March 29, 2024, 06:25:49 AM

Author Topic: Rooney might be back against T&T  (Read 5053 times)

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
Re: Rooney might be back against T&T
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 05:14:06 PM »
yea heard it last night on Sky Sports News... what ya'll think abt that???i think they kinda hurrying him and he'll either do utter sh!t against us or Dog will just break his foot all over again

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 05:58:41 PM »
yeah boy we defence real throwing blade ah hope rooney stay on d bench 4 his sake
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 09:45:49 PM »

who ever they bring we ready!!!!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Rooney Poised for Trinidad Return
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 10:17:38 PM »
Wayne Rooney's return from injury may come even earlier than previously imagined, with Sven-Goran Eriksson contemplating playing the forward off the bench against Trinidad & Tobago in Nuremberg on Thursday. Eriksson's hand may be forced after his youngest wunderkind, Theo Walcott, reported a calf injury yesterday, ironically after being "smashed" from behind by Wayne Rooney in training.
Walcott's right leg had to be heavily bandaged and although he is expected to resume training tomorrow he will need close monitoring if he is to be available for Thursday's match. Eriksson is confident that the 17-year-old Arsenal reserve will recover but the injury scare exposes the fragility of England's squad and, in particular, the lack of choice when it comes to attackers.
Eriksson's optimism has been stretched a lot recently but it appears still to be holding strong - especially where Rooney is concerned. "We have to decide on Rooney day by day, to be honest. I'm very optimistic, always. I will change something in the team if we have some problems," he said.
Eriksson had described his omission of Jermain Defoe, Andrew Johnson and Darren Bent as a "gamble" and, as it stands, he now has only one fully fit striker in the far-from-prolific Peter Crouch.

Behind Crouch there are only Walcott and two convalescents in Rooney and Michael Owen, whose poor performance against Paraguay on Saturday highlighted that he is still well short of his optimum fitness. There has already been fierce criticism of Eriksson's inclusion of only four forwards in his 23-man party but the England head coach could never have envisaged the chain of events that led to Walcott being strapped up yesterday.

It is not certain that the injury was caused by Rooney but in his determination to take part in full-contact training the Manchester United striker was seen clattering into Walcott from behind as the unused substitutes from Saturday's victory over Paraguay went on to the pitch after the game for what was to be a gentle work-out.

Walcott was able to take part in a light training session yesterday but afterwards complained that his calf was sore and he was examined by the team doctor Leif Sward and the physiotherapist Gary Lewin. It is unclear whether he had taken another blow to the same area.

What is clear is that in their five-a-side games the players are instructed not to make what Eriksson describes as "stupid challenges". Rooney operates by different rules. He is notorious among his England and United team-mates for flying into tackles in practice and, perhaps over-eager to prove his fitness, it was a typically robust challenge that flattened Walcott. Lee Sharpe, the former England international, was among those watching the players in Frankfurt's Waldstadion.

"Rooney seemed to be moving well, doing lots of slalom and shuttle runs and booting the ball around," he said on a blog for Yahoo. "He didn't seem to be holding back and at one stage they were doing five-a-side and he smashed Walcott from behind."

"Theo has a slight knock and it has been strapped up for compression purposes," the FA confirmed. "It's precautionary and after a day off on Monday he will take part in our next training session on Tuesday." Walcott will undergo medical tests today to ascertain whether he can resume full training or whether he will be restricted to light jogging.

http://football.guardian.co.uk/worldcup2006/story/0,,1795506,00.html

www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rooney Poised for Trinidad Return
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 10:33:20 PM »
Well yes. He anxious to come back. Blade de youth man jus so???  :devil:
Cyd have someting waitin fuh yuh.......a nice trini 3 line blade.........fortified by dasheen.....yuh go wish yuh did keep yuh ass quiet til second rounds.

Now..........yuh seeing where england weakness is. My opinion is this. Crouch and Owen when isolated from their midfield are starved as they need service more than anything. Rooney is their only striker when starved drops in deep to get ball.........and tackles like a defender to boot. Their midfield while boasting of a decent degree of attacking strength......lacks a proven ball winner. Now.....if rooney doh start............and we strangle dey midfield...................he might get a run in second half. All this depends on Englands attitude towards us...........one of overconfidence..........or one of leaving nothing to chance.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Rooney Poised for Trinidad Return
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 12:06:12 AM »
One good blade and he going back on the bench.......Them acting like if is Premiereship....I World Cup you know.......And he not making a note in this World Cup...for one he over rated at this level and two he's a hot head and bad mind......
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Verteidiger

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 07:23:27 AM »
I realise Sven bent on rushing Rooney into the game against us on Thursday.

My only concern with this is when "wild man" Rooney start to crunch on tackles on our players..he may go unscathed..where as if we even do so much as run past him too quickly we may get a yellow card..or worst yet a red card..for just touching him. It is no secret that the referees are going to "protect" Rooney and worst yet we are the unheralded minnows..so they will be particularly harsh on us.

If we play 150% it will be even more difficult with Rooney having a license to do as he pleases and officilas who want to protect the star boy at the expense of T&T

Either which way..England hadda watch it. Is not nice knowing that a team from the Caribbean..who everyone thought was going to get bout 7..could draw with the same team who they cyar beat in 38 years!!

GO SOCA WARRIORS!!!!!!!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 09:10:17 AM »
personally i think rooney will sit out de trini game in order for their most important game,sweden.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline Clarke

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 09:29:44 AM »
I realise Sven bent on rushing Rooney into the game against us on Thursday.

My only concern with this is when "wild man" Rooney start to crunch on tackles on our players..he may go unscathed..where as if we even do so much as run past him too quickly we may get a yellow card..or worst yet a red card..for just touching him. It is no secret that the referees are going to "protect" Rooney and worst yet we are the unheralded minnows..so they will be particularly harsh on us.

If we play 150% it will be even more difficult with Rooney having a license to do as he pleases and officilas who want to protect the star boy at the expense of T&T

Either which way..England hadda watch it. Is not nice knowing that a team from the Caribbean..who everyone thought was going to get bout 7..could draw with the same team who they cyar beat in 38 years!!

GO SOCA WARRIORS!!!!!!!

I like this. The fact that we cud hold a team that gives england pressure only goes to show that we can and will give the english team pressure. I believe that a team is only as strong as the mental state of  the players. Thinkin about all the achievements thus far Trinidad will be highly motivated and applying some business studies in real life, a highly motivated person or team will graduate on Maslow's Hierarchy of Motivation till they reach self actualisation, a point i think our boys are not too far from

Offline essexgirl22

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 10:14:08 AM »
I am wondering if  Rooney injurywas really that serious or was that just a ploy to fool the other teams into thinking  they would be without one of their key players.

It seems his foot has suddenly got so much better that he is being touted as being in the line up for Thur, are they scared??
Well  either way our Warrior Boys are ready for them so England bring it on

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 10:15:49 AM »
i posted a thread before saying that Fergie might sue Sven if anything happens to rooney. i heard this on sky sports news on FSC a couple days ago.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

1]; } ?>