March 28, 2024, 03:42:21 PM

Author Topic: Perspectives and a dose of reality  (Read 2859 times)

Offline PEG

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Perspectives and a dose of reality
« on: June 15, 2006, 09:42:14 PM »
Having been at the 2 games the following are my perspectives:
1. Beenie is a genius.  He had us play 173 minutes without conceding a goal with 2 of the best sides in Europe.  It was a shame we could not hold on but to absorb that much pressure...is eventually buss pipe.
2.  Our players showed commitment and played with a blood in the boots mentality that almost reduced this big hard back man to tears.  Even if i wasn´t Trini.  I wanted them to hold on just for the total commitment they showed.  That being said (and I mean this with the utmost respect), we dont have one quality player that is in his prime so just enjoy the ride. Whether Theobald should play or not and i for onr things he should not, that stuff is at the margins.  What Beenie has done he deserves the benefit of the doubt, is not like Argentina where u have Messi on the bench.  The player who will replace Theobald will be marginally better.  At least he gives his all.  Stern John on the other hand has done nothing for 2 games, has no work rate and has this starboy complex.  But i defer to beenie.
3.  Those who calling for Latapy couldn´t be serious, we could not afford him in those 2 games, he is a defensive liab. and those games were about defending.  If we had attempted to attack either of those teams we would have been ripped to shreds.  Panama game a must win where we have to play to win is possibly a venue for him.
4.  Maximum respect to meh boy shaka who has proved that their is something such as a big game experienced.  You could retire now and know you have done it all

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
Re: Perspectives and a dose of reality
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 09:47:16 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause:
now allyuh shut up with the criticising and focus on the next match!!!lol... we play with alot more heart than anyone else so far... t&t is the best!!!

Offline Mr Fix-it

• Hero Warrior
  • I Love 5 things,my 3 Babies/ManU/Wife in dat order
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2006, 09:50:13 PM »
 :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :cheers: :notworthy:
"If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2006, 09:56:08 PM »
Having been at the 2 games the following are my perspectives:
1. Beenie is a genius. He had us play 173 minutes without conceding a goal with 2 of the best sides in Europe. It was a shame we could not hold on but to absorb that much pressure...is eventually buss pipe.
2. Our players showed commitment and played with a blood in the boots mentality that almost reduced this big hard back man to tears. Even if i wasn´t Trini. I wanted them to hold on just for the total commitment they showed. That being said (and I mean this with the utmost respect), we dont have one quality player that is in his prime so just enjoy the ride. Whether Theobald should play or not and i for onr things he should not, that stuff is at the margins. What Beenie has done he deserves the benefit of the doubt, is not like Argentina where u have Messi on the bench. The player who will replace Theobald will be marginally better. At least he gives his all. Stern John on the other hand has done nothing for 2 games, has no work rate and has this starboy complex. But i defer to beenie.
3. Those who calling for Latapy couldn´t be serious, we could not afford him in those 2 games, he is a defensive liab. and those games were about defending. If we had attempted to attack either of those teams we would have been ripped to shreds. Panama game a must win where we have to play to win is possibly a venue for him.
4. Maximum respect to meh boy shaka who has proved that their is something such as a big game experienced. You could retire now and know you have done it all

The 2 chances T&T got in the first half involved Stern. John Terry saved a sure goal and on the other one Stern was fighting off a defender and got a head to ball only to see it miss by a bit.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2006, 09:57:29 PM »
Actually ah feel Stern play much better in this game than de Sweden game but other than dat...
Well said PEG!!   :beermug: :beermug: :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline whayuhsay

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 09:59:12 PM »
So what about when we were a goal down?  Why not bring on the most creative playmaker ever to wear the red white and black?

Based on your logic, Latapy is then a sh!thound and a liability to every team he has played with....

Sorry but yuh doh know football!

3.  Those who calling for Latapy couldn´t be serious, we could not afford him in those 2 games, he is a defensive liab. and those games were about defending. 

Offline marcel

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 01:55:43 AM »

there was spoken with much respect about t&t on the dutch tv

before the worldcup the dutch did not
they laughed a bit
the laughing is over....
you gave everything,with your whole heart
much much respect
give it all the last poule game
you could still qualifie for the second round,not?
win with 3/4 goals from paraguay
sweden loose from uk
t&t go thru on goaldifference
am i wrong?

T&T rulez

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2006, 02:13:20 AM »
PEG,
Having just watched the game, I concur with some of the points you made here.

Did we deserve to win......NO

Did we have some chances that may  have produced abetter result ....YES

Did England overpower us.......NOT really

Was a tie within our grasp......YES

Gerrard scored  the goal of the game...period

Sancho in my opinion was interfered with by Crouch.Did you see Sancho 's head twisted back from the pull?

For the next game, I would like to see:

Glen start in place of Stern; Latapy ahead of Theobald.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2006, 02:48:16 AM »
You know ya'lll men talking BS. Stern played is heart out on dat field yesterday. I was at the game and he was excellent. When alyuh watching game you only feel that play is where de ball is. it eh so. Stern played his role great. I proud of the men in red balck and white. At the end of the game the english fan was telling us we should have won that game. They where quite just like the Sweds till they scored. They where shocked at the way WE MADE ENGLAND LOOK LIKE SHIT OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  .

But say what after de game wqe went and party at de Fan Fest :devil:
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline AB.Trini

• Hero Warrior
  • yuh cyar take meh ancestry from meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2006, 02:56:21 AM »
Before you take apersonal shot, I am not condemming John's play, I am simply saying that it would be a strategic move to start Glen who seems to have some pace to his game. Bring Stern on off the bench. But with two big games gone, how many shots have Stern have on net? Obviously the opposition is marking down the man so tight he cyar get space to run. They respect and know about the man. I say bring Glen the unknown on and leh we see if that will cause am change of pace.
My humble opinion....disd eh no BS!!!! Think about it.

Offline Themanfriday

• That's who I am, a real
  • Hero Warrior
  • CHILD of GOD
    • View Profile
    • Dexter B. Friday
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2006, 03:29:51 AM »
Before you take apersonal shot, I am not condemming John's play, I am simply saying that it would be a strategic move to start Glen who seems to have some pace to his game. Bring Stern on off the bench. But with two big games gone, how many shots have Stern have on net? Obviously the opposition is marking down the man so tight he cyar get space to run. They respect and know about the man. I say bring Glen the unknown on and leh we see if that will cause am change of pace.
4 shots at goal two in each game..  I was there infact the offside in England was Stern that put it in. we acctually thought we had equalized. When they cleared it from the line who was there????????? hello. All every body know is when it in de net. This is not all...... Its not personal at you but every game now it always have TV couches that think they know better than BEENIE........  Stern played well go read the match report that flex just put up
Born in SanDo
Raised in Marabella and Gasparillo
Lived in Philly
Join the US Army
Moved to Oklahoma
Deployed to Bosnia
Stayed in Hungary
Retired In Germany
Was at the WC
Cheering for Latapy
Deployed to Kosovo
Y? I don't know
Moved back to America
To live in Virginia
Retired age 44
This is my life

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2006, 05:27:17 AM »

3.  Those who calling for Latapy couldn´t be serious, we could not afford him in those 2 games, he is a defensive liab. and those games were about defending.  If we had attempted to attack either of those teams we would have been ripped to shreds.  Panama game a must win where we have to play to win is possibly a venue for him.

Good post pardna......but I really wish it was Panama we playing next tuesday!! ;) ;)

Offline saga pinto

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2006, 05:28:53 AM »
4 shots at goal two in each game..  I was there infact the offside in England was Stern that put it in. we acctually thought we had equalized. When they cleared it from the line who was there????????? hello. All every body know is when it in de net. This is not all...... Its not personal at you but every game now it always have TV couches that think they know better than BEENIE........  Stern played well go read the match report that flex just put up

He did play well I admit,but is he getting chances at that elusive goal,no he's not or neither creating those chances,what he adds to the team is taking the down with two men around him allowing us enough time to move forward and support,so maybe he had no other choice to adopt a different role for which he's not noted for.

It has alot to do with the tight marking on stern,england was obviously well prepared for his game but not glenns,over the years england has always had trouble with a nippy creative powerful striker and glenn had them rattled but notice every time glenn had the ball going forward englands defense was back pedaling but the problem I saw was the midfield support was slow to arrive each time leaving glenn with limited options,but to do it on his own.................just my take.........Peace.......      

Offline pass(10trini)

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2006, 06:58:10 AM »
All de flickin so call pundits up in here does jes open dey mouth. Stern play with so much heart and desire eh. After de man leave he soul on the pitch for alyuh dais all de flickin gratefullness alyuh could show.

Stern is borse class and commitment more than any other player on that team right now. If I was Stern ah wouldah stop playing any kind ah ball for this coutry cause is one setah unf**kingrateful ppl in TNT.

Yuh know wha, allahalyuh  HYMC !
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 06:59:43 AM by pass(10trini) »
Stag is a man's beer-
Ah beer is ah carib
choose one

Offline grskywalker

• Hero Warrior
  • WARRIORS BUSS THE NET AGAIN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2006, 08:02:35 AM »
You know ya'lll men talking BS. Stern played is heart out on dat field yesterday. I was at the game and he was excellent. When alyuh watching game you only feel that play is where de ball is. it eh so. Stern played his role great. I proud of the men in red balck and white. At the end of the game the english fan was telling us we should have won that game. They where quite just like the Sweds till they scored. They where shocked at the way WE MADE ENGLAND LOOK LIKE SHIT OUT THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!  .

But say what after de game wqe went and party at de Fan Fest :devil:

I concur, Stern had a better game

Offline The_Ice

• My band, Red Vellum Razorblades ... enjoy :D
  • Hero Warrior
  • RVR guitarist
    • View Profile
    • Red Vellum Razorblades
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2006, 10:33:30 AM »
So what about when we were a goal down?  Why not bring on the most creative playmaker ever to wear the red white and black?

Based on your logic, Latapy is then a sh!thound and a liability to every team he has played with....

Sorry but yuh doh know football!

3.  Those who calling for Latapy couldn´t be serious, we could not afford him in those 2 games, he is a defensive liab. and those games were about defending. 

steups... the man say defensive liability and everyone knows that latas is one... but he is one of the best offensive assets a team can have... what he was saying is that when defense is necessary (as it was in the last 2 matches) latapy would not be the best option but rather for a game when we would have to enact a pure attack style as we may have to do against paraguay

1]; } ?>