April 27, 2024, 10:17:53 PM

Author Topic: 'A dream come true' Ato Boldon,  (Read 13965 times)

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
Re: 'A dream come true' Ato Boldon,
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2006, 09:59:34 PM »
Is "duncy head children" synonymous with "pickey head children" in your books?

Recognize the type of people who rush to his defense.... :o

What ah ting....

PICKEY HEAD CHILDREN WHO SENT TO SHCOOL IN AUGUST

ah wonder who really 'SENT' TO SCHOOL IN AUGUST...pickey head ...why yuh eh say nigga an done...doh cover it up .....
defense..if u read my first thread all i said was to relax d e ole talk scene. the arugment starting  to have ah high shcool gyul argument flavor. and i think it shouldnt gget so far. is after i see ppl continue..i say dey acting like duncy head children...i defended no one. at any rate what u mean by look who defending??? before i assume i jus would liek some clarification?? u mean me specificaly somehting about the name cause ii doubt u knwo em personally

well since u answer ah question with ha question i cyah help u nah.
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2006, 01:07:55 AM »

Dats a real shame. I live in the UK and cant make any Trini matches back home. So dat make me a waggonist? I couldnt attend Sweden or England games because I couldnt afford to get time off to go. Dat makes me a waggonist??

Boy, dat is de unfortunate ting about Trinidad. i love my country, but dat real sad. And to insult ATO, de same Ato Boldon who did not have to represent Trinidad, but still did us proud and flew de flag for we??? Dats real sad and out of place. It almost like saying, if you live abroad and make a success of yourself, you cant claim to be a true trini. Like being Trinidadian is part of an exclusive club for people actually living on de island.

tut tut  :-\

If that's de way you choose to look at it, sure go ahead buh I cyar be responsible for yuh ignorance .

Explain, what part of my comment showed ignorance???

....for explaination please see above.....thank you

No I want you in your own words to explain

Wham 'UK soca warrior' ah notice yuh delete yuh post wham yuh read it properly and see it eh make much sense.....yuh doh want ah explanation again ?? well ah save it above for yuh 2 read over and see how smart yuh sound.

Nope, I deleted it because it is a pointless argument at a time when there should be unity. We could be making more history on Tuesday. But whether or not Ato good or bad as a person is up to you to decide upon, based on fact. Whether or not he is a true supporter of trinidad is up to you to interpret, again based on fact. i have heard a lot of positives about Ato and negatives about Ato. He is human, so you get de rough with de smooth. Not everyone go agree. But I have to admit, suggesting he's a waggonist based on de fact man wasnt at a game is very harsh. Just my opinion  ;)

In my opinion, personality aside he has done a lot for TnT when he didnt need to. Your opinion is valid like anyone on an open forum like this. And so is mine. And my friend, thinly veiled accusations directed at me to be an ass kisser is really easy to do. You dont know me, and I dont know Ato. We never spoke. As to why I go kiss his ass i have no idea. But I have respect for the guy for what he has done for us. And to be honest, whether he's a good or bad person is not for me to worry about. He represents Trinidad and Tobago to the best of his ability.

So go ahead, gloat at the fact i deleted my post, clearly it makes you feel superior in intelligence. So have you fun. I just decided to back down from dis thread cus it really meandered into something that started off positively and got into a personal attack on someone, who's circumstances were behold his control. It is pointless to continue to get involved in these never ending arguments.

And with regards to my so called ignorance: The points about people calling people "waggonist" jus so, and Trini's living abroad and making a success of themselves to the envy of Trini's living back at home all have base. Unfortunately its real, unfortunately its a mentality that SOME Trinidadians have. So NO, its not points based on ignorance, but rather fact. And you get a lot of dis kinda talk on dis forum. But I not gonna sweat dat. Dats how i feel some Trini's are treated which is unfair, but you cyah change da world. Dats how it is.

I respect your opinion. So as de title of de forum says "Talk yuh Talk"

:beermug:
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 01:11:23 AM by UK_Soca_warrior »

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2006, 07:43:10 AM »
And with regards to my so called ignorance: The points about people calling people "waggonist" jus so, and Trini's living abroad and making a success of themselves to the envy of Trini's living back at home all have base. Unfortunately its real, unfortunately its a mentality that SOME Trinidadians have. So NO, its not points based on ignorance, but rather fact. And you get a lot of dis kinda talk on dis forum. But I not gonna sweat dat. Dats how i feel some Trini's are treated which is unfair, but you cyah change da world. Dats how it is.

I respect your opinion. So as de title of de forum says "Talk yuh Talk"

:beermug:

Only you cud explain yuh own bullsh!t ...and doh swell yuh head and tink 'any Trini living back home'  evny you for living abroad ,yuh sounding like ah true idiot who tink living abroad is better than living in TnT,as if to say people living in Trinidad inferior to you  ...nobody eh envy you.... for wat ? becuz yuh living outside? more ignorance ...do you know wey I live ? no buh yuh assume,like ato, I must be living in TnT becuz I envy yuh success and call yuh ah waggonist ..yuh true colours coming out now doe ....you sounding to me like one ah dem Trini dat went away, geh dey mind blown, and tinkin yuh better than Trini people living in Trini.Daiz just meh opinion from what I have gathered from your post ....if yuh want to invent sh!t bout 'envy' and 'call man waggonist  jus so' daiz you, buh doe expect me to explain your ignorance...ah cyar help yuh dey .
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

MickeyRat

« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2006, 07:53:39 AM »
Ah glad to see it have men who have the balls to talk-de-talk and stand up for themselves.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2006, 08:25:10 AM »
As expected. 

Ignorant, you say? How ignorant is is to call someone a waggonist based on what u didn't know about him "missing a game" or as you said, "someone who never impressed you as a sprinter or person?"  Just say I rub you the wrong way and leave it at that.  At least then I can say he is being honest about how he feels.  The ignorance was you calling me a waggonist.  That is ignorant. 

Imagine how devastated I am that such a luminary as yourself has an opinion as to what caliber of athlete I was, or person that I am.  You know what u see on papers, you don't know me.  Yes, boss, I was a joke of a sprinter, who lost to Greene and others at the Olympics, but the only reason you feel any 'inferiority' as you said is because you have issues - my guess? a non-achiever, usually the only ones who have an issue with someone who has achieved.  You won't be the first or the last.  It happens, in my line of work. People who are ok with themselves doh talk about people who have been successful their whole lives.  But that only exposes you for what you are.  A hater.  "I doh like he, so I go call he a 'waggonist', despite the fact that I personally have no idea why the man "miss the game" in truth."  It was just a great opportunity for u to run your mouth without knowing anything - and now tryin to make it like I come to big up myself when I was only showing why a waggonist like me might miss a big game like TRI vs SWE.  Try again, that is a bit transparent.

I don't talk down to my countrymen, and never have.  Maybe you could provide some references of that.  It makes no sense to continue with all your internet posturing.  You know where and how to reach me if you have so much to say.  Oh, and the TTFF is who gets the profits from the DVD, but why should any sense or truth enter into the discussion now. LOL.  You think I care who u "studying now" or who you like as a sprinter?  What could your opinion possibly matter to me?  When you are man enough to step from behind your little fruity screen name while you throw your 'internet gangster blows, then talk, not before.  You are my German "downtime entertainment" in the meantime.

I pointing out what I was doing on TV to detract from the Warriors?  You really that stupid?  Yes, I know the 'Trinidad and Tobago history' part of what I mentioned makes you cringe, since "u doh like me" but that doesn't stop it from being so.  That is how the Express and Guardian reported it.  Your opinion doesn't change facts.

I know that 'hater-ade' is rising up in you, which is why THAT very mild reference incensed you so.  I was merely coming to answer a retard who making it seem like I am some fake Trini because I "missed a game."  Try that with someone else.  Now you want to be wrong and strong, and, even funnier, trying to discredit me and my career.  Best of luck, cuz it might take a bit more than your opinion to do it.  Facts, medals and times are a bitch. Google it. LOL. Just think, even for a hater like you, if I do it big, it's a plus for the country - DVD, TV whatever!

For those PM'ing me to 'please ignore this obvious dumbarse', I apologize to you, and I am done with the convo now, but when u represent a country for half your life and then have someone call u a waggonist based on pure ignorance of a situation or him "not liking a man" it is hard to just ignore it.  When you post your illustrious resume, Berris, then we will talk.  Not before.  Tell me what you are doing to 'big us up' or help your people/country.   You're right, I don't know to whom I am talking.  You do.  So, go ahead and enlighten me. 

Oh, and how could I forget the other issue - YES, my Warriors' DVD and TTFF/Jack and me being a senator in the UNC are all totally tied together.  I joined as payment.  Great deduction. Brilliant.

Well done Ato stand yuh ground, Trinis will be Trinis no matter what yuh do. Keep up the good work. A number of our sporting personalities tend to fall by the wayside after being in the limelight with no idea about the future and you are in a unique position to give back not only to the sport in which you were successful but to Trinidad as well and I for one am proud that you continue to represent

1]; } ?>