April 18, 2024, 05:48:50 PM

Author Topic: Indian Players in T&T  (Read 38550 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Indian Players in T&T
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2006, 08:16:09 PM »
You get all that from that article, :whistling: talk about reading between the lines ;D.Some ppl in this tread say it don"t have much good indian players.These guys just assembled a team they think can do well in
a world cup game,usng indians from all over the world.

What do you glean from this ?

" Impossible? So it seems. But don't lose hope. Nothing is wrong with the Indian football DNA. Spread across continents, players of Indian origin are creating waves."
It means they suck and the whole subcontinent is losing hope.But the writer is trying to tell ppl, football
has nothing to do with bloodlines or DNA ,and that there are successfull indian pedegree out there.

I don't think we disagree much on this thing. All I'm saying is that the article fails the hopes of Indian National football by naming those "pedigree" players. A nation that size should at least qualify for every other World Cup.
True I don"t think so either, your right with so many ppl. But this anomaly must have something to do with imperialism,it must. Which is weird since England is the cradle of football also ,guess the soldiers were more gentlemen who played mostly cricket ?

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
Re: This is so Funny!
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2006, 08:17:46 PM »
Exactly what I was saying. We prefer to speak about race rather than football. How stimulating can a race topic be?

How about you respond to this question? How can Trinidadians improve thier school system? I went to school in Trinidad when I was younger and the educational system is very old. The entire school system is based on old european values! When and how would we encourage our younger generation to think for themselves rather than simply cram everthing from a textbook. How can we implement a plan to encourge younger people to start their won business, rather than working for someone else?

What's your response?

what shyt yuh talkin. we education system backward??????? in pob sba yuh have to start yuh own business from scratch, and college free to boot.

i fed-up with this board ah goin and fix meh planes
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2006, 08:25:46 PM »

True I don"t think so either, your right with so many ppl. But this anomaly must have something to do with imperialism,it must. Which is weird since England is the cradle of football also ,guess the soldiers were more gentlemen who played mostly cricket ?

At least the movie Lagan presents that way  ;D ;D

Offline Mock de Dread

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2006, 09:09:09 PM »

the answer is simple because

when indians get a fowl in trini they curry it
and when chinese get a corner they open a shop

derrr

i dunno in school it was the same thing, i went to a predominantly indian school and we imported most of our players who were non indian

its real wierd but i think the inidans in trini are physically weaker or not as well developed as the african population because of diet etc
i mean growing up in school the hindus ate no meat and such its hard to develop physically with a diet of sasa roti and pimpkin , i'am no racist but call it as i see it and i saw it alot while at school their diets were poorer for one reason or the other compared to some of the other lads who ate blue food provisions etc

these days sports is partly science a big part of it i remember a guy from our hood who got drafted to play college ball in the US he was tall had mad skill but was skinny like i dunno what after 3 years abroad the coaches prepared a diet combined with weight training for him and he returned a big strappid nigger fir and muscles everywhere we were all amazed at what they had done, poor fella broke his leg after being featured in sports illustrated as a promising young athlete

so with the right diet once they have the skill and fitness you never know, i dont think our school system is developed enough to reach that point though pity

Imagine dawrika on a diet to imporve his size etc , as is with all his skill he is easily bumped around the pitch/field
i was schocked to see that guy in france today i think it was the first indian i have even seen at a WC i may be wrong though

Offline kevinAckin

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2006, 09:23:41 PM »
thiz beside the point but i now read this and found it was real funnyyyyyyyy
from fifa offical website

India qualified for the 1950 FIFA World Cup™ after a number of teams withdrew from the tournament. However, they declined to participate after FIFA prohibited playing barefoot.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/t/team/profile.html?team=ind

Offline kevinAckin

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2006, 09:25:26 PM »
by the way I iz a half chineeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
yeeeeeeeeeee hhaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

an yuh know the mix chinee's down here does conduct it
raaahhh raaahhhh
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 09:27:33 PM by kevinAckin »

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2006, 09:38:18 PM »

the answer is simple because

when indians get a fowl in trini they curry it
and when chinese get a corner they open a shop

derrr

i dunno in school it was the same thing, i went to a predominantly indian school and we imported most of our players who were non indian

its real wierd but i think the inidans in trini are physically weaker or not as well developed as the african population because of diet etc
i mean growing up in school the hindus ate no meat and such its hard to develop physically with a diet of sasa roti and pimpkin , i'am no racist but call it as i see it and i saw it alot while at school their diets were poorer for one reason or the other compared to some of the other lads who ate blue food provisions etc

these days sports is partly science a big part of it i remember a guy from our hood who got drafted to play college ball in the US he was tall had mad skill but was skinny like i dunno what after 3 years abroad the coaches prepared a diet combined with weight training for him and he returned a big strappid nigger fir and muscles everywhere we were all amazed at what they had done, poor fella broke his leg after being featured in sports illustrated as a promising young athlete

so with the right diet once they have the skill and fitness you never know, i dont think our school system is developed enough to reach that point though pity

Imagine dawrika on a diet to imporve his size etc , as is with all his skill he is easily bumped around the pitch/field
i was schocked to see that guy in france today i think it was the first indian i have even seen at a WC i may be wrong though

so now it is not jus indians, we more specific now it is trini Indians, they must be curry that fowl and not eat it, because if they did they would have meat in their diet.

And people saying this comment is not meant to be racist, does not change the fact that it is.

If it look like a duck, walk like a duck chances are it is a duck so bess i go curry it. Now if a man tell me right now Indians aren't not at the skill level to be on the team. As a big man I will admit he right, but to say that inherently we can't play ball and as people  we weaker, is pure f**kery meh eh no badjohn but if it is ah have to go one one with allyuh to prove that to some of allyuh i up for it. And yes i grow up eating roti and pumpkin and aloo pie.

Men does come across like undercover racist.

And to you mock de dread

As you see it what are Trini Indians Good For?

call it as you see it

I support all trini what ever creed or race, but some of you does make it really hard.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 09:51:30 PM by trinindian »

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2006, 09:43:10 PM »
Exactly what I was saying. We prefer to speak about race rather than football. How stimulating can a race topic be?

How about you respond to this question? How can Trinidadians improve thier school system? I went to school in Trinidad when I was younger and the educational system is very old. The entire school system is based on old european values! When and how would we encourage our younger generation to think for themselves rather than simply cram everthing from a textbook. How can we implement a plan to encourge younger people to start their won business, rather than working for someone else?

What's your response?
Ahh....the classic "ah move to ah BIG country, ah better dan allyuh" condescension

I suppose I could highlight the ravages of the new york school system and its shortcommings...but why bother

You have to remember trinidad is a still a relatively new independent country...barely 40 years..thus every country goes through growing pains as it forges an identity

Instead of casting aspersions to your 'former' countrymen,, why not take your vast reserves of knowledge and attempt to help trinis, teach them the skills so they wont have to work for someone else

With regard to your question about how stimulating race can be....it can educate the closed minded or make others aware that young people still regurgitate very old trains of thought

The country in which you live is constantly stimulted by race..controversial race topics on tv gather the highest ratings

Violence on its own doesnt make front page news,, however combine it with race and every major us newspaper is suddenly interested for a cover story

Before you start lobbing any more stones you might want to look around at the thin glass house in which you live
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2006, 09:43:49 PM »
Yuh know WTD make a legit point.

forget Indian players in TT....We have identified only 4 big Indian/Asian ballers...Dorahsoo, who can play, Chopra...who I find ent good and he never was a big player for Newcastle. Winter was a big big player and This Fulham fella.

Now there are exceptions to the rule....but alyuh just identify the exceptions......This is WORLDWIDE.

Consider the ratio of Indian/Asian people they have worldwide its millions of them......it is a curious thing to figure out why they just doe have ballers.

Ok looking closer to home....Guyana have a large Indian population, I may be wrong, but every shell cup I see and Everytime Guyana come across here I never see a Indian lace up for them.

Same goes for Jamaica...they are predominantly black, but the second largest ethnic group after is   Chinese and mixed. They also have a few indians in JA why is it they never had no ballers neither. Unless you count marshall who look lil dougla.

Now alyuh does want people to like alyuh here and be polite and say the correct things, but lemme show alyuh whats d scene down here.

I just making an observation and you can disagree with me but for those Who live in TT or who grew up here....and this is not a racist statement but merely an observation.

You ever notice they have 3 types of football sweat....Indian, Mixed and Black.

Have you ever noticed the quality of the sweat?

Go to any park, savannah, field area and watch men playing ball you will understand what I talking bout.

The Indian sweat always has the poorest quality.

Why they exclusive no one knows, be it a friend thing, work ting, sense of belonging etc....but in many cases the best player in this sweat is avg or sub par in the other sweats..and because they stick together playing amongst themselves....and rarely let "outsiders" come in. They remain stagnant and their level does not increase.

Also in Florida I played with two trini sides, one a indian side and the other a black side...If anyone remembers those posts from way back when, yuh will remember the episodes.

Point is The Indian side never win a game and the black side did well in the various rec leagues they entered.......so even removing natives from a country and allowing them to flourish in another yields the same result among the differing ethnic groups.

This is my hypothesis and observation.

Who vex lorse but as one can see...the number or lackthereof of quality ballers of Indian decent in TT justify this hypothesis.

It doe have anything to get upset with...Thats how it go.

Good observation Touches. It is True. I played with an Indian side and we lose. To them the sweat was more a friend kind of thing. When other blacks came for the sweat some of the Indian guys did not want them to come back.

The Black side I played with did well. Whoever wanted a sweat and was good got one.

Offline kevinAckin

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2006, 09:44:41 PM »
i want a bateeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2006, 09:48:19 PM »
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #101 on: June 13, 2006, 09:50:19 PM »

Now i kind of see whey cana was shock you wasn't indian descent,
A hearty round of  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
Ah really thought we had learned our lesson from the chutney warrior thing. Some men really shocking meh on this board

You know since cana sell mih out...she REAL cause sales of my mail order polorie business to drop  :-\

Ah go do fuh she

Come nah
I ain't living far from ya

Start selling pelau and blue food....shucks man :devil:

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 13, 2006, 09:54:39 PM »

Come nah

Cana how much for a box lunch, and dinner of blue food becuase that is all i going to eat now cause i want to be big (taller than 5,10) and strong  :D :D :D ;D

what is the delivery charge to wisconsin
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 09:58:52 PM by trinindian »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #103 on: June 13, 2006, 10:02:18 PM »

Come nah

Cana how much for a box lunch, and dinner of blue food becuase that is all i going to eat now cause i want to be big (taller than 5,10) and strong  :D :D :D ;D

what is the delivery charge to wisconsin

ya put ah smile on meh face yes
taller dan 5'10 eh

what i suggest well i hadda PM ya

check Duttiness for dey delivery charge

btw it have ah indian player in France team :rotfl:
how come it ain't have ah chinee in dey cricket and football team eh? >:(

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 13, 2006, 10:10:24 PM »
This thing is only an issue because when the world looked at Trinidad team on saturday, all they seeing is people of African descent. Despite the fact that Trinidad has alot of East Indians. This showing of blacks on the football team tells the world that Trinidad is a black country. Does anyone remember when the word "chutney" was almost incorporated into the soca warriors name? What do you think the reason for that was?

The soca warriors looks more like a "black african" than a "Trinidadian" team. Some dont like that but that is the truth. Please dont be offended if you are.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: June 13, 2006, 10:17:16 PM »
Well lets just say its on the up and up

Our Beloved prime Minister has afforded free tertiary education for all.

The dollar for dollar programme has been superceded by GATE

This however is not extended to MBA and Masters programs....just undergrad.

Apart from the school feeding programme, free text books and other methods of school reform there are now other options for students.

A multitude of private instituions have opened up giving people the option of distance learning as well as providing SAT, GMAT, MCAT etc and preparation for testing in order to enter US institutions instead of the traditional O and A' Levels i.e the British system.

School is now affordable and available to all.

Even vocational courses, trade etc...all are now Free.

Dont forget the new International, Canadaian schools and the expansion of some of the prestige schools e.g Bishop Anstey and Trinity college to have locations in the East.

Question do you think you excelled abroad due to your schooling in TT or did the system stunt your growth?

Let me share this with you.....so called educated MBA professionals in the states and college graduates cannot even say they tables.

Yankee children are not taught times tables and ask...what is that...they use calculator and rely on drawing circles and boxes to do their tables.

Imagine I shant call names but during my stint in the states nobody in the office coulda say they times tables....except me.

Yes there are positives as well as negatives but students from TT usually go abroad and excel......and it comes from having a good primary and secondary school background.

How many "duncee" chirren you know....who couldnt cut it in TT schools go abroad and get degrees and lick up all the other chirren in high school etc.

Is it because the level down here is higher and only the strong survive....or is it that US schools cater to the needs of "weaker" students.

What I do find...is that generally Yankee students, chirren and the population as a whole is more expressive and can carry a conversation, put forth a point of view etc....much better than their Trini counterpart.

Younger children are encouraged to express themselves and they are comfortable speaking to crowds, people etc.

But other than that I think for the most part...once yuh pass tru the school system down here...you good to go.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 10:22:00 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 13, 2006, 10:24:39 PM »
This thing is only an issue because when the world looked at Trinidad team on saturday, all they seeing is people of African descent. Despite the fact that Trinidad has alot of East Indians. This showing of blacks on the football team tells the world that Trinidad is a black country. Does anyone remember when the word "chutney" was almost incorporated into the soca warriors name? What do you think the reason for that was?

The soca warriors looks more like a "black african" than a "Trinidadian" team. Some dont like that but that is the truth. Please dont be offended if you are.

Foot ball prof, back when this post first started i posted, that what we had in germany was our bess 23. And i i expressed to lizard despite what he saw indians play ball, but jus in this present team indians were not among the top 23. The team represents trinidad and I am a trinidadian, so i don't take issue with them been afro-trini. I am a trini of indian descent and that is all it will ever be.

What I take issue with is when people say indians are weaker and attribute other physical inferiority's to Indo trinidadians, and cite these as reasons why we can't play ball don't play ball as well and hence don't make the team. And i never supported adding chutney to the name
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 10:33:37 PM by trinindian »

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #107 on: June 13, 2006, 10:33:52 PM »
So lemme ask something

By the way I not offended, but

When the coaches ask members of the public who are interested in playing football for TnT and or any League in TnT, 100 Trinibagoians came out..11 of them get to represent Trinidad and Tobago, WHY ??

Because 11 ah dem flipping good at what they do - end of story.

Minus Lara, look at the Trinidad and Tobago cricket team...
Look who play tennis, swim professionally for us... Bovell !!
Need I say Golf - Ames !!

Does it matter the colour of our skin in our sporting activities ?
The fact is we are represented and the world is seeing what we can do.

Allyuh kill this talk nah...we have better things to discuss other than race..steups

I have no idea what wrong with you all. Since Saturday this forum WAS SUPPOSE to be filled with positive vibes, "big ups" for the boys, "prayers" etc.... and this is all we can write about ??

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 13, 2006, 10:42:05 PM »
No Indian ballers, black footballers and white coaches, plus white owners of dem clubs. I smell a conspiracy.

Come on now SSFL have nuff indian playing ball and de debe league, tarouba league back in de day had nuff indian teams. Plus Debe Utd had a lot of indian players. Why dey never progressed to the top leagues and national team is a mystery or may not be.

Which does lead me to wonder, why de winter olympics is a white dominated, ping pong and badmington, archery and shooting is asian dominated, swiming, diving, gymnastics etc is not dominated by blacks. We have had few black grand slam tennis players, Tiger may act black but he is not mandingo.

I guess that indians are not good sprinters or middle distance runners, so this bull sh*t explanation may justify what indians are not good ballers. Any sport that requires running or agility is black dominated.

It doh really matter though, to meh daughter Trinidad is a magical place. She is so happy to see so many different coloured faces, and to be in such a beautiful place. All ah we is one family. When TNT take de field, is all ah we dey representing. Even meh daughter.

heck, I just hope meh daughter have some kind ah footballing skills, she mother is a Korean and yuh see how dem play yesterday.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 10:45:11 PM by dctrini »

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 13, 2006, 10:50:33 PM »
I dont support the inferiority theory either. But lets face it, people who do not know alot about Trinidad wondered how come there arent any east Indians on the team. Like I said before, a Sri Lankan told me that some in his community thought that the east Indian population in Trinidad would be represented on the soca warriors. Thats why the Sri Lankan community wanted to see Trinidad.

On Saturday some Trinidadian felt two types of pride. One being national  
"Trinidadian" pride and the other being racial "black" pride. Its seems as if fellow Indian Trinidadians felt more national pride that day. But Trinis of African descent felt both national and racial pride.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #110 on: June 13, 2006, 10:54:52 PM »
I dont support the inferiority theory either. But lets face it, people who do not know alot about Trinidad wondered how come there arent any east Indians on the team. Like I said before, a Sri Lankan told me that some in his community thought that the east Indian population in Trinidad would be represented on the soca warriors. Thats why the Sri Lankan community wanted to see Trinidad.

"Trinidadian" pride and the other being racial "black" pride. Its seems as if fellow Indian Trinidadians felt more national pride that day. But Trinis of African descent felt both national and racial pride.

ah hear ya football prof.
Well what can I say, on behalf of the population of Trinidad and Tobago, tell ya Sri Lankan pardna (btw sounding kinda small minded) sorry he/she couldn't see ah indian in dey football team.

But if he/she wants to see Indians, just let them know BWIA flying high and rates cheap.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 13, 2006, 11:00:53 PM »

it is what it is, ah tired and i had enough of this thread for today.

Offline football prof

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 13, 2006, 11:03:11 PM »
lol  :rotfl:

I would not say small minded but he just does not know. He knows alot of Indo Trinis, but it is now that he seeing the Trinidad team.  :beermug:

Offline Triniboy119

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 13, 2006, 11:08:36 PM »
LOL interesting Post anyway good arguments but its still kinda Strange info says that how trinidad got more indians than Black yet there's no indians on the team. O well It doesn't matter we Playing for every body blacks, indians, White, Chinese ect. we representing the Country not one Race.

Ethnicity/race: East Indian (a local term—primarily immigrants from northern India) 40.3%, black 39.5%, mixed 18.4%, white 0.6%, Chinese and other 1.2%

No offence to indian ppl but i really taught we had more blacks yall real reproducing boy.

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #114 on: June 13, 2006, 11:10:28 PM »
well now he can put 11 "african" men together with his knowledge of Indo Trinis and realize we Trinidad and Tobago is a multiraciall society.

Now you can give him this news slowly, be careful we don't want him to get a stroke, give him the news that we also have syrian, chinee, ole spanish, dougla, cerole and pelau (mix with everything) in Trinidad and Tobago too  :devil:

I don't think he is ready to hear about our music as yet....
Let him get over this shock first  :beermug:

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 13, 2006, 11:15:56 PM »

I think you're wrong on the "Race pride" bit. because I certainly didn't feel any. It was all National. They're representing the Red White and Black, not Red Gold and Green.
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 13, 2006, 11:18:17 PM »
LOL interesting Post anyway good arguments but its still kinda Strange info says that how trinidad got more indians than Black yet there's no indians on the team. O well It doesn't matter we Playing for every body blacks, indians, White, Chinese ect. we representing the Country not one Race.

Ethnicity/race: East Indian (a local term—primarily immigrants from northern India) 40.3%, black 39.5%, mixed 18.4%, white 0.6%, Chinese and other 1.2%

No offence to indian ppl but i really taught we had more blacks yall real reproducing boy.

The difference between 40.3 and 39.5 isn't really that significant, especially when the over-all population is only 1.3 million.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #117 on: June 13, 2006, 11:18:29 PM »

I think you're wrong on the "Race pride" bit. because I certainly didn't feel any. It was all National. They're representing the Red White and Black, not Red Gold and Green.

<looking in she "name that flag" book and find out who is Red, Gold and Green>

Toppa girl ya kill meh dey yes  :rotfl:

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 13, 2006, 11:19:18 PM »

Toppa girl ya kill meh dey yes  :rotfl:

??? Wha'appen? lol
www.westindiantube.com

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 13, 2006, 11:23:51 PM »