April 25, 2024, 09:21:59 AM

Author Topic: T&T vs Mexico Thread.  (Read 33407 times)

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
Re: T&T vs Mexico Thread.
« Reply #180 on: June 08, 2005, 08:30:40 PM »
Fellas I agree that Jack could only get better but this is WC we need our best.The first goall his timing was off and the second goal he did react well and did reach the ball and for some reason it elude him.And to make it worse ah see the  Mexican keeper dive full length with good timing to stear a shot from Rahim for a corner,something I felt Jack could have done for the second goal.
nah timing wasn't off on tha first goal...that was ah diagonal  bullet..very difficult to save. The second goal jack was recovering and off balance, he did well to even get his hands on it.

Ince woulda been able to get down so quick anyway? me eh know, but i say he was good in goal today. There were several other low on target shots on goal too that he heldvery competently. Not a bobble.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 08, 2005, 08:30:51 PM »
but andre we could have used a player like latapy here eh me alone who say that.But he eh come back and play you yuh self know that
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline arrow

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 08, 2005, 08:31:10 PM »
If Jack didn't get a hand to dat first cross ball I don't think Borgetti would have reached it and it might have gone wide.   Maybe he is too good for his own good?

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 08, 2005, 08:32:03 PM »
Fellas in all ah dis yu must congratulate Beenieman and see the difference he make in such a short time.The last coach ah see do dat was Gally.

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 08, 2005, 08:33:29 PM »
best defence is offence

To the above I say, not wit Jack back dey...especially wit his poor ball distribution.

ball distribution I think is where he fell down, there were some goal kicks that seemed contrary, if yuh trying to keep possession...straight to the Mexican backline. But other than that, I say he had a good game

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 08, 2005, 08:35:17 PM »
If Jack didn't get a hand to dat first cross ball I don't think Borgetti would have reached it and it might have gone wide.   Maybe he is too good for his own good?

Hmmmmmmm....yeah maybe yuh right, but from that angle it hard to see if it was on target.

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 08, 2005, 08:36:09 PM »
Jack did NOT have a good game..
The first goal was NOT a bulletnad it passed through his hands.
I am more leniant on the second goal although it looked like he did get there in time.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 08, 2005, 08:37:22 PM »
Anyhow yuh cut it there were a couple of defensive lapses and we paid a price for it.  Give credit to the effort dem boys must have been real tired at that point of the game.  Physical fatigue leads to mental mistakes.

Let's discuss the other end, we did not appear creative on the ball, this maybe as a result of a purely defensive game plan which almost work to perfection.  But I never got the sense that we were really creating chances and threatening the Mexican.  The Dwight-Stern combination does not appear to be clicking.  It is tough to truly analyze this aspect of the game and the midfield play knowing that we had a purely defensive approach and not having seen the team played against Panama (attacking football in a must win situation).

At the end of the day Goals win matches and we conceded and not did not score.

Onward Warriors you gave a gallant effort but came up short. :-\
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Arimaman

• Arima Compre
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 08, 2005, 08:54:29 PM »
I agree that Dwight and Stern not clicking but give Dwight a lot of credit.  His workrate was unbelieveable.  Stern on the other hard was very lazy.  I don't know, maybe he was tired.

What we need when we playing a "pack it is style" is speed up front.  This is where a Hector Sam could have made a difference at half time.

Birchhall had some bad passes but overall he played well and his workrate was also very good until he got tired. 

I felt that we gave them too much space in the our 3rd of the field, allowing Mexico to give free crosses, which eventually led to the first goal.

We need to mark tighter as they come closer to our goal and shut down the crosses.  Outside of that, I happy with the boys performance.  Beating Mexico in Mexico is no easy task....
Arimian to meh heart

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 08, 2005, 09:01:35 PM »
Doh get meh wrong this Dwight on the pitch for Trinidad deserves to wear the captains arm band.  He is leaving it all out on the field.  Full credit to my skipper (the last person I called that was Rougier for his heart and soul performances for us).

I do think that fatigue contributed to some of what happened in the second half, including the defensive lapses leading to the goals.  All dat said we played good.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

jusme

« Reply #190 on: June 08, 2005, 09:25:48 PM »
just got back online after watching the game.  I think we need somebody who more comfortable on the left wing.  theobald is a good player but that is not his position and it shows.  it has a domino effect, because we have to utilise the whole field if we intend to keep possession effectively.  Otherwise they able to use that extra man to harass our men in the middle.  Loss of possession in the middle means that one of the strikers (dwight) has to come back too much into the middle.

Maybe Colin Samuel is the answer on the left wing.  Beenie will have ample opportunity to get looks at him, scotland and spann at the Gold Cup and the Unity Cup (if it ever gets off the ground) before the next qualifier.  Maybe Cornell can earn his way back into the mix.

we are definitely on the rise.  To go from losing by four against Guatemala to tonight's performance, there is no doubt in my mind that we going to beat the US in mid August.

I vex bout the goals but I cyar hold it against Jack.  pressure does buss pipe and let's be honest, they had us on the back foot until the very last 8-10 minutes.  They simply had too much quality time possessing the ball in our half.

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 08, 2005, 09:38:36 PM »
I agree that Dwight and Stern not clicking but give Dwight a lot of credit.  His workrate was unbelieveable. 

you and i didnt see the same match. both he and stern were lazy
Hart for president

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 08, 2005, 09:51:41 PM »
I agree we need a lively forward up front to match Yorke.I fine Stern too lazy right now and he and Yorke just not clicking,because both a dem have a similar brand.When was the last time yu see Stern take a one time shot to goal.Even in the six yard box he's have to bring the ball down control den shoot da is why he did'nt equalize in the US game at de end.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 08, 2005, 10:01:20 PM »
WHy alyuh acting so.

A Stern and Yorke combo NEVER work.......not for this campaign, or the last one.

Yuh forget is slow and slower we have up front.

Trap and screen 1 and 2.

Yorke had an excellent game, and play like a boss even when he drop back in midfield.Dont forget the header in the first half that he shoulda bury.

Stern had the best game I see him play under Beenhaker and I see all the games thus far.........but he ineffective.

This dotish flick and screen they trying not working. After you try it 4 times and yuh unsuccesful try something new nah.

Beenie subs were good considering the options at his disposal.

Whitley and Theobold were disappointing, and the Mexican do they homework on Edwards and lock him down.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 08, 2005, 10:42:49 PM »
All in all it was a good performance from a team that 5 from guatemala recently.  We have something to build on and we still going Germany.  Excellent game by Avery John.  He played like a champion, he had a lot of work on the left side because Theobald was asleep and he had to bail out Lawrence and Andrews in the centre of defence.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 08, 2005, 11:32:17 PM »

Stern John should have been replaced at half time

2nd that and whitley
Touches- "Yorke had an excellent game, and play like a boss even when he drop back in midfield.Dont forget the header in the first half that he shoulda bury.
Stern had the best game I see him play under Beenhaker and I see all the games thus far.........but he ineffective"

If that is Stern best game so far, he shouldn't be on BeenE team.He making it off of history...Carlos shoulda run at man more, instead of the predictable steady cross, which he overused...Birchall was playing middle alone...ah see Whitley could play better, but he was orf today...Stern look like he orf, way more than on...Yorke had to work for two.....Avery and who ever, had no right letting that man get through 2 of dem, ah sof foul would have been in order...Jack was not bad, doh he poups on holdin the crucial balls, at least he show up...ah vex with Shaka right now...Atiba (ah think) made one mistake and we paid....BeenE mistake was not subbing John, that is not laziness on John part, tha look like inability...bong to score is standard when yuh gettin the most chances...John is not the same...Theobald, cannot play left...Tho it easy to breakup play, Lawrence was most outstanding... BeenE must have a massive headache now...Team still played well, individually we were average.....Did I say Stern and Whitley should have been subbed
« Last Edit: June 08, 2005, 11:52:46 PM by maxg »

Offline boss

• Hero Warrior
  • When I grow up I want to be Dennis Lawrence
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 09, 2005, 05:45:45 AM »
This is the last set of photos:

Offline Total Football

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 09, 2005, 07:54:21 AM »
Thanks for the pix...we hadda move on full force, look over the game, see the mistakes and study the next team we have. GO WARRIORS!!! Blessings

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 09, 2005, 08:31:58 AM »
Overall they stuck to the script of trying to get a point, but I have some issues that some men done touch on already..

-That should be the last time we seen Stern and Yorke up top.  Stern should come on for Dwight in de dregs is Dwight need a rest.  This chest trap and screen and draw a foul ting is REAL mess!  Yorke was really working for 2.

- Birchall and Whitley in the middle, did not work last night.  Whitley was a non factor, Birchall was a little better but they both could have been subbed at the half.  Distribution just was not there.

-Yes the game plan was to defend and get a point but we gave them WAY too much respek when we had a chance to counter attack, we just did not look interested in attacking AT ALL..

-The back 4 was absolutely solid..Avery deserves a BIG UP (esp. for the save he make with his buttocks!!)..the fellas get tired at about the 70th minute and it showed..we started to GIVE THEM the flanks to let them serve balls and run at us..

-The goals.  1st goal (yes Jack have to hold on to that ball) but if Edwards was not roast, he coulda get some kinda header (dive if you have to) on the ball that came across for de man to slap at goal..tiredness.. 2nd goal (another ball Jack coulda done better with..esp. at this level) but that is a hard luck..tiredness did us in..overall Jack was solid though.

I don't know if anybody watched the Panama / US game, but even though the US dominate, Panama made them work defensively as well, their forwards were not afraid to RUN at the US defense..granted they gave up 3 goals but they could have scored 3 as well..we never really threatened last night and it showed, the mexicans never seemed hurried at all.   I hope that in August, while we respect what the US can do, we take the game to them a bit more than we did against Mexico last night..

That was a hard game (of backs and forwards) tro watch last night, because I know we have more to offer on the offensive side of the ball, but you have to do what you have to do, so tactically beene man has to be commended.  I think he could have used the subs a bit earlier though..Tiger would have been better suited for the left side than Theo (in my OPINION), he just does not seem comfortable out there and was very predictable (never ran at the defender, always cutting back)..

We are still in the hunt but realistically we cannot afford to lose more than one more game, I think we need to go 3-1-1 in the next round, starting with a win in that game in August..

I still on the wagon..GO WARRIORS! 

Jack - 7.5 (solid, better than I thought he would have been)
Atiba - 7.5 (solid)
Dog - 8 (solid)
Giraffe - 8 (solid)
Avery - 8.5 (MOTM...got tired and just started to pass blade!)
Birchall - 6.5 (will get better with time but stuggled for most of the game)
Whitley - 6 (non factor)
Stern - 6 (non factor)
Yorke - 8 (did what he could)
Theo - 6 (non factor)
Edwards - 7 (the only man that looked like he wanted to run at them)

"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

1]; } ?>