April 19, 2024, 05:12:40 PM

Author Topic: Football Academy in T&T  (Read 7665 times)

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
  • Numero Diez por siempre
    • View Profile
Football Academy in T&T
« on: June 08, 2005, 12:19:49 PM »
What will it take for TTFA to start a football academy in Trinidad and also Tobago to start the youths off from early.  This will not only raise the level in T&T, but also give the youths some guidance and discipline.  What do we need to do to get this started......anybody?????

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: Football Academy in T&T
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2005, 12:23:44 PM »
This was preached many times bro, is like beating a dead man.

We have a under 13, under 15, under 18 and under 20 teams allready, Lincoln told me he just waiting on the goverment to help out with some dollars.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2005, 12:34:51 PM »
Read this post (TTFF loses $0.6 million in panama game ) and see why Business, government and other benefactors fraid to give any money. i.e. Dollars and sense

As Sam say best we organize all we games (includes training)  in Foreign. We might come out losing less.

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 02:00:59 PM »
true no way as a businessman in tt i givign ollie camps or the rest of that TTFF clown posse  any of my money.

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »
The solution....private company start Football Academy.....Ajax Trinidad FC

Offline BigToe

• Hero Warrior
  • Laaaaard, ah cyan take it no more
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 04:47:45 PM »
Yet, the omnipotent Manning wants to spend 850 mil on a stadium that's not needed. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

If you look at the successful football nations....it all starts from young.

Note to Manning: Just take 300 mil for yourself, that's what you indirectly plan to do anyway. Take another 100 mil and invest in our youth. The remaining 450...give me.

Offline ironman

• Full Warrior
  • dont joke with u life
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 10:45:55 PM »
Big Toe you know that is a unwanted stadium dey building bredda?"Trinidadians dont know what dey want" by Maestro,nice tune!
tell them it was me

Offline dutchman

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2005, 03:50:53 AM »
Sanchez,

I'm afraid Ajax wouldn't be interested.

ok now we have a direct flight ( A'dam - Tobago) and Trinidad always has Jack Warner but.

Ajax already has some arrangements with clubs in South Africa.
and futball is bigger over there with more possible players to hire.

Still a good Idea though.

At least Trini's can always get easier papers for England...I think ?  Student visa's or so.
And the English compitition is becoming or already is  the worlds best .. so you have that.

But still how do you get the young players on a higher level ? With good fields besides at schools you need lot's of small concrete fields in the cities ( I live 300 meters away from a square where a certain kid called Edgar Davids used to play every single day throughout his youth. There are other kids that never became prof's but are still technically better then Edgar on the concrete square's here in A'dam. They are (only) stars in Nike commerials and video games. Strange now they are always from A'dam.
Even Ronaldino had his eyes popping out with the tricks they showed.

That is what you need small goals, small concrete field and play games of  2 agains 2. Making the goals is as sweet as playing it through the oppent leg's called ''PANNA". And on conctete you work quickly on the technical skills since falling is painfull.
ciao,
T

Rumor has it that every other thing you read or hear is just a rumor.

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2005, 08:23:58 AM »
T,

I agree with you up to a point.  I am not sure if you are Trinidadian or not, but neary every patch of grass, road, or open space are used in what we call "small-goal".  However, although "small-goal" develops a youth's individual skills (and believe me, we have a lot of "small goal" champions), most of the time, without the proper training, those same "small-goal" skills don't transcend into big-goal teamwork, hence we have 11 players who all have individual skills but cannot string 10 passes together.  A football academy will take those "small-goal" skills and harness it from individuality into teamwork.  I just used Ajax as a case-in-point because they are recognized globally as the premier academy.  Obviously, Trinidad will have to start on a smaller scale, but in time, the under 12 will turn into under 14, then under 16, then under 18, then under 21, then under 23, then olympic team, then national team.   You see my point.  This is exactly how France won WC1998.  Not only that, an academy will give the national team a wealth of players to choose from locally, who has been playing together for 10 to 15 years.  Anyway, that said, good luck with The Netherlands team, they are doing pretty good so far, they have a knack of falling down in International Competition though, maybe it's because of all the concrete fields, just kidding.....good luck.

Sanchez

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2005, 11:28:43 AM »
There is no need for a football academy in t&t because there are just too many people for one body of people to teach. What is the best option for the improvement of players is to have a competent director and consistent develoment programme for the coaches under the ttff or whatever association it is where they always will be taught and  have the different clubs to teach out of the communities. It's a total collaborated effort by all coaches and clubs under the TTFF umbrella . From what I have been reading it seems this is taking place . There seems to be constant up grading and clubs from the leagues all are required to have a junior development programme in the budget. The fifa centre of excellence is already there, the infrastructure is already there and the programmes are in place. If everything goes right in 6 to 12 years we will be having a fairly sound base of players with good technique that can be passed on to the national team. There is a lot of positive things taking place in the football island its jus a matter of time, we got to be patient . We have always been blessed with talent so hopefully we will get the chance to see this talent really manifest with better trained players. So hold tight people we on course it's jus if people like Jack Warner will be around to pump money into the sport for travelling to games to cover every bit of expense that will be incurred by our teams. And this is the biggest hurdle when we want to have a match fit team.Without money we will go no where cause that is your means of getting the necessities. We could have the best programmes in place but money is what will take you the extra mile after everything else is put in place. Cause who will pay for the flight, hotel, food, water, coach, physiotherapist, pchyscologist. The professional league will bring a lot of extra help to the system. No need to spend all that unnecessary money on an academy. They could let the clubs take care of this and justy make sure to educate the coaches.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline Sanchez

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2005, 12:43:07 PM »
Fella,

Whether it is TTFA in charge of the Academy or the clubs themselves, the youths need to get professional training from the time they could walk.  I referenced Ajax (which is a club side) not governed by the Holland Football Association.  If T&T Professsional League create a league of under 12, under 14, under 18 and so forth, then the youths will have something to play for, if you don't have competition then it will be for fun. 

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2005, 03:57:15 PM »
We tihnking on the same page Sanchez is just I thought I will elaborate ah little on the subject.But that go be the rightest move ah feel for the football.
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline truthseeker

• Sr. Warrior
  • Goal in yuh rucc**tunse
    • View Profile
A National Football Training Academy for Players and Coaches
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2010, 12:06:32 PM »
This is from BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/sport2/hi/football/football_focus/8476119.stm

Many different things have been proposed over the years but I remain certain that the missing ingredient for TnT football is the lack of organizational planning> A national centre along the lines of the Spanish FA's City of Futbol, France's Clairefontaine and the Italian Coverciano would do wonders for the quality of play and instruction in Trinindad. A fellow Trini and myself will be in Spain in March studying the methods of the SFA and i know that i remain committed to helping TnT develop but only if the environment is professional organised and conducted.  The possibilities are endless but it will take all manners of resources and ideas.

jah Bless...

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A National Football Training Academy for Players and Coaches
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 02:22:24 PM »
This is from BBC:

Many different things have been proposed over the years but I remain certain that the missing ingredient for TnT football is the lack of organizational planning> A national centre along the lines of the Spanish FA's City of Futbol, France's Clairefontaine and the Italian Coverciano would do wonders for the quality of play and instruction in Trinindad. A fellow Trini and myself will be in Spain in March studying the methods of the SFA and i know that i remain committed to helping TnT develop but only if the environment is professional organised and conducted.  The possibilities are endless but it will take all manners of resources and ideas.
jah Bless...
that alone should wake yuh up, yuh must know yuh dreaming  :devil:

Offline WestCoast

• The obvious is that which is never seen until someone expresses it simply
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Let We Do What We Normally Does" :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 02:29:37 PM »
This is from BBC:

jah Bless...
that alone should wake yuh up, yuh must know yuh dreaming  :devil:
ALL ya have to do is show Jack how you could make he money and ya good to go ;)
Whatever you do, do it to the purpose; do it thoroughly, not superficially. Go to the bottom of things. Any thing half done, or half known, is in my mind, neither done nor known at all. Nay, worse, for it often misleads.
Lord Chesterfield
(1694 - 1773)

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 03:08:09 PM »
I have to say that it's always interesting when people say they are willing to do things only if the environment is organised and professional in TT. As it stands that isn't the case and the more people wait for this "euphoric scenario" to create itself out of thin air the more we will remain in the dark ages rest assured of that. It is the professionalism and new ideas that people bring to an environment that influences it in the right direction.  The challenge to you is to effect that change in an environment such as this who is to say your approach won't be the one that sets the precedent for how things should be ... it has to start somewhere . If people wait for the TTFF to become "professional" via divine intervention before bringing what they have to the table it'' simply be a case of coulda woulda shoulda!

Offline mwanasoka

• Hero Warrior
  • Football is played from de neck up.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 04:12:35 PM »
This is from BBC:

jah Bless...

This is a good idea.Absorb all that you can.

Some countries spend so much just to be world famous as underachievers.

We'll have to spend money we eh have.Good Luck tho.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will know peace.

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 06:46:28 PM by jahkingdom »
Hard work is the key to success

Offline jahkingdom

• Strictly The Best
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2010, 06:54:34 PM »
this one will be in montego bay the other two will be in kingston

http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20070626/sports/sports3.html

the realmadrid football academy will be at the top left on corner of the rose hall masterplan

http://www.rosehall.com/pdf/RH_MasterPlan.pdf
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 06:58:38 PM by jahkingdom »
Hard work is the key to success

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2010, 02:47:51 PM »
Vote for kamla and Jack once they in charge of the oil money they will build it.

Manning and them like cricket more than football.

trust me on that one!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2010, 04:41:30 PM »
KND2,
         I ain't understand that. We know Patrick does hold back money on football because of Jack.

Offline Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Football Academy
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2011, 09:07:16 AM »
I am sure this idea has been discussed of and on over the last few years, but I see no better time to at least commission a feasibility study to explore the possibilities of a football academy....

The TTFF could take a page out the TTCB books and design something conceptually similar. If you really serious, there are lots of smart young people in T&T who have formal training both a home and foreign to assess sporting management like this. Ajax and Barcelona do it from about age 9-10, the US even has their Adidas Generation/Project 40 deal where the vast majority of their national players come from, I am sure Mexico has some elite thing, its not rocket science - everybody knows ACADEMY = BETTER PERFORMANCE, the main thing is the WILL to to do it and the feasibility/profitability of it.

I am impressed with the T&T cricket team how new young players can just cycle into the national team and look totally at ease and contribute from the get go. They have a very good thing going down at the Academy Center in Couva and T&T has been enjoying unprecedented success in youth and senior and female cricket over the last decade.

This obviously will have to be supported by the Govt to an extent though, at least to start :-(

I wonder if some rich business men could invest in this for 10 year olds, develop them both football and educationally and hold the rights to them for future professional contracts and transfers... Obviously the majority of these kids will not become superstars, but it will help in many other areas as well.

We (TTFF) should at least explore the possibilities...

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Re: Football Academy
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2011, 09:21:40 AM »
All these great ideas will not be attempted with the current self serving lot at the TTFF in charge!

I keep telling you guys that the number one priority right now is a complete overhaul of the TTFF and then we can start addressing all these areas to start developing our football so we can reverse our downward spiral and start catching up with our traditional competitors in the region who have now left us far behind like CR, USA and Mexico!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 09:23:55 AM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline Jamesgk1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
TnT Football
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2011, 09:34:23 AM »
I kinda agree with the Academy point but another way is each region has an Academy which throughout the year play against the other regions,  the Academy students get Academic qualification i.e schooling in the afternoon and train in the mornings, maybe affiliated to UWI or UTT. This would then bring a scouting pool from the whole country ; Tobago,South,North,East ,West ect. So when national team selection for tournaments comes around you can pick from the age groups at these Academies, add the pro league players and any foreign based to make up the national team.

What is done away is these Academies run from maybe 6-19 , the younger ones train on weekends only where as the 17-19 year old are full time and given a YTS (Youth training scheme) allowance or stipend to cover expenses, travel ect, basically so they cam live and there parents are not out of pocket.

Also with so many Academies more players will be trained at a level competitive enough to step up the ladder into national teams and professional contracts.

There is an easy way this could be implemented there are many soccer Academies in Trinidad now, La Focade, Dunstan Williams Academy, SKHY,W Connection,Highlanders Academy and many more let these regional Academies take over this role with funding from the TTFF or Government and this doesn't have to stop at football these Academies if they have the facilities could also become Sports clubs adding cricket , basketball ect ect. Alternatively the TTFF could open 5 regional Academies and hire there own staff, still the same principle.

Lastly these academies need to have a curriculum and trained staff to deliver the sessions and classes and be help in a professional environment. The main problem will be this will take at least 5years to get the full rewards from the youngsters.

Just a few thoughts.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2011, 09:49:32 AM »
It seems to me that everyone here is missing the key factor that is hampering youth development..... Intercol.

ProLeague clubs can't have the best players until the schools have finished with them. If the professional clubs had them all year round then TTFF could select for schoolboy internationals. Also, the schoolboys come to professional football with big star attitudes. Once they realise that their technique and fitness is way below par, they lose interest. They are led to believe by the schools that they will be stars, but their attitude and ethos is not good. Their only saviour is a scholarship to USA where they are knocked into shape, but they are lost to T&T development.

Everything in football is upside down. The schools have priority over the ProLeague. I have never seen that in other countries. My son signed for Gillingham at age 5. His school came second in line and his sunday team was third in line.

And now look how Pro League games are cancelled so the U23's have time to prepare. As much as I support  good preperation, the league must come first. They are paying the wages and need income from games (no matter how small). The clubs let the players go to Tobago, when they didn't have to. They should at least be rewarded for their patriotism by having no interference in the ProLeague fixtures.

T&TEC gave out 100's of tickets to their game on saturday to schoolkids. How does it look to those kids that the game is now cancelled? North East supporters had booked a PTSC bus for their Friday game. The ProLeague facebook page has been shouting out about these matches, trying to generate interest. No wonder people don't take the ProLeague seriously. Cancelling games with two days notice is ridiculous. Clubs are working hard to attract supporters and the administrators are letting everyone down.

Offline Jamesgk1

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2011, 09:54:15 AM »
I completely agree with this point. School football in UK or Europe is left to the schools and is not even that important. Inter-col here takes away from the pro league and other Semi pro leagues . I have been saying since i came to TNT this is a big problem, I don't want to take anything away from the schools as they do well but is it really befitting TNT football in a whole???

The professional or leagues in Trinidad have to be the focal point of local football, I mean inter-col gets crowds due to the attendance of kids from the schools, if there was more focus or even links to the pro clubs maybe these kids would support the pro games.

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2011, 10:20:57 AM »
Would you believe a Sports Academy was first propose to the gov't by the permanent secretary by what ever ministry sport was under in 1962?

1]; } ?>