April 25, 2024, 09:30:40 PM

Author Topic: ALL CONGRATS HERE PLEASE!!!  (Read 27763 times)

Offline nobody_s angel

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: ALL CONGRATS HERE PLEASE!!!
« Reply #120 on: June 11, 2006, 02:50:45 PM »
I know I might be a lil late butI guess the fellas can't have enough ppl congratulate them on a job well done. The best feeling in the world was to not only hear that anthem but to hear the announcer change his tone and opinion of us at the end of the 1st half.  :) tears of joy shed that day but I not going to mention any names cause I wanted to cry too.

England next.

We will shock the World. Right now they just a lil bit rattled.

Oh by the way Coby Jones and that host from Fox Sports, could eat my Red, Black and White SOCKS...  :D

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2006, 03:24:55 PM »
11 June 2006
by Reuters

Joe Cole backed Michael Owen to come good for England at the FIFA World Cupâ„¢ on Sunday after changing roles to cover for the striker against Paraguay.
Owen, looking off the pace and isolated up front, lasted only 55 minutes of Saturday's 1-0 victory in Group B as he continued his search for peak fitness after long-term injury.

Defending a striker who has scored 36 goals in 78 appearances for his country, Cole told a news conference: "His record speaks for itself and his performances do. And his goals.

"I think he'll score lots of goals in this tournament. He's fit." Cole, who coach Sven-Goran Eriksson successfully moved in from the left to support towering striker Peter Crouch added: "I think it was obviously a tactical thing.

"We needed someone to try and get hold of the ball and probe with a few passes. I wasn't surprised, the boss knows that I can do it. It gives us another option, which is what it's all about."

Though the various options change the way Cole plays as a support striker, the creative 24-year-old was confident with either partner.

"I think you have to adjust," he said. "They both have different qualities. Peter you can run off and be a bit more mobile and Michael maybe you can drop off a bit more because he makes fantastic runs. If you are an intelligent player you can play with both of them."
Cole was one of the bright spots in a narrow victory, which the players put down to temperatures at Frankfurt's Waldstadion which soared to 29 degrees Celsius (84 Fahrenheit). "Without sounding like we are making excuses, the conditions played a massive part," he said. "You talk to the lads and any of them will tell you that your throat was dry and it was really hard. We're not used to playing in those conditions.

"But we have to deal with that and get better at that. By the time we play the next game we'll be a lot stronger."

That next game arrives on Thursday against Trinidad & Tobago, who pulled off a surprise 0-0 draw with only 10 men against Sweden thanks to an inspired performance by their goalkeeper Shaka Hislop.

"They showed yesterday they can compete against Sweden who were some people's dark horses to win the tournament with world class players," added Cole. "We're in a tough group and to get the start we did was marvellous."
Warrior For Life !!

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 11, 2006, 03:42:39 PM »
   Superb performance by T&T! We definitely have an excellent chance of advancing to the 2nd round!

Offline doh_stick

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 11, 2006, 04:08:24 PM »
Congrats to de warriors. We are the talk of de wcup right now: every person i meet out here (KOLN)congratulating and sending their best

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 11, 2006, 04:16:32 PM »
i watch d game again and whey dat was a fight. CONGRATS once again boyz.
d original WARRIOR PRINCESS. win or lose i am a FIGHTER.

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 11, 2006, 07:04:09 PM »
I totally enjoyed this one

It will soak in by tomorrow,then I will have to get sober once again(not because of any bad juice... ;)) get my batteries recharged and do it all over again

Bringing down the football powers one at a time
All respect due to the Soca Warriors

Small nation  with Big Passion

The Fighting Spirit of The Caribbean

All Praise is due to the Almighty

Offline kingman

• Most Wanted
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Football talk = socawarriors.net
« Reply #126 on: June 11, 2006, 08:17:14 PM »
Is this what I think it is? (Trinidadians supporting Sweden?)

:thumbsdown:

Kingman

Paradise lies in ones' heart

Offline krd

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 11, 2006, 08:32:45 PM »
CONGRATS  ....TO THE SOCA WARRIORS

When our team walked out to the field i got goose bumps...i heard out anthem and felt proud...i said to my self win lose or draw i am proud to be trini!!!!!!!

what made me even more proud was the excellent game we played, the united front which the swedes couldn't penetrate.

I am proud to be A TRINI

Salute....
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :chilling:
to our soca warriors

when the commentator mention brian lara's name that was heart warming ....to all our sporting hero's CONGRATS you all make us proud to be Trini's

Offline SMH

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 11, 2006, 08:56:21 PM »
Go Soca Warriors (oh, ok Soccer Warriors?)..........you made us soooooooo proud.  Ended up in St. James and the fever there spoke volumes for our feelings.  Favourite quotation of the night: "A draw is a WIN !!!"  Go guys, rest carefully, train diligently and take Thursday one step at a time..... England is still only a team of 11 men just like us!  Thought Carlos brilliant as were Shaka and Sancho....

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 11, 2006, 09:29:24 PM »
Words cah describe de feeling yuh bring tuh meh as ah Trini, after dat performance, we give thanks as a nation and nuff  blessings fuh de rest ah de world cup.  :applause: :applause: :applause:
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2006, 09:32:37 PM »

CONGRATS  ....TO THE SOCA WARRIORS

When our team walked out to the field i got goose bumps...i heard out anthem and felt proud...i said to my self win lose or draw i am proud to be trini!!!!!!!

what made me even more proud was the excellent game we played, the united front which the swedes couldn't penetrate.

I am proud to be A TRINI

Salute....
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :chilling:
to our soca warriors

when the commentator mention brian lara's name that was heart warming ....to all our sporting hero's CONGRATS you all make us proud to be Trini's

Yuh now realise yuh is ah Trini after dat game? Any how welcome tuh de forum.
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline ZionYouth

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2006, 09:36:59 PM »

Kingman
It look so.... ???

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2006, 09:57:23 PM »
Post-game celebrations. Even the Swedes supporters were singing and dancing. lol

http://www.socawarriorstt.com/static/index.htm#
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 11, 2006, 11:43:54 PM »

Kingman

allyuh does go mad somtimes.

so my question to u iz this...  when carlos exchange he juzzy and put it on was he supporting them too???

they just wearing de shirt dan
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2006, 12:06:58 AM »
The result of this game has sent ripples to the world for those who were blind and did not see us for those who were deaf and never heard us; for those who were muted cause they never spoke of us and most of all, it electrified a nation, a region and a people who believed that anything is possible.

Thank you to each and every player and to each and every fan who continue to prove that we belong. No longer will some thing that every West Indian in North America comes from umm... you know J....cia. Now people willknow that there is more than just Reggae.....that SOCA is  out there to enjoy and that we have a team that has the potential for greatness.

Thanks : In my lifetime I have witnessed many personal and world wide feat. Some includes: man on the moon; the end of apartheid;  the crowning moments of  Crawford's Olympic gold and now TNT football on the world stage.

Yes Thank you Lord.

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=14669.msg176128#msg176128

« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 12:11:26 AM by AlbertaTrini »

Offline Skoobibloo

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2006, 02:25:27 AM »
Congrats T&T!!   

What a game!!

Shaka, Lawrence, Yorke and Edwards were superb!!

But I'm afraid I'm biased and Sancho was the man!!!  ;D

Good luck guys and well done!!

GO WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now we have 2 of your boys playing for us...you should know the score!!

Offline lunz

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2006, 03:02:55 AM »
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL SOCA WARRIORS

TAKE MY BREATH AWAY

« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 03:04:56 AM by lunz »

Offline BIBI K

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 12, 2006, 05:20:05 AM »
Well done! 
From a proud Guyanese in Florida, (Trini by marriage!).  Looking forward to the next winning game.  Oh yeah, how sweet it is - the victory!!!  :)

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 12, 2006, 07:26:53 AM »
Well done, great result Saturday.

It is always a shame to see a player pick up an injury, especially just before the biggest game of their life, but you do have to wonder if these things happen for a reason. Shaka  :notworthy:was immense for you guys and has put in the best individual performance of the tournament so far. I can only begin to imagine what the atmosphere was like in T&T on Saturday and I bet there were more than a few sore heads Sunday morning!!

Good luck against Paraguay, here’s to England and the Soca Warriors going through to the next round
 :cheers:

Offline Slade

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Dont forget believe and have faith
« Reply #139 on: June 12, 2006, 08:08:15 AM »
Hey guys i am posting from Germany, just remember please have faith and believe, was speaking to some fans from england and they still dont respect us, i know england will be coming hard at us, but we wont let it happen.

Small Country Big Heart.

Slade....

Offline vpersad

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
CONGRATULATIONS WARRIORS!!!!!!
« Reply #140 on: June 12, 2006, 08:10:58 AM »
JUST WANT TO SAY GOOD LUCK TO DE SOCA WARRIORS!!! YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN OUTSTANDING. SWEDEN STILL TRYIN TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HIT DEM AND ENGLAND STILL WAITING TO FIND OUT...IM AM A SOCAAA WARRIOR, AH SAY WIN OR LOSE I AM A FIGHTER! YOU GUYS HAVE LOTSS OF SUPPORT AND WE ARE EXTREMELY PROUD OF YOU ALL...IN OUR HEARTS, WE ALREADY WIN DE WORLD CUP. GO WARRIORS!!! TRUE SUPPORTERS IN ORLANDO, FL...REPRESENTIN' WE TEAM LARGE!!!

Offline vpersad

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 12, 2006, 08:34:28 AM »
JUST WANT TO SAY GOOD LUCK TO DE SOCA WARRIORS!!! YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN OUTSTANDING. SWEDEN STILL TRYIN TO FIGURE OUT WHAT HIT DEM AND ENGLAND STILL WAITING TO FIND OUT...IM AM A SOCAAA WARRIOR, AH SAY WIN OR LOSE I AM A FIGHTER! YOU GUYS HAVE LOTSS OF SUPPORT AND WE ARE EXTREMELY PROUD OF YOU ALL...IN OUR HEARTS, WE ALREADY WIN DE WORLD CUP. GO WARRIORS!!! TRUE SUPPORTERS IN ORLANDO, FL...REPRESENTIN' WE TEAM LARGE!!!

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 12, 2006, 09:20:37 AM »
WELLL DONE FELLAS AH SORRY I EH REACH DIS THREAD SOONER BUT
YUH MAKE MA LIFE DERE!!

Offline trickadadian

• New Warrior
  • I am ah warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 12, 2006, 09:22:37 AM »
WARRIORS all De WAY!!!

honestly, words cyah express..........so all I go say is..........I'm proud..........

Offline fire

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 12, 2006, 09:25:26 AM »
All CONGRATS to the Soca WARRIORS...they have done us all proud... mih voice hoarse from bawling down the place Saturday in front the TV...on to England!!

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dont forget believe and have faith
« Reply #145 on: June 12, 2006, 09:35:16 AM »
Hey guys i am posting from Germany, just remember please have faith and believe, was speaking to some fans from england and they still dont respect us, i know england will be coming hard at us, but we wont let it happen.

Small Country Big Heart.

Slade....

I agree, but the key now is to forget the English comments. They never respected us when the draw was made, and even at kick off they will not. respect us. You are going to hear all sorts of disrespectful remarks being made, and the comparisons of us to a party island. Just ignore them and believe in us. We can beat England.

Offline meloTTWARRIOR

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: CONGRATULATIONS WARRIORS!!!!!!
« Reply #146 on: June 12, 2006, 10:45:58 AM »
Yes CONGRATULATIONS to the SOCA WARRIORS we are very proud of them weather of not we go through to the next round we made it to the World Cup and they played a marvelous game against Sweden that was good. And for the game on Thursday all they have to do is stay focus and play hell just do what they do best besides Carnival  :) GOD BLESS WARRIORS.

1]; } ?>