April 28, 2024, 04:45:32 PM

Author Topic: usa v czech republic  (Read 28243 times)

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: usa v czech republic
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2006, 11:56:04 AM »
Where is your swagger now yanks?

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2006, 11:57:10 AM »
That is for all of the ole talk that Arena gave T&T.  Blows in dey tail.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2006, 11:58:07 AM »
Well I hope the Czechs bounce the US 3-0. I like the USA as a team, but I think that they believe they are better than they really are. Reading American sports journalist opinion on "soccer" is quite hilarious some times. To hear them disrespect Trinidad is amazing from a country that thinks "soccer is a girls sport" We have always had more skillful and football savy players. Their only advantage over us is professionalism and workrate on the pitch.

They are in a false position in Fifa rankings, and they have no world class players, no world class league (equivalent to UK league 2/Championship division).

good luck Czech's!    ;D

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA  - I GOT IT RIGHT!!!!!

SAY SUMTHING NOW BRUCE ARENA!!!!    :rotfl:

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2006, 12:03:17 PM »
when we lost to czechs 3-0 all dme commentators was tlkaing yapping dey mouth. it didnt even had ah half time report on some stations..ahahahah
lemme hear dem now..u go hear ole excuse dey go make!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2006, 12:03:55 PM »
USA Need a Foreign Coach

Offline thane

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Yuh Notice Arena aint say nuthing?
« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2006, 12:05:27 PM »
USA got dismantle by czech...i doh tink we look dat bad wen we play against dem...

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2006, 12:06:31 PM »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2006, 12:09:11 PM »
Arena's tactics were way off today.  He tried to accommodate both Convey and Beasley by playing Beasley on the right, which is not his preferred flank.  I thought that Reyna was too deep to be the playmaker, and that the pace at which they played was way too slow for a game of this standard.  Their defending was really poor.  How the hell do the two center backs allow Koller to get between them to score that first goal?  Eddie Jones needs more time against Italy, cause he can cause some damage.  We need the zone to do well, as much as we deplore the arrogance of Arena.

Offline Soca Taliban

• New Warrior
  • Trini 2 D Bone!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2006, 12:09:49 PM »
Good, goal in dem kakkahole!!!  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2006, 12:15:22 PM »
COME ON ITALY, FINISH THE JOB AND SEND THE YANKS HOME.

And you know what, they can get knocked out before us. We are guaranteed to be alive in our 3rd game even if we loose to England. But if they loose their next one, dey gone!!! forget their last game!

Bruce Arena look so stupid in de dug out.  De team get comprehensively out classed. Clearly they dont know soccer...oops sorry football!

Talk now bruce.

Australia 3 - Japan 1

TnT ("the weakest team in the tournament, there to make up numbers", down to 10 men for 45 damn minutes against world class team) 0 -Sweden 0

Offline Trinitim

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2006, 12:18:11 PM »

LORD THANK YOU I ENJOY THAT VICTORY. WELL DONE CZECHS. ACCORDING TO TH NIKE ADS BEAUTIFUL. LET ME HEAR ARENA AND HIS ARROGANT SELF. Look like a total fool. USA WERE OUTPLAYED AND ARENA WAS OUTCOACHED. I want USA TO GO HOME FIRST ROUNDS AND WITH NO POINTS. They must learn to shut their mouths sometimes.

Offline Yeo

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
‘A logical result’
« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2006, 12:19:43 PM »
TSG analysis by Alvin Corneal (TRI)
It was a supremely efficient performance by the Czech Republic side today in Gelsenkirchen. They proved entirely too much for their American counterparts in every single department and rarely were they put under pressure at the back.
The Americans, to their credit, battled valiantly against the odds but in truth it was never going to be their day, especially after conceding such an early first goal. In the end, they had to surrender the fight to a Czech side better than they were from back to front. 

The crucial turning point of the match would have to have been the injury to Jan Koller that forced him off the pitch. I believe that if he had stayed on the field things could have been much worse for the Americans.

At the end of the day, it really is a logical result. At this level, the Czechs have infinitely more experience, more quality than the Americans who, in the international arena, still have a lot to learn and much room for improvement.

Simply put, the Czechs were tactically and technically superior so the final result was completely justified.

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/060612/1/7gk4.html

Offline firebun

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2006, 12:22:25 PM »
I think they'll do well against czech republic,but meh cousin say they go lose 3-0...........

Wey, your cousin accurately predicted the results.  Ask him what he predict for the T&T england game

;D

Offline jaws

• DC/MD Warrior
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Arima massive!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2006, 12:30:47 PM »
what exactly did Bruce say bout TnT? 
"Greatness is not one big thing being done: it's all the small things being done well"

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2006, 12:33:39 PM »
what exactly did Bruce say bout TnT? 

Trinidad’s Yorke blasts US coach’s comments
by Gary Smith
Caribbean Net News Correspondent
Email: gary@caribbeannetnews.com 
Friday,  December 9, 2005
SYDNEY, Australia:  Trinidad and Tobago’s captain Dwight Yorke dismissed the comments made by American soccer coach Bruce Arena, who stated that the Caribbean side and Australia would likely be the weak links in Germany next summer.

During an interview with Sports Illustrated, Arena said playing Trinidad and Australia will be easy games.

"The last time around [in the World Cup], the easy games were China and Saudi Arabia," the US boss said.

"This time around you'd probably say Australia and Trinidad & Tobago are the weak ones."

However, Yorke, a veteran striker, who plays for Australian A-league side Sydney FC, vouched for the Soca Warriors, while adding that Arena is entitled to his own opinions.

"The manager of the American team is entitled to his opinion," Yorke said. "Hopefully when he comes up against one of us we can shove the words right back in his face.

"America was in our [qualifying] group. They know they were very fortunate to beat us. They are not a brilliant team like they are making out to be … we've been playing them for years, they are not that special," he added.

Last month Trinidad became the second English-speaking Caribbean nation to qualify for World Cup finals, following Jamaica’s debut in France 1998 after defeating Bahrain in the home and away Asian/CONCACAF playoffs.

Offline jaws

• DC/MD Warrior
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Arima massive!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2006, 12:39:31 PM »
Thanks UK.....  :beermug: :rotfl:
"Greatness is not one big thing being done: it's all the small things being done well"

Offline UK_Soca_warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2006, 12:40:21 PM »
And here is an aussie perspective

Forget England, we want to play the Yanks
Email Print Normal font Large font By Greg Prichard and Michael Cockerill
December 7, 2005
Page 1 of 2

Bring 'em on ... Aussie matchwinner John Aloisi and (inset) US coach Bruce Arena

Related coverage
Special: Road to Germany
Advertisement
AdvertisementLEADING football figures in Australia are staggered by the arrogance of US coach Bruce Arena's dismissal of the Socceroos as likely World Cup easybeats.

Former Socceroos stars Robbie Slater, Alex Tobin and Craig Foster variously described Arena's comments as naive, ignorant and laughable, and Sydney FC striker Dwight Yorke joined the chorus as FIFA announced the seedings for the tournament in Germany in June. The World Cup draw will be made on Saturday.

Arena, whose team has achieved a FIFA world ranking of eight due largely to a system widely regarded as flawed, told Sports Illustrated's website: "The last time around [in the World Cup], the easy games were China and Saudi Arabia. This time around you'd probably say Australia and Trinidad & Tobago are the weak ones."

Arena seemed to grudgingly concede Australia and Trinidad & Tobago had some claims to being there, adding: "But Australia has basically all of its players in Europe, and Trinidad have a guy [in Yorke] who was arguably the top striker in soccer."

Trinidad & Tobago star Yorke last night bristled at Arena's suggestion. "The manager of the American team is entitled to his opinion," he said. "Hopefully when he comes up against one of us we can shove the words right back in his face. America was in our [qualifying] group. They know they were very fortunate to beat us. They are not a brilliant team like they are making out to be … we've been playing them for years, they are not that special."

Foster laughed when told of Arena's comments. "I just wonder where he's coming from," he said. "He's got the right to voice his opinion, but it's laughable to suggest we rate that lowly. He'll have to eat his words if we come up against the US. There's no issue we can beat them. We can beat any team on our day."

Slater said he would be delighted if Australia and the US were grouped together. "I would rather the Socceroos got into a group with the US than any of the other teams that may be ranked in the top tier," he said. "And that's not being disrespectful, that's based on fact.

"We have nothing to fear from the US. I would back us against the US - any game, anywhere.

"Our squad has a lot more quality than theirs and I would back [Socceroos coach] Guus Hiddink against any coach.

"I think [Arena's] comments might just show what he knows about the real world. I find his comments naive, but it doesn't surprise me, coming from a US coach. I mean, where has he been?"

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2006, 12:45:34 PM »
Unlike most here I really hope the US performs better in the next 2 games.  Like it or not Mexico and the US are the best teams in our region and bad performances by them reflect badly on the the whole confederation.

Love them or hate them you have to admit that didn't play up to their potential today on the other side Czechs definitely showed their quality today and I think it puts our loss to them in perspective.

The unrealistic opinions of the press in the US reflects the inroads football has made in there.  Before nobody cared or believed they could win at all now they think they can win the world cup.  They are definitely taking the FIFA rankings too seriously but Americans like winners and need to believe that they are an elite team.

It's grating to watch especially when you live in the US but the bias is no different than watching the Spanish TV which is VERY pro-Mexican or worse yet watching English coverage who's commentators believe that all football  revolves around the Premiership.

How many have said that T&T will beat England 3-0 here?  Any outsider would think that we're completely insane to believe that (myself included  ;)).

Let them believe their dream...at the very least it's quite amusing.

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2006, 12:46:11 PM »

usa get 3 and trinidad get 3 from czech but the thing is we ranked 44 in the world and usa is 4th

FIFA real have to fix that ranking system. scrap that ting one time oui.  :rotfl:

Offline jaws

• DC/MD Warrior
  • Jr. Warrior
  • Arima massive!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2006, 12:48:18 PM »
Typical, dey get some success and now dey tink de could talk down to other teams.... Pompous US attitude!!!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2006, 12:48:46 PM »
COME ON ITALY, FINISH THE JOB AND SEND THE YANKS HOME.

And you know what, they can get knocked out before us. We are guaranteed to be alive in our 3rd game even if we loose to England. But if they loose their next one, dey gone!!! forget their last game!

Bruce Arena look so stupid in de dug out.  De team get comprehensively out classed. Clearly they dont know soccer...oops sorry football!

Talk now bruce.

Australia 3 - Japan 1

TnT ("the weakest team in the tournament, there to make up numbers", down to 10 men for 45 damn minutes against world class team) 0 -Sweden 0

:rotfl: :rotfl: good one son.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Arazi

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2006, 12:54:06 PM »
let we rest off the US nah, we play england next and we could welll get rape by the english, let us remain humble, and laugh when we make second round...

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2006, 01:05:57 PM »
let we rest off the US nah, we play england next and we could welll get rape by the english, let us remain humble, and laugh when we make second round...

good point. Let's remain quiet, and let our boys do the talking on the pitch.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2006, 01:07:41 PM »
true dat ...! Let the ball do the talking..

Offline Marcos

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2006, 01:09:38 PM »
True dat
Nothing to laugh about nah.
We get our dose from Czec and they weren't even going as hard as today I'm sure.
We had a good game sat but we really have no right being cocky.
Nothing pisses me off more than racism, and ppl who you know that act like they don't know you.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2006, 01:35:03 PM »
Max Bretos described T&T as the worst side in the cup and they never have anything good to say about us

Bretos is Canadian.

USA got dismantle by czech...i doh tink we look dat bad wen we play against dem...

In a warm up game? No real comparison.

usa is reall s*$t and i glad that now everyone can see that..

Fellas allyuh coming off real petty and ignorant. Especially when we haven't won anything yet. Comparing us to the US based on us playing Sweden and the US playing Czechs is not too bright.

Also "turnaround is fair play". The same US arrogance that men complaining about is what is being portrayed in this thread. Is like man tempting fate to prepare a crow dinner for us on thursday night.

What might be fair to say is that the US is not on the Czech's level which everybody knew, except Arena apparently. Well if he didn't know he know now. The US goal in that game should have been simply "not to lose" or better yet survive the first half and then try to surprise them in the 2nd. Beasley, Donovan and McBride with O'Brien on the bench was a very optimistic gamble by Arena but the Czech's are in another class to the US altogether and it showed.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 01:43:55 PM by JDB »
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2006, 01:41:01 PM »
Funny thing is plenty Americans congratulating me on our performance....plenty Americans adopting T&T as a second team, after admiring our gutsy performance (Americans place a huge value on heart and desire)......

We hating on them kinda makin' them looker bigger than us...

Lewwe seriouly keep quiet and just let our fellas play ball nah.
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2006, 01:46:15 PM »
Every American I have met has been positive abiout us as well and very congratulatory. I even know some have TSTs to our games because they could not get for the US.
THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2006, 01:52:32 PM »
wow...as an arsenal fan, i can't wait to see rosicky at the new stadium next season.   he is thunder.   hard luck americans, better luck next game.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2006, 01:53:47 PM »
ah hate when thet comparing de sport of football to their american sports.

I hate when they use none-footballing terms in football. Like saying England won 1-love against Paraguay. WTF?? I eh know it was Wimbledon tennis.  ::)
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

1]; } ?>