April 28, 2024, 04:25:39 PM

Poll

Would Latapy have made a difference in the game?

Yes
19 (95%)
Yes
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Voting closed: June 18, 2006, 05:56:23 PM

Author Topic: Latapy  (Read 6376 times)

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Latapy
« on: June 15, 2006, 05:56:23 PM »
Let me hear your ideas.
Soca Warriors!  All the rest are joker warriors!

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 06:06:28 PM »
No he would not have not. You guys need to give Latapy a rest and realize he is and old old man. I gurantee you that he York did not beg for him he would not have gone to the World Cup. Don't get upset it's just the facts.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 06:09:14 PM »
No he would not have not. You guys need to give Latapy a rest and realize he is and old old man. I gurantee you that he York did not beg for him he would not have gone to the World Cup. Don't get upset it's just the facts.

yuh talkin  shyte

remember de guatemala game

ohhh i forget you started supporting last 2 weeks
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 06:12:29 PM »
Actually, I have been on this site for 5 yrs. Check my history. Let's just face the facts. Yes, we love Latapy becasue he have contributed a lot to trinidad football, but it's time we mve on. It's seems that for the next world cup we would be counting on lataty, How about the next World cup after that in 2014. Let's count on Latapy. Even better, why don't we bring back Leroy Spann, Kerry Jamison and Huston charles. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 06:16:31 PM »
Actually, I have been on this site for 5 yrs. Check my history. Let's just face the facts. Yes, we love Latapy becasue he have contributed a lot to trinidad football, but it's time we mve on. It's seems that for the next world cup we would be counting on lataty, How about the next World cup after that in 2014. Let's count on Latapy. Even better, why don't we bring back Leroy Spann, Kerry Jamison and Huston charles. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Latapy as a playmaker/striker would have changed the game, coupled with Collin Samuel instead of Wise we would have been good.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 06:24:07 PM »
Oi : doh dwell in de past.

Onwards to Paraguay an Latas startting
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline tizzy1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Soca Warriors, you did very well, but where was Latapy?
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2006, 06:24:13 PM »
The Soca Warriors put on a execellent performance but when the last ten minutes came they needed Latapy to hold the ball in the midfield to distribute the ball and move it foreward.This was the time to slow down the attack from England by holding the middle ground.This would have allowed Dwight to control the rear more. Many times in the second half Dwight had to take the ball towards the goal and this left the Back deleted of control and management.

I think that Latapy woiuld have been a far better choice over Wise. Besides, this was the more crucial match and Latapy is a strategist equal to Beckham.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Soca Warriors, you did very well, but where was Latapy?
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2006, 06:25:00 PM »
Arks Beenie why Latapy gone.

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2006, 06:30:15 PM »
I am a Latapy fan too.But we have to face the facts he wear out and I dont think the situation of the games warrants his entrance.He will bun up and become a liability.The pace of the game is too much for him.He is for in cvase we leading and we need to slow down the game.

Offline 1989

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 06:31:10 PM »
I am a Latapy fan too.But we have to face the facts he wear out and I dont think the situation of the games warrants his entrance.He will bun up and become a liability.The pace of the game is too much for him.He is for in cvase we leading and we need to slow down the game.

The man would only have 10 minutes to play.  He could never burn out in that time.

Offline Trinimac

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 06:38:00 PM »
Latapy days is over. We should have leave him home and take a younger player instead. Are there any promising young players in T&T at the moment?

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 06:44:32 PM »

yuh talkin  shyte

remember de guatemala game

ohhh i forget you started supporting last 2 weeks

Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 06:48:24 PM »
Like allyuh don´t understand Latapy days done.The situations in the games so far are too fast for him.Is a good thing we dont have local coach cause he would a do what the people want and not whats best for the team.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 06:50:54 PM »
If he days done why he on de 4qing team?  Answer dat nah?  How he score dat goal vs Guatemala...in he dreams?  How he does play so much for Falkirk if he done.  He eh done till dis WC over sah and we need to play him...especially at crunch time.

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 06:52:25 PM »
Like allyuh don´t understand Latapy days done.The situations in the games so far are too fast for him.Is a good thing we dont have local coach cause he would a do what the people want and not whats best for the team.I listening to Jerren Nixon talk on tv he asking for Latapy too,and he call himself coach and could barely give a report on a game and analyse it.The local players and coaches lacking education and training.Listen to the American players past and present can analyse a game very good and players.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 06:55:54 PM »
exactly why is he in germany if he is not able to play?

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
Re: Latapy - I never see some duncey head posters like allyuh
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 06:56:24 PM »
well yes trini is they own biggest enemy  it have no one with the man footballing brain and you could never deny what he could bring to a team what he doesnt do defensively he can produce offensively .....yes he old  tired beating that f**king dead horse but he aint dead allyuh think the  main in training for five weeks after coming off aseason in scotland and allyuh feel he go bun after 10 mins  look if allyuh have nothing smart to say  just shut the hell up nah....what the hell wrong with allyuh the man is the best baller tt ever produce and you telling me he cyah make no impact when men like theobald playing two games in the worldcup?

Offline Gazza

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 07:28:54 PM »
He not even the best TT produce check yuh facts .He tired ,he tired.I agree with de coach.If we leading and we need to slow the game and keep the ball I will bring him on.We here in Tand T don´t think football and that is why we take so long to qualify and with a local coach we will never.

Offline Latent

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 07:32:01 PM »
These are just my thoughts.

I think Beenhakker saving Latapy for the Paraguay game. You see since we were playing defensive in the first two games, perhaps there was no need to use him since the plan was to counterattack. Latapy is a playmaker in the midfield so he is needed to make the runs c\and create potential attacking opportunities for our forwards and strikers.

Thus, since we in a must win situation against Paraguay to have any chance of making it to the second round, he may make an appearance in this match at some point since we need to attack and score goals at least two or three depending on the outcome of the Sweden v England game.

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 07:36:17 PM »
WHO knows we could debate this for years to come. Personally I think in the later stages he would have helped the attack from the mid field by feeding CORNELL and Stern, with Dwight in a defensive role

ALL IN ALL THEY DID A DAMN GOOD JOB

Offline SUPA

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 08:23:26 PM »

Fellah dat is big F/.'[0,G disrespect tuh de general, wey de F[='/?K all yuh does come from. He wasn't old ah few months ago, when he help turn de team around and qualify, but he old now.  ???
RIP Micahel Jackson.

Money doh change we, we are de money changer. But fool if yuh dis, it will surely be danger. Large up de Enterprise and Alliance every time. KROSS KROSS.

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 08:32:08 PM »

Fellah dat is big F/.'[0,G disrespect tuh de general, wey de F[='/?K all yuh does come from. He wasn't old ah few months ago, when he help turn de team around and qualify, but he old now. ???

yuh know... beenie would bring him in when he sees fit... i dont think he'll let latas sit on the bench whole WC even if it dirupt his plans a lil... or maybe he already have a plan for using latas... the man might be old but he sure have alot more attacking skill than anyone else on the team... i dont think he would have been too useful in this game especially with the midfield force england possessed... latas might have been overwhelmed b4 he could make use of the ball... however with a team like paraguay which does not use midfield possession as well and rely more on the long ball latas might have a good amt of room to play... he'll probably be in next match.

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 09:38:54 PM »
every single Trini I talk to today ask me why Latapy didnt' play, as if I go know

I know the game done...but to everybody who say Latas wouldn't have made a difference...hush allyuh mouth cause allyuh apparently don't know Latas or football

he is our individual piece of brilliance that can turn the game our way, and i personally am vex he didn't play

If he does not play in the Paraguay game then it is an insult to him and to us, and I rather he didn't get picked on the squad at all, than not having him play in WC

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 10:40:54 PM »
In de 10 mins after the first goal I think Latapy would have made a difference, but this is what it is and de next game go be real fun to watch yes :angel:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 10:51:22 PM »
Question:
 anyone considered  that Latapy maybe injured or he facing ah disciplined issue or the coach saving the man for the game that now matters the most Paraguay?

Offline Grande

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2006, 10:56:45 PM »
Question:
 anyone considered  that Latapy maybe injured or he facing ah disciplined issue or the coach saving the man for the game that now matters the most Paraguay?

I considered the first two but you would think that we would know if Latas was having any problems, obviously it is something we should know

T&T welcomes back...the King

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2006, 11:00:41 PM »
Saving de man for Paraguay?  For phu*uing what?  De ting done ahready.

All Sweden and Hengland have to do is leave de ball at half line, doh touch it, England get a point, dey win de group, Sweden get a point, dey IN de 2nd rong, Sven Erickson is a Swede, nothing to lose, win win situation, nobody injured or red carded, tork done!

Saving Latas for the irrelevant game is tanctamont to criminal behavior!  He should be locked up for not playing the man!

Question:

Offline Patterson

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2006, 11:10:09 PM »
i notice the poll is not YES or NO but YES or YES......... ;D

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2006, 11:18:34 PM »
Ha Ha, dey change it!  ;D

i notice the poll is not YES or NO but YES or YES......... ;D

Offline lizzard1910

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2006, 11:55:41 PM »
First: No match can be too fast for a brilliant player, if he only plays 10 - 15minutes!

Second: Against St.Pauli, all you said it was a B-team of T&T. Latapy played and was by far the best player besides Sancho...So for sure good enough for the last 15 minutes of any game.
No it may be too late indeed  :(

1]; } ?>