April 28, 2024, 08:21:51 PM

Author Topic: Touchin base from Germany  (Read 7753 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Touchin base from Germany
« on: June 10, 2006, 03:02:29 AM »
Jes hailin out de SW posse....Flex...everybody.

WE REACH!

We leffin to go Dortmund in about 10 minutes.  Will be there in 2 hours.

A whole heap a Trinbagonians in Germany.  Plenty in Frankfurt...bounce up de Strike Squad and 73 teams yesterday jes before de Germany Costa Rica match.  More in Dortmund.

Vibez real nice.....peeps lookin forward to de game.  T&T kits, hats, everyting SELL OUT!  Dey sayin de T&T kits is one a de bigeest sellers out here.  We is everybody adopted team...even de English.

Some worryin news from some a dem tour groups.  Up to late las nite..dey STILL didn't have tickets for de Dortmund game.  In 3 words....daz F%&$ed UP!  Calls went into Uncle Jack to see if he could help.  Plenty people stranded wit regards to tickets includin de Strike Squad and 73 team etc.  Hopin fuh de bess.

Other dan dat....tings nice and we go represent to de bess a we ability!

VIBEZ IT UP EVERYBODY and GOD BLESS!!!!
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Touchin base from Germany
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2006, 03:17:05 AM »
greeting to the forum from Frankfurt as well. me, meh brother FF and another partner touch down yesterday. we bounce up Bally in JFK and travel through to Germany with him.

we driving up to Dortmund in the next hour or so. we take in the Germany game at the fanfest yesterday and was right there when riot police had to separate some German & English fans.

boy we in T&T like to think we are a football country, but dem english fans make we look like amateurs. dem men have dem 3 lions tattoo on dey chest over dey heart and i see more english than german fans yesterday.dem man is real kix and have a chant for everything. dem take over a whole square in de middle of Frankfurt and moving like is England dey in. by far the English are the most vocal and visible. they move real cool with us as they doh see us as a threat. real men wanted to small talk. we bounce up a crew from Southhampton who love Kenwyn. apparently they have a club chant for him as well.

all in all it has been fun so far. god willing we go put down an upset tonight, but whatever happn i know the socawarriors go give a good account of themselves.

later,
grimm01

Offline Jahyouth

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Checking een from Hamburg (the lime in JFK)
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2006, 04:42:49 AM »
People, well the World Cup is here.  I in Hamburg to watch Argentina play the Ivory Coast tonight and then go the next 2 Trinidad games.  I met men like Feliziano and Bally (who I realise I know from since I small) in JFK and we lime for a bit.  Bally was sitting down by a woman who wasn,t smelling too good, AND he lend her his cell phone to call somewhere... men real laugh at him.  Was a cool lime. 

Feliziano was rushing to board the plane like is a maxi and he seat eh book already!  Same time men was just watching the planes board and taking they time to get on board.

Hamburg was like Jouvert morning after that German win yesterday.  If yuh see dem.  all in the road lie down and thing.  Riot police had to come and monitor the scene, but nothing eh happen for them to act on.

I know it was time to leave the celebrations and head to the hotel and sleep was when I see a group ah fellas dress in all black with White Pride White Power write on dey jersey!    I cut out one time!  lol

Later people.  Bless

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
From Fans Camp in Dortmund
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2006, 05:11:45 AM »
Hi folks Socapro here, just shouting you from the Fans Camp in Dortmund, Germany just next door to the stadium.
Got here last night with Jay the Wrecker and his mate Daryl.
We drove over from London, caught the Ferry to France then drove thru Belgam Holland on way to Germany.
Almost got run over by a lorry on the way thanks to Jay the Wrecker at the wheels, thank God we are still alive!
Got pulled over by the German Nazi cops when we got to Germany and Jay was warned to slow down. They were also checking to see if Jaz was on the English banned holligans list!

The facilities at the Fans Camp is crap! We spent 1 hour looking for a parking spot, was given toilet paper for bed linen and had instructions not to talk between 12pm to 8am. Also had to take a ice cold shower this morning as the hot water was not working!

Swedish fans are quite friendly, wishing us good luck and stuff but we are out numbered by the Sweds at least 10-1 right now but more Trinis like Palos and other Warrior Nation members still to arrive as I eh see them zet?

Right now handing out Warrior Nation "United In Nuremberg" flyers to all the Trini fans we see here. Jay, Daryl and mYself working very hard on behalf of the Warrior Nation. Hopefully the others can chuck in when they get here as I have a box of flyers for members to help distribute and will be heading back to London tomorrow.

Just heard that Marvin Andrews is possiblz out of this game due to knee problems. Is this true? We need him for this opening game to start our campaign on our best foot.

Anzway, just spying some Swedish girls I want to meet so will chat with you folks later!

Over and out
Socapro
« Last Edit: June 10, 2006, 05:26:27 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline PantherX

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: From Fans Camp in Dortmund
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2006, 08:00:11 AM »
Got pulled over by the German Nazi cops.......

That real uncalled for breds.

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2006, 09:44:10 AM »
Jes hailin out de SW posse....Flex...everybody.

WE REACH!

We leffin to go Dortmund in about 10 minutes. Will be there in 2 hours.

A whole heap a Trinbagonians in Germany.  Plenty in Frankfurt...bounce up de Strike Squad and 73 teams yesterday jes before de Germany Costa Rica match.  More in Dortmund.

Vibez real nice.....peeps lookin forward to de game.  T&T kits, hats, everyting SELL OUT!  Dey sayin de T&T kits is one a de bigeest sellers out here.  We is everybody adopted team...even de English.

Some worryin news from some a dem tour groups.  Up to late las nite..dey STILL didn't have tickets for de Dortmund game.  In 3 words....daz F%&$ed UP!  Calls went into Uncle Jack to see if he could help.  Plenty people stranded wit regards to tickets includin de Strike Squad and 73 team etc.  Hopin fuh de bess.

Other dan dat....tings nice and we go represent to de bess a we ability!

VIBEZ IT UP EVERYBODY and GOD BLESS!!!!

leffin boy palos... lolol  Ah go pitch dah one into meh ebo-graph...
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline ricky

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2006, 08:05:36 PM »
yeah fellas what a day
ah bounce up JDB first, man give meh he warrior nation shirt of he back since i still eh find meh luggage, thanks brudda
Next is supporter...man have tickets in he name but he still looking worry like he eh go get in.  :D
throu d day we jammin to maxmius at d limericks fete and ah bounce up feliz, palos, jumbie, tongue, licks, TI, t.warrior, Andre Samuel, magicians, tallman, eman, jay d mechanic and a few others
What could i say fellas, day was a dream come true
I eh go comment on d match, i cant do justice like touches, but allyuh saw dem fellas play dey heart out
SHAKA BOY!!!

Offline jr sams

• Hero Warrior
  • Every time....all de time....true to form
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2006, 08:18:20 PM »
yeah fellas what a day
ah bounce up JDB first, man give meh he warrior nation shirt of he back since i still eh find meh luggage, thanks brudda
Next is supporter...man have tickets in he name but he still looking worry like he eh go get in.  :D
throu d day we jammin to maxmius at d limericks fete and ah bounce up feliz, palos, jumbie, tongue, licks, TI, t.warrior, Andre Samuel, magicians, tallman, eman, jay d mechanic and a few others
I eh go comment on d match, i cant do justice like touches, but allyuh saw dem fellas play dey heart out
SHAKA BOY!!!

I eh a 100% but a swear that when they pan out to the crowd ah see Tallman if that was him wearing he red black and white ras hat. Then they focus on a suppoter who was making the sign of the cross but a fancy version with a "pull de string for de big truck horn" motion. I wonder if that was a poster on this forum?
well yes

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2006, 08:48:50 PM »
yeah fellas what a day
SHAKA BOY!!!

I eh a 100% but a swear that when they pan out to the crowd ah see Tallman if that was him wearing he red black and white ras hat. Then they focus on a suppoter who was making the sign of the cross but a fancy version with a "pull de string for de big truck horn" motion. I wonder if that was a poster on this forum?
yes thye show tall man twice..i see him...lol big up de nation and .net crew repping
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
Ah Jealous
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2006, 10:12:38 PM »
Jus to tell all the trinis in Germany who went to the Game
Ah real Jealous

Offline STEUPS!!

• Hero Warrior
  • a.k.a warrior queen
    • View Profile
Re: Ah Jealous
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2006, 10:19:10 PM »
ent again! dem people look like dey ha real fun dread.but when ah see some ah dem sittin down , eh makin no noise in d stand, ah start to cuss.

big up tallman an everybody who in germany.

btw, how d fanfest was?

bless!!!
Doh f**k wit MY warriors!!!

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2006, 11:56:31 PM »
watch nah everybody in the bar in T.O start cheering when we see Tallman

It had a fella who de camera zoomed in on during the national athem...he was wrapped in a trini flag, had his hat and scarf on and singing the national anthem with his hand on his heart

yuh could TELL he was feelin it and he was waiting for dat moment

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 01:17:34 AM »
Was precious to see nuff forumites in de parking lot after de match, very special moment in our footballing history and am very elated to have been a part of it, 3 lions next....
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 01:22:11 AM »
how we eh see alyuh We was dey till 1am wy party like we win de WC. 8 of us in frankfurt ride in my van we was there since 2PM to 1am DAMN we party. Well picture coming soon.
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline naparima

• <Insert Interesting Comment Here>
  • Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 03:26:46 AM »
ent again! dem people look like dey ha real fun dread.but when ah see some ah dem sittin down , eh makin no noise in d stand, ah start to cuss.

big up tallman an everybody who in germany.

btw, how d fanfest was?

bless!!!

http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=16680.0

Frankfurt fan fest details..!
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline naparima

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 03:36:29 AM »
yeah man.. ah post the blog...
http://www.socawarriorssc.com/swonline/smf/index.php?topic=16680.0

Friday we have to get the pic online.. dese blasted German internet cafes!!!
grrr
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 03:52:45 AM »
Palos man whey we meetin up...

so far members ah buss ah lil lime wit are Small Mag, TI, Zane, Jahyute, Big Mag and ah meet FF.

things goin nice... T&T keep it rolling.
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline naparima

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 04:14:33 AM »
Palos man whey we meetin up...

so far members ah buss ah lil lime wit are Small Mag, TI, Zane, Jahyute, Big Mag and ah meet FF.

things goin nice... T&T keep it rolling.

oh yeah... saw u guys outside too!!
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline Jefferz

• "hopelessly faithful"
  • Hero Warrior
  • Warrior Nation Member #44
    • View Profile
    • facebook.com
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2006, 04:16:21 AM »
really!?

nice man... give we a shout in Nuremburg if anyting... I here in de same Cafe down the main stretch down from the stadium in dortmund... yuh saw we mobile home covered in flag?
since ah born or at least circa Copa Caribe

Offline naparima

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Rishi Travelogue
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 04:38:12 AM »
well I saw FF and dem while I was waiting for TI....
dey had they warriors.net juzzie on.. saw patriot while i was talking to TI too...
<Blurb> Insert Text
</Blurb>

Offline jose

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 04:47:04 AM »
men must be had a ball

Offline trini_chris

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 04:49:57 AM »
4 real. if allyuh know how i wish i was there. it look like mad fun. d atmosphere looked sweet!!!
d original WARRIOR PRINCESS. win or lose i am a FIGHTER.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2006, 06:18:32 AM »
wey de asrse allyuh was in Limerick's..i leave dey bout 11 and the only man i see that time was Ricky,Bally and Nygll.Allyuh frankfurt fellas went home early or what?
but it was nice hanging round with some WN fellas earlier in the day
Ricky was right..Supporter was still looking uneasy bout he tickets  ;D

Jahyouth..all ah could say was that meh wife was with meh lol

allyuh let we try and plan a lil better for the 14&15th nah.
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline trinidad badboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2006, 07:57:57 AM »

alluh represent the red balck and white to the fullest  :beermug:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
ah love it!! (forumite lime in germany)
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2006, 09:30:35 AM »
nice to see so may forumites in germany.

myself
patriot
palos
Jdb
tongue
jumbie
bally
weary1969
soutman
ricky
tallman
daryn
hyperhotj
big magician
small magician

sorry if i missed out anyone

ah love it!!

who ent make it here miss out bad!!

this is the best experience ever!

ah love it bad bad bad!!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline trinindian

• Hero Warrior
  • Curried Wild Meat With Plenty Hot Pepper
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2006, 09:33:29 AM »
'A dream come true'
11 June 2006
by FIFAworldcup.com
Ato Boldon, sprinter 

FIFAworldcup.com: What did you think of the game?
Ato Boldon:I watched most of it in my hotel room, but I couldn't see the end because I had to go out. I've only just found out the result! It was a great game and I'm very happy!

Which player do you think played the best today?
My favourite player is, without a doubt, Shaka Hislop, the goalie. He's a good friend of mine and an excellent player. He didn't think he'd be playing in the first game and was a bit annoyed, not surprisingly. But when he was called on today, he stayed cool and played a great match.

What was the high point of the game?
My heart was in my mouth when the ball came off the crossbar, but actually the whole game was pretty nerve-wracking because Sweden are a good side. We had a few narrow escapes, but luckily the ball never ended up in the back of the net. I know how much Trinidad and Tobago fans want to beat England, but I'm very happy with a draw against Sweden. It shows that Trinidad and Tobago are not here simply to make up the numbers. Sweden are one of the group favourites and the fact we took a point off them means that people have got to start taking us seriously.

Have you seen any of the other 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany™ games?
I've seen all three games played so far. Germany's first goal (Philipp Lahm) is the best goal scored up until now. I hope I'll be able to watch the whole tournament. When I was a kid I thought that only big countries could play in the World Cup, so for Trinidad and Tobago today was a dream come true.

Do you think Trinidad and Tobago can make it through to the Round of 16?
I don't know if we'll get past the group stage: I just hope we carry on playing well. Now we're up against England, the game we've all been looking forward to since the draw was made in Leipzig. It's the most important game in our history and I'll definitely be watching. If we play as well as we did today, we might stand a chance.

Offline JDB

• Hero Warrior
  • Red, White and Black till death
    • View Profile
    • We Reach
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2006, 11:58:34 AM »
The experience was indescribably good.

Touch down in Dortmund at 11.30. Bounced up three non forumites on the train and we had a real ice discussion.

They had an outdoor fete outside Limericks from about Lunchtime. All I eat for the day is one sandwich and constant beers. It is impossible to be in Germany and not drink at least 2 Litres of beer a day. At least.

At that lime and before and after the game I probably bounced up 100 people I know, including board members I met for the first time. Some people that I ent see since primary school. I will try to list but I know I will forget people.

Ricky, supporter, Feliziano, Daryn, Bally, Dtrini, TI, palos, Jumbie, Tongue, Andre Samuel, big and small magician,FF, plus, plus plus. Saw SH and tallman in passing.

Bounce up the TD and had a short discussion with hime and was fortunate to get a picture with him.

The atmospher and party before and the game were out of control. Before the Germans and Swedes marvelled at us but didn't get involved, afterwards they went and get a whole set of red gear and jump in the fete. Destra and maximus mash up Dortmund completely.

The fans who were able to travel did a great job. The support was vocal from beggining to end with the warrior chant ( wo wo wo, wo wo wo, wo wo wo wo -  Maximus song) and "warriors" being the chants of the day. "TnT we want a goal" was there too but not as often.

Near the end the neutrals came up with a "TrinidadTobago ooooooo" chant which was nice too.

Going back to the city and heading home every Trini was like a hero. Little kids and Swedish fans on the street waving at yuh and giving yuh the victory sign and everybody want to give yuh a shake hand or high five.

near the end I thought I would have to give out autographs.

Looking forward to England, which will be another unbelievable experience and I am also envious to those who will be here for the Paraguay game when we will probably still be in contention for qualification.

We definitely took over Dortmund and it was nice to know that while we were partying it wasn't because were were "happy losers" or "plucky caribbeans" but we were celebrating because we put the hurt on Sweden.

THE WARRIORS WILL NOT BE DENIED.

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2006, 01:04:13 PM »
Yeh jdb enjoy yuhself breds.

Hold it dong !  ;)
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Platt

• New Warrior
  • I and I love Soca.
    • View Profile
Re: From Fans Camp in Dortmund
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2006, 01:37:42 PM »

Got pulled over by the German Nazi cops when we got to Germany and Jay was warned to slow down. They were also checking to see if Jaz was on the English banned holligans list!

We got no more Nazi Cops over here, trust me.;) But sometimes they are extremely thorough and precise.  :D
Hopefully we will see you Trinis next year over here in Germany. Do your best!

It will be a big party...

Offline Platt

• New Warrior
  • I and I love Soca.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2006, 01:43:41 PM »

They had an outdoor fete outside Limericks from about Lunchtime. All I eat for the day is one sandwich and constant beers. It is impossible to be in Germany and not drink at least 2 Litres of beer a day. At least..
Two litres of beer really isn't much for a real German.;) You are allowed to drink beer in Germany at the age of 16.  ;D
Hopefully we will see you Trinis next year over here in Germany. Do your best!

It will be a big party...

1]; } ?>