April 28, 2024, 04:01:49 PM

Author Topic: Indian Players in T&T  (Read 38751 times)

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
Re: Indian Players in T&T
« Reply #180 on: June 14, 2006, 05:29:51 PM »
Ah want some doubles, dat is one indian food ah like but cyar get it here in DC, does anyone know of ah place?

On the corner of University Parkway and New Hampshire Ave in Langley Park...dey from Penal area, boss doubles

doh go after 6:00 pm doh or is level shitting in yuh tail ;D
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 14, 2006, 06:13:37 PM »
[link=topic=17284.msg177961#msg177961 date=1150306261]

Yuh want ah biscuit?

Yuh have Mopsy?

Nah, just Bourbon buh ah have it in Chocolate, Stawberry and Custard cream.

Toppa i want some rough top and you if u could throw in a devon digestive we go criss

Rough Top!! Die some real hungry man biscuit dey boy. Rough Top n a red Solo, larrrrd!
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline #8

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 14, 2006, 07:09:38 PM »
What ever happen to that Adrian Narine???

instead of  trying to travel with de ball through de midfield...he decided to try and travel with something else and London customs blow him for de foul...

#8..President Of De Glen For Goals Committee

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 14, 2006, 07:16:41 PM »
ALyuh is kix we

Adrian Narine was a Redman...he didnt have nuttin looking indian in him.

The man was a furry furry redman with a bongo fro.

And yes if yuh was here years ago we talk bout this topic to death. Indian and football is not a new topic.

The title of the thread was name doesnt equal looks.

lemme see if I could pull up a pix.....

Men in foreign who read report but never see the man used to bawl.........Yes finally a indian on d side.

He was another waste...he was talented, beat like dat, good bullet but he was lil mad.
The man make San Jose get drafted in the second round pick... play a two game and walk out on them.

I find he was a big big player for joe public long time
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 07:22:45 PM by Touches »

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline Augi

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: This is so Funny!
« Reply #184 on: June 14, 2006, 08:16:17 PM »
How many "duncee" chirren you know....who couldnt cut it in TT schools go abroad and get degrees and lick up all the other chirren in high school etc.
I know exactly what you mean, not that I am aware of anyone eh ;D

What I do find...is that generally Yankee students, chirren and the population as a whole is more expressive and can carry a conversation, put forth a point of view etc....much better than their Trini counterpart.

Younger children are encouraged to express themselves and they are comfortable speaking to crowds, people etc.
Yeah in my time in TnT I would have like schooling to be that way.

and our own Commish works at one of those fine institutions, where my niece in TnT just graduated.

very interestin article about all this
well let me see. now i am a teacher..or soon to eb certifed. dear i gave my opnion. the educational institutions and infratructure here surpases trini's and i guess most of the other WI islands. touches pt about more expressive is true.. but to a pt. trinis can express themselves just fine but arent encouraged to do so as much as th ekids over here are. but fella...trinis ahve an edge that the nortamerican dont have or rather they let slip away. they think rote learning has no place and that is where thye miss the boat. trinis education system conversely, sometimes, focuses wayyyyyyyyyyyyy to much on rote leanring(memorization). both systems have positives and negatives but educational systems supposed to eb culturally directed. that is a problems for nortamerica with its high immigrnat population. where as trinis fit well cause, our culture and education are interwoven. dais all i ahve to say for now...i wait your rpelies:D

All these errors and you soon to be a certified teacher???? Lord help us!!

Offline UPRISING

• Sr. Warrior
  • "Justice is what de youths dem need overall..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 15, 2006, 08:11:06 AM »
I know is a few days now dat dis thread running eh ..but I still trippin on de fact dat WARMONGA is AH INDIAN dred?!!?!?!? 

All dat gun talk from ah indian??  Big up yuhself pardna ...respeck!  Tings real change!
"...de way dem deal wit Mankind all mih gyal start bawl.."

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 15, 2006, 08:16:08 AM »
I guess that Adrian Narine did not get 5 A's then... :rotfl:

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
Re: This is so Funny!
« Reply #187 on: June 15, 2006, 08:31:45 AM »
Well lets just say its on the up and up

Our Beloved prime Minister has afforded free tertiary education for all.

The dollar for dollar programme has been superceded by GATE

This however is not extended to MBA and Masters programs....just undergrad.

Apart from the school feeding programme, free text books and other methods of school reform there are now other options for students.

A multitude of private instituions have opened up giving people the option of distance learning as well as providing SAT, GMAT, MCAT etc and preparation for testing in order to enter US institutions instead of the traditional O and A' Levels i.e the British system.

School is now affordable and available to all.

Even vocational courses, trade etc...all are now Free.

Dont forget the new International, Canadaian schools and the expansion of some of the prestige schools e.g Bishop Anstey and Trinity college to have locations in the East.

Question do you think you excelled abroad due to your schooling in TT or did the system stunt your growth?

Let me share this with you.....so called educated MBA professionals in the states and college graduates cannot even say they tables.

Yankee children are not taught times tables and ask...what is that...they use calculator and rely on drawing circles and boxes to do their tables.

Imagine I shant call names but during my stint in the states nobody in the office coulda say they times tables....except me.

Yes there are positives as well as negatives but students from TT usually go abroad and excel......and it comes from having a good primary and secondary school background.

How many "duncee" chirren you know....who couldnt cut it in TT schools go abroad and get degrees and lick up all the other chirren in high school etc.

Is it because the level down here is higher and only the strong survive....or is it that US schools cater to the needs of "weaker" students.

What I do find...is that generally Yankee students, chirren and the population as a whole is more expressive and can carry a conversation, put forth a point of view etc....much better than their Trini counterpart.

Younger children are encouraged to express themselves and they are comfortable speaking to crowds, people etc.

But other than that I think for the most part...once yuh pass tru the school system down here...you good to go.

Touches, yuh raise some good points here. When I saw this same lack of facility with arithmetic (and spelling too) it made me realize there were some problems with the american educational system. However, I have to give credit to the Americans for being able to distinguish what is important from what is not important.

E.g.

is knowing one's times tables important if you have a calculator available? if you know anything about maths, the whole field of DEs was pretty much obsoleted by the emergence of the computer. shouldn't our education reflect the technological context in which we live?

E.g.
is correct spelling important with today's spell checkers? the key point of language is communication - do typos obscure meaning? these are imho the important questions.

the key point here is keeping an eye on what is important and this requires a flexibility that, i contend, the american educational system (especially at the graduate level) has.

Offline Touches

• Hero Warrior
  • Trow wine on she...
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 15, 2006, 09:27:09 AM »
Ribbit

Point taken but yuh see that spell checker and calculator.

Wha go happen if yuh Battery dead or current gorn?

We must never ever allow a device determine one's self worth and ability and use it as an excuse to be mediocre.

It come like.....you cant talk, speak or write properly because when you have to communicate with someone the computer will fix the errors.....Nah it musnt work so.

Same thing with the calculator...common sense come before book sense.

SO you trying to tell me if you have no computer and spell checker and calculator you cyar exist and have to remain a chupidee.....eh eh.

Yuh must always learn for yuhself so nuttin and nobody or object could cut style on yuh.

You must always strive to better yourself in all ways, actions and thoughts...........you must not use "things" as a crutch.

Yes machines are used to make things easier but there must always be a master and somebody have to always be in control.

As for your point on typos, grammer etc....Yes absolutely....Unless it is a child writing asking Santa for a gift, if it is a business letter, pips, love note, or even a post on this forum ...If someone sends me a letter with grammatical errors three meanings will be conveyed to me.

1) The message that he/she attempted to convey.

2) A lack of respect for me the reader, showing that you could not take the time to check over what you wrote.

but most importantly,

3) This person is a shithound and cyar string 3 words together....unnacceptable if its a big adult and we are in a professional environment.

Yuh understand ribbit.

Yuh must learn to uphold a standard and if yuh trying to mask yuh deficiencies thats one thing but yuh must always improve yuhself

Finally there would always be people who would not use these things if you are being compared to them who yuh think would be looked at more favourably?

A for apple, B for Bat, C for yuhself!

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 15, 2006, 09:28:28 AM »
Touches and Ribbit,
Allyuh have some really good points regarding the education system, this is a topic that that is dear to my heart..2 quick comments.
Ribbit,
U have a great point regarding technology..why do it the hard way when there is an easier way...however I believe u should still be able to do it hard way.
Touches,
There are a lot more opportunities for education back home that was not available in my time..imagine for me to get a free undergraduate and graduate education I had to do it in the States.  However, there is a problem with "place for everybody" after CE/SEA..some of these schools students are placed in are of no use..no teachers or a very low standard of teaching.
I could go on about the differences in education between the US and TnT but World Cup going on...both systems have advantages and disadvantages...however, high school (A'Levels even O'Levels alone) adequately prepares Trinis to kick a$$ in the US.

Offline real madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 15, 2006, 09:31:05 AM »
Touches,
U need good grammar for ah post on this forum?... ;D..Come nah man ease up ppl a lil bit.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 16, 2006, 11:09:08 PM »
It is not my intention to re hatch or resurrect this thread, but I believe that some of us could benefit from knowing a definition of racism, so that they evaluate some of the facts they spew as gospel truth.

Racism

1) The belief that race accounts for differences in human character or ability and that a particular
     race is superior to others.
2) Discrimination or prejudice based on race.
3) The belief that some races are inherently superior (physically, intellectually, or
    culturally) to others and therefore have a right to dominate them.

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 17, 2006, 11:33:44 AM »
Ah man in a previous post ask what Indian good for, well recently I watchin TV an see that ah Indian from India buy ah house in England for 127 million U.S. DOLLARS an they call it de TAJ 'MITTAL'  ah say but wait, this is de same man MANNING de PNM sell we

Offline ON DE BLOCK

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 17, 2006, 11:40:36 AM »
sell we STEEL MILL to. An this man is now the 3rd richest man in de world with 25 billion US, an that is what Manning good for.

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 17, 2006, 11:43:30 AM »
Ah man in a previous post ask what Indian good for, well recently I watchin TV an see that ah Indian from India buy ah house in England for 127 million U.S. DOLLARS an they call it de TAJ 'MITTAL'  ah say but wait, this is de same man MANNING de PNM sell we

:beermug: :beermug: cheers :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline najee

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: June 19, 2006, 06:23:25 PM »
I'm Trinidadian (black)....and i would really like to see Indian's and chinese's representing Trinidad and Tobago as footballer in the near further

Offline TriniCana

• Hero Warrior
  • ah Catch ah Glad
    • View Profile
    • allyuhmuddaass@com
« Reply #196 on: June 19, 2006, 06:38:33 PM »
I'm Trinidadian (black)....and i would really like to see Indian's and chinese's representing Trinidad and Tobago as footballer in the near further

I think we all would want that.....but we can't force them right ?

Recently I read in this very same forum about Tobago inviting fellas to try out for their team. How many of you thought about it ?
How many of you told your "non-african" friends about it.

When Bennie invited members of the public to try out for the squard, how many of you said "hmmm why not give it a try" or lemme call Lal and ChuFan who does play small goal round dey savannah to go try out ?

How many of you ?

Yet one person brings up the topic "Indian Players in T&T or lack thereof, and everybody have an opinion or just simply jump on dey wagon putting "blame" or pointing fingers at who should or who playing what sport... why not point at yourself for change.

my 3 cents
who vex froth  :beermug:

See God in every face, not race."
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 06:59:30 PM by MuFF PuFF »

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 19, 2006, 06:50:26 PM »
http://www.socawarriors.net/greatest_players.htm
am...jus refer here please allyuh it have several names that are east idnian..stop d eole talk please..holy crap..trini is a multicultural society yet some ppl who have different backgrounds fill different niches..sometimes the overlap sometimes not. at any rate i am a trini .as i know everyone on this forum is.   trini dais our ethnicity.trini.l
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #198 on: June 29, 2006, 08:41:46 PM »
Wow..ah miss all this bacchanal while ah was in Germany yes
Thanks Dutty for pointing meh here lol
since this thread more or less done ah ent go add meh own percived racist comments then lol
ah go wait again till the next one start up to antagonize allyuh..btw when i say 'allyuh', i mean forumites alright  ;D
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 29, 2006, 09:03:39 PM »
Alvin Thomas he was indian i think  ??? ??? ??? ???
All American

Offline RGarcia

• Forward To Mid-Field to Defense
  • Hero Warrior
  • Who Jah bless, no man curse!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 29, 2006, 09:05:05 PM »
Rudy Roberts a man that coach me on the national team also is Indian.
All American

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 29, 2006, 09:14:06 PM »
after this thread disappear for 10 days one man decide to resurrect it to cause more "heated discussion" on de board

Offline raj

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 30, 2006, 12:21:32 AM »
alvin thomas was a dougla.. he used to play with alcons.

Offline Errol

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 15, 2016, 07:11:33 AM »
Jarred Dass.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 15, 2016, 07:47:11 AM »
It will always be a very difficult job for Indians when they have to compete with Afros,an Indo boy may have what it takes but there will always be an Afro boy who is better.There are more Afro boys to choose from for a start,secondly they are more athletic,I may be wrong but Afro boys will always put sporting excellence before education,on the other hand only a handful of Indos will choose sport before education.
Take a look at England,they can literally pick an England team of Afros but the Afro population is probably 2 or 3 percent,and over 50 million of the population is white,the present England team recently played about 5 Afros,what about France.The fact is more Indos have to change their culture and take part,I grew up in Sando and saw many very good Indian ballers,but they never took it futher,always dropped out for some reason or other.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 15, 2016, 08:43:19 AM »
It will always be a very difficult job for Indians when they have to compete with Afros,an Indo boy may have what it takes but there will always be an Afro boy who is better.There are more Afro boys to choose from for a start,secondly they are more athletic,I may be wrong but Afro boys will always put sporting excellence before education,on the other hand only a handful of Indos will choose sport before education.
Take a look at England,they can literally pick an England team of Afros but the Afro population is probably 2 or 3 percent,and over 50 million of the population is white,the present England team recently played about 5 Afros,what about France.The fact is more Indos have to change their culture and take part,I grew up in Sando and saw many very good Indian ballers,but they never took it futher,always dropped out for some reason or other.

There are socioeconomic reasons why more black athletes are in the major sports in most places than other ethnicities.  Are you of the belief that all are blessed with equal opportinities to further their education and have long term success outside of sporting endeavours? Much less to do with choice than you over simplify and make it out to be.  Sometimes sports is the only seemingly attainable means of escaping poverty.  Without resources to dedicate to higher education (save for the few places around the world where it's free to the citizens) many do not have that as an option

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 15, 2016, 10:07:03 AM »
Greg Ranjitsingh...not from T&T but is eligible to represent for us.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 15, 2016, 10:29:22 AM »

An Indian player would be someone from India, same as an African player would someone from Africa. How many of them we have in T&T?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 15, 2016, 10:54:52 AM »
I can understand socioeconomic reasons playing a part in countries of Europe and North America but that should not be the reason in the Caribbean.In London the best students are Chinese and Indians,the students with the worst achievements are English and Afro Caribbean

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 02, 2016, 08:18:58 PM »

1]; } ?>