April 29, 2024, 05:08:58 AM

Author Topic: Football discussion on 105 fm NOW  (Read 3294 times)

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Football discussion on 105 fm NOW
« on: June 06, 2005, 06:56:07 PM »
aLVIN Corneal and Colin Murray

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Football discussion on 105 fm NOW
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2005, 07:09:18 PM »
i not getting any feed steeps
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2005, 07:36:41 PM »
If you get the time, any chance of you giving us a run down, I cannot get a feed myself. ?

Regards.

Offline PATRIOT

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Highlights
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2005, 09:00:27 PM »
I myself joined in late, but here are some Highlights:-

Callers call in and congratulate team! Positive vibe goin on!

Murray rates players and enthusiastic aboutT&T's chances

Corneal suggests dropping Yorke into midfield in place of Birchall and starting w/ Stern & Jones up front, thinks we must NOT go to mexico to win but try for 1 point

Corneal tells me (when i call in) that he was a guest at the dutch national team last week and got insight into their training methods. Said van Baten would carry on a training session 5 hours if thats what it took for players to do EXACTLY what HE wanted

Feels Dutch style is 'predictable"...but admits it was effective Saturday

More callers VERY supportive, happy with leo's work and teams performance

Praise to TSTT for noise makers..and for crowd support THROUGHOUT the game!

Questions about why players like Dwarika, Jemmott,Samuel,Spann,Sealey,Scotland not in squad

Murray hopes Ince decision is a rumor and/or rash decision that is NOT irreversibale

I am told that the Mexico/T&T match WILL be live from 7:00pm on 105fm and channel 4 in T&T

Murray predicts a victory for T&T wednesday.

I also called andre Samuel who may post something later on. I found Corneal unusually critical of Birchall, and this from a man who himself has failed to carry T&T anywhere! Other than that a lively discussion and it seems the warriors have brightened the mood in the country...EXCEPT for Mr C.I. 's stunt today!

If you get the time, any chance of you giving us a run down, I cannot get a feed myself. ?

Regards.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Highlights
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2005, 09:07:38 PM »

Corneal suggests dropping Yorke into midfield in place of Birchall and starting w/ Stern & Jones up front, thinks we must NOT go to mexico to win but try for 1 point

I also called andre Samuel who may post something later on. I found Corneal unusually critical of Birchall, and this from a man who himself has failed to carry T&T anywhere! Other than that a lively discussion and it seems the warriors have brightened the mood in the country...EXCEPT for Mr C.I. 's stunt today!

Regards.

Drop Birchall?..Corneal needs to haul his rusty a*s.

Corneal criticising Birchall?...Corneal needs to haul his stinking a*s.

Corneal thinks the Dutch style unpredictable.  Like Bertille voom kick and hope for de best was not predictable......Corneal needs to shut his damn a*s.

Offline noname

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2005, 09:09:10 PM »
Thanks for the rundown as usual Patriot!

Let Corneal continue his braying...Can't wait to hear what his superior intellect can produce next.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2005, 09:11:43 PM by noname »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2005, 11:17:11 PM »
hmm predictable if we eva play holland i want aLVIN CORNEAL  to be head coach.I want him to come up with a plan  that will neutralize dutch system.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2005, 06:33:47 AM »
Corneal should now take a back seat in T&T Football. His best contribution was with developing young players, he should have stuck to that. Other than that at a senior International level he gives me the impression that he wants nothing positive to happen to T&T Football unless he has a direct hand in it.
He got his reward from Jack (after being a Jack critic for years), as a hush up clause. So he should enjoy it and do his job. Sorry Alvin I admired you as a player and give you respect for the job you did with many youth. You should however, say nothing and give others their chance, after all you had yours. To be calling for players to be dropped and the sides organization to be changed after observing one International game is in my opinion pure malice. Alvin is IMO at present one of the biggest cancer in T&T Football.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2005, 07:06:13 AM »
Ah was trying tuh get through last night to de radio show but it was busy tone down de line.

Ah wanted to F*ck up mr corneal for his comments about birchall, saying that de man wasnt effective and that he was only passing de ball tuh first player he see with ah shirt like his. this is total nonsense, and it had me so upset.  they went on to talk about not having anyone who is ceative in the middle and that stern had to to plenty by heself up front since yorke had to do what birchall wasnt doing!

He spoke about de dutch system, and it not requiring creative players, but rather players who fill roles.

Then some idiot called and said that we not playing the kind attractive football that he like tuh see and dem two other idiots agree with him saying that we missing ah latapy or a dwarika player! steups!

Yuh cyar please these fu*king trinidadians......men like corneal and dem who feel they know everything about football was so quiet about bertile and he boom kick dotishness, now they feel the need to be critical and analyse beenie man's every move!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 07:12:30 AM »
Yeah alvin is 1 of a kind- but he has a decent football mind now as a person if he sincere corrupt etc not for me to judge

sound like he saying start off mexico conservative solid, compact at the back and not to concede any-if we pull off one then good 3 pts but make sure we take home 1pt.  Going on past history i would strongly consider doing that.  Chances are CR, panama, guatemala not getting a point in mexico so if we take 1 that a major plus.  but that is beenie decision.

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2005, 07:16:02 AM »
It is beenie decision..

I not going to judge Alvin.. Breds, since we in Secondary School, and that is over 6 years now, me and my boyz will say that Alvin C is a Mudda C**t, He is a serious cancer to local football.. Never have anything good to say . That was our observation since then.!!!!!!!! And we were youths.!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2005, 07:22:55 AM »
yeah is either yuh love alvin or yuh really hate him
all this talk about developing youths i ain't too sure on that-from what i see the man coach men who were developed other places already make a name for themselves and then bring them in he circle cause men was hoping they get schol  and dem days he was the only link,just my opinion.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2005, 07:24:16 AM »
Andre, at least yuh didn't have to listen to Fenwick(and I think Corneal) pre-match commentary on I95.5.

Dem two was bashing Birchall from even before the game.  Everything them two say was a complete contradiction to all the match reports we have had here.  Alvin has some kinda agenda and he admit his bias for Tiger.

I was real vex they bring him to commentate in the 2nd half.

Is as if everybody programmed to say what dey woulda do and what they doh agree with and why this one not on the team.

Contrast that with the pre-match show with Eric Wynalda for the US game.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2005, 08:18:00 AM »
Alvin "Sabo" Corneal

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2005, 08:30:10 AM »
well Mr corneal and the technical  committee hired BSC so why would they bad talk him.

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
Re: Highlights
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2005, 09:23:50 AM »
Patriot:

Thanks for the highlights. Now, in response:

Corneal suggests dropping Yorke into midfield in place of Birchall and starting w/ Stern & Jones up front, thinks we must NOT go to mexico to win but try for 1 point.
I found Corneal unusually critical of Birchall, and this from a man who himself has failed to carry T&T anywhere!

Corneal is an idiot. The middle is now fairly solid and he wants to drop Yorke into midfield and bench Birchall. From what I've heard Birchall is a baller with a high work rate.

Corneal tells me (when i call in) that he was a guest at the dutch national team last week and got insight into their training methods. Said van Baten would carry on a training session 5 hours if thats what it took for players to do EXACTLY what HE wanted

He lie. He storm the practice and they almost jail him for tresspassing.

Cornmeal is still an idiot. Someone please let him know the elbow is the bone adjacent to the forearm and bicep.

Murray predicts a victory for T&T wednesday.

From his mouth to God's ears.

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2005, 09:48:27 AM »

Big Toe, yuh notice all dem suggestion is a throw back to we old tactics.

And what was Alvin role again?   
Things that make yuh go     hmmmmmmmm

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2005, 11:04:15 AM »
Yup. Been there done that. Will they ever flicking learn. You have to praise Beenie Man...My team, my assistants...

Offline Israel

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2005, 11:38:13 AM »
In response to Mr. Corneal's statement of Birchall that we need a playmaker of the kind like Latapy, Dwarika, or Jemmott. That is not

true, because we as trinidadians like to see flashy players doesnt mean they are more effective. Trinidadians will walk out a stadium after

a football game and say with a smile " Yuh see how dat man get d cap from Dwarika" or " Yuh see d spanner Whitley hit d man" although

we lost the game. Teams that play through a playmaker are almost predictable, not of which the playmaker may do but they just put a

good holding midfielder on him to kick him up.( A Makelele or Gattuso ). Ronaldhino is a very skillfull and flashy player and his no look

passes can break down a defense. Lampard is just as effective to Chelsea as Ronaldhino is to Barca. And since we do not have any player

of the calibre as Ronaldhino, Chris Birchall should remain on the team unless he is underperforming.
If a rasta in a coma, is he still conscious?

1]; } ?>