April 19, 2024, 05:09:29 AM

Author Topic: Indian Players in T&T  (Read 38554 times)

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Indian Players in T&T
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2006, 09:12:26 AM »
Alright...Lewwe not bring this Indian race thing into football.

But I want to share some points here and den alyuh could cuss meh.

I would not say indian sportsmen play cricket generally and football second.

What I would say is that they take education a little more seriously than their other counterparts and hence when exam time comes around they do not sacrifice schoolwork for sports.
Also many families stress education, working in the family business etc. Instead of sports.
Only if they are super talented are they pushed and supported in this regard.

So I guess my family are Indians in disguise then, becuse they pushed education as opposed to sports. What you said there was a gross and inaccurate generalisation. You were way off base.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 09:15:45 AM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2006, 09:13:54 AM »
lol your right men jump up on this thread. but i go jump on it abit too ;) Fact is if there arnt as many indian players playing then dats 1 reason, size strength can come into it too. but its Trinidads loss if all races arnt trying. we all want the best 11 not matter their race. but look at it this way. We are an island of 1.3 million our talent pool is tiny its amazing that we can even compete in Concacaf let alone the world cup. if we have 5000 players right now then with all races getting more involved we could have say 7500-10000 which doubles the talent pool which could be the difference between having an ok 11 and a good squad. if even 3 indians make it maybe a chinese and a syrian it would have been worth the effort not because of race but because of numbers and quality. imagine if brazilian indians didnt play ball.
They would call up someone else because they have the talent regardless of race.

Yes and they would be a weaker team for it. so u see what i mean
Whatever you say boss. :beermug:

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2006, 09:14:49 AM »
lol your right men jump up on this thread. but i go jump on it abit too ;) Fact is if there arnt as many indian players playing then dats 1 reason, size strength can come into it too. but its Trinidads loss if all races arnt trying. we all want the best 11 not matter their race. but look at it this way. We are an island of 1.3 million our talent pool is tiny its amazing that we can even compete in Concacaf let alone the world cup. if we have 5000 players right now then with all races getting more involved we could have say 7500-10000 which doubles the talent pool which could be the difference between having an ok 11 and a good squad. if even 3 indians make it maybe a chinese and a syrian it would have been worth the effort not because of race but because of numbers and quality. imagine if brazilian indians didnt play ball.
They would call up someone else because they have the talent regardless of race.

Yes and they would be a weaker team for it. so u see what i mean
Whatever you say boss. :beermug:

??? yeh m8  :beermug:

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 13, 2006, 09:19:21 AM »
I think that this is only going to become an issue as the world cup goes on. On Sunday a Sri Lankan guy asked me "doesn't trinidad have alot of east indians"? He even said that some Sri Lankans were actually interested in watching Trinidad because they were bound to see some east indians on the team.

I think that we should just educate people when they enquire about this. The education theory is racist. The only theory I would support is that indians males are more interested or geared towards cricket or maybe even males of African descent are geared towards football, cricket and track.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 13, 2006, 09:32:03 AM »

Whey you really saying.
Do you people on the board realize how we come across at times.
Yes we, this board is reprsentative of tinidad not an indvidual.
Like its is the making of a soca chutney warriors all over again.
A truly sad state of affairs.

Tell me if it is becasue i am of indian descent, chances are  ah took weak to play balll, and I am not from african descent so i cah run or play basketball.  I not of eastern european stock so I cah lift weights, as well as others. Now I am sure no one is going to outright agree with this statement, but these are ideas that have been posted on this very board.

You know what I know from living in American people of African descent have to work that much harder to prove themselves, wrk against the mind set of other groups. And it seem that some of you echo this same idealogy when it comes to indians in sport.

Lizard, as with every where we have our problems, so don't let some of these posts taint your perception.

As the song states " How we vote is not how we party, sweet sweet TNT. Come for a holiday, Eat some bake and shark, pineapple optional by Maracus Bay"
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 09:59:13 AM by trinindian »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2006, 09:55:50 AM »
warmonga is ah indian, ah never know dat....thanks for the stats from sando on indians playing in high school/college/pro league......very interesting/enlightening thread.....bless
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #36 on: June 13, 2006, 09:57:16 AM »
Allyuh not one nah

We on ah high....is FOOTBALL IN WE ASS

we go discuss this AFTER world cup...

gorm :-[

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 13, 2006, 09:59:17 AM »
Allyuh not one nah

We on ah high....is FOOTBALL IN WE ASS

we go discuss this AFTER world cup...

gorm :-[

Is de german....he come an throw ah cigarette in de grass....he eh realize is dry season

Just kidding Lizard  :)
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 13, 2006, 10:00:47 AM »

Whey you really saying.
Do you people on the board realize how we come acorss at times.
Yes we, this board is reprsentative of tinidad not an indvidual.
Like its is the making of a soca chutney warriors all over again.
A truly sad state of affairs.

Tell me if it is becasue i am of indian descent, chances are  ah took weak to play balll, andI  am not from african descent so i cah run or play basketball.  I not of eastern european stock so I cah lift weights, as well as others. Now I am sure no one is going to agree with this statement, but these are ideas that have been posted on this very board.

You know what I know from living in American peole of African descent have to work that much harder to prove themselves, wrk against the mind set of other groups. And it seem that some of you echo this same idealogy when it comes to indians in sport.

Lizard, as with every where we have our problems, so don't let some of these posts taint your perception.

As the song states " How we vote is not how we party, sweet sweet TNT."

Bredda what did u find wrong with my statment? If indian people are naturally smaller in genral than africans and the phsyical side of the game is important then of course it lessens the chances of an indian player making it. its 1 of many factors. U act like my statment is saying indians cannot play. I am trying to tell u that Trinidad has to make use of our limited talent pool. I am an indian Trinidadian and a tall strong player so i am by no means saying all indians are small. If i came across as sounding ignorant or somting sorry, but most people i know arnt sensitive about race and are wanting to talk about facts. its all for the good of Trinidad at the end of the day. we need every1 who can play to play to become better.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2006, 10:20:16 AM »
Alright...Lewwe not bring this Indian race thing into football.

But I want to share some points here and den alyuh could cuss meh.

I would not say indian sportsmen play cricket generally and football second.

What I would say is that they take education a little more seriously than their other counterparts and hence when exam time comes around they do not sacrifice schoolwork for sports.
Also many families stress education, working in the family business etc. Instead of sports.
Only if they are super talented are they pushed and supported in this regard.

Now alyuh doe get vex...but is mainly Indian people does bawl why no indian on the national team.

Let me tell you why....They are simply not good enough! and there are very few of them who are competent.

To back up my above statement and lets see how many of you if atall can refute or answer these simple questions.

What Indian baller Lighting up Colleges League and is head and shoulders above his peers of other races?

What Indian baller has gotten a scholorship to a University abroad and is on some sort of All star side and performing creditably?

What Indian baller is Lighting up PFL, on the starting 11, is top scorer, big defender or midfield maestro?

What Indian baller playing in the MLS, English premier league or any other league as a matter of fact.

In fact look at any other race and answer the above questions....that is the basis for selection...not race.

I could be crude and crass and say they too thin and dey shitty but until A big Indian baller is performing day in day out and gets left out of the team then alyuh have a case. Until then NOBODY HAVE A CASE FOR A INDIAN MAKING THE NATIONAL TEAM.

Rahim and Dwarika made it on merit...not race...try and remember that nah.

There is no conspiracy....We have no WC quality Indian ballers in TT and that is FACT!.

there is an indian player at fulham
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 13, 2006, 10:22:10 AM »
Lizard there are no Indian footballers on our world cup squad now, the only Indian visible around the squad is the team doctor. I don't recall any Indians making the national side as far back as I can remember, but Indians do play football, the average Trini will grow up playing small goalpost in his area, from there you may play for your primary school, then on to secondary school which is where most Trinis get recognized after this stage you get called up for the national team under 17   under 23  then the senoir team, now since TNT drew with SWEDEN the soptlight is now on us, to understand why there are no Indians or for a matter of fact no chinese or local white's on the team now we must look at the history, viewed from the point of parents supporting their children, no dad would push for his son in the footballing world knowing at the end of the road there is not even at very least a decent house and a car the stuff to carry on a family life, and for those who have money an can support their child along the way there is a lot of butt up head business and to make our national senior team is difficult even for the players now you could be axed just like that and that's the end of you and it has nothing to do with your skill or talent. Playing in the world cup will open doors for TNT it is up to those who govern the local football world to give parents a reason to encourage their children, for the Indians at one time they were not involved in steel pan, now it's no big deal, another time is was Soca music and Indians come up wit Soca Chutney, there was never a Indian prime minister and then Panday come on de scene, so in 2006 world cup TNT have no Indians on de starting eleven, is no big deal, but come 2010 if God spare live we just might have a Trini Indian in Africa World Cup, impossible is nothing...

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 13, 2006, 10:26:58 AM »

there is an indian player at fulham

Zeshan Rehman hes the first Pakistani Internation to play pro in england

Offline trickadadian

• New Warrior
  • I am ah warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 13, 2006, 10:31:16 AM »
man I iz as indian as dey come, and I really doh care if it have indian on de squad or not, I just love meh country, I iz ah indian yes, but 1st and foremost a TRINIDADIAN.....nothing else, so lewwie juss big up de boys and forget all de rest nah.

Offline Warrior till death

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIOR NATION MEMBER #4
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 13, 2006, 10:55:10 AM »
As far as I remember from my visits to T&T, you have a huge Indian poulation (About 40%??), and yesterday at the FIFA-party in Hanover I ran into a group of eight fans from TT that fit into that (Half African and half Indian heritage). But there are no Indian players in the national team. Have their ever been any?? Do they play football at all? What's the story?
I'm just interested ...
Thanks for your inputs.

ENGLAND has a indian population...do u see any indians playing for them?
BRAZIL has an indian population,.....do u see any indians playing for them?
GERMANY has an indian population....do u see any indians playing for them?
ITALY also..but u should get my point by now
It all comes down to the dominant footballing race

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 13, 2006, 10:59:51 AM »
As far as I remember from my visits to T&T, you have a huge Indian poulation (About 40%??), and yesterday at the FIFA-party in Hanover I ran into a group of eight fans from TT that fit into that (Half African and half Indian heritage). But there are no Indian players in the national team. Have their ever been any?? Do they play football at all? What's the story?
I'm just interested ...
Thanks for your inputs.

Yeah but those countries you listed, so person of East Indian descent make up 40% of the population? Nah. N besides, yuh cah include Brazil because the indigenous people aren't "Indians".
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2006, 11:09:10 AM »
i'm a mix but i look indian......(to some other poeple spanish  ??? doh ask me i dunno how) and i play football. i love this sport more than anything. hopefully i can get a chance and play football after college.  :)

we got more important things to worry about like de game coming up on thursday.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2006, 11:23:15 AM »
Yuh know WTD make a legit point.

forget Indian players in TT....We have identified only 4 big Indian/Asian ballers...Dorahsoo, who can play, Chopra...who I find ent good and he never was a big player for Newcastle. Winter was a big big player and This Fulham fella.

Now there are exceptions to the rule....but alyuh just identify the exceptions......This is WORLDWIDE.

Consider the ratio of Indian/Asian people they have worldwide its millions of them......it is a curious thing to figure out why they just doe have ballers.

Ok looking closer to home....Guyana have a large Indian population, I may be wrong, but every shell cup I see and Everytime Guyana come across here I never see a Indian lace up for them.

Same goes for Jamaica...they are predominantly black, but the second largest ethnic group after is   Chinese and mixed. They also have a few indians in JA why is it they never had no ballers neither. Unless you count marshall who look lil dougla.

Now alyuh does want people to like alyuh here and be polite and say the correct things, but lemme show alyuh whats d scene down here.

I just making an observation and you can disagree with me but for those Who live in TT or who grew up here....and this is not a racist statement but merely an observation.

You ever notice they have 3 types of football sweat....Indian, Mixed and Black.

Have you ever noticed the quality of the sweat?

Go to any park, savannah, field area and watch men playing ball you will understand what I talking bout.

The Indian sweat always has the poorest quality.

Why they exclusive no one knows, be it a friend thing, work ting, sense of belonging etc....but in many cases the best player in this sweat is avg or sub par in the other sweats..and because they stick together playing amongst themselves....and rarely let "outsiders" come in. They remain stagnant and their level does not increase.

Also in Florida I played with two trini sides, one a indian side and the other a black side...If anyone remembers those posts from way back when, yuh will remember the episodes.

Point is The Indian side never win a game and the black side did well in the various rec leagues they entered.......so even removing natives from a country and allowing them to flourish in another yields the same result among the differing ethnic groups.

This is my hypothesis and observation.

Who vex lorse but as one can see...the number or lackthereof of quality ballers of Indian decent in TT justify this hypothesis.

It doe have anything to get upset with...Thats how it go.

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2006, 11:34:27 AM »
I'm just interested ...
Thanks for your inputs.

Easy Hitler

de whole dominant race in 'XYZ' theory has been disproven years ago
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2006, 11:55:11 AM »
WOW

Footballing race ?
there are two kinds of racism Blatant,
The one easily identified and raises a public outcry.
And the subtle kind, it not hurting anybody so we go let it slide.
Plus other people doing and saying the same thing a long time now so it must be correct. ENT

Ah boy

The fact of the matter that coaches such as Alvin corneal did not embrace Indians in football. So i ask you, there is football but the coach do really like Indians . But it have this fella play for India who kind of look like me and he really popular,ah wonder which sport ah likely to take an interest in. and who do ah chose to emulate.

Allyuh tell me nah, in your opinions what Indians good for,
 Please tell me nah
 ::) ::)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 04:10:54 PM by trinindian »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2006, 11:58:28 AM »

(No he dosent, he just shootin from de hip)

forget Indian players in TT....We have identified only 4 big Indian/Asian ballers...Dorahsoo, who can play, Chopra...who I find ent good and he never was a big player for Newcastle. Winter was a big big player and This Fulham fella.
(The point is you ask for examples as per your previpus post and you got them...talk done)

Now there are exceptions to the rule....but alyuh just identify the exceptions......This is WORLDWIDE.

Consider the ratio of Indian/Asian people they have worldwide its millions of them......it is a curious thing to figure out why they just doe have ballers.
(Possibly because most of the countries that have indians in great numbers have had cricket, rugby or some other sport as the dominant one
How come africans from africa dont dominate basketball?

The same argument was made about asians and football years ago and check out korea and japan now)

k looking closer to home....Guyana have a large Indian population, I may be wrong, but every shell cup I see and Everytime Guyana come across here I never see a Indian lace up for them.
(Again, the argument can be made that Indian culture dosent push football as a first option, perhaps Indians in the carribbean can see the lofty heights that can be atained in cricket but not in football

Same goes for Jamaica...they are predominantly black, but the second largest ethnic group after is   Chinese and mixed. They also have a few indians in JA why is it they never had no ballers neither. Unless you count marshall who look lil dougla.
(I have no idea...perhaps they were not interested? or maybe the talented ones get run off the baseball field much like very talented blacks in the united states who were not allowed to play in the majors)

Now alyuh does want people to like alyuh here and be polite and say the correct things, but lemme show alyuh whats d scene down here.

I just making an observation and you can disagree with me but for those Who live in TT or who grew up here....and this is not a racist statement but merely an observation

Go to any park, savannah, field area and watch men playing ball you will understand what I talking bout.
(Maybe yuh ketch some shithounds on one day...unless you go to every single sweat of every single race everyday you just sowin seeds of racist garbage)

Why they exclusive no one knows, be it a friend thing, work ting, sense of belonging etc....but in many cases the best player in this sweat is avg or sub par in the other sweats..and because they stick together playing amongst themselves....and rarely let "outsiders" come in. They remain stagnant and their level does not increase.
(so what does that have to do with why Indians dont play football at high levels? ok so de men an dem in a little click in ah little village in ah little country in a small part of the world...that validates what?)

Point is The Indian side never win a game and the black side did well in the various rec leagues they entered.......so even removing natives from a country and allowing them to flourish in another yields the same result among the differing ethnic groups.
(This proves what? that yuh play wit some men who aint no ballers and formulate a worldwide theory on your personal sweat?)

(Your hypothesis needs significantly more testing my friend, there was once a hypothesis that blacks cant play golf and that cant play ice hockey as genetically they have weak ankles....theories that have since benn thrown into the garbage bin of time)

Who vex lorse but as one can see...the number or lackthereof of quality ballers of Indian decent in TT justify this hypothesis.
(You lorse boss, you throwin out one or two personal obsevations in a limited test area combining it with junk science backed up by WTD? and calling it fact?)

(Lehwe done this or continue on PM nah...you yuhself say earlier it doh make sense but yet you and starboy above fannin de flames)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 12:01:46 PM by Dutty »

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2006, 12:05:20 PM »

(No he dosent, he just shootin from de hip)

(The point is you ask for examples as per your previpus post and you got them...talk done)

(Possibly because most of the countries that have indians in great numbers have had cricket, rugby or some other sport as the dominant one
How come africans from africa dont dominate basketball?

The same argument was made about asians and football years ago and check out korea and japan now)

k looking closer to home....Guyana have a large Indian population, I may be wrong, but every shell cup I see and Everytime Guyana come across here I never see a Indian lace up for them.
(Again, the argument can be made that Indian culture dosent push football as a first option, perhaps Indians in the carribbean can see the lofty heights that can be atained in cricket but not in football

(I have no idea...perhaps they were not interested? or maybe the talented ones get run off the baseball field much like very talented blacks in the united states who were not allowed to play in the majors)

I just making an observation and you can disagree with me but for those Who live in TT or who grew up here....and this is not a racist statement but merely an observation

(Maybe yuh ketch some shithounds on one day...unless you go to every single sweat of every single race everyday you just sowin seeds of racist garbage)

(so what does that have to do with why Indians dont play football at high levels? ok so de men an dem in a little click in ah little village in ah little country in a small part of the world...that validates what?)

(This proves what? that yuh play wit some men who aint no ballers and formulate a worldwide theory on your personal sweat?)

(Your hypothesis needs significantly more testing my friend, there was once a hypothesis that blacks cant play golf and that cant play ice hockey as genetically they have weak ankles....theories that have since benn thrown into the garbage bin of time)

(You lorse boss, you throwin out one or two personal obsevations in a limited test area combining it with junk science backed up by WTD? and calling it fact?)

(Lehwe done this or continue on PM nah...you yuhself say earlier it doh make sense but yet you and starboy above fannin de flames)

Now i kind of see whey cana was shock you wasn't indian descent,
A hearty round of  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Ah really thought we had learned our lesson from the chutney warrior thing. Some men really shocking meh on this board

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2006, 12:09:03 PM »

Please tell me nah
Wine up on me she singing wine up on me-ee! Wine up on me, she singing wine up on me! Ah want ah dhal belly Indian tuh wine up on me...

Disclaimer: Toppa is on kicks

I also disagree with the claim that there is some superior/inferior footballing race, I think it has more to do with culture. Just like how Golf and tennis were traditionally viewed as "white" sports, in TnT, Indian - cricket African - football.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2006, 12:17:42 PM »

Please tell me nah
Wine up on me she singing wine up on me-ee! Wine up on me, she singing wine up on me! Ah want ah dhal belly Indian tuh wine up on me...

I also disagree with the claim that there is some superior/inferior footballing race, I think it has more to do with culture. Just like how Golf and tennis were traditionally viewed as "white" sports, in TnT, Indian - cricket African - football.

i agree it has to do more with culture,  but you see me i think football is a WORLD game not domniated by brazilians or germans or english. FOOTBALL IS A WORLD GAME!!!
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2006, 12:20:12 PM »

Now i kind of see whey cana was shock you wasn't indian descent,
A hearty round of  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Ah really thought we had learned our lesson from the chutney warrior thing. Some men really shocking meh on this board

You know since cana sell mih out...she REAL cause sales of my mail order polorie business to drop  :-\

Ah go do fuh she

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2006, 12:20:22 PM »

Please tell me nah

i agree it has to do more with culture,  but you see me i think football is a WORLD game not domniated by brazilians or germans or english. FOOTBALL IS A WORLD GAME!!!

I agree, but in less than an hour u will see that it is dominated by Brazilians   ;D

Offline christiano

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2006, 12:35:49 PM »
On a light note guys. Please dont stress meh out .

I am an Indian and i am chronic about football. But the real reasons plenty Indian dont make the squad is  because Sat Maraj say dont accept crosses !

Thats why you wont see a Indian keeper or an Indian Striker !
We try to keep the ball on the ground !! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:   

I'm just interested ...
Thanks for your inputs.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2006, 02:28:12 PM »

Please tell me nah

:D :D :D  :rotfl: yeah toppa i guess so but this is one Indian who ain't have no dhall belly and i will work my hardest to keep it that way.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2006, 02:41:24 PM »
It have some good indian players down in Trini...Dawirika...Apachi also known as Ricky... hardess also known a Dawyne! But some ah them indian like to much rum and criket! rotfl:  :rotfl: Is joke ah making I love all people!  :)

Since when is Dwarika Indian, he has Indian blood and an Indian name but nobody would say that Dwarika is Indian.

I for one hope more Indians get involved in football at the higher levels in T&T. It would only be a boone for Trinidad and Tobago football.

Aaron Winter was one of my favorite players on the Dutch team...pure class.
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2006, 03:07:29 PM »
From what i "ve gathed the the brits don"t reatherly accept south asians in their youth leagues ,no
matter how big or good they seem to be.So they being stop from the big league.
I remember a youth from Arima Senior ,back 89- 90,name Jazzy {alias} best player on the team,from the
Congo skills for days.u couldn beat he lol .

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2006, 03:13:03 PM »
From what i "ve gathed the the brits don"t reatherly accept south asians in their youth leagues ,no
matter how big or good they seem to be.So they being stop from the big league.
I remember a youth from Arima Senior ,back 89- 90,name Jazzy {alias} best player on the team,from the
Congo skills for days.u couldn beat he lol .
Nah, boss they are too secularised, the same for the Turks in England, we all know Turkish people are good at football and they have Big Turkish Communites in London but they want keep to themselves have set up their own leagues, ok a summer turkish league or turkish culture club team but nuff of them can make but they wanna keep to themselves, and theres allways fights in friggen Turkish & Asian so no scout wants to go and watch that.

Obvious some scouts maybe be racist but its bull crap. The good Indian players like Ricky Bains & Harpal Singh didnt play in these race leagues.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 03:15:28 PM by Carib-briton(aka Futbol) »

1]; } ?>