April 18, 2024, 05:06:01 AM

Author Topic: Stern John: T&T ready to shock England  (Read 8990 times)

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Stern John: T&T ready to shock England
« on: June 12, 2006, 08:55:46 AM »
Stern John: T&T ready to shock England

Coventry striker Stern John believes Trinidad and Tobago can surprise England on Thursday in Nuremberg.

John, 29, put in a solid shift as the lone attacker as the World Cup newcomers surprised Sweden by taking a point with a 0-0 draw.

He said: 'We know the England game will be very tough.

'You are only as good as your last game but we ground out a result against Sweden and hopefully we can build on it.

'We won some fans in our opening match and that was important.

'People who have been watching all over the world will be talking about this and Trinidad and Tobago players for years to come.'

Gillingham defender Brent Sancho, who replaced the injured Marvin Andrews, is also quietly confident going into the England clash.

He said: 'No-one expected us to get a result against Sweden but we always believed in ourselves. Who knows what can happen now?

'Getting a draw against Sweden is the biggest moment in our footballing lives but hopefully it will get even better in this tournament.'

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Midfield must play to Stern strengths!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 09:38:12 AM »
Every SocaWarrior knows that Stern John is a big time finisher. Wether yuh is a fan of Stern or not when big time goals are spoken about Stern name must call. Sometimes we forget Stern is not de man to pick up dat ball in midfield, beat one or two and slot but rather Stern feeds on good passes, his ability to receive and finish in addition to his ability to "hit de Leather"....  Stern John needs good passing and movement from de midfielders to assist him up front and de midfield did not do that. 

Having said that: a note to Stern....

Stern de warriors rate yuh skills, we only ask that yuh  be more flexible in thinking out of de box.  remember dat goal  in 98 yuh score in Blanchieuse.
remember how dat ball bounce bad over yuh left shoulder an yuh do a spiderman and up in de V's........    remember dat goal yuh score from de half line in Columbus crew.   De goal against Mexico.....Yuh bigger than your poaching ability yuh is a fella  that could do more remember dat.
Talk to Carlos and Samuels, tell them fellas how yuh like it. Yuh name is bount to score Stern and we go need dat from yuh this rounds.

P.S.  Latas have to get a sweat or Beenie go see how fast Trinis does get different..  remember Eddie Murphy
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Midfield must play to Stern strengths!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 06:08:02 PM »
Every SocaWarrior knows that Stern John is a big time finisher. Wether yuh is a fan of Stern or not when big time goals are spoken about Stern name must call. Sometimes we forget Stern is not de man to pick up dat ball in midfield, beat one or two and slot but rather Stern feeds on good passes, his ability to receive and finish in addition to his ability to "hit de Leather"....  Stern John needs good passing and movement from de midfielders to assist him up front and de midfield did not do that. 

Having said that: a note to Stern....

Stern de warriors rate yuh skills, we only ask that yuh  be more flexible in thinking out of de box.  remember dat goal  in 98 yuh score in Blanchieuse.
remember how dat ball bounce bad over yuh left shoulder an yuh do a spiderman and up in de V's........    remember dat goal yuh score from de half line in Columbus crew.   De goal against Mexico.....Yuh bigger than your poaching ability yuh is a fella  that could do more remember dat.
Talk to Carlos and Samuels, tell them fellas how yuh like it. Yuh name is bount to score Stern and we go need dat from yuh this rounds.

P.S.  Latas have to get a sweat or Beenie go see how fast Trinis does get different..  remember Eddie Murphy

Serious point there.
But Stern, shhhhhhhhh. Don't let them know that yuh go score 4 times nah!  Learn to keep a secret!

GO Soca Warriors!
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: Stern John: T&T ready to shock England
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 06:32:16 PM »
stern better eh start bumping he gum and then look like de us. he should let the ball do de tlkaing like last time.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 07:22:11 PM »
stern better eh start bumping he gum and then look like de us. he should let the ball do de tlkaing like last time.

I doh think he bumping he gum. All sportsmen thrive on confidence and psychological momentum.  His words:

'We know the England game will be very tough.

'You are only as good as your last game but we ground out a result against Sweden and hopefully we can build on it.

'People who have been watching all over the world will be talking about this and Trinidad and Tobago players for years to come.'

Show repect for the opponent yet aknowledges the team's achievment and thereby the validity of the team's dreams of getting a result against England. He isn't underestimating the English and neither is he overly inflating the Soca Warriors' ego.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 07:29:51 PM by Jah Gol »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 07:23:54 PM »

I doh think he bumping he gum. All sportsmen thrive on confidence and psychological momentum.  His words:

'We know the England game will be very tough.

Show repect for the opponent yet aknowledges the teamss achievment and thereby the validity of the team's dreams of getting a result against England. He isn't underestimating the English and neither is he overly inflating the Soca Warriors' ego.
u right....u shoulda read more than de thread name .lol  stand corrected.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline TnTPebbles

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 09:39:20 PM »
Stern make sure to represent like a true John on Thursday.  :beermug: We all know Stern got that true warrior spirit within him.  Keep your heads up and doh act like allyuh fraid dem.  ;)
Go for the goal baby.  ;)

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2006, 09:57:54 PM »
Stern Stern if ya happen to read this thread in dey near future, well before Thursday.....do one ting for dey Cana

Don't rise meh pressure please...
Doh say " TnT ready to shock nobody" and next thing come Thursday afternoon meh lip long and ah blasted vex.

Wait until Thursday afternoon to say "We going and SHOCK Paraguay JUST like we did England"

Thanking you in advance..

Cana

ps tell Shaka ah find he hot especially when he take off he jerzzy and expose he chest

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2006, 10:37:23 PM »
wha go surprise me is if he play good

Més que un club.

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 12:03:04 AM »
tell stern if he going to open he mouth ,he need to take part in de bloody game and don't sit upfront and wait for de ball to come to he.because like sweden game he will never get it cause it is very easy to defend him when its one attacking player against 4 defenders and the back 4 of england ain't nuthing to sneeze at.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 12:18:23 AM by SITCALM »
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline paddy

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 12:12:54 AM »
Stern played a great game on Saturday...He wast strong and fearless against Millberg & co......only a matter of time befoire he puts one away.

GO SOCA WARRIORS!!!!!

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 12:16:30 AM »
DID U WATCH THE SAME GAME I WATCH CAUSE I CAN'T RECALL THE GOOD GAME YOUR TALKIN ABOUT CORNELL GLEN CAME OF THE BENCH AND WAS MORE PRODUCTIVE IN THAT LIL SPACE OF TIME.DON'T GET IT TWISTED I THINK STERN IS GOOD,BUT HE IS JUST LAZY !
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 12:18:04 AM by SITCALM »
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline easy-j

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 02:29:09 AM »
I was in the Stadium and I have to say that Stern played a very good match.
He gave the team the possibility to play long passes when they felt pressure in the defence and he got his head on nearly all of these balls because he always positioned himself very smart and helped T&T to enter the swedish half of the pitch.
I know that he had no real actions in front of the Goal. But he was really hardworking and the defenders were concentrated on him. In that way he created room for his teammates.
I just want some of you to recognize that a striker should not always be judged by the number of his goals cause there are many other things he can do for a team. Against Sweden Stern did a good job in the way he played. Against a taem like Paraguay I expect him to play a different role.

Big up Stern you did well

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 03:54:04 AM »
I was in the Stadium and I have to say that Stern played a very good match.
He gave the team the possibility to play long passes when they felt pressure in the defence and he got his head on nearly all of these balls because he always positioned himself very smart and helped T&T to enter the swedish half of the pitch.
I know that he had no real actions in front of the Goal. But he was really hardworking and the defenders were concentrated on him. In that way he created room for his teammates.
I just want some of you to recognize that a striker should not always be judged by the number of his goals cause there are many other things he can do for a team. Against Sweden Stern did a good job in the way he played. Against a taem like Paraguay I expect him to play a different role.

Big up Stern you did well

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 04:28:47 AM »
stern had a descent but still lazy first  half but second half he was no where to be found,did u see italy play luca toni is a big man and yet you see how he was running off the ball and into space,stern need to watch them men.

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 07:32:52 AM »
DID U WATCH THE SAME GAME I WATCH CAUSE I CAN'T RECALL THE GOOD GAME YOUR TALKIN ABOUT CORNELL GLEN CAME OF THE BENCH AND WAS MORE PRODUCTIVE IN THAT LIL SPACE OF TIME.DON'T GET IT TWISTED I THINK STERN IS GOOD,BUT HE IS JUST LAZY !
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 09:56:07 AM »
Stern played a great game on Saturday...He wast strong and fearless against Millberg & co......only a matter of time befoire he puts one away.

GO SOCA WARRIORS!!!!!

what game you watch
look I have the game on DVD, I go give you a copy and you show me the strong and fearless part cause like I miss it

Més que un club.

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 10:07:29 AM »
GO SOCA WARRIORS!!!!!
what game you watch
look I have the game on DVD, I go give you a copy and you show me the strong and fearless part cause like I miss it
I know for a fact that even if Stern was to have the BEST game of his life AND chosen MAN OF THE MASTCH you go say he played SHIT...dis does make me DISGRUNTLED some times oui
yes so true WCT...WE KNOW THE STERN HATERS.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 10:21:30 AM »

GO SOCA WARRIORS!!!!!

what game you watch

So becuz you have de DVD dat means wah ?? you look at de same match all ah we see.You must be ah Stern hater so regardless of what he do you go always hate and will always 'miss it'.
p.s I have de DVD also and I go give you ah copy and ah want yuh to show meh wey he wasn't playing good ....all yuh really good oui, all yuh want to hate then hate joe cole or wayne rooney hate dem, doh hate and puh dong yuh own people/players/heroes every chance yuh get .....Is people like all yuh Stern was reffering to when he cuss after scoring nobody else just the ones that bumping dey gum bout him.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2006, 10:33:11 AM »
oh sorry Berris, I want to introduce you to the WORST HATER in TnT football, Mr DisgruntledTrini. Read my post above.

I hear yuh WestCoast buh yuh sure he's ah Trini, if de man is a Grenadian yuh cyar expect him to like TnT football ...he must hah a reason for de hate after all if was'nt for Stern we eh playing in no WC ...wham he blind or just plain doetish ....
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 10:50:36 AM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 10:42:10 AM »
oh sorry Berris, I want to introduce you to the WORST HATER in TnT football, Mr DisgruntledTrini. Read my post above.

I hear yuh WestCoast buh yuh sure he's ah Trini, if de man is a Grenadian yuh cyar expect him to like TnT football ...he must hah a reason for de hate after all if was'nt for Stern we eh playing in no WC ...wham he blind or just plain doetage ....
Doetage? dais french ent....you went de sorbonne U by any chance?

berris ah see yuh battlin again boy....doh lemmih hadda shook Ato in yuh backside yuh hear  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline paddy

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 10:48:26 AM »

GO SOCA WARRIORS!!!!!

what game you watch

??? I was In Dortmund in a stadium watching the match ....and I watched it on DVD when i got back. And I go out again for Paraguay game to Kaiserlautern...  :)

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2006, 10:53:30 AM »

I hear yuh WestCoast buh yuh sure he's ah Trini, if de man is a Grenadian yuh cyar expect him to like TnT football ...he must hah a reason for de hate after all if was'nt for Stern we eh playing in no WC ...wham he blind or just plain doetage ....
Doetage? dais french ent....you went de sorbonne U by any chance?

berris ah see yuh battlin again boy....doh lemmih hadda shook Ato in yuh backside yuh hear  :rotfl: :rotfl:

ah hear yuh dutty buh ato eh war no part ah  me ..yuh eh see up to now he cyar reply to de spanking he get .... ;D
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2006, 11:05:03 AM »
wait, wait,  allya doh tink is de picture I put up of Ato that make him stop an tink
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

....he might be able to 'stop' buh he eh smart enough to 'tink'
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2006, 11:09:42 AM »
I think Stern can also do more to create space for himself and also make himself a decoy for others to strike.
 No doubt about his finishing he cannot be touched, but he has to get himself free and not just wait for the ball to come to him.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2006, 11:14:18 AM »
Stern need to visit Mother Cornhusk down in Mayaro and take a bush bath, Saturday he look like he was star struck, and did not know what to do since he was on de world biggest stage. He had de worst first touch of any player on de field that day.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2006, 11:16:57 AM »
Stern need to visit Mother Cornhusk down in Mayaro and take a bush bath, Saturday he look like he was star struck, and did not know what to do since he was on de world biggest stage. He had de worst first touch of any player on de field that day.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:...... dis has 2b ah joke ...wat de hell all yuh watching or all yuh just eh know bout football !!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 11:20:33 AM by berris »
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2006, 11:26:43 AM »
brother he get double teamed, tripple teamed ect. I just joking brother.

Offline masterblaster

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2006, 11:27:53 AM »
What a lot of people fail to realize is that Beenie is the BOSS.  He knows what he wants from his players....and there is no doubt in my mind that there is a reason he played Stern as de lone striker against Sweden.  Don't you think Beenie knows enough about players to know what their capabilities are?  He knows Stern is not a 'run at the defender' type of striker, while Cornell and Kenwyne are.

But he wants someone up front who plays the holding role so the defenders have a target man to clear the ball to and the midfield and other strikers(Cornell when he came on), can be fed by Stern.

When the opportunity shows itself, he will put it away!!!

Offline Yellowman

• Jr. Warrior
  • Warrior 4 Life!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2006, 12:16:26 PM »
Let me put in my 2 cents.....

I respect everybody opinion 'haters' and 'lovers' alike but the fact remains that Stern John IS our most prolific goal scorer on the pitch...

given ample service from a more than capable midfield I am sure if we create 4 or 5  chances in the game Stern should be able to convert at least 2....

The only way to answer your critics is to do it on the pitch....

Good luck to my WARRIORS on Thursday.. 
Trinidad & Tobago in the 2006 World Cup Finals?...Impossible Is Nothing...

1]; } ?>