April 16, 2024, 12:21:29 PM

Author Topic: this "attractive football" trinidadians like to see  (Read 2511 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
this "attractive football" trinidadians like to see
« on: June 07, 2005, 09:05:14 AM »
Just a quote from andre samuel's post of the radio show

He spoke about de dutch system, and it not requiring creative players, but rather players who fill roles.

Then some idiot called and said that we not playing the kind attractive football that he like tuh see and dem two other idiots agree with him saying that we missing ah latapy or a dwarika playes steups!

Attractive football doing a pretty dribble,a nice beat pretty touch .I remember as a youth growning up all we used to like to do is play fancy football.As far as i see people prefer that the national team play sexy football and lorse than plain basic football adn win.BUT aNYWAY in ah tallman post of a practice session he said beenieman was bawling down the players for holding onto the ball to long. Mr corneal has a hidden agenda either he want to see jones and  dwarika start or may its beacuse birchall is well let me say "snow".

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: this "attractive football" trinidadians like to see
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2005, 09:48:57 AM »
hmmmmmmm... I really hope thats not the reason, cuase then we might have to go and take him out...(Alvin That is)
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2005, 10:20:44 AM »
From what I heard from the older heads, Corneal was ah boss player.  But anything else related to football, he is ah A**hole.  He always criticising coaches and players not associated to Alcons.  He just need to keep to quiet. He had several opportunities to do something with the national team and he achieved nothing.  He need to watch the games, be quiet and drink some MILO.

Offline 5 piece

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2005, 10:39:48 AM »
I agree! Alvin is biased. To be honedt, he probably has the most knowledge of any local coach, cause of his vast experience in the game. He could have help T&T football much more, instead of being a biased commentator. He was biased in his selection of players for US scholarships. He also had left certain good players up in the air. He is also responsible for certain players that have fallen through the cracks.

There were many great players to pass thru his coaching school, but if he didn't like yuh, yuh would either go to a horrible college or be left in Trinidad. If yuh parents had some $$, yuh would go to the best college. This is part of his bias-ness!!!!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2005, 11:17:15 AM »
The dutch brand of soccer is sometimes known for it's "over-correctness"...and lack of flare, which has on occasion stifled very talented dutch players...that however is just an opinion, and anyone's opinion is as good as anothers....Personally, I've seen dutch squads who have blended both the flare and the correctness, and have done well, and been attractive to watch at the same time

....With respect to the warriors, I think Trinidad needs some of that correctness and discipline, especially now that we lack some of the more creative and individually talented players that we had years ago....I think the tactical awareness, discipline and technical focus typified by the dutch is good for our team....afterall, it has made a big difference so far.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2005, 12:17:32 PM »
i get real vex when i was listening tuh dat shit last night.  He also mentioned that he cannot believe that a player like nigel pierre not on de side.  He want tuh fu*k p de team, talking bout putting uyorke in de middle and subbing birchall!!!

birchall brings a sense of toughness in de middle that remind me of how players like roy keene odes never give up on ah ball!!

they should ban Corneal from all airwaves.  He eh do nutten as ah coach, he went all de course in de world and talk tuh all kinda people and in spite of all dat, shit does still come out he mouth!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2005, 04:09:37 PM »

I blame the media people for using his as a commentator.
He have a right to all his opinions....I eh care.  But is up to the media houses to select good commentators.

To tell you the truth I figure Ato go be ten times better than the rest of dem.
Andre Baptiste is real crack me up boy.....the man voice breaking when he bawl Lawrence score.  lol  ;D

He even tape it just to play it in the post match wrap.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 05:19:46 PM »

I blame the media people for using his as a commentator.
He have a right to all his opinions....I eh care.  But is up to the media houses to select good commentators.

To tell you the truth I figure Ato go be ten times better than the rest of dem.
Andre Baptiste is real crack me up boy.....the man voice breaking when he bawl Lawrence score.  lol  ;D

He even tape it just to play it in the post match wrap.

Fuh real.  ;D  Den he start to get tie tongue dong in de end....

"De cwowd goin wile in de tadium!!!"
"Twinidad 2 Panama 0"
 ;D ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Lower St. John

• It's All About Unity, Togetherness..........
  • Hero Warrior
  • Don't cry as it's over, continue to enjoy it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 07:03:21 PM »
As for Corneal - I have a couple of question for the Forumites: who was assigned to head Bertille Technical staff when he was given the reigns for the second time??  What was the team like under that technical direction?  I eh calling no name but if yuh call the right one ah will whistle. ;)

It have some people in Trini who would like to see our team derail just to say "I told you so".  As far as I am concerned lets leave the naysayers to make noise (Empty vessels make the most noise).  We will hear from them in Germany.

Onward Warriors.  Bring Fire to Bun Dem Detractors.
Germany 2006 Was A Lifetime Experience Not To Be Forgotten!!!!!!!!!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Alvin Corneal de spin doctor
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 07:28:36 PM »
De last time he try tuh say anyting positive about T&T football was when he son was involved:

Results fail to tell full story: Bid for U-20 World Cup glory crashes

but den he get make out:

Corneal covering up, says ‘Mango’
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Alvin Corneal de spin doctor
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 07:32:05 PM »
Remember de following incident:

Corneal gets the axe, Camps sides with Jack
By Lasana Liburd (Trinidad Express)

May 1 2001

Corneal was appointed to the post on April 3, 2001 after the “Soca Warriors” lost their second World Cup 2002 qualifying game to Costa Rica 0-3 in San Jose.

However, within 48 hours of the appointment, Corneal fell out with his new employers when he called for the removal of national coach Ian Porterfield and the immediate reinstatement of his predecessor Bertille St Clair.

Corneal attended just one official meeting with the T&TFF and never spoke to Porterfield in the build-up to T&T’s World Cup qualifier against Mexico on April 25.

“We have decided to suspend the appointment of a technical director for the time being,” said Camps. “The decision was made at an executive meeting on Saturday.”

Camps also denied that the T&TFF had decided to keep Porterfield because of financial considerations.

He explained that there was an escape clause in Porterfield’s contract which allowed the T&TFF to sack him if they were dissatisfied with his performance before his contract expired in 2002.

St Clair’s contract had the same escape clause but the Tobagonian, who was fired for the team’s “inadequate performances” after the 2000 Gold Cup in the USA, was paid for the remaining time on his contract.

Camps said, though, that this did not mean that St Clair was fired for reasons other than the team’s performances.

“You deal with each situation in a different way,” said Camps of St Clair’s dismissal and subsequent payoff. “The Executive Committee made that decision.”

On the heated topic of Fifa vice-president Jack Warner’s role in the T&TFF, Camps conceded that Warner does do a lot of the talking for the Federation. But, he argued, the Concacaf president does not have too much say in the running of football in the country.

Warner, whose official T&TFF designation is “Special Adviser”, has been openly instrumental in and vocal on national football matters—from the hiring and firing of national coaches to the pricing of World Cup football tickets.

In an interview published in the Sunday Express, Warner gave some hint of the power structure within the T&TFF when asked about his feelings on Porterfield.

“If I am dissatisfied with him (Porterfield),” Warner told News Editor Clevon Raphael, “he would be the first to hear it, through Mr Camps, of course.”

But Camps denied that he was a “rubber stamp” and insisted that Warner did not have undue influence over T&TFF decisions.

“We seek his advice on many things,” said Camps. “And I think we would be stupid to have a vice-president from Fifa here and not ask for his advice. But the decisions that are taken are not taken by him alone.”

Camps said that such suggestions did not bother him at all and, on the contrary, he felt lucky to have Warner in his corner.

“That has been said for some time,” said Camps. “That does not really bother me. There are some Caribbean countries that are envious of us having a Fifa vice president here. Even Mr (Horace) Burrell (president of the Jamaican Football Federation) said that it was Mr Warner’s plan that he used.

“So why shouldn’t we seek his advice and use his plan if other people are using it and are successful with it?”

Camps did admit, though, that the T&TFF were heavily indebted to Warner although he was unable to give the precise quantum of the indebtedness which he estimated at “a few million dollars”.

“We have an arrangement with him to reimburse whatever we can whenever we can,” he said. “It is no secret that we are financed by him.”

Camps explained that the Football Company of Trinidad and Tobago (FCoTT) was formed to find alternative sources of finance for the T&TFF. However, after six years of existence, FCoTT has made minimal headway in this regard.

Camps also found nothing improper in Warner’s position as chairman of FCoTT—the company formed to give the T&TFF financial independence from the Fifa bigwig in the first place.

“He doesn’t have control of it (FCoTT),” said Camps. “He is just the chairman. There are five other board members that run the affairs of FCoTT, including Mr Ameer Edoo, Richard Groden, Dr Iva Gloudon, Clive Pantin and myself.”

The T&TFF president believes that FCoTT may be finally on the move now, though, powered by the marketing skills of new Chief Executive Officer, Peter Miller.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 07:41:53 PM »
Fuh real.  ;D  Den he start to get tie tongue dong in de end....

"De cwowd goin wile in de tadium!!!"
"Twinidad 2 Panama 0"
 ;D ;D

lol
« Last Edit: June 07, 2005, 08:16:04 PM by Tallman »

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 08:56:11 PM »
Camps is a kinda clown too eh.... Seriously.! Puppet!!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

1]; } ?>