April 24, 2024, 04:57:30 PM

Author Topic: The nerve of these reporters.....  (Read 8589 times)

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
The nerve of these reporters.....
« on: June 12, 2006, 03:16:01 PM »
HI Guys,
Just read this article and I don't undestand why it is hard for these people to respect us. FOOTBALL IS NOT MATHS famous words by Don Leo

http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/article.aspx?hlid=394311&CPID=4&clid=114&lid=&title=Harry:+Start+with+Wayne

Harry: Start with Wayne.
By Paul Higham.

Harry Redknapp would start with Wayne Rooney up front for England against Trinidad & Tobago, and would also give Theo Walcott a run-out.

The Portsmouth manager believes that Manchester United marksman Rooney could do with an hour against the Caribbean side, who he believes should be no match for England's star-studded line-up.

Although Rooney has not played since the end of April with his now famous broken foot, he is now back in full training and Sven Goran Eriksson has hinted he may take the field against T&T.

Redknapp says that if Rooney's injury has fully healed he should start the game against The Soca Warriors, as it would be the ideal time to get some match action under his belt in a game England should win comfortably.

"If he's 100 percent, and they're saying he's fit, then you'd look to get an hour into him," Redknapp told Sky Sports News.

"And if you're going to do that then you start him, and then an hour would bring his fitness up a level.

"Then, I'm sure we'd be qualified after this game, you'd give him an hour against Sweden and then get him ready for the knockout stages.

"So if he's fit then he's ready to get some action I would have thought.

"It depends how fit he is but if they think he's ready then you couldn't have a better game as I'm sure we're going to dominate. So getting an hour into him would bring his fitness levels on an awful lot and would do him good."

Redknapp understands any concerns Sir Alex Ferguson might have in Rooney returning to action, but says that it is out of his hands as a medical issue.

"I don't know how fit he is, that is the question. If he's fit to play then he's fit to play.

"I can understand where Alex is coming from for sure but it's a medical decision and if they're saying there's no problem with him then you need to get some fitness into him for the later stages, and this is an ideal opportunity."

Redknapp would also like to see surprise inclusion Walcott given a game against the Caribbean outfit.

"Again, if you're going to play him and you want a look at him this could be an ideal opportunity with 25 minutes or so left to go," added Redknapp.

"Maybe Rooney would go off after an hour with us three or four up, which I think we should be, and then maybe you could bring Walcott on for the last half hour if he wants a look at him.

"He may as well watch him, he's never seen him play. It would be a good opportunity for Sven to watch him play.

"We're on a different level to Trinidad, just because they got a draw with Sweden people are saying it might be tough but it's not a tough game - you couldn't wish for a better game."
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 03:19:44 PM by Flex »

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
Re: The nerve of these reporters.....
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 03:26:51 PM »
Take it easy nah.

The man say that we don't have the same calibre of players that they do and that it should be an easy win for England.

On paper it should be but we know different because we spend all day and night following the team and expecting the best performance from the team.

All he is doing is the same thing but from England's point of view, so what is the problem. Unless you believe that we are better than England, then they considering themselves as favourites should not be a problem.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 03:28:17 PM »
Let them talk !!!!!!

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 03:30:27 PM »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 03:33:23 PM »
Yeah but this world is fair but is man that makes it unfair. I normally am an angel on this site but even angels get angry too

Offline kappy

• Sr. Warrior
  • Tantie whey yuh dey !!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2006, 03:35:59 PM »
Yuh know i does want tuh ring dem fellasneck when they talk about the side like dat ...saying its an easy win ...an dat how dey qualified after dey play we ... but anyways ..we had we poison in dat in 1989 ... now fuh dem tuh get ah taste
Snake in de balliser

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 03:37:02 PM »
Take it easy nah.

The man say that we don't have the same calibre of players that they do and that it should be an easy win for England.

On paper it should be but we know different because we spend all day and night following the team and expecting the best performance from the team.

All he is doing is the same thing but from England's point of view, so what is the problem. Unless you believe that we are better than England, then they considering themselves as favourites should not be a problem.

I wonder if Harry felt the Paraguay team was not on their level. The English barely eeked out a one goal(an own goal at that ::) )win over Paraguay.  On paper everyone should be beating us, I just so glad the soca warriors pay that little mind.

I hope these guys know that the warriors didn't travel to Germany to lime and fete, but to represent T&T football at their level best. Sweden knows! ;)
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 03:43:24 PM »
HI Guys,
Just read this article and I don't undestand why it is hard for these people to respect us. FOOTBALL IS NOT MATHS famous words by Don Leo

http://home.skysports.com/worldcup/article.aspx?hlid=394311&CPID=4&clid=114&lid=&title=Harry:+Start+with+Wayne

Harry: Start with Wayne.
By Paul Higham.

Harry Redknapp would start with Wayne Rooney up front for England against Trinidad & Tobago, and would also give Theo Walcott a run-out.

The Portsmouth manager believes that Manchester United marksman Rooney could do with an hour against the Caribbean side, who he believes should be no match for England's star-studded line-up.

Although Rooney has not played since the end of April with his now famous broken foot, he is now back in full training and Sven Goran Eriksson has hinted he may take the field against T&T.

Redknapp says that if Rooney's injury has fully healed he should start the game against The Soca Warriors, as it would be the ideal time to get some match action under his belt in a game England should win comfortably.

"If he's 100 percent, and they're saying he's fit, then you'd look to get an hour into him," Redknapp told Sky Sports News.

"And if you're going to do that then you start him, and then an hour would bring his fitness up a level.

"Then, I'm sure we'd be qualified after this game, you'd give him an hour against Sweden and then get him ready for the knockout stages.

"So if he's fit then he's ready to get some action I would have thought.

"It depends how fit he is but if they think he's ready then you couldn't have a better game as I'm sure we're going to dominate. So getting an hour into him would bring his fitness levels on an awful lot and would do him good."

Redknapp understands any concerns Sir Alex Ferguson might have in Rooney returning to action, but says that it is out of his hands as a medical issue.

"I don't know how fit he is, that is the question. If he's fit to play then he's fit to play.

"I can understand where Alex is coming from for sure but it's a medical decision and if they're saying there's no problem with him then you need to get some fitness into him for the later stages, and this is an ideal opportunity."

Redknapp would also like to see surprise inclusion Walcott given a game against the Caribbean outfit.

"Again, if you're going to play him and you want a look at him this could be an ideal opportunity with 25 minutes or so left to go," added Redknapp.

"Maybe Rooney would go off after an hour with us three or four up, which I think we should be, and then maybe you could bring Walcott on for the last half hour if he wants a look at him.

"He may as well watch him, he's never seen him play. It would be a good opportunity for Sven to watch him play.

"We're on a different level to Trinidad, just because they got a draw with Sweden people are saying it might be tough but it's not a tough game - you couldn't wish for a better game."

All dat is small talk yes, cuz is 11 vs 11 on Thursday, anything is possible.

RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 03:44:14 PM »
Who was it that said that TnT and Australia would be the weekest teams in this World Cup. ???????
Somebody remind me because I want to tell him to buy some Ketchup to eat them words with...

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 03:48:29 PM »
Yeah,
That is what I say too respect us for being there because it was not easy. It is 11 versus 11 out there. I am a trini living in the UK for just a year and I am so fed up of hearing them put us down like we nothing. We reach and anything is possible. They aint score or win anything yet.

No mind you I am not talking the english bad but I hate it when they act so high and might liek they better than we.

I agree they have some good players but football is about team effort not one man and he foot

:angel:

Offline Reggaefan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 03:52:20 PM »
Rastaman...

T&T are first-timers to the world cup...and Australia are perrenial chokers...Reporters will always classify these teams as not worthy of being at the finals...There was alot of that going around when Jamaica went to the woorld cup oin France....Anyone remeber the comment made by the argentine coach before they faced Jamaica? Its bad when it comes from a reporter, but even worse when it comes from a coach.

There are hardly any underdogs in world football today...as many teams from "poorer" countries have started to employ top rated coaches from Europe and south America...the playing field has leveled out somewhat.  both australia and T&T are being guided by top-flight coaches...something you wouldnt perhaps not find happening 10 years ago.

Of all te Africa teams at the world cup, I believe only Angola has a native coach.

I suspect the USA will draw for a top rated coach in the mold of Guus Hiddink...then and only then perhaps we will se them lift a world cup trophy.

World football is changing.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 03:54:08 PM by Reggaefan »

Offline essexgirl22

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 03:53:07 PM »
LET THE IDIOTS TALK they have nothing better do to :rotfl:

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 04:04:31 PM »
Yeah that is so true nothing is impossible in football anymore.  :angel:

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 04:08:23 PM »
Rastaman...

T&T are first-timers to the world cup...and Australia are perrenial chokers...Reporters will always classify these teams as not worthy of being at the finals...There was alot of that going around when Jamaica went to the woorld cup oin France....Anyone remeber the comment made by the argentine coach before they faced Jamaica? Its bad when it comes from a reporter, but even worse when it comes from a coach.

There are hardly any underdogs in world football today...as many teams from "poorer" countries have started to employ top rated coaches from Europe and south America...the playing field has leveled out somewhat.  both australia and T&T are being guided by top-flight coaches...something you wouldnt perhaps not find happening 10 years ago.

Of all te Africa teams at the world cup, I believe only Angola has a native coach.

I suspect the USA will draw for a top rated coach in the mold of Guus Hiddink...then and only then perhaps we will se them lift a world cup trophy.

World football is changing.

Actually RF It was Bruse Arena I just remembered... But thanks anyway for your input.

Australia won today and TnT drew Sat...What did USA do ?????????

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 04:20:41 PM »
YEAH THAT IS TRUE RASTAMAN :angel:

Offline lihalquay

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 06:06:47 PM »
I am not a football expert AT ALL  but I am thinking football is a lot like life if people underestimate you, then it means that they underprepare for you. There is always serious consequences when one is not prepared. I  don't mind if England like Sweden think that we are a push over. I like being the underdog.  The pressure is not on us but on them, lets see how well they do.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 07:17:15 PM »
this is exactly what i want the english to think, the more they underrate  or right us off the better we do....
i want their team to start talking this talk... don't be offended...

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 07:33:20 PM »
Hear nah talk keep them talking

My team show me they can play some defence,all I want is to see that continue for the rest of the cup,I know we offence go catch up before its all said and done,just remember Fall down about due any day now and Thursday I can see him cashing in,with a double

I think the best thing that happen to the Warriors was them 3 cut ass that we get,cause I tell you our intensity level was up for that Sweden game and only time will support me there,then again maybe Archie look into the crystal ball and see the Warriors future and it looking bright

In the immortal words of a famous Soca Warrior

Ah love it

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 07:43:16 PM »
3/4 ah trini running round and saying england iz shit and we go beat them cause we draw with sweden. one man say he go beat we and allyuh vex

stupesssssss

cyar wait fuh de board go back to me being one ah the only idiots here, men have meh feeling like ah intellect like kicker and dem
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 07:49:41 PM »
Well...it better he feel that we going and get beat. I go be glad if de whole world does too. As much as we can pull off something against england we need to keep our feet on the ground. The english media musbe done griping about dat sub subpar performance against paraguay. Dem eh going and come light on nobody.....so doh get carried away. Remember.....we dont have nothing to loose. And if he bring rooney on no scene.....a nice piece of roxborogh blade go have him wondering why de hell he didnt stay quiet until second rounds. And knowing how they herald rooney as a god.....dat go be like a kick to stones to their morale in that game. Remember.....we have one more point than everybody expected us to get in this whole world cup.......so all here is jus bonus.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline croc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 08:15:15 PM »
WHAT YUH CANT SEE THEY PUTTING US DOWN!!!!!!SAME OLE sh##  NO FLIPPING RESPECT....WE GO SEE.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 11:03:30 PM »
How many times have we seen this kindah ting happening to we. These fellas always yapping dey mouth an then when we hear the end result is always we dancing enjoying weself.

Let England talk dey talk we will see on Thursday. :D
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2006, 02:52:00 AM »
I have a feeling that this will be the match of the tournament.

I was looking at Sky sports news and they are closely looking at us now. Before they use to talk us down but now as our Saturday performance, they are keen on us.

They said Rooney want to play against us but it looks like he will not play because some man suppose to come and he only arriving on Friday which means that Rooney may miss our game but be ready for Sweden

:angel:

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2006, 03:15:42 AM »

it does not surprise me that england is STILL underestimating t&t.
they are allways a bit slow.....

BUT, that is a BIG advantage for T&T,just look at the swedish,they did the same

so let them play the one with one foot,and the baby,great for us!

t&t 1
england 0

why not?

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2006, 04:00:52 AM »
no probs let then start wayne,i am sure sancho or cyd will fix him well

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2006, 04:06:40 AM »
3/4 ah trini running round and saying england iz shit and we go beat them cause we draw with sweden. one man say he go beat we and allyuh vex

stupesssssss

cyar wait fuh de board go back to me being one ah the only idiots here, men have meh feeling like ah intellect like kicker and dem

:rotfl:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline sprog

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2006, 08:44:07 AM »
no probs let then start wayne,i am sure sancho or cyd will fix him well

Boy dem hooligans guh kill we arse if dat happen, but they so stupid they paying for not bringing fit and in form strikers now

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2006, 08:50:55 AM »
Once again this a game where we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. Beenie is at helm control and he will see us through this one. Personally I am hoping we win this one, but a draw would be nice.

Offline Clarke

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2006, 08:57:45 AM »
Don Leo again will show his masterful touch in this game i am sure. He probably coming out with some totally different strategy that they work out just for England and flick up whatever preparation and prediction them English technical staff probably try. The man is a genius and he will prove it again.

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2006, 09:03:14 AM »
Only time will tell. :angel:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

1]; } ?>