating season at Juventus and going to take out all that frustration on Trinidad and Tobago :o then Max Oniel say he have to agree cause he also shares the same feelings and expect T&T to be the beating horse of group B...well yes dem fellas not easy at all!!

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 06:26:16 AM »
Well at least them is Football type analyst......wha Trinidad vs Sweden haveto do with a baseball game....Out of all the CONCACAF countries.......Canada is the ones that talking themost shit , the real SOUR. So I really doh expect nothing POSITIVE from them, thas why I flying my flag and wearing me JUZZY to BUN them and they nasty self ;D

wowwwwwwwwwwwww it go be sweet

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 09:31:20 AM »
i am fed up with them also!!!!!! just fed up!!!!!!! they say sweden will play "tiny" trinidad and tobago.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 09:43:28 AM »
da only way we can really shut them up is to win

Offline marcpurcell

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 12:54:52 PM »
They make up for it. They call this game the best EVER performance by a Concacaf team.
Born in Montreal
Living in Toronto
But still a Barataria boy at heart

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 01:02:00 PM »
aye right now i aint care that much b/c we prove ourself today... and ppl want to continue their sh!t then that's plain ignorance

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 01:03:18 PM »
They make up for it. They call this game the best EVER performance by a Concacaf team.

Yeah..Different commentators on Rogers Sports Net.  Dick Howard, Craig Forrest and Vic R had good things to say today and they had a nice feature on the Soca Warrior fans in Germany today.  Dick said he wished he was in POS today.
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline saheedabdool

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 01:06:06 PM »
Respect to the Soca Warriors for holding on to the tie, even with 10 men. It funny, look at how the negative comments go to positive after we shut up the world in just one match. The sportscaster said something like "I can't wait to see the score after the Trinidad and Tobago vs. Sweden match." in a sarcastic manner, but thats not a exact quote. He had no reason to say it, since he is a baseball analyst and not a football. I already send them my hate mail. Even if you not living in the Toronto, let them know how you feel.

Offline che

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 01:20:50 PM »
Sportsnet can kiss my ass. Craig Dubson does always bad talk us  :shameonyou: :loser:

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 01:32:28 PM »
why everybody so work up?  Peace - relax and enjoy the action  Actions speak louder than stupid words.  T&T's performace will make any asinine comments just that .. asinine comments.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 01:34:53 PM »
MAIL SENT
Warrior For Life !!

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 01:50:02 PM »
i am fed up with them also!!!!!! just fed up!!!!!!! they say sweden will play "tiny" trinidad and tobago.
A quick geography lesson:
Brazil: 188,078,227  people, area: 8,511,965 sq km
Sweden: 9,016,596 people, area:    449,964 sq km
T&T:     1,065,842 people, area:       5,128 sq km

In some people books, T&T is Tiny.  Why the fuss??

Offline dombasil

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2006, 03:48:19 PM »
I wonder what he has to say now.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2006, 04:29:08 PM »
ah send them a strongly worded email.ah sorry fuh de man who readin it,he sure to cry blood.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2006, 06:13:26 PM »
I wonder what he has to say now.
Ah could tell you exactly what they said,Dick Howard say this is the greatest performance ever by a
concacaf nation ever.Forrest say we get rob by d ref ,and they wish they was in POS  :devil:

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2006, 06:28:22 PM »

Because, they don't have to harp on about it. Do they announce the population size of the other teams when they're playing? No.  ::) It's just like how they always have to mention that Birchall is the first white player in X mount of years....WOW we didn't realise that, boy!!  ::) I don't like when they harp on about how "small" TnT is...it rubs me the wrong way.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline triniboots

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2006, 07:05:43 PM »
SMALL COUNTRY - BIG PASSION

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2006, 07:17:53 PM »

Because, they don't have to harp on about it. Do they announce the population size of the other teams when they're playing? No.  ::) It's just like how they always have to mention that Birchall is the first white player in X mount of years....WOW we didn't realise that, boy!!  ::) I don't like when they harp on about how "small" TnT is...it rubs me the wrong way.

T&T in the World Cup is significant .  They are the smallest nation ever to qualify.  The fact that a nation of only 1 million people could field a team in this competion says a lot about the skills and talents and determination of our country.  And that is underscored by the references to the size of the nation.  I have a theory that three factors contribute to the overall success of a football nation.  1) population size (u need to have a large base to produce a large number of skilled players).  2) Presence of a professional league.  3) Commitment from the government in the form of $$$ pumped into the sport.  Off the top, we have a small population and yet we have fielded a team that tied Sweden.  Dat is dam good and de fact dat we small and ting mean dat is NEWS worth reportin.  Dey could harp all they want ... dat is their problem.

Offline saheedabdool

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2006, 08:05:07 PM »
Well nobody really expected us to hold our ground against such a offensive team like sweden. We got one or two good chances to score as well. But their tone really did change at the end of the game. However, the main point of this thread is that a BASEBALL commentator had something negative to say against our team on the day before the game. He was way out of line and WAY out of his league to say a sarcastic comment about the probable score envolving the TNT vs. Sweden game. He didn't say anything about the population size, but nevertheless, the comments were made. I even heard that the host from Breakfast Television on CP24 in Toronto, had something to say as well, but he apologized the day later. It just isn't professional for these people who know jack shit about football to be running their mouths.

That is why I want us to let the network know that they were out of line. They should show TNT the same respect that they show every other country, no matter what the odds.

P.S. FOR CANADIAN VIEWERS: the game is replaying right now on tsn. I think the encore started at around 9/9:30! Enjoy and Celebrate!

Come June 15th, we are no longer underdogs, but competition to a weak English team (if your saw the England game, they played horrible).

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2006, 08:08:32 PM »
Well nobody really expected us to hold our ground against such a offensive team like sweden. We got one or two good chances to score as well. But their tone really did change at the end of the game. However, the main point of this thread is that a BASEBALL commentator had something negative to say against our team on the day before the game. He was way out of line and WAY out of his league to say a sarcastic comment about the probable score envolving the TNT vs. Sweden game. He didn't say anything about the population size, but nevertheless, the comments were made. I even heard that the host from Breakfast Television on CP24 in Toronto, had something to say as well, but he apologized the day later. It just isn't professional for these people who know jack shit about football to be running their mouths.

That is why I want us to let the network know that they were out of line. They should show TNT the same respect that they show every other country, no matter what the odds.

P.S. FOR CANADIAN VIEWERS: the game is replaying right now on tsn. I think the encore started at around 9/9:30! Enjoy and Celebrate!

Come June 15th, we are no longer underdogs, but competition to a weak English team (if your saw the England game, they played horrible).

Fully agree. Canada ever even make de World Cup?
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2006, 08:43:09 PM »
Toppa girl , yes  they did ,86

Or hor, okay. Buh dem still eh dey dis time so dey cah say much.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 02:18:54 AM »
me doh business I cuss he ass anyway. doh f**k wis Trinbago.....

Roger what his name is an asshole. Retarded to say the least and not a football guru. How did you like my 10 man Trini side holding de big Sweden to a nil nil draw. must have really roast your rooster. Well Mr Roger so and so you can put that in your pipe and smoke it. England is next. Lets see how much shit you talk this time around Idiot. 

My post to Roger so and so...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 07:08:51 AM »

Fully agree. Canada ever even make de World Cup?

Yes - Mexico 1986.  Lost all three Stage 1 games to USSR (2-0), Hungary (2-0) and France (1-0).  Did not score any goals.

As far as the Baseball commentator making derogatory remarks about T&T ... I agree with your comments and will send feedback to the network.  But I take no umbrage when people call us small, tiny, not expected to win etc... that is reality but they have to say it with respect.    That is the issue I suppose .. the lack of respect or the tone they take when they talk about us.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Now the toronto Sun dissing we
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2006, 09:00:32 AM »
You does actually spend money on dat garbage??

De sun is ah right wing rag dat does diss anyting from the carribbean.... any paper dat does have to put naked gyal in it to sell papers really eh worth man time

dat diss seem to come from steve buffooney rather than the sun itself.....I really could care less

It had man dat does post on here on ah regular say worse ting...dem is de men to email and cuss
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Kingk

• Hero Warrior
  • Warriors 4ever
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 09:12:00 AM »
 :rotfl: he prob wanted to see da sunshine girl lol

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 09:16:42 AM »
i should email them and say with a big F you and have a nice day.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 09:37:46 AM »
u reading dat garbaage(saying ti wiht ha french accent). better u read de bomb or de blast ofrom trini yes. i not even telling them nuttin less thye feel ppl with common sense does pay them any serious mind. no offence to u.. ;D
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 10:20:03 AM »

Steve Buffery say "Trinidad and Tobago is also listed as 2000 to 1 to get electricity by the year 2010."

Any body who would say that is a total nincompoop and a big idiot.  He don't know that Trinidad and Tobago is the economic bread basket of the Caribbean with a oil industry and unemployment rate similar to Canada.  Somebody tell that fool that almoost every village in TT has had electricity for 30 years. But ah go save me nervous energy to support the Warriors and ah hope we embarass them the next time we play them.  Go Warriors!  Long live T&T!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

1]; } ?>