March 28, 2024, 01:40:55 PM

Author Topic: Indian Players in T&T  (Read 38390 times)

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Indian Players in T&T
« Reply #60 on: June 13, 2006, 03:30:40 PM »
From what i "ve gathed the the brits don"t reatherly accept south asians in their youth leagues ,no
matter how big or good they seem to be.So they being stop from the big league.
I remember a youth from Arima Senior ,back 89- 90,name Jazzy {alias} best player on the team,from the
Congo skills for days.u couldn beat he lol .
Nah, boss they are too secularised, the same for the Turks in England, we all know Turkish people are good at football and they have Big Turkish Communites in London but they want keep to themselves have set up their own leagues, ok a summer turkish league or turkish culture club team but nuff of them can make but they wanna keep to themselves, and theres allways fights in friggen Turkish & Asian so no scout wants to go and watch that.

OK  well let me rephrase ,there are biases on both sides ,the only thing being hurt is the sport and
the fans.But i think the new generations will hopfully change in the UK .People can do anything if
they have some gifts and determination regardless of ethnicity,.Look the Blue Jays picked an Indian
in the baseball draft last week name Jonathan  Baksh{possibly trini} WTF ,i never know indian playing baseball,but there you go.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 04:25:57 PM by Compre »

Offline torontotrini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 13, 2006, 03:34:01 PM »
who gives a shit what race you are!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P

WHEN YOU PRICK US WE ALL BLEED T&T BLOOD.  RACISM DIED ALONG TIME AGO IN CANADA YOU SHOULD LIVE HERE WHERE THOSE THINGS ARE SECONDARY MATTERS.

LATES FROM TORONTOTRINI :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 13, 2006, 03:37:51 PM »
From what i "ve gathed the the brits don"t reatherly accept south asians in their youth leagues ,no
matter how big or good they seem to be.So they being stop from the big league.
I remember a youth from Arima Senior ,back 89- 90,name Jazzy {alias} best player on the team,from the
Congo skills for days.u couldn beat he lol .
Nah, boss they are too secularised, the same for the Turks in England, we all know Turkish people are good at football and they have Big Turkish Communites in London but they want keep to themselves have set up their own leagues, ok a summer turkish league or turkish culture club team but nuff of them can make but they wanna keep to themselves, and theres allways fights in friggen Turkish & Asian so no scout wants to go and watch that.

OK  well let me rephrase ,there are biases on both sides ,the only thing being hurt is the sport and
the fans.But i think the new generations will hopfully change in the UK .People can do anything if
they have some gifts and determination regardless of ethnicity,.Look the Blue Jays picked an Indian
in the baseball draft last week name Jonathan  Baksh WTF ,i never know indian playing baseball,but there you go.
Indians in england, let me say I have heard this come out there mouth before anyone attacks me, the one that I know complain before they even start playing saying how it wont get picked up and blah blah blah, I told the guy STFU and go and play , he got invited to the West Ham Development centre 3 months later. I heard he didnt get in (west ham is very hard to get into before you say anything) but it shows when he stopped the friggen complaining and chose NOT to play in these race leagues he progressed. Indians in england shoot them selves more than others shoot them in the foot.

You think black people had it easy to get into teams back in the day? difference is black people wanted to prove everybody wrong, so they would mash up people in dey own arena,, I dont need to tell anyone the end of the story.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 13, 2006, 03:41:52 PM »
allyuh know indians   does play more criket than football yet allyuh still quarreling

set ah jammet in here

fighting down touches like he iz not ah indian too

how saying indians like criket more iz disrespecting them???

in 98,99 the starting midfielder fuh malick was ah indian but he doh make up de majority kakaholes

they not on de team cause it doh have none capable at the moment. simple.

i vex julius not on de team but i cyar wanna fight the world bcause he not dey
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2006, 03:44:41 PM »
allyuh know indians   does play more criket than football yet allyuh still quarreling

set ah jammet in here

fighting down touches like he iz not ah indian too

how saying indians like criket more iz disrespecting them???

in 98,99 the starting midfielder fuh malick was ah indian but he doh make up de majority kakaholes

they not on de team cause it doh have none capable at the moment. simple.

i vex julius not on de team but i cyar wanna fight the world bcause he not dey

:rotfl:

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2006, 03:51:10 PM »

ENGLAND has a indian population...do u see any indians playing for them?
BRAZIL has an indian population,.....do u see any indians playing for them?
GERMANY has an indian population....do u see any indians playing for them?
ITALY also..but u should get my point by now
It all comes down to the dominant footballing race

what dumb shit you writing?
Hart for president

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2006, 04:07:40 PM »
De fact that this here thread getting heated mek me feel like we still have a long way to go before we all realize we is all God's or Jah's creatures (did not mean to add fire to the talk by bringing religion into it) and as Torontotrini say "we all bleed T&T blood".  Yeah, different races over time seem to dominate certain activities but I tink that it is all cultural and diversity is what make life so good.  Jus imagine how boring it go be if all deh flowers in de world was one colour and shape.

Jus to remind everybody here is a verse from our anthem:

"....
Here every creed and race,
Find an equal place,
And may God bless our nation.
Here every creed and race,
Find an equal place,
And may God bless our nation."

Amen.

And I add: May God bless the Soca Warriors on Thursday and Tuesday and Saturday June 24 when dey meet Germany in Stage 2".  Amen
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 13, 2006, 04:18:47 PM »
the Indians more prefer to play cricket

all yuh men real good in truth

come now do you know this for a fact?
I grew up in chaguanas and I do not like cricket.
Growing up every afternoon we kicked  ball on some level, cricket was only played occasionally.

Indians never got the chance in football before so they lose interest, now they get a little more respect, hopefully we will see a few in 2010 (Javed Mohammed) remember that name. They will have to now step it up.

Lizard, i agree with sando, there is a mind set that some of us are  more inclined  to play some sports. A mentality that is only compounded by the fact they have been no truly great  players of Indian origin. It take a little while to break out of the mold that has been prescribed to us.

Meh boy Aron Winter is of indian origin and he played for holland.
Vikash Dhorasoo is of indian origin and he plays for france.

Bobby Sookram, Ellis Sadaphal and Steve Khan are of indian origin and they all played for T&T.

Anybody who around T&T football knows that there are talented indian players, so Sando doh talk that rubbish about they never got a chance.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 04:21:32 PM by rastafari »

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 13, 2006, 04:42:03 PM »

What Indian baller playing in the MLS, English premier league or any other league as a matter of fact.
Vikash Dhorasoo(french league) and theres Chopra

There is no conspiracy....We have no WC quality Indian ballers in TT and that is FACT!.

Theres one on the french team though Indian Descent Via Mauritius  ;D

wow i did not know that , tanks for the education lesson

If yuh was interested in the sport yuh would have known this long time.
Yuh just sounding like a waggonist bredrin.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 13, 2006, 04:59:59 PM »
What about Anthony Danoolal? Did he not play for Trinidad during the nineties at sometime, may be a handful of games.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 13, 2006, 05:02:01 PM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

who  is u to tell me if i was interested in sport i would have known this long time ago, dread man I in grad school my priorties have evolved, and in the US i don't get that kind of football coverage here.

But swell you chest, you more informed than me in one area, so that makes you qualified to call me waggonist. Allyuh real good in trute

But i digress Carib-briton thks for the info once more
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 07:11:54 PM by trinindian »

Offline Carib-Briton

• Hero Warrior
  • Working Things Out!
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 13, 2006, 05:06:17 PM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI
lol, everybody dont know something. If he said he didnt know who Spann, Vieira or Owen was then there would be a problem,lol

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 13, 2006, 05:17:00 PM »
 It have players man

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 13, 2006, 05:21:06 PM »
check these out
                            http://sport.indiatimes.com/soccerarticleshow/1632280.cms

« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 05:25:47 PM by Compre »

Offline rastafari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 13, 2006, 05:25:45 PM »

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

you is u to tell i was interested in sport i would have known this long time ago, dread man I in grad school my priorties have evolved, and in the US i don't get that kind of football coverage here.

But swell you chest, you more informed than me in one area, so that makes you qualified to call me waggonist. Allyuh real good in trute

But i digress Carib-briton thks for the info once more

I never call yuh a waggonist, i just said that yuh sounding like a waggonist scene.

JAH BLESS RASTAFARI

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #75 on: June 13, 2006, 05:33:01 PM »
I sweat all over the place with all kinds of different looking people and I never noticed any inherant difference in quality in players of any particular ethnic group. On average you I see the same amount of shithounds and men with touches in every ethnic group. With one exception 90% of the white players I've seen in Trinidad have a better mastery of the rudiments of the game than the average Trinidadian sweata.  he differences I have seen have more to do with football culture and from whatever community or school you come.

Anybody from any "race"  can succeed at football if they tried. There are no indians on the National team because for whatever reason not many indians choose football as a career. That leap from novice participation into serious football is not there.  It makes no sense getting offended. If more whites, chinese, indians etc chose football then team would actually look more like Trinidad.

Offline real-warrior

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 13, 2006, 06:02:25 PM »
the indians more prefer to play cricket
i agree! ;D

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 13, 2006, 06:08:46 PM »
yall forgetting brent rahim. a talented dougla there
d original WARRIOR PRINCESS. win or lose i am a FIGHTER.

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 13, 2006, 06:31:04 PM »
check these out

very appropriate
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 13, 2006, 06:52:42 PM »
I'll give my personal observation from growing up in Trinidad.  The Indians, for whatever reason, tend to gravitate to cricket.  People of African descent play cricket as well as football.  When it comes to the highest level, there aren't many Indians to choose from, cause they have no numerical representation at that level.  I ain't no sociologist, but for whatever reason, a lot of Indians tend to develop and progress to play cricket at a first class level.  What men arguing for? IN the eighties and early 90s there was clamor bout how there were no Indians on the WI team.  What was the reason for that? Cause Indians were very active in the sport in Trinidad and Guyana.  For whatever reason (go ask the selectors at that time), they were really making the WI team.  Ah wonder what men go say bout that.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #80 on: June 13, 2006, 06:59:42 PM »
check these out

very appropriate

Perhaps I'm misinterpretting the whole thing but that article is more embarrassing than anything else. India has a population of over 1 billion people and a MASSIVE diaspora to go along with that. Even with this abundance of human capital this article can only highlight a mere handfull of "decent" players with superstar Vikash Dhorasoo heading the list. I don't even have to use T&T as a example of being more successful at developing good players. St. Vincent  and St Lucia could probably boast of a superior record than that

In my opinion the article failed to highlight the real solution to making football great in India instead it makes a bogus claim footballing parity based on genetics. In doing so the aurthor acknowledges a inherant inferiority and uses "the exception to the rule" of indians don't play well to dispute that erroneous claim in the first place. If the Japanese and Koreans can play football why can't Indians.  They are smaller people than indians and still play the game well. Football is an equal opportunity sport. You just have to be good enough to control, pass and shoot. The article should have pointed out the defects of India's football systems rather than selecting 11 men of Indian origin to prove that Indians can play football too.

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
This is so Funny!
« Reply #81 on: June 13, 2006, 07:05:20 PM »
It seems that things in Trinidad have not changed much! It's so funny that there would be over 70 replies about Indians playing football in Trinidad, whereas there have been under 25 postings for various other football topics.

When would Trinidadians learn??????????????

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: This is so Funny!
« Reply #82 on: June 13, 2006, 07:11:47 PM »
You have a valid point there but unless you read the threads it is hard to judge by just the no of replies....I say this because I just read all the replies to that thread and some intresting points did come out of it and there were other entertainment factors aw well. Remember the site is open to free speech and public opinion.

Some of the other threads are short because they either are S**T or do not stimulate comversation.

It also depends who is online as well.

Hopefully this thread will stimulate conversation.

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 13, 2006, 07:16:14 PM »
You get all that from that article, :whistling: talk about reading between the lines  ;D.Some ppl in this tread say it don"t have much good indian players.These guys just assembled a team they think can do well in
a world cup game,usng indians from all over the world.

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 13, 2006, 07:17:52 PM »
What we have failed to realized is that the Europeans have used race and religion so they can continue to reign there power. However, while they have made progress with there way of thinking, it seems that Trinidadians have continued there old way o thinking. As a young man growing up in Trinidad there were a lot of race issues, it seems that things have not changed much. When would our younger generation open there eyes, whether white, black indian, green, purple and realized that as a country we cannot adavance unless we work together.

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 13, 2006, 07:24:42 PM »
Exactly what I was saying. We prefer to speak about race rather than football. How stimulating can a race topic be?

How about you respond to this question? How can Trinidadians improve thier school system? I went to school in Trinidad when I was younger and the educational system is very old. The entire school system is based on old european values! When and how would we encourage our younger generation to think for themselves rather than simply cram everthing from a textbook. How can we implement a plan to encourge younger people to start their won business, rather than working for someone else?

What's your response?

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #86 on: June 13, 2006, 07:28:45 PM »
You get all that from that article, :whistling: talk about reading between the lines ;D.Some ppl in this tread say it don"t have much good indian players.These guys just assembled a team they think can do well in

What do you glean from this ?

" Impossible? So it seems. But don't lose hope. Nothing is wrong with the Indian football DNA. Spread across continents, players of Indian origin are creating waves."

Offline Quags

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 13, 2006, 07:46:34 PM »
You get all that from that article, :whistling: talk about reading between the lines ;D.Some ppl in this tread say it don"t have much good indian players.These guys just assembled a team they think can do well in

" Impossible? So it seems. But don't lose hope. Nothing is wrong with the Indian football DNA. Spread across continents, players of Indian origin are creating waves."
It means they suck and the whole subcontinent is losing hope.But the writer is trying to tell ppl, football
has nothing to do with bloodlines or DNA ,and that there are successfull indian pedegree out there.

« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 07:48:12 PM by Compre »

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2006, 08:05:42 PM »

It means they suck and the whole subcontinent is losing hope.But the writer is trying to tell ppl, football
has nothing to do with bloodlines or DNA ,and that there are successfull indian pedegree out there.

I don't think we disagree much on this thing. All I'm saying is that the article fails the hopes of Indian National football by naming those "pedigree" players. A nation that size should at least qualify for every other World Cup.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2006, 08:13:36 PM »
Exactly what I was saying. We prefer to speak about race rather than football. How stimulating can a race topic be?

How about you respond to this question? How can Trinidadians improve thier school system? I went to school in Trinidad when I was younger and the educational system is very old. The entire school system is based on old european values! When and how would we encourage our younger generation to think for themselves rather than simply cram everthing from a textbook. How can we implement a plan to encourge younger people to start their won business, rather than working for someone else?

What's your response?

Despite being out of the system for eight years I shall attempt to answer your question.

You might not be aware students nolonger required to sit the CE instead they are evaluated over a period leading up to the CE time frame when they take an exam, yes i know it sounds alot like common entrace to me too. There was a massive school building program and students are assured a place, school of choice, merits  if supply excced demand you are placed by loacation.

The goverment has an assitantship program to aid in buy bools, but this might prove a drain on fiances. A better soultion would be for the school to own the some  books and loan them to the student during the semester. Students mus then pay for teh book if it is damaged

Teachers should be instructed in new teaching techniques and how to use the latest teaching aids that will provide to them. Parents should take part in thier offspring upbringing, schools are not goverment funded day care agencies. Respect must be emphasized for teachers and discpline must be enforced. I don't understand how student get so brazen as to attack teachers. Discpline strts at home
« Last Edit: June 13, 2006, 09:56:25 PM by trinindian »

1]; } ?>