April 26, 2024, 04:11:06 AM

Author Topic: Move carlos out of right back  (Read 4226 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Move carlos out of right back
« on: June 12, 2006, 10:06:19 AM »
He is not playing good defensively and we miss his offense if he have to stay back.

If Dog get back fit we go be ok

Otherwise I not sure who to play especially cause Span is out.

Kenwayne Jones Might be able to hold it down or Maybe put Birchall in the right back

We need carlos up front he go make things happen.

We might have to put in Cox and slide Sancho to Right back cause I fraid to bring in tall fella from W connection he might get purge.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Move carlos out of right back
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 10:07:38 AM »
I think Carlos did a good job defensively.....very tenacious, and had a saving tackle off of Ljungberg..........plus I think he was moved there only because of the red card situation.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 10:10:48 AM »
He is not playing good defensively and we miss his offense if he have to stay back.

Kenwayne Jones Might be able to hold it down or Maybe put Birchall in the right back

We might have to put in Cox and slide Sancho to Right back cause I fraid to bring in tall fella from W connection he might get purge.

I think Ljungberg would disagree
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 10:19:52 AM »
Kicker , "Saving Tackle from Lungburg" Madness

What you need to see is a simple ball rolling across the by line Defender caught in possesion by Lungburg Then he recovers by the skin of his teeth with a tackle from behind.

9 times out of 10 Lungburg slots the ball into the center for a goal or that tackle results in a penalty.

That was very poor defense by carlos.

He need to clear that ball first time when he had the chance.
Good Defenders do not get caught in possesion

Next instance

Cross comes across, His making on Abramovich is poor Shaka makes a great save,

Carlos is a weak spot in the defense Both Positionally and with his tactical decisions.

But this is to be expected as he is a winger.

I am not knocking how he played, he played great, But I want to see him up in the front where his strengths can be used and they will not cause weakness in the back line.

With Avery Out we need to find a wing back so carlos can stay in the right wing.

they only thing that might save us is that Joe Cole cuts in and never goes byline,

But if they use Downing or Cole in an advanced position Carlos will be under pressure.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 10:32:47 AM »
He cannot last a whole 90 defensively because although he made the face saving tackle against Ljunberg, he would not have had to make it in the first place if he had cleared good in the first instance. We don't need that shit again cause it might not come out in his/our favour on the next occasion.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 10:49:55 AM »
I think Carlos did a good job defensively.....very tenacious, and had a saving tackle off of Ljungberg..........plus I think he was moved there only because of the red card situation.

kicker doh try to reason nah
ppl watch a different game and eh realize dat change was forced and not voluntary
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 11:10:24 AM »
Allyuh men talking real shit. Carlos had a brilliant game playing defense.

Where allyuh men feel caros does play for Luton.

ah bunch ah flicking jokers.
 :beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 11:42:16 AM »

Cowen,
Like i tell kicker, doh take on dem men
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 12:36:37 PM »

Cowen,

Good talk marcos...BUUUUTTT
Carlos had a superb game. Sure he made a few errors but you cannot say he was poor defensively or else with the quality Sweden has, he would have been dominated on that right side..and trust me..he was not. Even the greatest defenders get caught out in a game on occasion...This nit-picking is some petty shit....every defender made defensive errors on Sat and got caught out..what? you feel all dem saves Shaka had to make was Carlos fault??? steeups. They were playing with 10 men under some serious pressure...dem boys were well organized and played with heart..and you know they were fatigued and facing a level of football they never experienced in their lives...dat 0-0 score line was brilliant and Carlos was a massive part of that. PLUS...everyone knows Carlos only got moved there because of the red card...most likely beenie go draft in a defender for the next game.

And bringing back Dog would be a mistake...I feel everything happens for a reason. We tied that game because we had Shaka and Sancho  ;) T&T lost Jack and Dog and their replacements played the games of their lives. They have faced the baptism of fire...and know the pace of the WC game and their confidence is sky high...Avery done out..so we probably bringing in a new wing back...to also bring in Dog for Sancho and Jack for Shaka means we will have 2 or 3 new men in the back who have to acclimitize to the pace of the opposition...that is a step backward. No disrespect to Jack and Dog abilities...but that will destroy the chemistry that has been built..we will go back to ahving a 'cold' defense trying to acclimitize for the first 15-20 mnutes of the game against England...bes' we keep the men with WC experience and confidence, who already know what to expect and have proven they can excel in this environment

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 12:38:55 PM »
CAROLS WAS A #%$ GENERAL ON THE RIGHT, HE WAS MY 3RD MAN OF THE MATCH. THAT SCORCHER HE HIT IN THE FIRST HALF WAS SWEET TOO BAD!!!!

Leave meh dog alone, he step to the plate KND talking like Lunjberg and dem from JOE PUBLIC or something, man haul yuh AAAAAASSSSS, Carlos did extremely well based on the calibre of the opposition
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 12:43:39 PM by grskywalker »

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 12:51:47 PM »
In Beenie we trust

Edwards was a total boss at right back, watch de game again
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 04:04:53 PM by Grande man »

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 12:56:00 PM »
Filho I have nuttin against Carlos in d back.
He had a good game.
Only ting is he look lil nervous goin forward and he looked like he had on d wrong boots (real slippin)
I wanted to see some more jinga from him though.
He was hesitant to school them boys.
He has the ability, he just needs the confidence to do it

Offline Filho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 02:19:32 PM »
Filho I have nuttin against Carlos in d back.
He had a good game.
Only ting is he look lil nervous goin forward and he looked like he had on d wrong boots (real slippin)
I wanted to see some more jinga from him though.
He was hesitant to school them boys.
He has the ability, he just needs the confidence to do it

nah horse...is not you I was responding too. I was agreeing with your post when yuh say not to try to reason with the carlos bashers...BUUUT..I still had to say my piece.

peace bredda

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 02:23:16 PM »
KND u serius
u watch de same game as me
carlos RELLL DEFEND
he was my man of de match

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 02:24:08 PM »

I guess you just like ole talk oui ::) ::) This is ah retarded post!!!!!!!!

For WC 2010 maybe we should forego trying to retain Beenie and ask you to coach the team instead! ::)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 02:39:28 PM »
I think he might stay at right back once avery not available. During the warm ups.......he was a consistent replacement there when it could be argued that there are two recognised defenders on the bench. I believe he probably was put there to maintain possesion in the back and to help with the build up. Granted his effectiveness may not be as prominent since he is deeper, but check dis :

When avery john get sub in de warm up game against the austrian club....who came on??? To my recollection it was wise........someone can correct me if i am wrong. Now....placing a man who could cause chaos like wise so deep kinda worse than putting carlos in right back. Wha i feel might happen....the back 4 go be carlos....tallest....sancho.....grey...moving from right to left. Midfield.....wise on the left....birchall yorke......theobald/whitley.....samuels on de left.
That could pay dividends....cuz if the plan is to strangle englands midfield......with gerrard and lampard neutralised in the middle........and joe cole hadda deal with wise....plus get past carlos. Beckham is still a great threat with his long passing....but can be stopped by a defender who doesnt allow him space to make the crosses. Plus....i doubt beckham can content with samuels pace. Added to that....if beckham does make the mistake and get past samuels.....he go bounce up cyd....and we know de result dey....BLADE!!  :devil:  there are still options.....but i leaving that up to beenie to fix. If i was in that suituation....that woulda be my game plan. Added to which we still can have kenwnye jones, cornell glenn and latas coming off the bench, which are 3 substitutions.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 02:54:32 PM »
well KND boy... yuh master talking tootoo boy.  Everybody know you is the king of that now.

How you could say that Carlos Edwards did not have a solid game at right back?  steups  you are a real joker

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 04:09:12 PM »

Cowen,

Good talk marcos...BUUUUTTT
Carlos had a superb game. Sure he made a few errors but you cannot say he was poor defensively or else with the quality Sweden has, he would have been dominated on that right side..and trust me..he was not. Even the greatest defenders get caught out in a game on occasion...This nit-picking is some petty shit....every defender made defensive errors on Sat and got caught out..what? you feel all dem saves Shaka had to make was Carlos fault??? steeups. They were playing with 10 men under some serious pressure...dem boys were well organized and played with heart..and you know they were fatigued and facing a level of football they never experienced in their lives...dat 0-0 score line was brilliant and Carlos was a massive part of that. PLUS...everyone knows Carlos only got moved there because of the red card...most likely beenie go draft in a defender for the next game.

And bringing back Dog would be a mistake...I feel everything happens for a reason. We tied that game because we had Shaka and Sancho  ;) T&T lost Jack and Dog and their replacements played the games of their lives. They have faced the baptism of fire...and know the pace of the WC game and their confidence is sky high...Avery done out..so we probably bringing in a new wing back...to also bring in Dog for Sancho and Jack for Shaka means we will have 2 or 3 new men in the back who have to acclimitize to the pace of the opposition...that is a step backward. No disrespect to Jack and Dog abilities...but that will destroy the chemistry that has been built..we will go back to ahving a 'cold' defense trying to acclimitize for the first 15-20 mnutes of the game against England...bes' we keep the men with WC experience and confidence, who already know what to expect and have proven they can excel in this environment

DAt is good talk ... no disrespect tuh Dog and Jack ...allyuh is meh boys buh fuh dis one allyuh hatta cool it fuh de sake ah de team ... all thouhg ah feel dog go get a bligh ...Jack go hatta chill ... plus Glen stake he claim ...Beenie have a real hard decision tuh make with who playing up front now ... bess play both ah dem yes ... GO BRAVE ...
Snake in de balliser

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 04:49:08 PM »
All yuh stop worrying about who playing, and de position they playing. There is a man called Beenie, he is always full ah surprises, just kick back on Thursday, and watch de ride nah man.   8)  8)
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 05:29:39 PM »

I think Ljungberg would disagree

I think everyone would disagree !!!
This guy should change his TV  ::) ::)

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 07:21:58 PM »

Carlos played well at right back, look at the game again, he is very composed in bringing the ball out of defence and not just kicking the ball out, he stays on his man and dosent let them turn on him, yes he does not have the speed for counter attacking plays but there were no counter attacks as sweden pressured us for the entire game. His composure as a defender is out standing, lawerence has composure too in bring the ball out but frequently becomes shaky trying to much of skill as a backline man (fun to watch though once he gets through) Yorke is the master of composure though all in all carlos held his own given the circumstance.

i must admit though that with him gone from the offence we  must then rely on bleeder and me mum for that and we will not get it from those two forget yourke for now as he seems to be marshalling our defence keeping them together and in check. Me mum is a ball winner and bleeder well only beanie knows his role because none of us seem to know. but i trust beanie

In essance i agree bring carlos back to offence because we need it, goals win matches, three draws aint good enough, it was a good start but its time now to try more, its now do or die unfortinuately its against england but its 11vs 11 and 2+2=3 sometimes five you never know.

However not for a moment would i say that carlos had a bad game at right back, he is the perfect overlapping defender its unfortinuate that we dont have someone to replace him at the right flank so bring him forth

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 08:01:01 PM »

I agree with your point about Carlos' attacking but I want to vehemently oppose that assessment about Carlos not playing good defense. He was one of the best men on the pitch on Saturday he had Zlatan under lock down coming down to the end.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2006, 08:23:18 PM »
OK THIS TOPIC SHOULD BE REMOVED BY THE MODERATORS DUE TO THE GARBAGE I AM SEEING HERE
Move Carlos out of right back??

1.)He does not play that position for T&T usually...it was just one game ..not like he playin RB for T&T long time ........
2.)He is a natural defender for Luton
3.)He stop Ljunberg several crucial times...he look perfect in that spot and he was still able to push up on the wings when required
4.)You are an idiot

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 08:41:22 PM »
allya have to give up rabbit ears and go wid cable oui
what game allya was watchin ???
EVERY single Soca Warrior PLAYED their best as we were DOWN to 10 men early in de second half and IF anyone did not play well the score would have been different.....now really people
EVERY PLAYER ON DE FIELD PLAYED THEIR HEART OUT
who still doh realise dat.....I real sorry for allya
West Coast some fellas dose just talk fuh talking sake..lol

Offline SweetParkie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 08:58:42 PM »
Excuse me ??? Were you drinking during the game? Carlos played so well...stop this 'squat' discussion now!
I dont live in Trinidad and I watched the game with some trini and foreigners and they were all asking who is that player!!! No lie, they called him the vigara man!
Now, remember in the 2nd half this team was playing with 1 man less!!! more pressure on all these players.
I would love to see Carlos play up front doh, because I have faith in midfield he can create plays and make plays...

So loking forward to seeing him play on Thursday!
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy!

Trinidadians unite and respect each other!!!

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 05:02:11 AM »
carlos played great defensively he had the speedy ljunberg in check,jus for u all to know edwards plays right back for his club

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 08:25:44 AM »

:applause:
Thank you dat is what he does play all the time

1]; } ?>