April 28, 2024, 02:24:43 PM

Author Topic: whitley should start  (Read 4981 times)

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
whitley should start
« on: June 12, 2006, 08:31:20 AM »
no doubt he should start against england. it looked like he was still struggling a bit from the last injury but still when he came on you could see he was a cut above theobald and birchall both in defending and in attack and he lost no speed. he was just a bit more tentative tackling. then he has a few more days to recover and then take on england.

he appeared very confident and his passes to cornell were very very accurate. which was best for us because we were outnumbered. i'm  not surprised by that because he played for years with glen at jabloteh and they know each other well.

one time during the match he put a slick beat on a man on the sideline ( push the ball past and skipped around him) then put a nice left footed cross he didnt look injured to me then. to me he looked good enough going forward to be able to create opportunities for the strikers and we all know what he could do in defensive mid if yorke wants to go forward.

what u all think? should be start or not?

Offline vibetrini

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: whitley should start
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 08:45:17 AM »
I doh think anyone would disagree with u here pardner... i hope latas and wise get a run against England.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 08:59:27 AM »
Not understandign why Theobald is now considered a starter above Whitley. The most I can determine is that maybe Beenhaaker beleives that Theobald is better able to concentrate on defending for 90 minutes moreso than Whitley can. Whitley is more likely to try a dribble and lose the ball than Theobald (even tho he rarely does so) so it is better to give him less than 90 minutes so he wil be less liable to make a mistake or have a lapse in concentration at a crucial moment.

Other than that possiblity, I can't see anything possible that might have Theobald on the field over Whitley.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 09:10:54 AM »
denzil is solid he is jus dere to give de team it's shape and  play simple
he is not a creator like whitley

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 09:29:22 AM »
i agree with starting whitely

denzil provides nothing going foward and if beenie sticks with a 4 5 1 then stern is always more isolated without whitely on the field

now i must give props to denzil for keeping shape and playing pass number one quickly  but as he comes more into the attacking third his attempted dribbles are fruitless and iff pass number one is closed down he seems to ont kno where to go

many exasparated looks came in his direction when he lost the ball after some good build ups between avery and samuel
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 09:42:58 AM »
i like how theobald started but he faded quickly and gave away too many balls.

lampard and gerrard will take theobald out of the game and every team is already prepared to deny birchall his 'bullet' goal - you could see that the swedes planned well for him to close him down once he entered the attacking third. but they can't plan so easily for whitley because he is unpredictable - more of an enigma, he can keep the ball or take them on as well as fall back to deep midfield and just cover make interceptions and force turnovers while yorke goes up and does the damage. so he can help us keep offensive and defensive shape.

i agree shotta, - what whitley did for stern against mexico by creating two opportunities for him to score is enough proof that he can be crucial if beenkakker sticks with a 4-5-1.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 09:43:55 AM »
I think the issue is Dwight Yorke

I think Yorke wants to play in the Holding Role and hence no space for whitley.

If you look at where Yorke is positioning himself it is right where whiltey ususally plays.

Start Whitley Bench Theobald and push Yorke up.

Yorke need to have faith in his teamates and stop playing safe.

He trying to protect the defence too much when we need him to drive the offence.

If you watch closely at how Yorke is playing he is basically saying.

"Let me stay back and stop these men case these men looking shaky in the back"

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 09:53:22 AM »
hhhmmm....u are probably right but i really think that after the mexico game, it is clear that whitley can help to drive the offense too. so we dont lose anything by having them both on the field at the same time.

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 01:59:16 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly .. Whitley shoudl start..once fit!..Not sure what the extent of his injury is / was but if he is fit he is a better option than Theo..
It was Theo's bad pass on top of the box that forced Dwight to have to dive into the foul early in the first half right on the edge of the box (it could have almost been a PK) ... Whitley has more confidence than Theo and would do well pushing forward ...

If we play 4-5-1 then let Whitley play in front of Yorke and Birchall in the middle ..let him be the midfielder tucked in behind Stern / Jones or Glenn...he is good enough to beat his man and create a shot for himself...look at the goals so far in the cup...men HITTING from distance with success ..  let Birchall and Whitley leggo ... Yorke have to play in front of the defence to settle them men down in the back ...Sancho -2nd runner up for MOTM - must partner Lawrence in the back....give Dog a rest...

Do not move Edwards to right back ..he cannot play there for 90...the biggest matchups are Crouch vs. Lawrence and Edwards vs Cole... yuh heard it hear 1st..

Proud to be a Trinbagonian!!!!!!!
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline dwn

• Hero Warrior
  • "Hands that help are holier than lips that pray"
    • View Profile
    • Arsenal Now!
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 02:05:57 PM »

If you look at where Yorke is positioning himself it is right where whiltey ususally plays.

He trying to protect the defence too much when we need him to drive the offence.

I'd like to think that that is the coach's call.

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 02:33:57 PM »
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. A half fit Whitley is still as better starting option than Bleeder.

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 04:25:04 PM »
i like how theobald started but he faded quickly and gave away too many balls.

lampard and gerrard will take theobald out of the game and every team is already prepared to deny birchall his 'bullet' goal - you could see that the swedes planned well for him to close him down once he entered the attacking third. but they can't plan so easily for whitley because he is unpredictable - more of an enigma, he can keep the ball or take them on as well as fall back to deep midfield and just cover make interceptions and force turnovers while yorke goes up and does the damage. so he can help us keep offensive and defensive shape.

i agree shotta, - what whitley did for stern against mexico by creating two opportunities for him to score is enough proof that he can be crucial if beenkakker sticks with a 4-5-1.

Absolutely right that the england mid field have planned for Yorke and Me Mum ... so we need an alternative ... Whitley, Wise and Glenn can pull it off b/c the Brits dfont know what to expext from them ... i will be surprised if Yorke and Me MuM don't get alot of attention ... plus with Glenn AND Stern up front it will put off Terry and Rio so they will jkust be trying to clear the ball and not play exact passes into midfiled ... ah vex that Avery get carded buh say wah
Snake in de balliser

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 04:28:33 PM »
i agree with starting whitely

denzil provides nothing going foward and if beenie sticks with a 4 5 1 then stern is always more isolated without whitely on the field

now i must give props to denzil for keeping shape and playing pass number one quickly  but as he comes more into the attacking third his attempted dribbles are fruitless and iff pass number one is closed down he seems to ont kno where to go

many exasparated looks came in his direction when he lost the ball after some good build ups between avery and samuel

no such word  :-\ :devil:

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 05:48:22 PM »
theobald is starting over whittley because aurtis form was on d  decline since we qualified but he was still starting then he got injured lost his place and now has to work back 4 it.....plain and simple
when ever he is back 2 full match fitness he will get back his starting spot
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 06:39:25 PM »

I hope that you are on kicks...Everybody knows by now that Whitley has been carring an injury. Who else will you put to play the defensice midfield role...surely not Theobald, what about Latapy ???....Once Whitley is fit he will fall back in and Yorke will play a more advanced role. Until then we have to suck some salt and pray that he get fit soon.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 07:18:00 PM »
Whitely over Thoebold any day my fellow Warriors

I saw a couple instances where Thoebald,tried to dribble and lost the ball,to me it appeared that the atmosphere was beyond him,after loosing the ball he stood there with his hand on his hips,maybe waiting for his picture to be taking,or was he wondering why the ball was taken away form him,instead of tracking back to at least slow down the forward progress of the ball by Sweden
To me in Whitely we have a more well rounded player in every aspect of the game and judging what he showed when he came on,I would like to see him be the starter instead of Theobald

Offline richpy

• Sr. Warrior
  • *Marta is ah boss*
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 07:42:25 PM »
Yorke should remain in that role i.e. just in front de defence. Leave him dey! Whitley should be allowed to attack and create. Leave Dog on the bench-Sancho should start. Colin Samuel for left-back and Wise for left wing, or vice-versa.
Ketch footballitis

Offline rippin

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 08:46:02 PM »
Whitley came off the bench and fit into the team chemistry immediately. He wasn't star struck, he was taking on men and putting in his tackles. He doh care who it is he playing and what is their history he confident that he can over come. Bleeder play bout 60 minutes never fit into the chemistry and was very tentative in his play.

Beenie is the boss. So at the end of the day Beenie will do what Beenie thinks is best.

P.S.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/stats/index.html

Look Yorke second on the top tacklers list and Shaka second ont the saves list.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 09:07:01 PM by rippin »
Genius is one per cent inspiration, ninety-nine per cent perspiration. (Thomas A. Edison )

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 11:54:25 PM »
no doubt he should start against england. it looked like he was still struggling a bit from the last injury but still when he came on you could see he was a cut above theobald and birchall both in defending and in attack and he lost no speed. he was just a bit more tentative tackling. then he has a few more days to recover and then take on england.

he appeared very confident and his passes to cornell were very very accurate. which was best for us because we were outnumbered. i'm  not surprised by that because he played for years with glen at jabloteh and they know each other well.

one time during the match he put a slick beat on a man on the sideline ( push the ball past and skipped around him) then put a nice left footed cross he didnt look injured to me then. to me he looked good enough going forward to be able to create opportunities for the strikers and we all know what he could do in defensive mid if yorke wants to go forward.

what u all think? should be start or not?

this is World cup this is not aBOUT MAN GETTING TO RUN OR TAKE A SWEAT the best team should start and end a game end ah story.
All American

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006, 01:21:50 AM »

this is World cup this is not aBOUT MAN GETTING TO RUN OR TAKE A SWEAT the best team should start and end a game end ah story.

well said and this is what  we see. maybe it is better whitley come off the bench. what beenie says goes..

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2006, 04:28:08 AM »
theobald was a failure,he gave away the ball much too easily and too often,plus he did not create any thing going forward,please beenie start whitley

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2006, 08:40:52 AM »
hope he can, but as i starting to realise competition for spots real tight on this team, the bench real deep

Offline firebun

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 10:25:04 AM »
Whitely over Thoebold any day my fellow Warriors

I saw a couple instances where Thoebald,tried to dribble and lost the ball,to me it appeared that the atmosphere was beyond him,after loosing the ball he stood there with his hand on his hips,maybe waiting for his picture to be taking,or was he wondering why the ball was taken away form him,instead of tracking back to at least slow down the forward progress of the ball by Sweden
To me in Whitely we have a more well rounded player in every aspect of the game and judging what he showed when he came on,I would like to see him be the starter instead of Theobald

true dat.  I notice dat too.
Ah feel Whitley go score a goal against England
In fact, watch out for Whitley, Edwards and Birchall, either one scoring in this first rounds.
San Juan possee

1]; } ?>