April 25, 2024, 11:59:35 PM

Author Topic: Indian Players in T&T  (Read 38680 times)

Offline WARRIORKING

• Deep into weaponry
  • Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Indian Players in T&T
« Reply #120 on: June 13, 2006, 11:55:02 PM »
well to be honest all this talk about indians don't have talent is rubbish no matter wat race you are, watever u put all your emphisis on when growing up  whether it is cricket football or basketball u can be good .some people breathe there favorite sport down there kids necks ,the talent to me is being able to pick up certain skills faster than others.  its all on the individual and wat kind of determination he or she has.but don't get it twisted there is politics in sports .where coaches and people in general believe blacks are the more superior athlethes.all it takes is for one person of indian descent to show there worth.with that said i believe the best men for the job is on the warriors at the moment.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 12:23:26 AM by SITCALM »
My lyrical tendency`s equivalent to a critical felony
Precise behind bars like a criminal`s penalty
Pinnacle definitely, hold so much jewels in my miracle memory
It`s like I`m a physical treasury
I was born with a difficult destiny, not your typical mentally
Givin my vision through treacheries

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2006, 12:03:52 AM »
*sigh*

Race is a hot topic... i dont even see what is all the confusion is about... couldnt we drop this shit topic for just the world cup!!

man saying I not racist... but saying blatant racist or perceived racist comments.

some man saying indian small, only black people does play football, indian only like book and cricket etc...

aye I meet big indian... (i myself definitely ent no small indian...), indian playing football, it have plenty dotish indian and indian who cant play cricket..

what is the point of these conversations except to be divisive! When we was cheering against Sweden.. the color of the man singing WARRIOR didnt matter... the color of people who cheering didnt matter .... gawd some of u people here, just like to start shit... and look some of these "non racist" comments...doesnt anyone realize saying ur not "racist" in a post, is like an indian who saying "I ent racist because I have black friends" etc...one gets the drift ... anyway I wanted to stay out of this, but the wanton stupidity of some the posts on this thread, just sickens me!

anyway I going to get breakfast.... sleep again... and then meet the boys who going nuremberg with me today!

Please for once, can everyone let this topic taper off!!! Even though I know someone will take offense to what I said here... and if u do.. please PM on it.. dont post on the board!!

Thanks
Naps
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2006, 12:18:11 AM »
This thread is an indication that Trinidad as a society still has a long way to go.

"where every creed and race find an equal place" appears to be theoretical and not practical.

There were no Indian players worthy of selection and that is the bottom line. We do have some in the PFL but the only a handful of PFL players made this team. Therefore, the probability remains remote.

There have been exceptional world class players of Indian origin, most notably Aron Winter for Holland(clubs include Lazio, Inter Milan, Ajax and Spartak),

If you want to see one in this world cup look out for Vikash Dhorasoo who plays for France and Paris St Germain. He came on today against Swizterland.

If those players were in the Trini system there is no doubt they would be on the team because they are/were world class.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2006, 03:55:50 AM »
As President of the Reality Check Committee, I advise everybody who want to contribute to this thread to

!!!!!READ THE DAMN THING FROM THE START BEFORE POSTING!!!!!
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline guerrier rouge

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2006, 07:32:51 AM »
I would like to put some of this stereotyping to rest.facts cannot be changed . India and China both have over a billion people in their pop; but about a decade or so ago the Chinese contribution ,funding and mindset towards sports changed.In other words the (frail ) malnourished communists.encouraged their young people to become healthier,more competitive and educated at the same time .they in fact did just that. they even are a leader in winter Olympics.and at the same time these athletes are very educated I even went to university with some of them here in Europe .I am an Indian who won many achievements for sports finished my masters and played football for 3  different leagues in Allemagne and for Lille in France have a black belt in taekwondo , I was on the university of Sorbone diving team .I use to be the frail skinny vegetarian like a lot of poor people ,but I made an effort without anyones
help on my own accord and it all has to do with attitude ,while all my other Indian friends were too busy being their mamas or pappy,s boys and girls focussing on their so called educational achievements ,I surpassed them with Honours.I must also state I as a parent am the guiding force between the achievements of my children and their accomplishments.My observations are that Indians in general have a tendency to focus more on their bollywood stars  as their mentors than anything else.BAD IDEA. :beermug:

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2006, 07:35:23 AM »
NAH nah oh gorm man again ???

AH SHIT allyuh is ah blasted new day man.

Kill this thread nah.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2006, 07:41:21 AM »
I dunno
I kinda enjoyin it now  :devil:

Ah man take ah big hit ah crack.........log on for he first post and start to talk bout vegetarian communists who doin tae kwon do and went on to become bollywood stars

Like Crazy did sing MADNESS IS GLADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!....dais my kinda thread oui
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2006, 07:56:30 AM »
I would like to put some of this stereotyping to rest.facts cannot be changed . India and China both have over a billion people in their pop; but about a decade or so ago the Chinese contribution ,funding and mindset towards sports changed.In other words the (frail ) malnourished communists.encouraged their young people to become healthier,more competitive and educated at the same time .they in fact did just that. they even are a leader in winter Olympics.and at the same time these athletes are very educated I even went to university with some of them here in Europe .I am an Indian who won many achievements for sports finished my masters and played football for 3  different leagues in Allemagne and for Lille in France have a black belt in taekwondo , I was on the university of Sorbone diving team .I use to be the frail skinny vegetarian like a lot of poor people ,but I made an effort without anyones
help on my own accord and it all has to do with attitude ,while all my other Indian friends were too busy being their mamas or pappy,s boys and girls focussing on their so called educational achievements ,I surpassed them with Honours.I must also state I as a parent am the guiding force between the achievements of my children and their accomplishments.My observations are that Indians in general have a tendency to focus more on their bollywood stars  as their mentors than anything else.BAD IDEA. :beermug:

If you were on the university diving team you might know that its spelt SorbonNe  ::)

Oh wait...you did say education wasn't your focus...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2006, 07:58:13 AM »
ah go deal with this thread after the game tom,

Right now it is about the Soca Warriors, so if they happen to read this thread doh study some of we fellahs,

So to the National Team jus keeping doing what you doing in Germany, flying the trinbago flag high and proud. And what ever the result tom I know you did for all of us, every creed and race.

Ps. actually i kind ah hopeing you don't see that, because if you did it would mean you were reading this thread.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 08:17:23 AM by trinindian »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2006, 07:58:21 AM »
Man most trini does pronounce it sawbone

So he was jes tryin to translate fuh we  :D
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2006, 08:20:27 AM »
next thing yuh know is some big money Indian in Trini decide to invest in ah Indian side, well brudder, next thing ah big money chinee say well we is folks too, then de local white boy big money posse  say we in dat, ah Syrian say ah have ah lil 100 million to blow, lookout for de Syrian Soca Warriors, next ting 2010 people wondering if TNT have any Africans.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2006, 08:25:29 AM »

if you really Indian, yuh must be the equivalent of an Indian Uncle TOM because u sure sound like it

Offline slates

• Sr. Warrior
  • Big-up L'Anse Mitan Carenage
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2006, 08:34:27 AM »
THIS... is one ah de most entertaining threads I read on here in a long time oui. All yuh real make me laugh.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Keep it going. I prefer to be laughing here, than worrying about dat damn game tomorrow, developing ulcers in de process.  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
Toujour Pret!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2006, 09:16:00 AM »
I dont support the inferiority theory either. But lets face it, people who do not know alot about Trinidad wondered how come there arent any east Indians on the team. Like I said before, a Sri Lankan told me that some in his community thought that the east Indian population in Trinidad would be represented on the soca warriors. Thats why the Sri Lankan community wanted to see Trinidad.

On Saturday some Trinidadian felt two types of pride. One being national  
"Trinidadian" pride and the other being racial "black" pride. Its seems as if fellow Indian Trinidadians felt more national pride that day. But Trinis of African descent felt both national and racial pride.
[/b]

Huuuuummmm interesting...strange statement cause I ,an African Trini, felt only NATIONAL pride. I just saw my small country do something marvelous on a big stage and was filled with joy and pride. I felt the same way when the WI cricket(with Indians on it) beat India in the series a few days ago.

To go back and answer Lizzard's question, there are perhaps many reasons why Trinis who are Indians are not on the current national football, some might be historical or cultural, however physical attributes is not one of them.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 14, 2006, 09:25:41 AM »
I dunno
I kinda enjoyin it now  :devil:

Ah man take ah big hit ah crack.........log on for he first post and start to talk bout vegetarian communists who doin tae kwon do and went on to become bollywood stars

Like Crazy did sing MADNESS IS GLADNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!....dais my kinda thread oui

:rotfl: :rotfl: Dutty remains true to form

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #135 on: June 14, 2006, 09:33:22 AM »
Well as an Indian and former owner of Soca Curry United in the fantasy League, yuh know yuh boy had to chip in.

First of all when I watch  the Warriors I feel nothing but pride as a TRINI.

However, regarding Indians in TT the following must be noted:

(i) Indians do focus more on acaedemics than sports. Africans usually do the opposite, I have many African friends from UWI who have lamented on this.

There is also a Minister in the PNM Govt. who wished to have some additonal spots for the Institute of Technology JUST for those of African descent to compensate for this. (Please doh get vex wit me fuh dat....becz dat was not my idea).

(ii) Most Indians in TT is BUSS UP meat, perhaps with the exception of Pork, so de meat thing is of miniscule importance in TT.

(iii) No one bothered to mention that in National training practices, non Africans are usually treated a little different. Also those from Prestige schools are usually the the recipients of snubs. The idea is that the poor black man must have a chance to get through, and sometimes is just pure bigotry.

Graeme Rodgriguez, Colin Rocke and the non whites on the 1990 WC youth team have mentioned this.

Tiger Phillips has constantly mentioned that the TT team should represent ppl of all races. Doesn't anyone find it strange that he should say this publicly. Lincoln went to QRC and has spent quite a bit of time in the US, and perhaps he has a more matrue approach to selection than some other members of the coaching fraternity.

Now if a youth man getting tunder becz he different, naturally he may be discouraged. Some might say he should have the belly and fight it...but the discouragement is understandable.... In additon if you have academic options, well you just move on.

(iii) India as a country has underachieved in football becz the administration is a joke that does nothing for th sport, being run by those with connections who only wish to enjoy the posterity of the position.

(iii) Indians can't succeed in sports that require "strenght and endurance."

Well Pakistan and India do damn well in International hockey and cricket. Last time I checked they required both.

Do you know that half the men fighting for nationa amateur boxing titles in TT in the 80s were Indian. Keith Ragoonath was undefeated in two divisions and a New York Golden Gloves Champ, but they preferred to select African fighters from TT and the man NEVER got a pick. Why? because he had no condiitoning or endurance??

(iv) I know that we have Birchall in the set up. But our players are pros in England...birch. can play, and I believe the mindset is more mature.

(v) Lastly let me say that if non Africans were given a fairer chance at national practice,we would probably have had a few more Indians over the last 10 years but Afrcians would still dominate the football scene.

In 2005 the U 20 and U 17 Captains of TT were of Indian descent, so obviously we have some fellas dey who could hand their business.

Peace,
VB

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 14, 2006, 09:48:48 AM »
"(i) Indians do focus more on acaedemics than sports. Africans usually do the opposite, I have many African friends from UWI who have lamented on this."

That is bullshit. Explain the prevalence of Indians participating in cricket then. Ent cricket is a sport?  ::)

www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 14, 2006, 09:50:34 AM »
Well as an Indian and former owner of Soca Curry United in the fantasy League, yuh know yuh boy had to chip in.

First of all when I watch  the Warriors I feel nothing but pride as a TRINI.

However, regarding Indians in TT the following must be noted:

(i) Indians do focus more on acaedemics than sports. Africans usually do the opposite, I have many African friends from UWI who have lamented on this.

There is also a Minister in the PNM Govt. who wished to have some additonal spots for the Institute of Technology JUST for those of African descent to compensate for this. (Please doh get vex wit me fuh dat....becz dat was not my idea).

(ii) Most Indians in TT is BUSS UP meat, perhaps with the exception of Pork, so de meat thing is of miniscule importance in TT.

(iii) No one bothered to mention that in National training practices, non Africans are usually treated a little different. Also those from Prestige schools are usually the the recipients of snubs. The idea is that the poor black man must have a chance to get through, and sometimes is just pure bigotry.

Graeme Rodgriguez, Colin Rocke and the non whites on the 1990 WC youth team have mentioned this.

Tiger Phillips has constantly mentioned that the TT team should represent ppl of all races. Doesn't anyone find it strange that he should say this publicly. Lincoln went to QRC and has spent quite a bit of time in the US, and perhaps he has a more matrue approach to selection than some other members of the coaching fraternity.

Now if a youth man getting tunder becz he different, naturally he may be discouraged. Some might say he should have the belly and fight it...but the discouragement is understandable.... In additon if you have academic options, well you just move on.

(iii) India as a country has underachieved in football becz the administration is a joke that does nothing for th sport, being run by those with connections who only wish to enjoy the posterity of the position.

(iii) Indians can't succeed in sports that require "strenght and endurance."

Well Pakistan and India do damn well in International hockey and cricket. Last time I checked they required both.

Do you know that half the men fighting for nationa amateur boxing titles in TT in the 80s were Indian. Keith Ragoonath was undefeated in two divisions and a New York Golden Gloves Champ, but they preferred to select African fighters from TT and the man NEVER got a pick. Why? because he had no condiitoning or endurance??

(iv) I know that we have Birchall in the set up. But our players are pros in England...birch. can play, and I believe the mindset is more mature.

(v) Lastly let me say that if non Africans were given a fairer chance at national practice,we would probably have had a few more Indians over the last 10 years but Afrcians would still dominate the football scene.

In 2005 the U 20 and U 17 Captains of TT were of Indian descent, so obviously we have some fellas dey who could hand their business.

Peace,
VB

That is nonsense >:(

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: June 14, 2006, 09:54:19 AM »
What would TRULY fill me with natiional pride is to see one of my fellow countrymen diving, soaring, half -pike twisting in the air wearing their tae kwon do outfit and masters diploma in his/her left hand at the university of sawbone..and making a pefect splashless entry into the frigid waters

:applause: :applause:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: June 14, 2006, 10:07:44 AM »
"(i) Indians do focus more on acaedemics than sports. Africans usually do the opposite, I have many African friends from UWI who have lamented on this."

That is bullshit. Explain the prevalence of Indians participating in cricket then. Ent cricket is a sport?  ::)

Toppa let me expand:

What some of my African friends have lamented is that they as UWI students see a few African students in their class but many Indian.

Then when going home by Taxi, they an enormous number of "black people" playing football on the side of the road or in Parks. Now this is not MY observation. It is theirs. Previously I had heard say the same thing,but disregarded it as an exaggeration, or just plain racism.

In addition to what the particular Minister (an African by the way) has said regarding the lack of prowess of Africans in academics as opposed to Indians, this is why I say Indians are more focussed on Academics than sport.

Now regarding cricket, many get their degrees in addtion to performing in cricket and some forego cricket in preference for an education, eg. Prakash Moosai, Jason Mohammed, Ramnarine and Inshan Ali Jr.

However, please remember as I said b4, even if Indians were more agressive in their participation of ftbl and were given a fairer chance, Africans would still dominate the make up of the team.

VB

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2006, 10:20:13 AM »

Toppa let me expand:

What some of my African friends have lamented is that they as UWI students see a few African students in their class but many Indian.

Then when going home by Taxi, they an enormous number of "black people" playing football on the side of the road or in Parks. Now this is not MY observation. It is theirs. Previously I had heard say the same thing,but disregarded it as an exaggeration, or just plain racism.

In addition to what the particular Minister (an African by the way) has said regarding the lack of prowess of Africans in academics as opposed to Indians, this is why I say Indians are more focussed on Academics than sport.

Now regarding cricket, many get their degrees in addtion to performing in cricket and some forego cricket in preference for an education, eg. Prakash Moosai, Jason Mohammed, Ramnarine and Inshan Ali Jr.

However, please remember as I said b4, even if Indians were more agressive in their participation of ftbl and were given a fairer chance, Africans would still dominate the make up of the team.

VB

First of all, we're Trinis. Secondly, I have lived in central for quite a few yrs and I've seen many delinquent, marijuana smoking, eh going to school Indians. So for you to assert that Africans are not academically inclined, I must say that it's a racist statement. Even if you got it from other people, the mere fact that you repeat it as if it's the gospel tells me that you must think the same way. Are you trying to tell me that only Indians go to the prestige schools because Africans focus more on sports? If you want to go by who gets the President's award for academics, listen to this. This yr's winner, they both had four A's, my cousin got 5 A's, placed in the top ten in the world at A levels in two subjects and is now on a full scholarship to Kent University in England but he did not recieve the award, even though he out-performed the two winners. Maybe it's because he went to St George's and not Presentation or Naparima. *shrug* For people to assert that Indians are more academically inclined, I really must bristle with indignation. Most of my friends have gone outside of TnT to complete their education opting for either England or the U.S, with the U.S being the more popular destination. Maybe more persons of African descent are willing to travel outside of the country to pursue tertiary education than their Indian counter-parts?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 10:22:33 AM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2006, 10:47:24 AM »
FIVE A's?...he playin hes ah indian or wha

Look tell yuh cousin fuhget all dis book learnin business and go and kick ball in de savannah...so when de REAL intellects from UWI pass in de taxi dey could fulfill dey fantasy yuh hear

Yuh cousin know tae kwon do by chance?

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: June 14, 2006, 10:58:58 AM »
FIVE A's?...he playin hes ah indian or wha

Look tell yuh cousin fuhget all dis book learnin business and go and kick ball in de savannah...so when de REAL intellects from UWI pass in de taxi dey could fulfill dey fantasy yuh hear

Yuh cousin know tae kwon do by chance?

LoLL!!  :rotfl: Dutty shut up. Yuh too dotish.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: June 14, 2006, 11:11:11 AM »
man dis thing way, way outa hand now.  ;D

Lets focus on de football now.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2006, 11:31:01 AM »
Five As eh have nutten to do with this topic.

Ten years ago a ute get 6 As..but ah glad for yuh cousin.

Yuh vex with me for repeating what AFRICANS in TT saying. Ah wonder, yuh vex with dem too.

And what about those ppl getting slighted in sports becz they don't sport an Afro...ah hope yuh vex about dat too.

You know when Ragoonath the boxer was getting ostracized, it take me THREE YEARS to figure out what the hell was goin on.

Becz I was so damn naive i ddn't think that in TT ppl would not pick a man and make a team suffer becz he wasn't dark enough - in the 1980s.

But maybe they have to take some blame too and stand up more and make a little noise.

If you want to read the article with Graeme Rodriguez and what he had to suffer let me know and I'll pass on the link.

VB

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2006, 11:39:39 AM »
SIX A's?????? jeezuss!!!!...dat cyah be ah black fellah....

Hadda be ah vegetarian communist

vb dem african in de taxi was from Kenya?...dem fellahs smart and dey small enough to make de divin team

Nigerians too big..only football and liftin up truck engine dem good for

Offline Reb

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2006, 11:40:51 AM »
I don't believe after all these years we have 5 pages devoted to this bull. People it is time to come out of the dark ages when politicians like Williams and Capildeo brainwashed an entire society putting them against each other. You should be older and wiser now and hopefully THINK FOR YOURSELF. Ask yourself why are there no Afro-trini on the Olympic swim team etc. The answer is that some races excel at a particular sport.Why are the local whites not represented  on the national team?
Trinis of all races support the warriors....that is all that matters.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2006, 11:48:46 AM »
I eh tink Lizzard1910 EVER aksin ah question here again nah

De man must be say all dem island people mental...lleh dem stay wit dey backward dark ages theories..uh hypothesesseses  and de world go move on

On a slightly different note I have the entire original collection of 'At home with Sylvia Hunte' culinary audio tapes if any body is interested in purchasing them

dey on 8 track right now......but ah could convert dem

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2006, 11:51:16 AM »

vb dem african in de taxi was from Kenya?...dem fellahs smart and dey small enough to make de divin team

Vb, cool it man, yuh rehashing racist sterotype of  indians study and africans like play that is why they dont reach anyway. It jus as bad as saying indians to weak to paly ball that is why the spend all them studying. Both Wrong
Or Gorsh Man Don't believe the Hype , Neither Spread the Hype

Fan Fan meh, it getting Hot in here, it have a fellah call Dutty who only turning up the furnace.  :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2006, 12:02:13 PM »

Well dutty you half right.

The 6 As man was Indian and vegetarian...from South...but he never play cricket..only Chess.

Ironically enough the driver of the Taxi was Trini with a Kenyan wife. She mudda from Ghana. Dey first child born in tobago.

But you surprise with me the Nigerian comments. You dohk know Nigerians could box too. You never hear about Dick Tiger.

VB

1]; } ?>