April 29, 2024, 06:19:28 AM

Author Topic: Anybody know if David Austin still playing?  (Read 18878 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody know if David Austin still playing?
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2005, 10:11:39 AM »
Brent Bennet went Bourg (San Juan).  Or was it Sheldon Bennett that went Bourg???

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2005, 10:12:34 AM »
Football King...Is it you Juma...

Jahyouth...My brother Sheldon went to San Juan...Not me....Supposedly he was better... :)
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2005, 10:14:10 AM »
Football king...Juma is that you...

My brother Sheldon play for San Juan....Supposedly he was better  :)
Arimian to meh heart

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2005, 10:14:30 AM »
nah Sean brother i meet you once in JMU u went with Ivan
tha man was real good too another case in point

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2005, 10:20:16 AM »
Sheldon and Brent Bennet was two different players man.  Hard to compare.  But still men go say Sheldon was the boss dey as he come first and bring Bourg to the big times in college league.

where papa is now?  last I see him was Brooklyn about 3 years ago.  He finish play?  (Dat man coulda drink ah rum boy!!!)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2005, 10:23:09 AM »
i cannot recall you  i was young back then .Arimaman I though when u mentioned Marvin raeburn you was a secondary school player around the same time as him.Oh and marvin reaburn was not that great .We used to play against him on the road side in belmont (small goal)  and he was not all that a player in my opinion he was average that was when i say was 13 14 .
Shawn garcia was good player from back in the day to.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2005, 10:25:33 AM »
Football King...you met me at JMU....Can't remember... Keep up the good work on the forum though..

Jayyouth..Papa living in Houston...still a wildman though..

Where the hell is Shawn Garcia....he played for QRC
Arimian to meh heart

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 07, 2005, 10:28:15 AM »
WAS visiting meh brother Sean he used to asst coach the JMU track team
u mark ellis, andre from qrc all yuh had the finland or swedish midfielder he was a real baller forget he name

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 07, 2005, 10:32:18 AM »
I play in QRC (90 - 92) with Garcia.  last I hear he was in New York like the rest of the people who yuh eh see in years in Trinidad.

Arimaman, you play the exibition game in the velodrome between QRC and Arima when we put tears in allyuh eye?

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2005, 10:41:33 AM »
Football King.....Sheron..Sean's brother..I now know who you are...Sean and I are still good friends.

Jahyouth...When I played for Arima, the only North Zone team that beat us was Malick and their non-student players.. :)
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2005, 10:53:20 AM »
lOOK how man cathcing up on old time nuh man .jahyouth football king arimaman remember  if any ah allyuh sons become good enough  to represent the usa at youth level suggest to them the option of playing trinidad and tobago also.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2005, 11:26:26 AM »
Arima Man,
I play with Saints (87-90) team (men like Moze, Cummings, Rocke, Jack) and I remember dat Arima squad dat was a big squad between 88-90, with you, Papa and Carrington, as a man from D'abadie, I used to back allyuh and Gustine in de east.  Saints gave you all a nice run in de velodrome in de big 7, but ah tink Arima be us 2-0 on some real dubious officiaiting.  Still respect due to dat squad, ah believe Mickey was in dat squad too? (RIP)..

Big up to the the saints '91 team dat win everything it had up for grabs.. Jason Rocke led the colleges league in scoring dat year..

QRC...as ah saints man..ah have to say 'haul allyuh ....' but allyuh had a big squad too wit Garcia, Ezebe (destroy real men de year allyuh  beat saints 5-0 on QRC grounds), Checkey and Alibey(?)...nice squad but en make no noise on de national scene...
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2005, 11:52:26 AM »
Uprising...

Darrah Mose live in the ATL...He used to play in ah over 30 league with me but ah cyar find him no more...

By the way, we didn't win 2-0 vs Saints with dubious refereeing....If wasn't was BSC and his arrogance, we would have had our full squad against Malick and would ah give them a whopping...

Anyway if you remember, BSC told all the players on the U20 squad that they had to discontinue playing in the Big 7...naturally I choose not to follow that knuckhead (not that I was good enought to make the team anyway)....but in the famous words of BSC as he told me back then "no guts no glory"...what a cliche..

If I meet BSC now, I'll ask him where did most of the U20 players end up...At least I'm doing ok in the US...

Go figure!!
Arimian to meh heart

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2005, 12:01:59 PM »
Arima man,
You sound like tings nice down dat side in ATL, how de job scene down dey?  De reason I ask, is dat my wife (American, she went to Clark ATL) want to move down dey bad bad, but it have to have work for man to do dred.   Children to feed.  It helps that there is ah over 30 league wit men of some pedigree playing in..right now I en ah over30 in DE, wit another trini brethren and real tunning up men...real kicks..but de league en really have no shottas...only when yuh come across teams with mexicans and west indians yuh does get ah nice sweat..

Who else from dat era (85-92) living down dat side??

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2005, 12:15:13 PM »
Uprising....

It have plenty breathren down here.  Things nice...leh meh stop saying that b/c ah sounding like a trini when dey go back to home. 

Actually, things were much better 5 years ago, pre 9/11 but if you were able to get a steady job, it's the best place in America to live. 

I eh leaving the ATL for nothin... Yuh have good weather, reasonably priced housing, plenty football (we even have a Caribbean Soccer League of which I too old to play...too damn competitive) and a good trini and west indian community....

If yuh remember Keston Lambert (St Anthony's) his brother Bandy down here, Kevin Barrow from Pleasantville, among other fellas..

Yuh should come visit sometime...
Arimian to meh heart

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2005, 12:26:12 PM »
If yuh remember Keston Lambert (St Anthony's) his brother Bandy down here, Kevin Barrow from Pleasantville, among other fellas..

Yuh should come visit sometime...

Arimaman,

Kevin Barrow still sweating with one of atl silverbacks team?

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2005, 12:39:25 PM »
Arima,
Yeah man, I go ha to come thru, I have some family living down dat side, I think they in the Buckhead? area...was down there 2 years ago (before man marrid) and had ah time...I really hear dat de housing reasonable, and life in general breezy down there, ofcourse jus like everywhere else ATL has its problems.. i could imagine how dat Caribbean league competitive, but I always say i looking to play in a league (because man have to play ball) dat it en no horrors to go to work de nex day, man en trying to get mash up. .. for what?  Ay, coaching wise, plenty youth clubs down dey?  Right now I coaching a U14 boys travel team, dat is de nex best ting, coaching when yuh career/glory days behind yuh..

I went to Davis and Elkins ( and then WVU) i believe your JMU coach, Martin is ah D&E alumni?  We scrimmage allyuh either in 92 or 93? needless to say we got a nice portion... Isham was there when you were still at JMU?  Nice player, developed well (once he started to take things seriously)...he was a couple years behind me at saints..

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kevin Barrow
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2005, 12:47:46 PM »

He plays fuh de Atlanta Silverbacks Reserves.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2005, 12:54:10 PM »
Anyway if you remember, BSC told all the players on the U20 squad that they had to discontinue playing in the Big 7...naturally I choose not to follow that knuckhead (not that I was good enought to make the team anyway)....but in the famous words of BSC as he told me back then "no guts no glory"...what a cliche..

If I meet BSC now, I'll ask him where did most of the U20 players end up...At least I'm doing ok in the US...

Go figure!!

Arima,
It have man on de board who does dispute BCS ability as a coach. some man say he was never really de coach of de U-20, Gally was de real man behind de success of dat team.  what say you. set de record straight.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2005, 12:54:19 PM »

I went to Davis and Elkins ( and then WVU) i believe your JMU coach, Martin is ah D&E alumni?  We scrimmage allyuh either in 92 or 93? needless to say we got a nice portion...

UPRISING, you went that bobolee school D&E boy?  I played for Wheeling.  Big rivalry there, but we always beating allyuh.  Real good football in that conference in those days.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Barrow
« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2005, 12:55:45 PM »

He plays fuh de Atlanta Silverbacks Reserves.

Thanks...U not easy..it have anything u don't know.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2005, 01:11:38 PM »
Futbol fan, whoever tell yuh gally had control of the U20 WC team on some serious drugs.   BSC had total control.  As a matter of fact I don't even believe BSC and Gally had a good relationship.

Fundamentally, I think BSC is good, however, these guys coach on intimidation.  You can get away with than w/ kids but not with grown men.  Personally, I like the man as a coach b/c I think he helped me a lot but to coach a WC team on the senior level no way...Is better we bring my college coach from James Madison. 

BSC has too many favorites....that's all I'll say.

By the way Kevin Barrow is a solid player w/ little or no discipline which is why he will never really reach far.  I told him that too....  If Kevin would become disciplined both on and off the field, the sky could be the limit for him.  Trust me, I had no where the type of skill he had plus he is a genuine finisher...
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2005, 01:12:48 PM »
Uprising if i'm not mistaken,just interested in trying to know who you are because i think i at one time was the assistant Coach at D&E during the time you were there.Brent i just want to say hi! to Sheldon,i'm now in Norfolk Va.  

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2005, 01:13:24 PM »
Jahyouth,
Dis board en easy at all dred, I thought I could slide when I reference D&E, but i see nothing en safe wit allyuh men...but you is mih brethren because as see we have de same taste in logo...

Yes good football in that league back in dem days, we had a gang ah trinis on we squad, bu couldn't beat wheeling and charleston (we beat dem once in my 3yrs and it was mas in Elkins!)... it was a nice squad , good mix (if Sherwood had stay, who knows) but we had Dyer/Mitchell/Jones (pres), Hilaire (Naps), Gatt / O'Neil (saints), Findlay (Fatima)... so yuh swear we woulda mash up real teams..we did alright except for those local rivalries..is dem blastid white girls in WV dred, to be honest wit yuh...man brushin before training and ting (I en calling no names, I en able wit dis board)...man late for de bus to go to match b/c he want ah las lix before we hit de road...yuh know how it go....I imagine is de same ting up in Wheeling...allyuh had a nice squad fi real...ah mus say for ah place behind God back like WV, TT was well represented in de 90's...

Bless

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2005, 01:18:32 PM »
KenwynCooper13:  Is this "coach" Kenwyn Cooper of San Juan fame?
Arimian to meh heart

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2005, 01:24:55 PM »
Arima,
I agree wit your comment on Bertille as a coach, he ran things based on intimidation for real, which works to a certain point. I was in de squad (88) that train for the U17 qualifier tourney in the caribbean dat had Nixon, Pacheco, Papa , Kevin Moze, Garcia, Carrington, Webb and some other big namses (that is the team that qualify for the U20 tournament).  As a new comer / 'small name' to the national scene it was real hard to break into that nucleus of players and Bertile had clear favorites, men get so comfortable that they did not hav to train as hard as de rest of us...that will always cause strife in a team... was one of de las men dropped from de 25 in training (they took 20 to the tounament).  That experience will always stay wit me, b/c it was the hardest I ever train, it was an exercise in 'mental toughness', yuh not only had to impress the coach but de men in de nucleus as well..

Cannot say that BSC is a bad coach though, but he could stand to give his players some of the control that he has a hunger for...

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2005, 01:27:39 PM »
Arima,

thanks fuh setting de record straight. certain man on de board who claim to have insider info ;) ;) say dat Gally was de man behind de team. So now dat we have ah player on de board ah jus picking yuh brain. thanks fuh de info.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2005, 01:29:40 PM »
Coach Cooper,
O'Neil.  I played under you and McCrey (Bigney) at D&E..thanks for all those runs through de hills...madness...but men was fit though.

How tings?  Good to hear you on the forum...

I hope I did not expose too many men with any of these posts..everything I said please put "allegedly" before it....I know nothing!

I am in Delaware wit the wife and 2 boys... still in touch with Duane and the fellas

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 07, 2005, 01:32:49 PM »
Futbol fan, whoever tell yuh gally had control of the U20 WC team on some serious drugs.   BSC had total control.  As a matter of fact I don't even believe BSC and Gally had a good relationship.

Fundamentally, I think BSC is good, however, these guys coach on intimidation.  You can get away with than w/ kids but not with grown men.  Personally, I like the man as a coach b/c I think he helped me a lot but to coach a WC team on the senior level no way...Is better we bring my college coach from James Madison. 

BSC has too many favorites....that's all I'll say.

By the way Kevin Barrow is a solid player w/ little or no discipline which is why he will never really reach far.  I told him that too....  If Kevin would become disciplined both on and off the field, the sky could be the limit for him.  Trust me, I had no where the type of skill he had plus he is a genuine finisher...

I agree with you about Kevin Barrow.  I have known him since primary school, he was head above shoulders since then.  He did not get much props back home because he played school football in south.  Discipline was ah problem since primary school.

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 07, 2005, 01:34:46 PM »
Fellas, is Coach Cooper the coach who Coach San Juan when LeGendre and Marlos Thomas and them play?

Wha' alyuh think this is a D&E message board o' wha :)

This thing addictive, let meh get back to work..
Arimian to meh heart

1]; } ?>