March 18, 2024, 10:23:17 PM

Author Topic: Why is this coach insisting that Latapy could only last 15 minutes?  (Read 6140 times)

Offline Cowen

• Hero Warrior
  • Conquer without risk is to triumph without Glory
    • View Profile
Re: Why is this coach insisting that Latapy could only last 15 minutes?
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2006, 12:46:03 PM »
Any true follower of the game would know that Latas is a boss player capable of changing any game.......however the man is a defensive liability.

Latas just can't defend and at his age against the running Swedes and T&T on the back foot ...bringing on an attacking midfielder at the expense of a defensive midfielder would have been silly.

Beenie know what he doing. Bringing on Glen allowed 5 Swedish defenders to remain at the back just to cover him(Glen) and John.

Latas may or may not play ..... that depends on the state of the game....and in the event that he doesn't.....i'd have faith with the coach knowing that it will be for the overall good.

:beermug:
Attended Mad Mad University
Studied Madology
Obtained a Mad Mad Degree

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
Will Latas get a sweat?
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2006, 12:12:51 PM »
I starting to wonder about that now...the great one may never get to grace the big stage.
I mean, think of it...if we looking to win the game, the first man off the bench will probably be Cornell then probably Jones or Scotland...we all would prefer Latas, but depending on the opposition the bigger forward or the speed of Glen might make more of an instant impact than the skill of Latas.

If we drawing a game....Latas is a defenzive liability

If we winning...why send on an attack minded player? Actually, this may be Latas best chance as Beenie might put him on to run down the clokc.

But u never know with Beenie, he will know when is the best time to use the magician...i hope he find a way to include him.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

1]; } ?>