April 27, 2024, 09:35:31 PM

Author Topic: Is it just me or was Birchall invisible?  (Read 10682 times)

Offline guerrier rouge

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Is it just me or was Birchall invisible?
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2006, 04:34:48 PM »
the man Birchall did his job but he did,t have support up fon the front and flank like carlos was doing the last time . :beermug:

Offline Rani5

• Soca Warriors!: Going for Gold
  • New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2006, 06:44:51 PM »
Birchally seemed a bit star struck! in the first half.. but he worked his but off in the 2nd half! and he looked for openings to score.. but he didnt find any.. 
The intro. of rooney threw off the defenders... lawrence got more concerned with rooney and it seems like he left crouch to sancho ( who in my opinion climbed on sancho to score that goal.. which is a foul.. but anyway!)

We try rell hard.. and england play hard too.. no one deserve to lose.. 0-0..  I feel rell bad for shaka.. with that goal from gerrard.. and yorke work soooo hard!!!!! ( gosh did u see his face!!)

It was awful refereeing... simply awful.. balls went outside.. terry and gerrard fouled our players.. and im my opinion.. our goal wasnt offside..  It wasnt meant to be..  but we still have a chance.. hopefully Birchy & co.. will shine against Paraguay.. its okay.. that we're sad or angry.. but i think we should all, also be PROUD..

Three cheers for Our beautiful warriors!  ;D :beermug:
*Necessity is the Mother of Invention*

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2006, 07:13:04 PM »
birchall is a fighter and he giving 110%    he working hard to win the ball (which is a positive) but maybe if he don't give it away so quick he would need to work less. Theobald the same thing them 2 need to watch Yorke a lil more and keep the ball

Offline Organic

• Bamboo # 5
  • Hero Warrior
  • Politics- 90% Personality 10% Principle
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2006, 07:16:06 PM »
yes is just u. Me mum playes ah holding midfiled role today. he made several important tackles, he fight, scrap and scrape and had a very good game. i dont knwo watch match u ppl was looking. and as someone said earlier made made ah very good pass earlier. thanks to him n yorke lampard and gerrad ddint have much free time in midfield especially in our thrid. ME MUM PLAYED WELL
Perhaps the epitome of a Trinidadian is the child in the third row class with a dark skin and crinkly plaits who looks at you out of decidedly Chinese eyes and announces herself as Jacqueline Maharaj.- Merle Hodge

Offline Socafan

• Hero Warrior
  • Sweet sweet T&T.Oh how ah luvup mi Country
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2006, 07:38:33 PM »
As far as I'm concerned, Birchall's last decent game was the first leg against Bahrain. I personally feel him and Theobald in the same position..just a little bit out of debth. His major liability is he cannot play a possession game. Poor first touch and tendency to bad pass on short passes. Defensively he is OK because he can hustle and put his body in front of the ball, but that's it. And yes he was invisible. Been like that long time.
Two islands are better than one.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2006, 08:31:22 PM »
Allyuh "Me mum"  did his job.  Everybody don't have to score, take shots or make pretty passes.  He was effective because he was pressuring in the midfield and causing the English mids to give up the ball.  That is his job and he did it well.  I was hoping he would try a few sceamers like Gerrard did.  He had two chances but held on too long and lost it.  But we still have Paraquay on Tuesday>  Let's stay positive and England and Peter Crouch owe us so they better beat Sweden by two for us.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Bianconeri

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2006, 11:28:02 PM »
of cours ei woulda like to see him do some spectacular s***
but he work hard...do teh dirty work..closin down a lot...he eh see much of the ball though
he do good defensive work

Offline paddy

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2006, 11:57:40 PM »
although you might not see so much of birchall thats because he is scraping and breaking down the opposition in midfield -- he did a great job. If it wasnt for Crouch the Cheat we would have a result in the bag

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2006, 03:14:29 AM »
i watched the game and im english but im also a fan of birchall and the soca warriors  when that goal went in and it was offside i went mental ,,  as for saying birchalls last decent gamewas against bahrain are you watching the same birchall as everyone else was,,  birchall worked dam hard last night keeping lampard and gerrard at bay ok gerrard scored wasnt birchalls fault

Them soca warriors on that pitch each and every one of them did you proud WIN LOSE OR DRAW

england fans were sying they were going thrash you 5,6,7,8,9 or maybe 10-0 and we only lost by 2-0 that is a great achivement we were 7 minutes from a draw and im am dam well proud of the soca warriors and im english

Stop slating your own players and get behind them 110%  cause thats what they need not the slatation.
THERES ONLY ONE CHRIS BIRCHALL

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2006, 03:30:13 AM »
Thats what I thought too, but there wasn't any foul. Crouch is about 6 feet taller than Brent, he only had to use one hand (more like a little finger to get the better of him on that play)

when I look at the replay of that goal I see Crouch grabbing Brent's hair and twisting de man head around while he jumps for the header AND climbed UP on Brent................dat is what i see

I was referring to the idea that the foul was for backclimbing...

To be honest I only noticed the hair pulling issue after, and I agree with you...he did unbalance him by pulling his hair and turning him around, and yes it was scandalous. I somehow doubt that that is something any of the referees would have seen though. Sancho should have at least complained about it, make a sign, anything.

Whatever. Crouch/England will get whats coming to them. Lets just hope that its not against Sweden...
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Midknight

• Midknight
  • Hero Warrior
  • President of the Reality Check Commitee
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2006, 03:31:19 AM »
i watched the game and im english but im also a fan of birchall and the soca warriors  when that goal went in and it was offside i went mental ,,  as for saying birchalls last decent gamewas against bahrain are you watching the same birchall as everyone else was,,  birchall worked dam hard last night keeping lampard and gerrard at bay ok gerrard scored wasnt birchalls fault

Them soca warriors on that pitch each and every one of them did you proud WIN LOSE OR DRAW

england fans were sying they were going thrash you 5,6,7,8,9 or maybe 10-0 and we only lost by 2-0 that is a great achivement we were 7 minutes from a draw and im am dam well proud of the soca warriors and im english

Stop slating your own players and get behind them 110%  cause thats what they need not the slatation.

for real....
Go Black if you want Jack to Track Back! I support all Soca Warriors - Red, White and Blacklisted.

D baddest SW compilation ever

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2006, 03:36:02 AM »
u being sarcastic midknight

Offline Pompey

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2006, 03:42:05 AM »
Thats what I thought too, but there wasn't any foul. Crouch is about 6 feet taller than Brent, he only had to use one hand (more like a little finger to get the better of him on that play)

when I look at the replay of that goal I see Crouch grabbing Brent's hair and twisting de man head around while he jumps for the header AND climbed UP on Brent................dat is what i see

I was referring to the idea that the foul was for backclimbing...

To be honest I only noticed the hair pulling issue after, and I agree with you...he did unbalance him by pulling his hair and turning him around, and yes it was scandalous. I somehow doubt that that is something any of the referees would have seen though. Sancho should have at least complained about it, make a sign, anything.

Whatever. Crouch/England will get whats coming to them. Lets just hope that its not against Sweden...

I didn't see that, but I'll take a closer look at the replays.

In fairness, the ref also missed the fact that Lampard didn't touch Sancho when Lampard got booked for fouling him.

Offline berris

• Hero Warrior
  • TnT ALL TIME GREATEST GOAL SCORER chase dem Jesse
    • View Profile
    • http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/graphics/gallery/football/facup2006/fourthround/upixcup9.jpg
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2006, 10:32:26 AM »
is just you...de man play good.
IN GOD WE TRUST
IN MAN WE BUST
AND WOMAN...WORST !!!

CHASE DEM JESSIE

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2006, 10:39:29 AM »
100 U.S bet right now(with wifee permission ;D ;D ;D ) Birchall aint playing against Paraguay....
Invisible is no de wurd bredda,, Dm nuh have no wurd innah de dictionary to explain de wey birchall have played against Sweeden and England.
war..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 16, 2006, 11:27:18 AM »
warmonga why shouldnt birchall play against paraguay he is one of your best players and he will be needed on tuesday  grow up the man played excellant as weel as the other soca warriors did

im as proud as punch of them

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 16, 2006, 11:31:25 AM »
i cant even believe this thread! anybody who knows football know birchall played very well in both sweden and england games..he was always close to an opponent and pressure in midfield..yes he didnt do much attacking but neither did the team. i actually think birchall was a great player for we in helping stifle the midfield..and he will almost definitely play on tuesday

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 16, 2006, 11:37:27 AM »
warmonga why shouldnt birchall play against paraguay he is one of your best players and he will be needed on tuesday  grow up the man played excellant as weel as the other soca warriors did

im as proud as punch of them
Trus mi Birchall is Mi bwoy.. (Mi 2nd son looks exactly like Birchal) so Mi Like this yute but I want fans to check how many time he touch de ball against sweeden and England.. I check 13 times>>>>>> I could be wrong because during game time mi high or drunk but I checked 13 times total in both games..yu cya be no midfield player and touch ball 13 times in one game emagine 2 games?.. If Beenie is top coach he will remove Birchall from de starting Line up come Paraguay game.. Birchal play wid all he have but this world cup I am starting to think who did he wish he was playing for England or Trinidad? dont get warmonga wrong.. Mi love this yute but this world cup he showed nothing speecial so far.....

warmonga..
Black Lives Matter..

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 16, 2006, 11:41:32 AM »
 :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

dont make us laugh   birchall will start on tuesday beenhakker cant afford to leave him out they have built a great team the last two matches and i wouldnt change a thing

ur no soca warrior  sorry to say   look at all the other replys they are all behind birchall and co 110%   LIKE YOU SHOULD IF YOURE A TRUE FAN

Offline Rani5

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 16, 2006, 01:16:14 PM »
Birchallsgirl who are smthg yes!  Im a girl too.. and yea.. Birchall not awful lookin.. so yes i can understand the attraction but jeez.. ppl just givin their honest opinions.. dont tell ppl to grow up and dont tell ppl who are true soca warrior fans.. we support the team as a unit.. the socawarriors are the whole squad.. not just christopher birchall..  and c'mon girlie.. he wasnt excellent he was out of touch.. but EVERYONE has bad days.. nobody bringin him down and everyone recognizes his valuable contribution.. but if he out of touch ..he shouldnt be on.. but thats beenhakker decision..

Stop jumpin down ppl's throat missy, we have the right to freedom of speech.. dont be blinded by love  ;D let ppl express their opinion, warmonga and them  are true fans, true fans make constructive criticism and dont support someone just becuz they are goodlooking..
But who can blame ya?! Footballers are nice to look at  ;D

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 16, 2006, 01:23:44 PM »
im not birchalls girfriend im just sticking up for the lad   i never said birchall was the only player read my posts better please 

Offline Rani5

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 16, 2006, 01:27:24 PM »
I never said u were his girlfriend.. read my post better please!  :-[..  and i didnt say that you said birch. is the whole team... but there is more to the team than birchall.. but its ok.. i totally understand your position and dont worry.. we are all supporting the warriors 110% .. ;)

Offline Birchalls_no1fan

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 16, 2006, 01:32:56 PM »
good cause you all need to be and not slating the team come on warriors

Offline shivadee

• Full Warrior
  • There is only ONE number 7. And its worn in Trini
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 16, 2006, 01:36:39 PM »
When yuh see he drop ONE HALF VOLLEY in Paraguay tail men go shutup fast fast.

Offline Tongue

• Hero Warrior
  • Blue is the Colour.....Chelsea Chelsea Chelsea
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 16, 2006, 02:52:25 PM »
yeah is only you.

Offline Trini Babe

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 16, 2006, 03:47:55 PM »
Is just you lol. Chris played well. All of the Soca Warriors did. Chris played great........against his own home
team Chris played all out for us. He fought and tried to score for us.
I know he's white and all lol but seriously he showed true team spirit there. 
You couldn't have been watching the same game if you didn't see him fighting in true Warrior spirit against his own heroes I might add.

Chris we want you to score GOAL against paraguay babe.
Score one for tyhe Soca Warriors.     
The Impossible becomes the possible.
If you can dream it you can live it!

Offline freakazoid

• best offensive unit= BARCELONA, best defensive= CHELSEA
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 16, 2006, 04:01:17 PM »
Is just you lol. Chris played well. All of the Soca Warriors did. Chris played great........against his own home
team Chris played all out for us. He fought and tried to score for us.
I know he's white and all lol but seriously he showed true team spirit there. 
You couldn't have been watching the same game if you didn't see him fighting in true Warrior spirit against his own heroes I might add.

Chris we want you to score GOAL against paraguay babe.
Score one for tyhe Soca Warriors.     

trini babe what r u trying to imply by that statement...dont u know this  is a multi racial country? buh  a a
seek ye 1st the kingdom of God & his righteousness and all these things shall be added unto you

Offline Trini Babe

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 16, 2006, 05:27:50 PM »
Just adding a lil humour........didn't you see the lol..... laughing out loud. Yea I know we are a multi cultural society and real happy about that.
The Impossible becomes the possible.
If you can dream it you can live it!

Offline Foreigner

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 16, 2006, 06:37:35 PM »
Nah he not invisible...He just WHITE.  You color blind or what? ;D ;D :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline rainman_tt

• Trinity, Man U, and The Soca Warriors Forever
  • New Warrior
  • Just like the Soca Warriors rose, so will Trinity
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 17, 2006, 07:00:18 AM »
Birchie had a role to play, and I thought he executed well.  He is a ball winner and that he did.  I can't see your invisible comment as a fair analysis. ???
Dhanesh Kumar - Global Talk Calling Centre and Cyber Cafe, 25BNorfolk St. Belmont

1]; } ?>