March 29, 2024, 03:12:02 AM

Author Topic: T&T vs Mexico Thread.  (Read 33094 times)

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Mexico Thread.
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2005, 08:51:08 AM »
As a Saints man, ah rather dead dan go on dat Fatima Message Board.

As a QRC man, I totally agree.  I go hadda find some other way of getting that game.

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 08, 2005, 09:18:31 AM »
A little inspiration for the Warriors tonight...
Remember this?

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Wha goin on fellas?!?!?
« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2005, 09:35:36 AM »
Been out the mix again as usual for the last month, now I fully back in it, landed in TT yesterday.

I saw a tape of the Panama game, cant really say much that hasnt been said so far here.

Main points:

1) Birchall - what a discovery. I believe he is easily the single most important and effective player we have produced in the last 10 years.
The man have set of flams and skills like the rest of the players, but his style is totally different to all other men. This difference i feel is what is giving the team a different dimension i its play, he is extremely solid in the middle, good backtracker, and the man run tirelessly for the whole game, battle every single ball. He run off the ball good and play simple effective passing football.
He is like an angus eve, only 10 years younger, more energy, smarter for the game, and could take set plays 100 times better.
He must mantain this standard for us to play effectively.

2) Yorke play like a man possessed, i never see him run so. And he was quality as usual.

3) Marvin Andrews is an even bigger warrior than i keep thinking he is, and he real improving with passing. Rangers real help him

4) Lawrence score a real nice goal, and he actually play an excellent game. I still fraid him and he giraffe qualities in the back against speedy skilfull central americans, BUT....

5) From point 4 above, the new coach is a boss. You could see the difference his approach made, and the system used make the 2 tallmen in the back less vulnerable that BSC had them. Result = excellent game by the 2 towers.

6) Beenhaker has the team playing much better as a unit, fluid movements, support and most importantly, THEY FIGHTING EVERY SINGLE THING!

7) As I keep saying, once stern fit, he should walk onto any national team. He might be lazy and throw away plenty, BUT HE CAN SCORE, and that is the most important. If allyub see that goal he score, they replay it about 5 times and I myself about 20 times, and up to now I dont know how he slide and angle that ball the way he did into the goal. I have not seen a more clinical finish in my life by anyone in any level of football PERIOD! The man is a boss.

Onto Mehico - !
As usual, we expecting a beating and 90 mins of total domination by Mex, but after seeing that display on Sat, the team fighting, playing as a unit and most importantly, have a vibe going. Yuh could see it in their play in the second half of the Panama game.
I feel this will be one of our best chances to compete with Mexico in mexico, adding the low altitude, smaller stadium, less smog,Guadlajara traditionally having less passionate supporters, and that we playing with some confidence and some quality now.
But beating them will still be real real real hard.
Shaka aint there, and Ince, nobody it seems knows his situation.
I hope Jack play the game of his life, he has to if we are not to be embarassed and routed.
I have faith in meh warriors, at worse, we cannot lose too big cause we alreday have a bad GD.
Say some prayers fellas, we in for 90 mins of nailbiting football tonite. Lets hope we have some luck and spring something!

I see we have plenty new posters on board too, nice nice.
Hope they stick around for the long term too, not only when we in a final round qualifying and actually winnning games too....

Anyone making a lime to take in the game?
Me and some partners thinking about trotters or something.

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Wha goin on fellas?!?!?
« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2005, 09:42:20 AM »
Been out the mix again as usual for the last month, now I fully back in it, landed in TT yesterday.

I saw a tape of the Panama game, cant really say much that hasnt been said so far here.

Main points:

1) Birchall - what a discovery. I believe he is easily the single most important and effective player we have produced in the last 10 years.

Uh, no... we didn't produce Birchall.  He is a second generation Trini who never set foot in Trinidad until a month ago.  We taking him yes.  But no, we did not "produce" him.

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2005, 10:02:25 AM »
Dis Youngone fella clearly doesnt know anything about football........First yuh say Tiger is not a footballer. On what grounds do you make this judgement, no one has said that he shud be played in frot of Birchall. Yorke is a striker, yes. Yorke was put to play midfield because we had a midfield crisis......Del Piero, Raul have done this also.........and please leave this racism talk off this forum, all ah we is one, D tech staff used the best players at their disposal, none were indians then so be it......Do u complain that there arent enough indians on T&T's track team, swim team, water polo team............fadda we really doh need this racial talk on d forum..

Tank yuh
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

Offline Total Football

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2005, 10:15:00 AM »
Youngone just nervous lol doh study he at all... lol...we have a serious GOAL ahead... RED, WHITE and BLACK...GO WARRIORS!!! Blessings

Offline Aymir

• JABLOTEH FOREVER
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Jabloteh
« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2005, 10:47:15 AM »
youngone you are offending my enthnicity with your racial talk. stay quiet or stay off the board if thats all you can talk about. keep the racial rubbish and crap out of football and leave that for the politicians. frankly i hate racial people who bring enthicity into everything. racial people are scum mate. scum.

football is not about colour and race.football is about good sport and love. lets keep it that way.

now. lets go beat up on mexico. my call TT1 (header from andrews off a corner in the 35th minute) - mexi 0 zero

Offline Total Football

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2005, 10:53:15 AM »
the only colour we pose to be seeing is the RED, the WHITE and the BLACK... GO WARRIORS!!! Blessings

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2005, 12:45:16 PM »
Welcome back Trini.

However, on home soil, Mexico have won all three encounters, scoring 13 times in the process. As for their recent home form, the Aztecs have won their last eight games, and have scored eight in two of their last three appearances in Monterrey, against Surinam in 1973 and St Kitts and Nevis last year.

Good T&T, just be prepared.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2005, 01:38:20 PM »
now. lets go beat up on mexico. my call TT1 (header from andrews off a corner in the 35th minute) - mexi 0 zero

Andrews did dat in 2001 when we draw wit dem 1-1 in de Oval. De only difference was dat he do it in de  14th minute.

Dis is Lasana Liburd's description of de goal:
"From a left side corner kick, Andrews rose to meet an inswinging Angus Eve cross with a firm downward header that bumped off the ground and into the roof of Mexican goalkeeper Oswaldo Sanchez’s net."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline doublesandsolo

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2005, 01:40:07 PM »
Go TRinidad and Tobago, Miami Trini here going to the Gold Cup. Game on telemundo channel 51  at 8:00 pm Miami time. Well have meh doubles and solo as ah watch meh brothers win de game ( ;D

May every creed and race find an equal place.

TNT is God's Land ppll lets keep it that way

Offline Jayerson

• Hero Warrior
  • Gunners for life
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2005, 04:11:15 PM »
Guys, I'm very new to this board but THANK YOU. I'm in Curacao and wondering how I was going to see the game, thanks to you guys I know I can see it on TELEMUNDO. It will be in Spanish but who cares, my Spanish isn't that bad. Go Soca Warriors. I'll be wearing my T&T shirt while watching the game.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2005, 04:11:38 PM »
Good Luck Warriors and remember,

We going in the game with 1 point

That point is ours to lose, or we have two extra to gain.

Touches well said and ah with yuh.

Onward Warrior.  Big Upset Tonight In Mexico (or at least a decent result).
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Youth Baller

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2005, 04:17:11 PM »
exactly wah time is the game?(locally)

Offline Maradona7

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2005, 04:20:46 PM »
I'm in North York Canada looking to see the game tonite. Does anyone knows of any bars or pubs that might bring it. Its a big game and I am certain that Yorke would step up tonite. Looking for him to score one with is head or 2, 1 header 1 placement Yorkie style. Having a great feeling about this one.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2005, 04:26:41 PM »
Wha is da one boy??  De chat room full ahready and here I was figuring on getting in early.  Well since that is the case leh meh go and make sure dat ah still getting Telemundo. ;D ;D
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Brej

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2005, 04:52:12 PM »
good luck fellas
to be honest i kina fraid buh i hopin fuh d bes

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2005, 05:40:10 PM »
Watching the pre-game on telemundo now..dem people talking 'bout...2,3,or mas goals for mexico and how Mexico is far superior to TNT. They confident boy. But dey eh know small axe does cut down big tree.....let dem talk
Two islands are better than one.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2005, 06:01:09 PM »
Yeah they talking shit... We shoulda send El Cock for them... If they spell his name so they mighta think he was spanish... ;D

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2005, 06:04:54 PM »
Go Warriors!

Big up, large up!

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 08, 2005, 06:09:59 PM »
T&T Line Up:

Kelvin Jack
Marvin Andrews
Dennis Lawerence
Atiba Charles
Avery John

Chris Birchall

Stern John
Dwight Yorke

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 08, 2005, 06:10:09 PM »
TNT same line up as Panama game..marquez not playing.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2005, 06:12:20 PM »
Yes ,
Sorry in a rush I did not add the others

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2005, 06:15:23 PM »
jack run out he goal like ah mad man..defender save him

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2005, 06:17:14 PM »
Tall man just clear a cross with Kelvin in no mans land...

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2005, 06:19:05 PM »
0-0..9 mins

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 08, 2005, 06:19:12 PM »
I doh Jack had a choice he had to run out the man sneak in behind the defense...

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2005, 06:26:46 PM »
Borgetti jus get a hard kick from Jack...

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2005, 06:27:15 PM »
0-0..15 mins..Jack pull of ah small save..Borgetti get ah knee from jack.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2005, 06:28:18 PM »
Stern had a nice header that went wide ... Wouldn't call it a full chance though...

1]; } ?>