April 18, 2024, 08:31:01 PM

Author Topic: ALL CONGRATS HERE PLEASE!!!  (Read 27710 times)

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
Re: ALL CONGRATS HERE PLEASE!!!
« Reply #60 on: June 10, 2006, 07:06:56 PM »
i posting my congrats all over but since this turning into the official thread in a way... thank you warriors for the great game!!!u real make me proud to be a trini and an avid supporter of the team!!!

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 10, 2006, 07:15:15 PM »
I'm not ashamed to say that I real cry today. I couldn't believe it. Vibes it up my Warriors. Thank you for making me so incredibly proud to be a Trini.
-be the change you wish to see-

Offline Reb

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 10, 2006, 07:20:04 PM »
i have waited a lifetime for today.....i will savor this day for the rest of my life. It was great to see my team play with so much HEART and like their nickname ...WARRIORS.
Every footballing TnT citizen all over the world thank you for this moment....continue to bring on that warrior spirit for the rest of the tournament!!!! SMALL COUNTRY.....BIG HEARTS!!!!

Offline Madd Ras#13

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Much Respect!
« Reply #63 on: June 10, 2006, 07:52:40 PM »
yea bredda respect
all dat is necessary is necessary

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 10, 2006, 08:29:02 PM »
CONGRATULATIONS TO THE SOCA WARRIORS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You made us proud today.

Good Luck in your game against England.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 10, 2006, 09:18:37 PM »
T&T rejoice in a point, Argentina turn on the style
10 June 2006
by FIFAworldcup.com

THE DAY REPLAYED: They had been written off before the ball started rolling at 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™ but not by themselves. And with a display of incredible spirit, energy and defensive resolution, Trinidad and Tobago brought Caribbean joy and colour to the heart of Europe. Their 0-0 draw with Sweden left England on top of Group B following their 1-0 victory over Paraguay earlier in the afternoon. Then two-times world champions Argentina stated their own credentials with a 2-1 victory over Côte d’Ivoire.
They are the smallest nation not only in this tournament but in any FIFA World Cup. Just 1.1 million souls make up the twin islands of Trinidad and Tobago which have been blessed with sporting success before, but normally when the ball is a small red sphere and the target a set of cricket stumps. In a footballing context they have always been rank outsiders but no one will ever forget their brave contribution to day two of football’s greatest showpiece.

The FIFA World Cup newcomers rode their luck as Sweden threatened to make the breakthrough on several occasions. Having lost defender Avery John to a second yellow card in the 46th minute and their goalkeeper Kelvin Jack in the warm-up, the odds were stacked against them but they battled on. At 37 his replacement Shaka Hislop has achieved many things in the game but not so much as a single FIFA World Cup appearance before today.

Before the game Hislop had spoken of how he and two other kids playing in a Trinidadian park 25 years ago and giving themselves the names of Zico, Socrates and Maradona, had dreamed of just this moment. His boyhood pals, T&T captain Dwight Yorke and Russell Latapy, were also present on this defining day in the tiny Republic’s footballing history, Yorke earning Man of the Match honours through a selfless display of midfield leadership. Blunting his normal attacking instincts, he erected a formidable defensive shield from which every team-mate took inspiration.

Moment of the Day
T&T might even have ended up with all three points. In the 59th minute Glen Cornell let fly from a tight angle and saw his shot cannon against the crossbar.
With Hislop standing in the way of everything that Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrik Larsson could throw at him, Leo Beenhakker’s team held firm. At the end the thousands of painted Swedish faces betrayed only shock and incomprehension.

Warrior For Life !!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 10, 2006, 09:26:18 PM »
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
See the game again, SANCHO
« Reply #67 on: June 10, 2006, 09:47:30 PM »
After seeing the game twice, I must say that all played well, but considering that Sancho had to pick up the slack for Andrews, he did a fantastic job.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: See the game again, SANCHO
« Reply #68 on: June 10, 2006, 09:48:58 PM »
allyuh go start ah thread fuh anything now eh?
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 10, 2006, 09:55:39 PM »
After seeing the game twice, I must say that all played well, but considering that Sancho had to pick up the slack for Andrews, he did a fantastic job.

u didnt hav 2 watch d game twicw to no dat sancho real play.....

Offline big dawg

• Hero Warrior
  • smallest country to ever play in a world cup final
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 10, 2006, 09:57:59 PM »
allyuh go start ah thread fuh anything now eh?

All of ah suddden this start to happen
Re-Group, Re-Energize, Return
We'll be back...
I don't know when

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 10, 2006, 10:17:02 PM »
big dawg...time to sleep boy...we have to adjust for the time change
Warrior For Life !!

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 10, 2006, 10:25:04 PM »
I loved it, I didn't cry but I wanted to :)  2 more games to go, if we play the same for our games we'l be doing something no other small island has ever done that is to make it to the 2 round.  I can smell it coming. :rotfl: :beermug: :angel:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Behbehman

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 10, 2006, 10:32:58 PM »
All things are possible...only believe!  Yes, Jah bless! What a game!

Glued to edge ah mih seat
Ah couldn't eat
Couldn't drink mih tea
Couldn't leave the TV tuh take ah pee.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2006, 10:34:09 PM »
What a game!  What heart!  Congratulations to Beenis and the gutsy players of Trinidad and Tobago.  I walking proud for my fellow Trinis.  No go get England on Thursday!  One game at a time!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2006, 10:36:34 PM »
Allyuh...............imagine dem fellas take de whole Trini Warrior spirit,bottle it up an was holding it........waiting fo de rite time!
Today ah little spill out.....dey ent un cork it yet, dat comin.

Dey knew (and felt) the energy an support we gave dem.........dey felt it from Trini and all odda from Trinis around de world. I am soo proud of you guys, you never gave up or surrenderd.

Me, I tink de whole dam team should get de man of de match! Everyone played wit intent,purpose and PASSION. They made us STOP and TAKE NOTICE and now de whole world is watching!!!

Somebody may have said it before but ah tink we need to say it again, "We need to keep Don Leo" after de WC. Dat man is BOSS!!!
Ah lie??

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2006, 11:21:24 PM »
OH YES AH LOVE T&T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2006, 11:35:11 PM »

congrats TnT

Offline Ballack

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2006, 11:37:11 PM »
RESPECT TT !
Great match, very cool and concentrated I hope we(Germany) will meet u  in the next round.
That would be a great party.

Please beat England!
Dynamo Dresden supporter:
2006 :Die Welt zu Gast bei Freunden

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2006, 11:42:52 PM »
hello trinidad     & tobago!!!i hope u celebrate tonight:)i am girl from lithuania and i was watching that match between trinidad and sweeden.was great.u have very good team.guys are real worriors.it was the first football match made me cry.small country almost won against big sweeden.now i am trinidad & tobago`s fan.good luck in future...GO,SOCA WORRIORS,GO!!! ::)

Thank You for your support viktorija  :beermug: :beermug:

allyuh ah now reach home....drunk no ass, and ah leave dem still jumpin in Uni.
What was dey best is other nationalities coming up to us and congratulating us bout dey game.
Could you imagine if we had score at least 1

But dey draw was even SWEETER....

Soca Warriors I PROUD ah allyuh real bad...2 more games and den second rounds....  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline behind-de-bridge

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2006, 12:22:29 AM »
Congatulations to the team on a stupendous display. Keep up that grit and determination.

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2006, 12:43:46 AM »
This quote by Beenie says it all:

Remember we had to play for 44 minutes with ten men. Their forward line from the right was Barcelona, Juventus and Arsenal We brought men from Jabloteh, Gillingham, Wrexham and New England Revolution in the United States."
Warrior For Life !!

Offline trinbago

• Hero Warrior
  • Warrior For Life !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2006, 12:59:38 AM »
QUOTES FROM SPORTS ILLUSTRATED
COMMENTS:

"Well, its Day 2 and I am thoroughly addicted. Watching Trinidad and Tobago tie Sweeden was a thrilling second half. Have to wonder whats up with the diving. Physics alone dictats that if someone touches you with a hand you do not fly 4 feet and roll on the ground grasping your knee. How the acting job of pretending to be injured after the red card?"

"As for the TT v. Sweden match, countless times Sweden could not seem to figure out that the ball is round and call easy travel to near by yellow jerseys. Great job to TT for almost stealing a win, and atleast earning points. Coupled with England's inabilities based on game 1, I hope TT atleast draws with the Brits as well."

"T&T vs. Sweden - I don't think the vikings have figured out that the ball is a sphere... their way of thinking is awfully square... and they proved that today by insiting on the same play a gazillion times. They deserve to be eliminated... and soon. Too bad they are on the same group as the two teams on the first game today, at least one of the 3 will advance to the next round.
Excellent for T&T. Leo Beenhacker is a mastermind."

"The T&T draw with Sweden was very enjoyable to watch and must have been even better for the players to achieve such a great result in their first EVER World Cup match!"

"Sweden had a bad day. But Sweden is not a power house. In qualifying matches Croatia didn't have problems with them. I don't think Sweden will see the second round. But it was a historic game for Trinidad/Tobago. They will have fun tonight. "

"I was amazed at how much diving the Swedes did, especially that guy with the little mullet/tail wilhelmson. He got a T&T player red carded, and he had earlier gotten a free kick near the goal after he looked around from the ground and started grabbing his head in pain. They had him as a candidate for man of the match, before the tie: he was drama-queen opf the match, tail-flailing. I was so glad his bs didn't pay."

Warrior For Life !!

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2006, 01:01:37 AM »
it's funny because I REALLY WANTED SANCHO TO START....but then again it is said for the expense of Andrews tho ( although i wanted him to start in front of Andrews because of his speed and aggressiveness). 

SOCA WARRIOR FUH LIFE!!!!! 8)

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2006, 01:23:19 AM »
SAncho and hislop was de men ah de match. Dey play dey heart out. ah was baawling.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Ellef_Gill

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2006, 02:21:23 AM »
Congratulations all the way from Gillingham, UK, especially to our very own  Brent Sancho.  Can't wait to see you against England on Thursday ... go Sancho and Coxy!

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 11, 2006, 03:20:42 AM »
if am not mistaken...sancho has performed very well evry time he was on the field for us.it's good to see players can come into the team an perform ...

Offline hibernian

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 11, 2006, 03:29:22 AM »
woooooooohaaaaaaaa!!!! Russia is proud of you, lads!!! Keep going!!

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #88 on: June 11, 2006, 03:30:45 AM »
THE CHINEE is meh boy GARY!!!!!
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2006, 04:43:50 AM »
congrats men played their hearts out,cyd look like he was on a real mission,like the passion he showed

1]; } ?>