April 28, 2024, 03:33:25 PM

Author Topic: T&T vs Mexico Thread.  (Read 33494 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
T&T vs Mexico Thread.
« on: June 07, 2005, 05:55:34 AM »
Greetings.

As usual, any updates/scores on the game vs Mexico will be posted here, this way, we can maintain the message board and not make it look to scrappy with un-necessary headlines and postings.

For the internet users, you can follow the game at these sites;

1. SW Online.

2. SW Online Live Chat.

3. Fifaworldcup.com.

4. Homeviewtnt/CT105fm.

This is the Vibe CT 105fm official website, but I'm not sure if you can listen to the game there, you may have to go through Homeviewtnt and click on radio then follow the link that says Vibe CT 105fm.

As I get more info I will post it.

The Local Organising Committee Germany 2006 Ltd has also advised that Wednesday’s match will be broadcast live from Monterrey on NCC TV-Channels 4 and 16 at 8pm local time.

US fans on the East Coast can view the match on the Spanish Station (Telemundo) at 8pm. DISH Network will also be showing the game, thats channel number: 835, orbital slot: 110 degrees west longitude. DirecTV Para Todos channel number: 405.

News, squad updates and more to be posted soon.

Good Luck Mighty Warriors. ...  ;D
Mexican media rushes as fans cheer on 'Warriors'
By: Shaun Fuentes in Monterrey.

Team skipper Dwight Yorke and his “Warriors” still had smiles on their faces as they arrived at the Sheraton Hotel, Monterrey at around 1am (12 midnight T&T time) following their flight from Port of Spain via Miami and Dallas on Monday.
The “Warriors” were delayed some two hours in Dallas but met an aggressive Mexican media contingent and voiceferous bunch of locals who surprising cheered the team on as they came out of the customs area on their way to the waiting team bus. Earlier on in Miami, the contingent got several good luck and congratulatory messages from Jamaicans and other Latinos while American Airline flight attendants made it their duty to let all know that the “Warriors” were on board and wished them well in Wednesday’s encounter.
T&T head coach Leo Beenhakker was mugged by several reporters and cameramen as he came through the doors and Yorke and Dennis Lawrence both had questions to answer from the Mexican media as the team attempted to hustle into the bus. Though not unexpected, the T&T contingent did not have the luxury of waiting Mexican officials to speed up the passage through the customs area and each player had to wait in line and then collect luggage contrary to the norm for visiting teams at least for international matches. Team administrator George Joseph who arrived previously, was on spot to ensure though that all was in place for the players to head straight to their rooms on arrival at The Sheraton which was followed by a quick dinner and lights out. Beenhakker spoke briefly to the players at dinner and the mood was an upbeat one despite the long day and a training session is scheduled for 9am.
“We’re just pleased to be here but the real deal is on Wednesday,” Yorke told reporters. “It’s been a good weekend for us with the win over Panama and the lads are all up for it and we could expect a pretty good match up on Wednesday.”
Beenhakker spoke of the importance of the win against Panama, stressing that there was new belief in the team.  “The win was a wonderful one for us and our aim is to build on that and obviously that starts with our next game which is here on Wednesday against the Mexico National team.”

Twenty-man squad in Monterrey:

Goalkeepers:
Kelvin Jack (Dundee), Duarance Williams (CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh).

Defenders:
Dennis Lawrence (Wrexham), Marvin Andrews (Glasgow Rangers), Anton Pierre (Defence Force),  Marlon Rojas (Real Salt Lake), Avery John (New England Revolution), Atiba Charles (Vibe CT 105 W Connection).

Midfielders:
Glenton Wolfe (National Quarries NE Stars), Carlos Edwards  (Luton Town), Chris Birchall (Port Vale), Leslie Fitzpatrick (Real Salt Lake), Aurtis Whitley (CL Financial San Juan Jabloteh), Brent Rahim (unattached), Densill Theobald (Caledonia AIA Fire).

Forwards:
Gary Glasgow (Unattached), Kenwyne Jones (Southampton), Stern John (Coventry City), Hector Sam (Wrexham), Dwight Yorke (Sydney FC).
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 06:06:01 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Mexico Thread.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 06:52:13 AM »
nice to know that de squad being encouraged and supported throughout!! this nice feeling ah have inside meh feeling sweet!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 10:15:10 AM »
Thanks for the starting time dey flex...ah was sweating trying to figure out what to believe.

Fellas yuh think Tallest should start??

I used to think the best place for he was first stopper, ah man like he shouldnt be playing last stopper because with them long spindly legs he go might eat some crucial beat.

But F. Stopper was his position the last time he played in Mex. and I hear he look like sh^%.

Now tallest played a good last stopper role under Porters and he is vital for headers when running up front.

What do u guys think??

Peace,
VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 10:15:45 AM »
Hey Flex... Did you recieve the second email from me???

truetrini

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 10:16:06 AM »

Mexico coach Ricardo Lavolpe has warned his side against underestimating the threat of Trinidad & Tobago when the two nations meet in Wednesday's World Cup qualifier in Monterrey.

Mexico are firm favourites going into the clash as they are top of the CONCACAF standings with 10 points, six points clear of fourth-placed Trinidad & Tobago.

Mexico have also gone 17 successive World Cup qualifiers without defeat but Lavolpe is still remaining wary of a Trinidad & Tobago side that claimed their first win of the campaign on Saturday with a 2-0 triumph over Panama.

"It's a very important match and we will work to get the three points. In modern football there are no easy opponents, everyone is difficult, so we are going to face Trinidad and Tobago with responsibility," the Argentinian-born Lavolpe said.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 10:24:34 AM »
(Truetrini) Any post from now on that does not have the source where they got the news will be deleted, sorry, nothing personal. ... 8)

Meanwhile, VB yes, I am sure Lawrence will start, come on man, he did good in our last game and is high in confidence, he's also a hard worker, why not.

Samo, I replied you.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 10:26:35 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Back up Chat
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 10:50:33 AM »
Fellas,

on Sat. some of us couldn't get on the Warriors Chat.

A few of us went to the old Forum to leave updates but I personally was missing the feeling of Real Time.

I offered the Fatima Chat room as a back up.

Abt. 12-15 odd ppl. used it..and as I was the only one there with access to Home View..I was typing over time.

I'm offering it again as a back up for those who might come late and not be able to access the Warriors Chat.

This is the second and only time I'll  post it for this purpose. Thus, retain the URL for your future use..as I don't want to have to put up with gossip about me luring ppl to another site.

I realize many are fine with the Forum as a back up, but for those who want RT and cant' get on the Warriors Chat...the Fatima Chat will serve a purpose.

Personally I plan to be with the regulars on the Warriors Chat...but there is a back up there if  u need it.

http://www.fatimaboys.homestead.com/chat.html

Peace,
VB

« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 10:58:57 AM by vb »

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 11:08:42 AM »
Hey vb,

I am getting the game live here in the US and will be posting as I see it..
Flex. I replied to you. I just ordered it.

Laterz

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 11:12:36 AM »
Well Sammo between u and those of us listening to Homeview..the Massive should be well served...Looking forward to ur commentarry.. :)

VB

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 12:05:49 PM »
But F. Stopper was his position the last time he played in Mex. and I hear he look like sh^%.

Last round when we played Mexico in Mexico (and lose 3-nil) BSC had the brilliant idea to play Lawrence as the left wingback in a 3-5-2 formation.   And yes he did look like sh$t.  Back then we had Jones playing right wingback and the back 3 in that match was Andrews, Cox and Sancho.  Eve, Boucaud and Rahim were the others in the middle.  Stern and Glen up front.

Looking at our current squad I think it is an improvement over that one, especially in midfield.

Squad:
(WCQ) T&T   0  vs  3  Mexico,  Oct, 13th, 2004: 1-Shaka Hislop; 19-Kenwyne Jones, 4-Marvin Andrews, 5-Brent Sancho, 16-Dennis Lawrence (18-Silvio Spann 81st); 3-Ian Cox, 7-Andre Boucaud (Densill Theobold 67th), 8-Angus Eve (capt), 10-Brent Rahim; 14-Stern John, 13-Cornell Glen (Errol McFarlane 76th).

Express Report
Fuentes report

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 03:02:59 PM »
Doh let Corneal hear you.... ;D

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 03:52:45 PM »
Ah going with a 4-5-1 for tomorrow.

Jack                 
Charles  Andrews   Lawrence    Avery
                    Birchall                 
Edwards    Yorke   Whitley   Tiger
                     John                 

Good Luck Meh Boys.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 03:58:29 PM »
Good Luck Warriors and remember,

We going in the game with 1 point

That point is ours to lose, or we have two extra to gain.

I feel we could surprise people tomorrow......When last Yorke and John went Mexico together?

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2005, 04:02:50 PM »
When last Yorke and John went Mexico together?

Spring break in Cancun last year?

Offline Tha G.

• Sr. Warrior
  • Anytime is trini time, cyah wait to buss ah lime
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005, 07:47:49 PM »
if we playing dem at or near sea level, we stand a good chance of cutting dey arse.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2005, 07:54:54 PM »
As a Saints man, ah rather dead dan go on dat Fatima Message Board.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2005, 09:12:56 PM »
Flex! doh warn him jes delete de damn ting. True should know better dan dat....dammit! :)

truetrini

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2005, 09:33:46 PM »
hey I jes copy and paste dat from Al site.

Offline Liburd

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2005, 11:46:33 PM »
One thing that we are not keeping in mind is that the Mexicans are familiar with Beenieman's reputation having coached Americas.  In fact, they would be foolish to take this game likely since they only have one game's footage to  build a strategy around.  You [TNT] have a brand new team here! new management has brought a more finished play quality to your national squad.  Your team demolished a Panama teacm which Mexico couldn't.   No one in the media (GolTV or  FSC) has mentioned that fact.  I expect a tight ugly game tomorrow.   The goal will be to maintain the pace and try to get ahead early.  Mexico is dangerous when they score within the first 15 minutes.   

This game is gonna be ugly if TNT scores first.  The Mexicans' weakness is that they have a lot of players with bad tempers.   That coulpled with their arrogance should make them very vulnerable to quick counter attacks after questionable fouls!   Mark my words.  There will be some ugly fouling if TNT scores first.   Go Trinidad.   You represent us all !

Offline Youngone

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2005, 03:21:06 AM »
I keep reading and i havent said nothing...But there are a lot of thigns that are starting to work on my nerves..First off, Fitzpatrick is not a footballer, put birchall to play infront of him everytime..second of all - WHY WOULD ANYONE PUT YORKE IN MIDFIELD?...thats the most worthless thing ive seen. Hes a striker..he scores goals, he is absolutely useless anywhere else..would you put him in defence as well? NO!
But for the most point, John and Yorke are 2 lazy strikers who enjoy balls being playing to them. They are getting to old, bring in some new players that will have all guns blazing and pair them up with a veteran striker...Glasglow and Stern or Yorke and that guy from Starworld Stikers - Vijay...Man will cut throat.. not to mention that no indians are picked for the squad, ive seen indians play a whole lot better then half the players playing now..especially silvio spann.  And for them men that does praise clayton ince, you all need glasses...Play Kelvin man is large like shaka.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2005, 04:43:42 AM »
You were making much more sense when you said nothing.   :-X

Did you see Yorke play against USA, Guatemala or Costa Rica in midfield?  He got the highest ratings of any player on the team.  Not saying he shouldn't be playing striker, but to say he's worthless as a midfielder, especially at T&T and Concacaf level, is absurd.

Spann is not there because he playing half the globe away in Japan and his club wouldn't release him for any training camps so Beenie has not seen him yet.  To bring that racist shit talk about no Indians in de team is just plain ignorance.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Things looking up
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2005, 05:48:00 AM »
According to the Express report..the match in Mont. will only be played at around 550 metres above sea level...big diff. from 2000 metres.

This might still have an effect on the Warriors..I dk.

I dk why Mex. opted for Mont. when they coulda jam we at higher altitude. I can only assume dey thought we was soff...so dey give the Mont. folks a chance to watch some football.

BTW allyuh note how dem bitches treating we??

Nobody at the airport to meet us...players individually having to go through Customs.

Having us come to the Grounds in the morning and only AFTER we start training telling us that the custom is to train in the aft.

These fu^%$^% deliberately dicking us around.

I expect FULL PAY BACK when they come to TT.

Peace,
VB

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2005, 06:04:42 AM »
I keep reading and i havent said nothing...But there are a lot of thigns that are starting to work on my nerves..First off, Fitzpatrick is not a footballer, put birchall to play infront of him everytime..second of all - WHY WOULD ANYONE PUT YORKE IN MIDFIELD?...thats the most worthless thing ive seen. Hes a striker..he scores goals, he is absolutely useless anywhere else..would you put him in defence as well? NO!
But for the most point, John and Yorke are 2 lazy strikers who enjoy balls being playing to them. They are getting to old, bring in some new players that will have all guns blazing and pair them up with a veteran striker...Glasglow and Stern or Yorke and that guy from Starworld Stikers - Vijay...Man will cut throat.. not to mention that no indians are picked for the squad, ive seen indians play a whole lot better then half the players playing now..especially silvio spann.  And for them men that does praise clayton ince, you all need glasses...Play Kelvin man is large like shaka.

Vijay who?  If u are talking about Vijay Samaroo, he is not a forward.  He played mostly midfield and he played defence in the US colleges league.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2005, 06:05:55 AM »

Did you see Yorke play against USA, Guatemala or Costa Rica in midfield?  He got the highest ratings of any player on the team.  Not saying he shouldn't be playing striker, but to say he's worthless as a midfielder, especially at T&T and Concacaf level, is absurd.

Spann is not there because he playing half the globe away in Japan and his club wouldn't release him for any training camps so Beenie has not seen him yet.  To bring that racist shit talk about no Indians in de team is just plain ignorance.

I agree..like we have another Trini Infinite here.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Things looking up
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2005, 06:11:31 AM »

These fu^%$^% deliberately dicking us around.

I expect FULL PAY BACK when they come to TT.

Peace,
VB

U know we Trinis like to treat everybody nice.  Customs will have them passing through woth ease.  We need to be like the Brazilians.  After the US implemented this thing where all foreigners must be finger printed and picture taken when they enter the States, Brazil implemented that same procedure (for Americans only).

We need to provide them with a small band maxi when they reach, pack the whole team/staff in ah de 12 seater and instead of taking them to the hotel, take dem to Laventille.  Organize ah  few flat tires for de maxi so the Mexicans could spend de day bonding with the people in Laventille.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2005, 06:11:52 AM »

Madness yuh read my blasted mind..

VB

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2005, 06:24:52 AM »

Madness yuh read my blasted mind..

VB

This youngone fella trying to cause trouble up in here or what.. I really hope is no racial sh*t he commin with in truth.. BTW Birchal is blanco..!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2005, 07:23:34 AM »
Good Luck today Warriors - We believe in you!

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2005, 07:26:51 AM »
Probable Line up for Mexico today, I got this off a Mexicans news papers.

Oswaldo Sánchez; Ricardo Osorio, Aarón Galindo, Carlos Salcido, Mario Méndez; Jaime Lozano, Juan Pablo Rodríguez, Luis Pérez, Antonio Naelson; Jared Borgetti, Francisco Fonseca.

I wonder if Torado's playin ? he is talent, remember Jesus light we up last time, ah wonder if he's playin to ?

Lozano is a player with a serious shot.

Brazilian born Naelson is they play maker.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 07:28:37 AM by Flex »

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2005, 07:40:10 AM »
even though he has scored against us before, I feel our twin towers could match up well against Borgetti's aerial strengths

1]; } ?>