April 29, 2024, 03:14:01 AM

Author Topic: Check out the Scotland world cup song...guess who starring !  (Read 12838 times)

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Leader of Scottish National Party pledges support for Warriors
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2006, 10:41:09 AM »
SALMOND BACKING TRINIDAD

"I don't support teams against England, but I think Trinidad and Tobago have some interesting Scottish players playing for them.

"That's the nearest we're getting to the World Cup."

The Sweaties can support who they like, but that bit made me laugh.

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scotland supporting Trindad and Tobago
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2006, 04:05:56 PM »

http://www.scottishquest.com/howscottish/game.html

fill in the faces on the map

then wait for the song to load and listen to the song

u goin to love it

bless

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: Scotland supporting Trindad and Tobago
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2006, 04:20:21 PM »
this is ah boss post

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2006, 04:33:05 PM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline sin

• wordspinner
  • Sr. Warrior
  • red GIRL from sando, kairi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 24, 2006, 05:49:51 PM »
There definitely needs to be one "Animation" thread, because these have already been posted, However, here's an ad featuring Jason Scotland on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5ya9kGlcJ8
-be the change you wish to see-

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2006, 06:11:30 PM »
There definitely needs to be one "Animation" thread, because these have already been posted, However, here's an ad featuring Jason Scotland on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5ya9kGlcJ8

real  funny at least he get endorsements man and making money
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
Re: Check out the Scotland world cup song...guess who starring !
« Reply #36 on: May 24, 2006, 08:07:57 PM »
gotta love da tartan army!!!

Offline RasIred

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2006, 08:45:00 PM »
Hhaaaaaaa :rotfl:

Thas real kicks............We had the Irish(Trinidad Tobago) and now the Scotland tune. We reach!!

Now we have to repay all thsi support by surprising everyone and come through with a Victory or Two.

Offline root

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Scottish Support for T&T
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2006, 01:17:04 AM »
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/5014996.stm

McConnell 'not backing England'
Jack McConnell
Jack McConnell says he will support the underdogs
First Minister Jack McConnell will not be supporting England at the World Cup, he has disclosed.

Mr McConnell said he would be rooting for the underdogs during the tournament in Germany, as well as the teams showing "a bit of flair".

The first minister said some people thought he should automatically support England after Scotland failed to qualify for next month's finals.

But he said: "Football is not about politics, so I'll not be."

Mr McConnell told Radio Clyde that he would be supporting other teams in the games which he watches.

"There are many teams in the World Cup who have got Scottish-based players appearing for them - Trinidad, Angola, other teams too.

England fans
The first minister said football was not about politics

"So I'll be watching their games with interest," he said.

"Throughout the World Cup, I will almost certainly instinctively support the underdogs in most of the games, and support the teams with a bit of flair that I think should deserve to get to the final."

Chancellor Gordon Brown and Liberal Democrat leader Sir Menzies Campbell have said they will be backing England.

However, Scottish National Party leader Alex Salmond has stated his backing for Trinidad and Tobago, who have six Scottish-based players in their squad.

Speaking on the BBC's Politics Show at the weekend, he said: "I don't support teams against England, but I think Trinidad and Tobago have some interesting Scottish players playing for them.

"That's the nearest we're getting to this year's World Cup."

Offline Kenny

• New Warrior
  • T&TSC, Tartan Army branch
    • View Profile
    • Raskol Records
Re: Scottish Support for T&T
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2006, 01:42:45 AM »
Haha, I read that in the paper this morning, it's a wee bit surprising that a Labour leader's come out and said that. Alex Salmond was no surprise, and Brown and Campbell supporting England is no surprise either as they need to worry about their UK-wide image in a way that McConnell doesn't. Good on him.

Offline Kenny

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Raskol Records
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2006, 01:52:02 AM »
My boss keeps randomly bursting into this song at various points throughout the working day, it's completely bizarre! ;D

Offline scotlandthebrave

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Scotland fans official team for the world cup
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2006, 04:18:17 PM »
 :beermug:

go here to hear our official song of support for the soca warriors
Banter

Offline MalcolmS

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Sunnyside Thistle B FC
Re: Leader of Scottish National Party pledges support for Warriors
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2006, 05:16:39 PM »
Anyway, I'm away back to trying to decide whether to spend my last £40 on a T&T shirt or a Brazil shirt...

get both!

that's T&T home and away and forget the Brazil!!   :)
Malcolm
Falkirk Bairn
www.stbfc.com

Offline Padams

• Sr. Warrior
  • Great are the Warriors///We shall Prevail!!!!
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2006, 08:21:49 PM »
Cool, nuff respect to all Scotts thks for the support guys  :beermug:
Iz not Pre-Marital Sex, if yuh have no intention 2 geh Married..........

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History

Offline E-man

• Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #46 on: May 26, 2006, 05:14:16 AM »
Scots supporting Soca Warriors
(Newsday)

Friday, May 26 2006

SCOTLAND, the arch-rivals of England in football, are backing Trinidad and Tobago’s Soca Warriors in next month’s World Cup in Germany.

A quarter of the Trinidad and Tobago squad play for Scottish club teams, including Jason Scotland who scored the second goal in the 3-2 win over Austrian club champions Vienna on Tuesday in Graz.

BBC Scotland Channel 4 has done a series of light-hearted advertisements to be aired on television with the theme: “Against All Odds Scotland is going to the World Cup!”

The visual shows an empty bus coming to a stop and a lone passenger boarding. He is Jason Scotland, the Soca Warrior striker, and he is wearing a red Soca Warrior T-shirt, the back of which reads: “Scotland.”

The advertisement is accompanied by a song “Tartan Army and T&T.”

Jason Scotland formerly played for the Scottish team Dundee and now plays for St Johnstone and as a member of the TT team heading to the World Cup Finals. Scotland has become a celebrity in Dundee with many Scots supporting the Soca Warriors, who are regarded in Europe as the underdogs.

He has become the face of Irn-Bru, a popular Scottish soft drink, formerly known as the Iron-Brew. “I happen to love Irn-Bru,” Scotland said, “and have arranged for a batch to be sent over for my teammates.”

The leader of Scotland’s National Party, Alex Salmond yesterday pledged his support for Trinidad and Tobago at the World Cup Finals in Germany. Six Scotland-based players are in the 24-man Caribbean nation’s squad for the finals. But Salmond, in true political fashion, denied that his new-found allegiance had anything to do with Trinidad and Tobago facing England. He said: “I’m for TT, but for years I was the only practising Anglophile in Scottish politics.

“I don’t support teams against England, but I think Trinidad and Tobago have some interesting Scottish players playing for them,” he said. “That is the nearest we are getting to the World Cup.”

Also on the side of the Soca Warriors according to the Daily Record, Scotland’s number one daily for sport, is Scotland’s First Minister, Jack Mc Connell who said he won’t be supporting the “Auld Enemy” in Germany next month, but is joining thousands of his compatriots in cheering on TT.

“Scotland, my team obviously is not there and that’s disappointing. There are people who think that as First Minister I should automatically support England instead. But football is not about politics, so I will not be.”

His comments provoked fury south of the border with Tartan Army hate figure, Jimmy Hill, slamming Mc Connell but being more cagey about which team he would back.

“I will instinctively support the underdog.”

Mc Connell’s unneighbourly snub puts him at odds with UK Chancellor Gordon Brown who is backing England all the way.

Attempts have been made even to draw in British Prime Minister Tony Blair. This met with a stiff upper lip from the Prime Minister’s official spokesman. “That’s entirely a matter for Mc Connell,” was the response from Downing Street.

The Warriors team members who play in Scotland are Russell Latapy of Falkirk, Marvin Andrews of Rangers, Colin Samuel and Kelvin Jack of Dundee United and Jason Scotland of St Johnstone who ironically was refused a work permit by the British Home Office when Dundee United wanted to renew his contract.

Turnbull Hutton, a director and former chairman of Raith Rovers Football Club in Brown’s Fife constituency said: “By the time the World Cup kicks off, the vast majority of football fans in Scotland will be digging out a TT flag not the Union Jack.” There are already Jason Scotland posters around Scotland promoting local glaziers Sidey, said the Perthshire Advertiser, but now “Come on Scotland” billboards will be springing up throughout central Scotland sharing Irn-Bru’s humorous take on the World Cup.

BBC Scotland recently carried an indepth interview with TT’s High Commissioner to the UK, Glenda Morean.

Scotland will be going to the World Cup Finals even if the Scots aren’t.

Offline Kenny

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Raskol Records
Re: ITV News clip on Scotland support for T&T - video
« Reply #47 on: May 26, 2006, 10:53:52 AM »
My boss keeps randomly bursting into this song at various points throughout the working day, it's completely bizarre! ;D
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: tell him to listen here http://www.tntingermany.com/music.php

aye Kenny whats with ya www.taboard.com/ message board
"Due to unprecedented traffic levels we regret that we were forced to close the board temporarily.
Members can log in.
Registrations are suspended.
The next update will be on Tuesday 30th May 2006"  :( :(

it must be overwhelmed with the TnT people visiting it eh ? ;D ;D

Haha, probably!

Try here, I think that should work, hopefully.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 26, 2006, 12:36:09 PM »
This is super!  Ah love it! Ah love it!  Ah hope we don't start a war in the United Kingdom!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 26, 2006, 12:44:58 PM »
Scotland........Jason Scotland !! Oh o o oh !!!!!!!! haha love it !!  :rotfl:
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline fitzinho

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Scotland unofficial world cup anthem...this is funny
« Reply #50 on: May 26, 2006, 06:39:35 PM »
A friend of mine sent me this link to a song by Scotland about supporting Jason Scotland for the world cup.  http://www.scottishquest.com/howscottish/game.html

Offline saheedabdool

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 26, 2006, 09:07:45 PM »
they even have a Trinidad and Tobago t-shirt for sale on their website. It looking pretty nice though, but dunno if they ship to North America.

http://www.scottishquest.com/merchandise.php

Offline scotlandthebrave

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 27, 2006, 04:20:07 PM »
just got my call from the sports shop in Glasgow. my t&t shirt has arrived. get in. none of this brazil chat. me and the lads are heading out to germany for a big soca party and have booked until the final...well you never know! come on Scotland, i mean trinidad and tobago

Offline paddy

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 27, 2006, 05:12:35 PM »
dont forget yer kilts! Trinis party like the Irish and the Scots!! Have fun.!
Count me in too -- I am going to Germany for the Carnival!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 27, 2006, 05:24:48 PM »
most of the people in perth are backing you lads in the world cup, good luck and stick a couple past the english for us  :)

Thank you Perth. :beermug:
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline kandi_tt

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
iNnOcEnT aNd UnInFoRmEd...

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Misery for fans as ‘Scotland’ tops run out
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2006, 08:48:16 AM »
http://www.sundayherald.com/56117

By Leanna MacLarty

As if the ignominy of Scotland failing to qualify for the World Cup wasn’t bad enough, Tartan Army fans are now facing another setback – stores north of the Border have run out of Trinidad and Tobago shirts.
The team – known as the Soca Warriors – has been adopted by Scots football fans keen to support the World Cup’s underdog. Even First Minister Jack McConnell has pledged his allegiance to the side.

The Caribbean team have also struck a chord because they have the highest number of Scottish club players of any team in the tournament, including the aptly named Jason Scotland, who plays for Perth-based St Johnstone. More importantly – for some – the side is playing England on June 15.

However, official Trinidad and Tobago World Cup shirts have now become rarer in retail stores north of the Border than a qualification for Scotland in the tournament.

Adidas, the maker of the shirts, sent extra deliveries to Scotland as early as April but those being delivered to Greaves Sports stores in Glasgow won’t reach the shelves as they have all been pre-ordered by forward-thinking fans.

The manager of a Greaves branch said: “You won’t find those shirts anywhere. It’s just a fad thing – it’s just because they’re playing England.”

A supervisor in the Inverness branch of JJB Sports said the shirts didn’t even make it to the Highlands.

“The likes of Glasgow and Edinburgh got them but there were only 400 or 500 and they sold out in a couple of days,” he said. “We’ve got enquiries every two seconds from Scotland fans looking for them.”

One of the last places to buy an official top is the auction website eBay, where shirts emblazoned with “Scotland” on the back have sold for around £120.

Hamish Husband, spokesman for the Association of Tartan Army Clubs, said he was not surprised the shirts had been so popular. “It’s something that’s caught the imagination,” he said. “Fans whose country are not in the World Cup always choose an underdog. There’s a lot of humour about this.”

John Kaylor, chairman of the Perthshire branch of the Tartan Army, confirmed that there is huge support for Trinidad and Tobago among Scots – especially for Jason Scotland,

“Everyone wants Jason to score so we can see that headline,” he said. “It’d be nice for the underdogs to win, and we just want someone to beat England.

“Everyone’s got [the shirts]. It’s just to show a wee bit of support. Because they’ve got ‘Scotland’ on the back, it’s good to feel part of the World Cup because we’re not there.”

Trinidad and Tobago shirts are not the only strips selling well across Scotland. As part of World Cup merchandising, English football strips and memorabilia have been stocked in many stores north of the Border.

JJB Sports stores are selling both England home and away shirts, and Asda stores are including a variety of English merchandise as part of their international World Cup stock.

But an Asda spokesman said: “We are aware that customers might be following Brazil or Sweden instead of England – with that in mind Scottish stores have been stocked with other products so that Scots can support other country teams if they want to.”

Other supermarkets in Scotland have decided not to sell English merchandise. Both Sainsbury’s and Morrisons stores decided not to include St George’s Cross branded goods in their World Cup aisles.

Michael Matheson, the SNP’s sport spokesman said the brisk sales of England shirts was a symptom of “the Scots’ eye for a good bargain”.

“I’m sure many Scots will be rushing to cash in on such discounted goods just in case England makes an early exit from the competition,” he added.

On Friday the Commission for Racial Equality in Scotland warned football fans not make the World Cup an excuse for anti-English racism.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
nice video of Scottish support
« Reply #57 on: June 07, 2006, 09:43:49 AM »
http://scotlandtoday.scottishtv.co.uk/content/default.asp?page=s1_2_2&newsid=11762&newsType=

click the video link under Jason's picture

shows the fellas who made the unofficial Scottish World Cup song as well  ;D

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Perth Warriors

• New Warrior
  • Jason is a hero
    • View Profile
How to get the Scottish T&T Song
« Reply #58 on: June 10, 2006, 06:38:43 AM »
 Heres the answers to the quiz that lets you hear the Scottish T&T world cup song if you get them all correct

First go to this link
Press on Begin then drag and drop the top left face on Edinburgh
next do the same for the top right on Glenrothes
Middle left on Glasgow
middle right on Inverness
bottom left on Orkney
bottom right on Aberdeen
Sit back, turn your speakers on and enjoy !

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 10, 2006, 02:04:38 PM »
nice...
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

1]; } ?>