March 28, 2024, 11:50:42 AM

Poll

WHO WILL WIN?

ENGLAND
8 (17.4%)
TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
38 (82.6%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: My Line-up for England minus Avery  (Read 11889 times)

TrinInfinite

My Line-up for England minus Avery
« on: June 11, 2006, 08:22:17 PM »
            shaka-bc jack not 100%

edwards          sancho      tallest        grey

birchall

samuel       yorke        whitley       wise

jones 

the reason ah pick jones is bc he is a player who will run back and play d, stern and glenn wasnt doin dat atall in de game, dey juss playing upfront and limin, jones plays an allround game, wise on de left and smauel on de right bc he samuel is a natural right footer and can cross, so can wise, wise will also bring possession on de left, dis team is a very good all round, which will pose more of a threat than de sweden line-up and playing edwards in de back will allow us 2 build our attack from the back wihout this boom kick

vibes it up 

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: My Line-up for England minus Avery
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 08:27:05 PM »
I actually had the same line up.

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 08:29:57 PM »
            shaka-bc jack not 100%

birchall

jones 

the reason ah pick jones is bc he is a player who will run back and play d, stern and glenn wasnt doin dat atall in de game, dey juss playing upfront and limin, jones plays an allround game, wise on de left and smauel on de right bc he samuel is a natural right footer and can cross, so can wise, wise will also bring possession on de left, dis team is a very good all round, which will pose more of a threat than de sweden line-up and playing edwards in de back will allow us 2 build our attack from the back wihout this boom kick

vibes it up 

I now convince you should be hanging out with the squirrels,because you F***king Nuts...............

TrinInfinite

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 08:30:04 PM »
I actually had the same line up.

serious bredda, didnt see it, thought of dis line-up during de sweden game and afterwards but couldnt post it bc i couldnt get a computer >:(

TrinInfinite

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 08:32:54 PM »
            shaka-bc jack not 100%

birchall

jones 

vibes it up 

I now convince you should be hanging out with the squirrels,because you F***king Nuts...............

u could even put yorke in de stopper position, where birchall is bc we need a link from defense 2 mid bc we lost de ball 2 much bc dey couldnt connect in de sweden game :beermug:

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 09:43:00 PM »

i like ur line up  TrinInfinite

Offline rasajoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
First goal against England
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2006, 02:39:01 AM »
Hi Guys,

I wanted to get your feel of this and I just have a feeling this game WILL have goals as I had stated before I felt the Sweden match would end in a tie be it 0-0 or 1-1. I am feeling 75% sure this match will not end in a tie.

SO WHO DO YOU BELIEVE IN YOUR HEART WILL OPEN UP GOAL FOR TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO

:angel:

Offline lunz

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
ENGLAND vs TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2006, 02:44:19 AM »
I AM FAN OF ENGLAND BUT TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO IS MY SOCA WARRIORS.

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2006, 02:48:23 AM »
i rather put yorke in birchall place...and i'll monitor birchall game..bcuz u only as good as your last game...and he didnt have the best against sweden.theobald played better

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: First goal against England
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2006, 02:49:12 AM »
yorke...u heard it here first.

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: First goal against England - Birchall all the way!
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2006, 03:01:40 AM »
If we score, it would be Chris Birchall to get it. Everyone would be looking for Yorke as he's the big name. Or Stern, as hes our main striker.

But it is actually made for Chris Birchall, English born and raised, playing for TnT against his heroes. Plucked from obscurity into the footballing mainstage.

Classic football story for the underdog. If he scores, I think we will go on for a fairytale win.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 03:03:32 AM by UK_Soca_warrior »

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2006, 03:13:28 AM »
i rather put yorke in birchall place...and i'll monitor birchall game..bcuz u only as good as your last game...and he didnt have the best against sweden.theobald played better

I though Theobold and Birchall both had similar games. The thing is, I believe as much as Birchall is tigerish in midfield, against England we need a shoot on sight policy. We cant defend 90 mins straight against England. They have more fire power than Sweden. I think we need to really play on the counter attack. I believe Chris Birchall in a more advanced midfield position to get him on top the box to shoot on goal will work. He can be that added distraction to the England defence, shoot shots, get parried and Stern follow up with de rebounds.

Cus really our midfield is not much of a goal threat. And against England, we need to give Lampard and Gerrard something to think about. So someone needs to keep pressing on them high up. Forcing them to think about defending instead of morauding forward at will. Like Cornel Glens roll against Sweden. We cannot allow England to get ontop of us close to our 18 yard box, or WE WILL LOOSE, AND HEAVILY TOO.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 03:17:19 AM by UK_Soca_warrior »

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 03:18:56 AM »

if its a penalty,who is gonna take it?

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2006, 03:22:49 AM »

if its a penalty,who is gonna take it?

Dais a gud question dred!  ??? But Really yorke, because he has more big match experience.

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2006, 04:11:34 AM »

ok yorke is a good option
hope he does not get shaky legs when the world is watchin
but with his experience....

the reason why i ask this,is because im dutch
we love to miss penalties

haha
great poll
game does not have to be played! its obvious,3-0 t&t win

but beenhakker never lets yorke play that far upfront trininfinite
or am i seeing something wrong?
yorke is the cement between the defence an attack,with defence as priority.
hes the hart of the team,if you let him play too far upfront the gaps between attack and defence will be enormous!
am i wrong?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2006, 06:31:27 AM »
----------------------------------Shaka---------------------------------------

Edwards-----------------------Sancho--------------------Tallest-------------Cyd

Whitley---------------Birchall -----------------Yorke---------------Theobald----------Samuel(but I prefer Wise )

------------------------------Stern-----------------------------------------------

Tha's the side beenie will use, trust me. The midfield is not set positions cause Beenie seem to have no problem playing both Theobald and Whitley on the flanks, so I feel he will put either of them on the right, although I prefer Birchall get a try there since he accustomed to that.

Also, Yorke will play in a more defensive or attacking role based on the state of the gam, so I just put him in the middle.

I feel Wise could be more solid on the left and Cornell and Samuel off the bench with pace will kill England in the last 20 minutes...
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

TrinInfinite

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2006, 08:09:10 AM »

Whitley---------------Birchall -----------------Yorke---------------Theobald----------Samuel(but I prefer Wise )

------------------------------Stern-----------------------------------------------

Tha's the side beenie will use, trust me. The midfield is not set positions cause Beenie seem to have no problem playing both Theobald and Whitley on the flanks, so I feel he will put either of them on the right, although I prefer Birchall get a try there since he accustomed to that.

Also, Yorke will play in a more defensive or attacking role based on the state of the gam, so I just put him in the middle.

I feel Wise could be more solid on the left and Cornell and Samuel off the bench with pace will kill England in the last 20 minutes...

I ENT CARE WAT PEOPLE SAY; STERN NOT PULLIN HE WEIGHT RIGHT NOW; HE NEED TUH SIT DOWN :beermug:

Offline triniwings

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2006, 08:40:14 AM »
dis is my opinion

1st half:

Shaka

Sancho                  Giraffe   

Carlos                                                                             Gray

Birchall                    Whitley

Scotland                                   Yorke                                  Samuel

Kenwyne       

2nd half:(last 20 mins)

Shaka

Sancho                  Giraffe   

Carlos                                                                             Gray

Yorke                   

Scotland                                                                           Samuel

Latapy

Jones                              Glen

Subs:
Out: Birchall       In: Latapy(60th minute)
Out: Whitley     In: Glen(70th minute)

I think Kenwyne has the same amount of close control as Stern for takin' down long balls.  He is strong, fit, and most of all has more desire and hunger.  He will be more effective on top on his own than Stern and will even help us get back possesion of the ball in the opponent's half.  I think he will start Scotland wide on the right instead of Wise.  Scotland played wide on the right and left versus Slovenia in the first half, and looked promising.  He can take on defenders and can finish better than most.  I say we play our 4-5-1 for 60 mins...then we shift to our 4-4-2 as I have it above.

The important thing in this match is to concede as little goals(if any) as possible.  We will need to play that tight, committed defending for long periods and den hit dem on dee counter.  T&T needs to frustrate England, and when they get mentally and physically tired/frustrated, we go to 4-4-2 keep more possesion of dee ball wit latas and company and kill dem wit glen and jones on top...while wippin in crosses on both sides.

Wa alya tink?

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2006, 09:09:21 AM »

I ENT CARE WAT PEOPLE SAY; STERN NOT PULLIN HE WEIGHT RIGHT NOW; HE NEED TUH SIT DOWN :beermug:

We probly all agree with u...but Beenie calling all the shots and he backing the record goal scorer.

But Jones seems to be able to do all that Stern does, plus he bigger, more mobile and less prone to falling down.
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Clarke

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Do you think Beenie will use the same strategy against england?
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2006, 09:13:25 AM »
As we have seen the genius of Don Leo has shown up again. He had outwitted the opponents in this group by playing a seemingly flawed defence in our warm up games. Knowing that the English would be lookin at that Sweden game do you all belive that he will start with the same strategy as he did against Sweden or will he utilise something new to totally confuse the English Staff also???????

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2006, 09:17:18 AM »
whatever beenie pick i good wit
i eh like all dis WA IS URE LINEUP ting
beenie is de coach i am 100% confident in him
he seeing these players much more dan us and im sure he will do the right thing

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2006, 09:20:25 AM »
i like spidey buffs assessment

so triniwings stern john have no place in ur team even in d last 20 mins????? now dat is a real mad man post

my team cuz i goign for a win

...........................shaka..................

sancho...........andrews.........lawrence.........cyd

.........................yorke..........................

edwards...................birchall................aurtis

................john..............glenn...........

if andrews not fit by then drop edwards right back sancho back to the middle

right wing will be taken up by birchall cuz edwards go give some forward support pull aurtis centre and samuel back on the left

in the second half for sure take off samuel cuz he might be bun and put on latapy or wise

take off stern for jones a bigger more poweful player needed as d game opens up

final score tnt 2 (john header from right side cross 16)(edwards bullet  50) england 1 (gerrad free kick 21)
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline Clarke

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Why Ppl fee we fraid England?
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2006, 09:45:20 AM »
Have they not heard the name of our boys? We are the Soca WARRIORS? which warrior u ever hear fraid a lion? Boy we rushin in with we spears and swords to slay them. We aint gonna be stupid but we will be brave. Go Warriors. Slit them Lion throat and send the skins bk to England.

Offline trickadadian

• New Warrior
  • I am ah warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Why Ppl fee we fraid England?
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 09:49:37 AM »
Ik now dem boys eh fraid england, after the Sweden match, they have real confidence goin against England, Yorke even say dat they ridin high now, after they know they can handle themselves against a European powerhouse like Sweden.

All I know is I takin de day off on Thursday yes

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
  • I SELL FOOTBALL JERSEYS
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 10:20:19 AM »
Exactly what weight did Stern not pull. All through the match Sweden had 4 defenders agaisnt Stern and he was pulling all of them. What is a man to do with long balls played into him with his back to goal and 2 defenders on his back and another waiting to clean up??? Beenhakker's strategy should be changed for Stern to move out onto the wing where again he'll draw the defence and then have a pace man like Glen or Kenwyne running down the middle. That should have been for Sweden game but for England, the pace mansay Kenwyne or Glen could run the wing because that's where England are weaker and Kenwyne could definitely 'out pounds' Cole or Neville. Beenhakker is afraid to attack because of our defence being leaky so you can't blame Stern for what the coach told him to do.
WELCOME TO DINSLEY OUT IN THE STREETZ THEY CALL ME FATZ

Without Him, I am nothing but with Him I can do all things. Phil 4:13

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 10:29:41 AM »
                       Shaka (if jack can't go)

Andrews if he can go otherwise Sancho      Lawrence
Sancho or Atiba                                                                                        Gray(unfortunately)

Whitley
                                Yorke                                 
Edwards                                                               Latapy or Birchall
                                                                                                     Samuel or Wise                 
                                         Glen or Jones

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2006, 10:50:43 AM »
            shaka-bc jack not 100%

birchall

jones 

vibes it up 

And u just post in a nex thread to take edwards outta right back dred????????
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline FATZ

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2006, 10:54:03 AM »
            shaka-bc jack not 100%

birchall

jones 

vibes it up 

And u just post in a nex thread to take edwards outta right back dred????????

he's playing Beenhakker and trying to trick us :rotfl: :rotfl: but really and truly, Edwards can't last a 90 in defense.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 03:01:23 PM »

That is the line up self, with one change: Cornell Glenn will start at right midfield and not Whitley.  Glenn on the right and Samuel on the left?  PAAAAAAAACE IN DEY WAIST!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 03:04:25 PM by Jahyouth »

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 05:39:38 PM »
when i read these posts I realise that..... like we eh playing nobody ???
we put all our focus on our team suirely we must consider what England will send against us and how we will defend.....How do you stop gerard and lampard shots from outside the area ? with this new ball being unpredictable we could get killed from way out as frings demonstrated.
Will the coach play a containing game to avoid the early goal we love to concede or will his tactics be different.
Surely the team selected must reflect some expectation of what the opposition is likely to try and in the analyses i haven't seen anyone pick a team based on this.

1]; } ?>