March 28, 2024, 06:23:38 AM

Author Topic: Bring Stern on as a sub  (Read 7471 times)

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
Re: Bring Stern on as a sub
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 09:46:28 PM »
Oh boy, one day gone after the game and the old Stern John debate start again ::) ::)

We could have left it alone till after the England game. Anyway, since we are debating it, might as well give my opinion.

Ok I believe the man should be left alone and play for the 90mins. He is a striker, once you keep on the field, he would ignite at some point. Just look at what happened during the Guatemala match when he scored two goals in five minutes.

Anyway, during the Sweden game, Beenhakker was playing a 4-5-1 formation. Stern John was alone up front and from my part, he played his role in the game. He was there as a distraction and may have prevented more Swedes from coming forward because they were concerned that on a counterĀ  attack, if he got the right pass, he would have posed a threat to them. This is why there were always two markers on him at all times.

To add to this, he helped Cornell Glenn to get a shot at goal which ended up hitting the bar. His perfect pass nearly made the Swedes pay.

Thus, I believe Stern his doing his job on the field and should be left alone. Perhaps he needs a little assistance by having another striker who is able to run at the defense such as Kenwyn Jones.

All this is my opinion anyway.

Very well said, execellent post,you clearly understand the role Beenie wants or has Stern playing.The defense must stay honest where ever he goes staying mostly central keeping those 2 or 3 defenders on him. Stern job is to collect that ball and bring the midfield into the play and he held the line brilliantly but when he handed off to  Birchall or Theo they seem to not want the ball ,Stern cud not get a creative or killer ball back ,like the one he gave to Glen.
    Stern knows exactly what Beeniie man wants him to do, to some it might seem wrong but the results so far has gotten us to the WC and a start that had many many many many doubters now believing, all who still eh believe is all yuh I sorry becuz all yuh missing one sweet ride these brothers giving we.De WC will come and go and all yuh will still be saying this cudda be done better and dat cudda be done better and all yuh go miss de moment .......
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2006, 10:01:12 PM »
EHy EHy

ALyuh doe bad talk #14

If I......could come here and defend he then yuh know the man play good.

#14 Real play today...3 men on him and he trap and screen and perform he role.

I giving him he pips for this one!

Not a man on the TT side pull stones today.

Lewwe just move orn and get better.

Bless

Nuff respect Touches yuh does give yu due when it earned and he earn it. #14 in a tugs is ah Boss !!!
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2006, 06:04:50 AM »
EHy EHy

ALyuh doe bad talk #14

If I......could come here and defend he then yuh know the man play good.

#14 Real play today...3 men on him and he trap and screen and perform he role.

I giving him he pips for this one!

Not a man on the TT side pull stones today.

Lewwe just move orn and get better.

Bless
touches not hitting #14..lawd fadda de end ah de world?? ah blue moon..let m,eh confess meh sins now  ;D

Well boy I an all stunned dat touches eat dat stew crow easy so

Next ting yuh go see is Disgruntled aksin stern for he autograph oui

That and pigs flyin is too ting we go neva see  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Snake in de balliser

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2006, 09:58:59 AM »
So here is my take on this, Stern real good at taking down the long ball up front and shielding it until he get support, however I really do wish we had someone else that could have done that.

I went to school in El-Dorado with Stern and that man does always play better coming off the bench, they use to call him the super sub, but I don't think we have that kind of time to experiment now.

So there is a thin line here, I say leave it to Don-Leo he bring we here let him do he thing and carry we, I am sure he has a game plan for England.

so u rate stern jus like he eldo days??

wow im really impressed with ur assessment here boss thanks for ur contribution

all i can say is stern played well on saturday but never recieved that decive ball

with him alone upfront defenders have one target to handle did anyone notice that cornell got on to two headers while we wre 10 men??

with stern providing a suitable distraction as well as poacher work the other strikers are more free to attack whole heartedly

PRESIDENT OF THE STERN FOR GOALS COMITTEE
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2006, 10:52:10 AM »
It's either Stren starts or don't play at all because if you bringing on a sub in the 2nd you will want him to be a runner and that's not Stern's role in Beenhakker's game plan so he has to start to wear down the defence then when we bring on Glen or Jones, they'll be running against heavy legged defenders and they may or should be able to capitalise.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

1]; } ?>