April 18, 2024, 09:06:57 PM

Author Topic: ALL CONGRATS HERE PLEASE!!!  (Read 27711 times)

Offline sacavsworld

• English guy supporting T&T
  • New Warrior
  • Come on Triny
    • View Profile
Re: ALL CONGRATS HERE PLEASE!!!
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2006, 03:49:15 PM »
i would like to see trini and england though to the next phase please beat paraguay well done for the draw

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2006, 03:50:41 PM »
SPORTS ILLUSTRATED

Who would have predicted that the smallest country in the tournament would play Sweden to a 0-0 draw? And by playing nearly the entire second half a man down. How do you rank that one in World Cup lore?

Comments:

Posted: 5:08 PM, June 10, 2006   by Anonymous
Hoslip was awesome for Trinidad/Tobago. One of the finest goalkeeping performances I've seen. He was never caught out of position and reacted beautifully to every shot on goal. This was the best game of the day, particularly the second half.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/si_blogs/soccer/world_cup_blog/2006/06/day-2-reaction.html#comments

lol hoslip  ;D :D

congrats to u Soca Warriors.  What i saw out there today was pure heart. Keep it up Soca Warriors....England we coming for allyuh  :challenge:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2006, 03:56:25 PM »
While i want to congratulate the team on an incredible performance, Benie if you reading these posts here i want to say you are a BOSS, to take these guys and do what you have done in such a short space of time,i think you have answered everybody's questions by the selections you made and the way each player performed,this team was well coached no doubt about that.  

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2006, 03:57:33 PM »
Last-minute starter comes through in goal

Associated Press
Posted: 1 hour ago    

http://msn.foxsports.com/soccer/story/5683318

DORTMUND, Germany (AP) - Coach Leo Beenhakker walked up to Shaka Hislop shortly before the start of the game and delivered the news.

Starting goalkeeper Kelvin Jack was out with an injured calf, giving Hislop the start in Trinidad and Tobago's first World Cup game ever.

"I just said, 'You're on.' And he said, "I'm ready,"' Beenhakker said.

Hislop, age 36, stopped every chance Sweden threw at him, helping his underdog team earn a surprising 0-0 draw Saturday night.

"It has been a boyhood dream come true. I don't know how to put it into words," Hislop said. "I got the word just before the game. It worked out quite well actually. Sometimes it's easier that way."

Jack was slated to start the game until he re-injured his calf, which has bothered him leading up to the start of the tournament.

But the Soca Warriors were lucky to have an experienced backup like Hislop, the only Trinidad player currently in one of Europe's top leagues. Hislop was in goal last month for West Ham when it lost the FA Cup final on penalties to Liverpool.

Hislop rejoined West Ham a year ago and started the season as backup. However, an injury to first-choice Roy Carroll gave Hislop his chance and he was a key player in the team's surprise run to the FA Cup final and ninth place in the Premier League.

"He was brilliant really," midfielder Chris Birchall said. "Shaka came in and did an unbelievable job. You can see why he's a Premiership 'keeper. He was fantastic. He came up with two or three brilliant saves."

Hislop came through with two key saves late in the first half, deflecting a 25-yard shot from Christian Wilhelmsson over the crossbar in the 40th minute and making a diving stop off a half-volley from Zaltan Ibrahimovic about two minutes later.

With Trinidad down a man for almost the entire second half after Avery John was sent off in the 46th minute for his second yellow card, Hislop came through again.

He made a great reflex save from Ibrahimovic from in front of the net and then a sliding stop against Marcus Allback in the 80th minute that left the Swedes totally frustrated.

"We had so many scoring chances, I don't remember if we've had so many in another game," Ibrahimovic said. "But their goalkeeper was fantastic, and he was their backup. He did a great job."

Warrior For Life !!

Offline ann3boys

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2006, 03:59:43 PM »
WELL DONE WARRIORS !!!

Yorke was indeed MAN of the match- BOSS in the middle !!

Bring on England !!!

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2006, 04:00:55 PM »
some ah allyuh like allyuh just start to watch football

yorke play better than sancho

stupesssssssss

anyways congrats
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline firebun

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2006, 04:19:31 PM »
one word,

BES

EXCELLENT JOB GUYS, EXCELLENT!!!!
People this was the hardest game in this group, trust mih.  We go beat England on Thursday.  I predict 2:1
Remember you heard it here first

:cheers: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 10, 2006, 04:22:43 PM »
This goes out to my Trinidad & Tobago soca warriors. Today you have made me the proudest Trini on the planet...bar none. You did us very proud indeed.
I love you all!!!!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 10, 2006, 04:33:55 PM »
that was the bravest performance from a trinidad and tobago team bar none in my book. T&T took everything sweden had to offer and did not give up a goal..even with 10 men.
coach Beehhakker won the first battle by outfoxing sweden . Every warm up game we played was at a much slower pace...sweden got set up played the athletic game and could not score.
the team was well prepared in the physical dept.   Carlos Edwards was my MOM in spite of good performances by hislop, yorke and sancho etc. i still cant believe he had energy left to make long throws towards the end of the game.
This was a tough game and recovery is important. It was the hardest fought game so far with both teams giving 100%. carlos proved himself by shackling down Lundberg...there was a tackle when carlos got back and came around Lundberg ...clean as a whistle !! lundberg wont sleep tonight.
Sancho played his best game for me so far ...hard to choose when everyone gave so much..
One point and joint second place so far ... and a very brave performance.

Offline john_public

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2006, 04:46:45 PM »
 :notworthy:  :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Offline Kenny

• New Warrior
  • T&TSC, Tartan Army branch
    • View Profile
    • Raskol Records
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2006, 04:58:37 PM »
Nice one. :D

Offline SweetParkie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 10, 2006, 05:02:18 PM »
I am extremely proud of my boys...the Defence played so well, it surprised the swedish players. And Yorke played midfield and defence!!! Well, Shaka Hislop is my man of the match! Getting his head into playing just 10 minutes before game time and playing so well...WELL DONE Shaka!!! :beermug:

People are you also noting that Carlos is a dragon on that field!!?? ;)
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy!

Trinidadians unite and respect each other!!!

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 10, 2006, 05:13:52 PM »
Thanks for the background Trinbago.....The match was boss. Shaka save real good and the TEAM make we proud today. I real feeling nice...right now ;D :beermug:

To all the T.O crew dat was in hardball  :beermug:. It was a good vibes, nice it up

Wow we reach  :beermug:

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 10, 2006, 05:15:26 PM »
good start Tnt good start

Offline Froecht

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 10, 2006, 05:24:08 PM »
EXTREMELY WELL DONE!!! Great job of your guys!!! :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Fantastic goalie, great defense - hopefully our german defense have seen this match ;)

CONGRATULATIONS FROM ROTENBURG!!! And good luck against England and even more against Paraguay so that we will have your guys right until the final here in north-german TRINI-TOWN - home of the SOCA WARRIORS!!!!!

Offline SweetParkie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Go and Vote for our game !!!
« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2006, 05:33:20 PM »
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/w/index.html

What has been the most exciting game so far?

# Germany - Costa Rica (4:2)
# Poland - Ecuador (0:2)
# England - Paraguay (1:0)
# Trinidad and Tobago - Sweden (0:0)
# Argentina - Côte d’Ivoire (2:1)

Allyuh know who to vote for :)
The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy!

Offline SweetParkie

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Go and Vote for our game !!!
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2006, 05:34:35 PM »
the poll is on the lower right hand of the screen! (you may have to scroll down to see it)

Offline madmonn

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2006, 05:35:14 PM »
Well Done Warriors...PROUD to be Trini....to meh boy Avery hard luck like the fighting spirit....  take no prisoners

Offline bacchanalwomantt

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 10, 2006, 05:43:22 PM »
 :applause:

What an absolute fantastic game today!

The best one since World Cup started yesterday.

Our boys well did we proud today...EVERY SINGLE one of them played with heart and passion; professionalisam and organization and just simply great football. I love Edwards' defence playing; Yorke's movement all over the field; leh we not forget Gray; Avery didn't really deserve dat second yellow card...but most of all, Shaka's pure determination on he face not to let Sweden score...and it all paid off! We boys real showed up fuh de match today!! :)

Definitely NO R&P WAS IN PLAY TODAY!!!

What made it even sweeter was the comment from Dick Howard (one of RSO's commentators) totally in awe of we Soca Warriors from "Sweet T&T". Not to mention Forrest's pure pride at the way Shaka held he corner dey!!!

Sweden figure dey could walk over we...and dey get de shock of dey life!!! NEVER UNDERESTIMATE DE UNDERDOGS!!! Nothing is impossible now for we boys. We jes have to keep de faith going!!!

GO SOCA WARRIORS GO!!!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 10, 2006, 05:46:02 PM »
So this is what getting a point in the World Cup feels like....Simply Fantastic!!!!!!! In true warrior fashion you showed the world what Trinbagonians are made of.

Warriors u play your best ball when your backs are against the wall and when it really counts. Regardless of the outcome of the other first round matches just remember, u are the ones who have defied the odds,  u are the ones who have inspired a nation and u are the ones who have made a big impression in the world of football (jus turn on yuh tv)!

Foward ever!!!!! Go Warriors!!!!!!!

Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 10, 2006, 05:52:20 PM »
Cool!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 10, 2006, 05:53:43 PM »
first off man of the match is SHAKA
Next, I was going to view the game at HARDBALL in the east end of Toronto
and decidede to pass thru by Sandos. When I got there an saw the crowd

Offline Bolivar

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Much Respect!
« Reply #52 on: June 10, 2006, 06:05:14 PM »
I sat and watched every second of the T&T vs. Sweden match and was rooting for the Soca Warriors all the way.  I worked with Flex for awhile when I lived in New York and he put me on to this wonderful website years ago.  Now, in California, I check in time to time to see the news in regards to the Soca Warriors.  Much Respect and admiration from this Colombian to the nation of Trinidad and Tobago! They played valiantly with 10 men on the field and Shaka Hislop was the Man of the Match without a doubt.  The old man still has great instincts and was up to the task.  Good Luck on the upcoming matches and just know that many people are pulling for the underdog, the team that shows heart and determination and a will to fight till the end.  Whats up Flex?!?!?
Regards,
Bolivar from California

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #53 on: June 10, 2006, 06:08:51 PM »
i just vote... currently we in 3rd on both the general poll and english behind argentina vs. ivory coast and germany vs. costa rica... nice!!! ;D

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Much Respect!
« Reply #54 on: June 10, 2006, 06:09:57 PM »
thanks bro !!
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline croc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 10, 2006, 06:15:07 PM »
I am so proud..I am so proud..I am so proud..I am soooooooooooooo PROUD to be a trini. God bless yuh WARRIORS now bring on England.

Offline real-warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 10, 2006, 06:21:25 PM »
yes well done, well done! and an EXTRA!! well done tuh shaka!

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2006, 06:23:21 PM »
thank for the pix trinbago!

the team played like a TEAM! great game!

:salute:

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2006, 06:37:35 PM »
had confidence for this game but my lack of confidence for the game on thursday gone up high now... these fellas work their boots and socks off today... i cant believe ppl (not on this site) still have a problem with us... but still u guys proving to the world that we should have been there since 1974... good show!!!best WC game i see in a while... to me it tops 2002 finals... lol... that game lacked excitement except for the goals

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2006, 06:59:57 PM »
This goes out to my Trinidad & Tobago soca warriors. Today you have made me the proudest Trini on the planet...bar none. You did us very proud indeed.
I love you all!!!!!

I go fight yuh for that title I feell the same way for the same reason
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 07:10:29 PM by trinindian »

1]; } ?>