March 18, 2024, 10:47:46 PM

Author Topic: Why is this coach insisting that Latapy could only last 15 minutes?  (Read 6143 times)

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
I agree we should bring him on later, but why only 15?  Why not 5 mins into the 2nd half? 

Latapy deserves to start IMNSHO but I initially had to rest that as it seems he is definitely a sub or is the coach playing head games?

Offline Trinimassive

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why is this coach insisting that Latapy could only last 15 minutes?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 10:45:58 PM »
Which coach ???

Whayuhsay....Wha yuh talkin bout Willis

Offline kevinAckin

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2006, 10:54:54 PM »
latas will start

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2006, 11:05:59 PM »
latas will start

I can't see that happening. Why would he not play against Czech but play against St. Pauli?

1. The game against the Czechs was far more important than St. Pauli.
2. If he played against the Czechs, he would have had a full week to recover. If I'm not mistaken, he played the full game today.

Not sure I can figure out what Beenie doing with Latas. His tactics thus far indicate little playing time.

Offline Disgruntled_Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2006, 11:24:42 PM »
while the man could real play and does add so much when he on the pitch, yuh had to remember he is 37 and does smoke. Not to mention the man have real miles on him yuh could hear the man bones creaking when he run.

Yuh had to use him tactically, put him on where he go be most effective but not so that he gets tired and becomes a liabillity.

I doh think if he played agaist a hard rnning physical side like the Czechs on Sat that his body would have recovered for Mon.

Més que un club.

Offline triniboots

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Give Latas a sweat
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 05:33:44 PM »
I am full confident in coach and ting, but really felt bringing on Latas in the last 10-15 mins would have made an impact. Even just for the sake of killing time, coach could have used a third sub. Some have said in conversation that Latas @ 37 may not be able to handle the pace, but the one thing about the little magician is he can take control of a game and create plays that players others simply can't. So Bennie, make sure and give Latas a sweat, cause we need a front driver with vision in a game especially when we on defensive for the majority of play.

Offline trinifuhlife

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Give Latas a sweat
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 05:40:33 PM »
I dont think bennie could have done it, especially after Avery John received his second yellow. I think that influenced bennies decision.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 05:43:41 PM »
I am full confident in coach and ting, but really felt bringing on Latas in the last 10-15 mins would have made an impact. Even just for the sake of killing time, coach could have used a third sub. Some have said in conversation that Latas @ 37 may not be able to handle the pace, but the one thing about the little magician is he can take control of a game and create plays that players others simply can't. So Bennie, make sure and give Latas a sweat, cause we need a front driver with vision in a game especially when we on defensive for the majority of play.

doh worry he'll get a run
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 06:04:08 PM »
yeah beenie doh de right ting no worries
latas will have his moment

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 06:06:08 PM »
bleh... i wanted to see how latas would shoot with that ball today... but i guess i have to wait... all this patience might lead to sumthing... i doubt Beenie would let latas go the whole group stage on the bench

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 06:09:47 PM »
Fellas Latas will play.....No need to bring on Latas.....none at all. The game had changed...and the Coach pull a fast on and bring on a striker.....That almost purge Sweden. Latas go get he run out soon and it will be poison........ ;)
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Jay10

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 09:42:11 PM »
I think that d only way latas gwan play is if TT down......

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2006, 11:28:24 PM »
Timing............is everything!!!!!!!!

Wah allyuh huttin allyuh head for, Don Leo has all the answers. Deze next coupla of games yuh WILL probably see some different men startin and not because Avery cyar play de England game!!

It's called STRATEGY!!

Offline croc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 12:54:13 AM »
beenie did the right thing by bringing on Glen. What he achieved was to take the pressure of the back four by making Sweden become more defensive.....it worked.

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 03:22:24 AM »
d way ppl talk is evry body on the team has to play....personally i know russell is a boss..but at no pt in dat game i expected him to come on..the game jus didnt allow it....although i'm sure he wud have been superb....but it is about a team..wats best...

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 04:50:58 AM »
if we had eleven men he might of come on but the situation jus did not allow but he will get his chance,thought he could off brought on jones for stern after the sending off,would of helped with the counter attacks

Offline NC

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 05:15:48 AM »

You are saying that for one or both of the following reasons ... either you are a very selfish individual and putting satisfying your personal gratification before the country's best interest ... or you do not understand anything about the game to realize that bringing on Latas yesterday would have been asking us to play with 8 men.

Hope this helps!

Offline triniboots

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 06:54:17 AM »
NC:

4 points about your comments:

1. I ain't selfish and don't put personal gratification in front of country's best interest; for you to just shoot this chupid comment when yuh don't even know me says a lot about you.
2. Anybody who knows football, knows that Latapy even at his age and as can be seen in recent games he has played, knows he makes an impact in over 99% of games and given the stage, he would have stepped up like everybody else.
3. To suggest that putting Latapy on would have been like playing with 8 men makes me wonder if you know football. I agree with other posters that said the coach did the right thing and Latas time will come, and I will add, if needed.
4. Given the sincerity of my post and insinuating that a man like me selfish, when everybody else put dey two cents in a NICE way = your comments did not help

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2006, 07:04:02 AM »

You for real?  Down a man and yuh go bring on Latas, who don't track back and play defence.  We needed big target man to hold the ball up under pressure so that we could play on the counter.  That was Glenn and John.  Latapy will play, but yesterday's circumstances necessitated that he stay on the bench.

Offline triniboots

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 07:09:27 AM »
Tenorsaw:

Read what I say in the last post nah man, see below. 

"I agree with other posters that said the coach did the right thing and Latas time will come, and I will add, if needed."

Offline Ned

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 09:25:07 AM »
As a Falkirk fan I would've loved to see Latas to play but Beenhakker aint no mug , he made a change after the sending off that most coaches would avoided yet he very nearly nicked a win out of it !

the shot of Beenhakker confidently smiling on the touch-line mid-way through the second half was one of the most endearing shots of a manager I have ever seen - RESPECT

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 09:54:21 AM »
Please give Latas at least 35 mins for the next game.  If we are down a goal or tied, Latas is de man to give thundah to the next team, our most creative player.

I understand the coaches decision against Sweden being down 1 man, maybe he thought Latas does not defend strong enough but once we have 11, de man must get a run!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 10:13:05 AM by whayuhsay »

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 10:06:41 AM »
I guess thee smoke is starting to be a problem...so 15 mins is all he need!  :rotfl: :rotfl:
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 10:20:26 AM »
Latas issue is not fitness, he is fit. In the Sweden game we had five men across the middle and still couldn't stop Sweden controlling the middle. We need players who can win the ball as well as use it especially early in games and cover plaenty ground. Mobility is the key.

The good thing is with Latas not playing for the last five or so games is that England probably hasn't planned for him like Bahrain did.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was supposed to come on against Sweden but with the team down to 10 men, we needed as much mobility as possible. I would love to see Latas come on the second half against England and conjure a goal out of nothing.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 10:32:32 AM »

Men have a lot of faith in Latas and it is based more on his history, than on his recent performance with the team.   In any case with K. Jones and Latas on the bench, whom would you pick?  Overlapping responsibilities, …..  the fluidity of the game makes distinctions between striker and attacking midfielder  not that definitive, etc … I would go with Jones.

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2006, 10:45:13 AM »
i never any body say 15 minutes but he does not have legs to play much longer than that 25-30 minutes tops

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 10:55:22 AM »
"than on his recent performance with the team"

Padnah, is like you eh see his recent history?  When he came on against Wales, we immediately had a bunch of scoring opportunities.

Would we have beaten Mexico without him?  Would we have qualified without him?  No, we were at the bottom of the Hex before he joined us.

Man, ketch yuhself, is only because Beenie benching de man whole game, everybody give up on him.

As great as Beenie is, he is not the God some of you make him out to be.  If the result against Sweden was different, the talk on this board would have been entirely different.

Lincoln Phillips is de one who said recently Latas only good for 15 mins.

Men have a lot of faith in Latas and it is based more on his history, than on his recent performance with the team.   In any case with K. Jones and Latas on the bench, whom would you pick?  Overlapping responsibilities, …..  the fluidity of the game makes distinctions between striker and attacking midfielder  not that definitive, etc … I would go with Jones.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 11:11:48 AM »
ARE YOU ALL STILL QUESTIONING BEENIE!! UNBELIEVABLE

LATAS WILL SEE ACTION IN THIS TOURNAMENT HAVE NO FEAR

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 12:06:03 PM »
Whayuhsay...Are you serious with these posts? This have to be a joke or jokes of some kind....First i see you post saying Stern John should come off the bench...Stern John play against an experienced and Strong Swedish defence by himself yesterday and did very very well.. I don't doubt Stern, He is a boss...As for Latapy lasting 15 minutes...Beenhakker is right in my opinion....Remember the Bahrain game when the pace of the game was so quick that it took Latas out the game...Then in the second game he came on and hit the post...Why you questioning Beenhakker? Look at what the man do  :o...When men was skeptical about us being in World Cup I just used to say Beenhakker know what he doing and Football does play on the day not before or after it...The only thing I would want to see Aurtis Whitley start...If he does is up to the coach...He came of the bench and did well..so if Beenhakker chose to do the same thing...thats up to him....anyhow boss...relax...Football is a funny sport...Go T&T

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 12:32:38 PM »
Beenie might jes be saving Latas for extensive minutes for this game.  We'll see.

1]; } ?>