March 28, 2024, 09:33:43 AM

Author Topic: Trinidadian footballers promised barrels of Rum  (Read 5646 times)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Trinidadian footballers promised barrels of Rum
« on: June 14, 2006, 05:45:46 PM »
PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (Reuters) - Trinidad and Tobago's 23 footballers and their Dutch coach, Leo Beenhakker, have each been promised a barrel of specially aged rum if they win Thursday's World Cup match against England.

Nigel Bissoon, marketing manager of the Angostura Group of Companies, the makers of Angostura Aromatic Bitters, said the players were already heroes in their Caribbean country after their 0-0 draw against Sweden last week.

"But they can elevate themselves to a god-like status amongst their fans if they get one over England," Bissoon said in a statement on Wednesday.

"We hope that the barrel bonus will act as an extra incentive for the players as there are few Trinidadians who would not jump at the opportunity to own a full barrel of such fine rum."

Each of the 24 barrels Angostura is offering as a prize holds 247 litres (64 gallons) of rum.

Angostura's chief executive, Lawrence Duprey, said the rum would come from a batch that had been earmarked for a special occasion.

Trinidad and Tobago is the smallest country to qualify for the soccer World Cup.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trinidadian footballers promised barrels of Rum
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 05:49:08 PM »
rum?..what next..all expenses paid weekend at villa capri?

Offline legal alien

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 05:52:36 PM »
im glad you wrote it out. iwas simply gonna refer them to the source where i saw it....yahoo.com. imagine that is one of the news headlines on the homepage...

our team is really doing us proud!

Offline BlazinTrini

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 05:53:55 PM »
Didn't Angastura release a bottle of rum as well just for the world cup?

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 05:54:30 PM »
 ;D say wha ,they giving what they have ,but if is d rum i think it is ,how much that worth bout 8 grand.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 06:03:23 PM »

Can I go too ?????????

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 06:04:10 PM »
That is all they could offer?  Boy they have we looking like we is rumbos.

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 06:05:45 PM »

I dey.................who wit mih in de University?? ;D ;D

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 06:09:42 PM »

I dey.................who wit mih in de University?? ;D ;D

how allyuh benedict's fellahs so..i remember early in de morning before intercol final in south, half of benedict's team was in little tokyo on st james street. The sad thing is they still beat us.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2006, 06:15:45 PM »
oh gorm man. Is now self we need Dwarika on that team  :rotfl:
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline benedicts bwoy

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2006, 06:17:27 PM »
Well for your info. dat was owned by ah fella who went Benedict's wit me, it was he fadda place.........so we use to go dey an buss lil lime an ting. EVERYTING was free...........so no complaints dere sah!! ;D

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2006, 06:24:39 PM »
something wrong with this i can't quite figure out what yet

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2006, 06:29:57 PM »
oh gorm man. Is now self we need Dwarika on that team  :rotfl:
dat dread Mk..if they did announce dat before the selections eh...look Trouble for Beenie...it have some men on this site, ah know all now is bengay and Canadian Healing oil selling out, ent SH ?

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2006, 06:35:42 PM »
witco shoud offer latas and beenie life time supply of cigs. i eh knwo if dme boys does drink , but i know if it was lara  he woulda beat he record.lol..and look at allyuh eh talking bout villa..no firggin shame. i only went dye once  ;D. and i didnt like it. lol. and dwarika..i..he is ah weedie he self.tell him he getting some land in biche, already"cultivated. he back to he late 90's formlol
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2006, 07:02:14 PM »
Well for your info. dat was owned by ah fella who went Benedict's wit me, it was he fadda place.........so we use to go dey an buss lil lime an ting. EVERYTING was free...........so no complaints dere sah!! ;D

buss lil lime an ting.... ;D..i hear yuh.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2006, 07:27:44 PM »
i was so annoyed when i saw this on yahoo just now.  as if all the islanders do is drink rum and lay on the beach all day.  just the same, i could imagine a chutney song about this:    "rum till they die, rum till they die; angostura promise them and that's the reason why"   ;D

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2006, 07:36:45 PM »
i was so annoyed when i saw this on yahoo just now.  as if all the islanders do is drink rum and lay on the beach all day.  just the same, i could imagine a chutney song about this:    "rum till they die, rum till they die; angostura promise them and that's the reason why"   ;D
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2006, 07:44:18 PM »
When ah come here to go to college, de dean of student life call meh in he office. He tell me it have ah loose gyul called mary jane (and me fresh of de boat did not know what it was). He tell me that a lot of fellas like this gyul and that once you have her sometimes it's hard to let go ah she. Well I thinking about all de mampies that I come across in de dorms. I wuh see why she have all dem fellas bazodee.

He say that we islanders especially attarcted to this gyul. Well I was thinking it have to be dem Jamacians, De dean also say we trinis. I was so confused because i could not figure out who she was and I was on academic and athletic schol, honours programme etc. Man I feel like a dunce. Then he tell me its Weed, de J, Marajuana. I say yuh mean Ganja.

I say look sir, I know you listen to dance hall and regae, and watch a lot of movies that may support your theory, but not all Islanders drink rum and smoke ganja.

Boy I was pissed by de stereo types dey give us Islanders all we want to do is fete and get high.

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2006, 07:53:19 PM »

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: oh yes  :rotfl: :rotfl:
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2006, 08:02:15 PM »
Back in de day all we use to get was solo tall boy. One per player.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2006, 08:41:39 PM »
OK come on boys beat england and get that rum,it has to be about 60 years old .And don"t give away
keep it about 40 more years and sell it for about 20,000 US  :devil:.Open Dog own  ;)

truetrini

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2006, 11:00:45 PM »

yuh offering? I go take dat! :devil:

Offline StoreBayLimer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 12:09:04 AM »

This story will get a lot of press worldwide.  It is not an offensive story, but it is the type of different story that can be hyped. It is also free advertising for Angostura.

Offline JERSEY TRINI

• trotty
  • Hero Warrior
  • without god life just doesn't make sense
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 01:29:37 AM »
I don't see the problem with the damn rum or the villa capri  :angel:... jes let people live dey life eh.
Everybody know how the islanders like to take it easy and it is true so doh get know horras at all fellas, jes let England think that we comin easy like Sunday morning and get what they don't expect, no scene.  By the way I was at Villa last year when I went home so wah...if you act like you do go strip club in the States then you stay dey and lie to everybody nah no scene

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 07:10:54 AM »
ah know YORKE an LATAPY must be saying ah hope da barrel ah rum coming with three ho's. After all the song does go HO HO HO AN AH BARREL AH RUM...

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 09:33:15 AM »

yuh offering? I go take dat! :devil:

I prefer dads dan...i see dem gyul do some amazing stuff there.

Offline bratachdubh

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 09:53:36 AM »
ah know YORKE an LATAPY must be saying ah hope da barrel ah rum coming with three ho's. After all the song does go HO HO HO AN AH BARREL AH RUM...

Superb!   :rotfl:

Offline essexgirl22

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2006, 06:51:13 AM »
RUM  making us look like a country of alcholics,  give the young men something worthwile something they can use to better their lives not RUM

Offline Weh-it-is

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is Rhythm. Yeah is Me Hammer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2006, 07:22:48 AM »
When I hear that on ESPN ah say in the back of meh mind like why are we making fools of our selves! Aged rum? I asked someone and they told me that it's worth money because it's aged rum!
So all thee rum alyuh drinking down in Trinidad go make alyuh sick because it's not aged! What a bunch of crap they kept on saying if The soca warriors win today againts England they will be giving a barrel of rum... laughing in they head like these people are so stupid to give their team a barrel of  rum for winning a big time game to finish killing them! Give them each a speed boat or a house on Maracas hill's over looking the ocean or a SUV!! RUM?? Those sponsors in ah mess with their thought pattern!!
The ball is like a magnet if you continue to knock it…it will attract, and then you can attack.  Get it?

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2006, 07:29:24 AM »
essexgirl yuh right, on top ah dat they have 'IF' they win  an all this the very day before TNT vs ENG which they marketing dept. will know is world wide media coverage. They raise meh 'Anger'stura with da one.

1]; } ?>